Topic Stats

• 7,267 posts
  • 423 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by jurassicpark93
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,702 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191006_153405 (resized).jpg
94DBEB2A-7C14-4995-87FF-22F578D6980F (resized).jpeg
04DC7774-5164-4AE2-BA4E-AF89D57D6AB6 (resized).jpeg
F97CF5CA-6AE3-47DF-8445-434C0C2780C7 (resized).jpeg
7B6FC943-EE3E-4675-AA9E-C15AFD9A5722 (resized).jpeg
jhgfdfghjk (resized).jpg
365016a01354d2298def4c158decb44b28ba348e.jpeg (resized).jpg
IMG_4088 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200110_180039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_175015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200109-025458_Chrome (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpg
JP (resized).png
20200107_202834 (resized).jpg
20200107_202821 (resized).jpg
7812FF34-932D-4672-8D88-546F9FA83206 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7267 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 146.
#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I 2nd this count. I verified this vs what I pulled out and what I put in when I LED mine a few weeks back. The manual is way off. I didn't do the start button or smart missle button and got these same numbers. Add 10% for brand new bulbs not working + a few spares + samples for other games.

Does this count include the bottom row of the backbox?
Those were originally 455 flashers

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

I saw that mentioned in a video from TNT amusements about the flashers. I didn't account for those but instead just placed the standard #44 bulbs in there. I got some flashers and tried that but didn't see any flashing on my head box. I wonder if this flashing went away with ChadH Ver 6 code. I might be way off on that guess but its just a thought. Anyone else know more about this?

#3053 2 years ago

Having a problem with the left flipper. Can someone send a pic or tell me which wires (color) belong to which coil lug and to which EOS switch terminal? All 4 wires are currently unattached and I am now confused as to which goes where. Thanks...

#3054 2 years ago

OK JP owners Please help me with this, check out the last few posts on this thread!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-inner-art-decals/page/2#post-3626333

Thanks

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Can someone send a pic or tell me which wires (color) belong to which coil lug and to which EOS switch terminal

IMG_2149 (resized).JPG

IMG_2152 (resized).JPG

#3056 2 years ago

@C65mustang-
Throw some mirror blades in there.

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

I saw that mentioned in a video from TNT amusements about the flashers. I didn't account for those but instead just placed the standard #44 bulbs in there. I got some flashers and tried that but didn't see any flashing on my head box. I wonder if this flashing went away with ChadH Ver 6 code. I might be way off on that guess but its just a thought. Anyone else know more about this?

The bulbs themselves flash with a make or break element that moves with heat. They aren't controlled lamps

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

455s are blinkers, not flashers. They fit in 44 sockets but blink all by themselves randomly like Christmas tree lights.

RM

#3059 2 years ago

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!

It's been 9 years since our JP has been playable, and today it lives again! All told, two capacitors on the power supply board had blown, a third had been switched by somebody (not really sure who or when) but wasn't fully soldered on, and replacement of a failed transistor on the PPB board and we have life again.

Additional work to get things going included switch adjustments in the ball trough and the T-Rex as well.

This weekend's project - bulb swapping. Looks like there's 10 or more bulbs around the play field that need replacement...

It's been so long since I last played the JP that I really forgot how cinematic game play was (and a good chunk of the ruleset too!)

#3060 2 years ago

Thanks to C65Mustand and V_Piscopo for sending pics of the flipper coil wire. Back up and running.

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Nope. I didn't even know these had 455 in them until I read it in another post.

Who are you guys using for your 455 LEDs? I see that comet has some and I've liked all of their stuff so far but $1.20/bulb is hard to justify for the backbox.

My BTTF has 455 in the backbox as well. Must be a DE thing.

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

OK JP owners Please help me with this, check out the last few posts on this thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-inner-art-decals/page/2#post-3626333
Thanks

These blades suck. We are all waiting on hassanchop to make some nice ones.

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Would also be interested in some blades for my JP. I liked the ones on that other thread but interested if there are other options too. Though I'm worried about durability because my inner cabinet is pretty scratched up from playfield lifting.

#3064 2 years ago

Just checking with the JP owners to see if anyone has an original topper they would be willing to sell me? It doesn't have to be perfect. Lord knows my cabinet isn't. Please send me a private message if you have something. Thank you!

#3065 2 years ago

well lets let him know there are a few of us with money ready for him to make these things! lets do this LOL

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

well lets let him know there are a few of us with money ready for him to make these things! lets do this LOL

Oh he knows. I harass him any chance i get.

#3067 2 years ago

What art work are y'all wanting on the blades? Sorry if I missed the post.

#3068 2 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I was wanting something like what's in this thread

But others might want something a little different, either way I just would like something that looks cool on the inner side walls of my JP

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

We want hand drawn art that matches the backsplash decal with the dinosaurs and scenery.

#3071 2 years ago

same style but with the visitor centre in the distance on one side and maybe spitter and t rex paddock on left side

#3072 2 years ago

Wow, I haven't seen that one before. That's pretty nice. I agree that the addition of a visitor center would be cool.

#3073 2 years ago

I will see what I can get done. This might take some time as I have to go to some one that knows how to draw this.

#3074 2 years ago

Yes and no. That looks like just a scan of the back splash decal thats then mirrored for the other side.

Very close though. Good idea, just not great execution. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I will see what I can get done. This might take some time as I have to go to some one that knows how to draw this.

Please reach out for community feedback as progress is made. I've seen a few attempts come out of nowhere and they all miss the mark one way or another.

I'm personally not buying anything that uses the same cut and paste dino or palm tree over and over, and I'm not buying anything that has the left and right side mirrored.

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Just finish it up and put in the line up. Now time to play the s&*T out of it. Led's all from comet. Like the pop lights.

I actually really like the inner side art that you have in your machine. Where did you get it and is there any way you can help me get a set too?

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

Just checking with the JP owners to see if anyone has an original topper they would be willing to sell me? It doesn't have to be perfect. Lord knows my cabinet isn't. Please send me a private message if you have something. Thank you!

I got mine from kruzman, I think he has some NOS ones left. Shoot him a PM

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm not buying anything that has the left and right side mirrored

That's a lot to ask for since they are all mirrored.

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

That's a lot to ask for since they are all mirrored.

The better examples of side art I've seen are not mirrored.

#3080 2 years ago

The better examples of side art I've seen are not mirrored.

I dunno, I really love my T2 ones from hassanchop that are mirrored.

I just dont like the ones that are mirrored poorly like the copy paste ones above.

b8d04c2695d6a8945fdf2a23cbe2cd81bc983a83 (resized).jpg

#3081 2 years ago

I just dont like the ones that are mirrored poorly like the copy paste ones above.

If we're talking dinos for JP, and I hope we are, I don't want to see the exact same one mirrored on both sides, but maybe that's just me.

If I recall correctly, the only mirroring present on the playfield occurs on the slingshots.

#3082 2 years ago

OK, so here is a very basic mock up of what I envision. Id like the electric fence to be incorporated in the back of the machine and have it trail off equally on both side, with different dinosaurs behind it on each side. Id like the field to be represented from the stampede mode, so the log, and the gallimimus. I am literally coming off the flu and have no time to work this out any further, but wanted to put in some more wish list stuff lol. Dont judge.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#3083 2 years ago

OK, so here is a very basic mock up of what I envision. Id like the electric fence to be incorporated in the back of the machine and have it trail off equally on both side, with different dinosaurs behind it on each side. Id like the field to be represented from the stampede mode, so the log, and the gallimimus. I am literally coming off the flu and have no time to work this out any further, but wanted to put in some more wish list stuff lol. Dont judge.

I will take a set drawn exactly like this, black and white, . Let me know where to paypal!

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I will take a set drawn exactly like this, black and white, . Let me know where to paypal!

Hell ya! Ring the bell! Another sale!

#3085 2 years ago

Id like the field to be represented from the stampede mode, so the log, and the gallimimus.

I'd second the stampede scene. I also think having the Visitor's Center somewhere on there would be cool. Perhaps a nod to Dennis' broken down jeep on the back right with the broken sign pointing to the boat docks. I'd prefer it's not that actual scene, just a something that reminds the player of that scene.

JP (resized).png

#3086 2 years ago

Those are mirrors of each other, hence "mirrored". I get that blades can have metal and be mirrored but I don't think that's what winteriscoming was referring to. Maybe I was wrong.

#3087 2 years ago

This fence look makes sense because the gate is on the playfield. It kinda connects the theme with the fence leading to the gate and then the other side could also be more fence with a different dino, landscaping, or other point of interest beyond the fence. Actually since it would be the left side it could be the Timmy on the fence scene.

#3088 2 years ago

I'd like to try my own blade design (just try, not sure if I will be able to do something interesting). Does anybody have some kind of blank template with correct measures/shape?

#3089 2 years ago

My "1st time pinball buying" experience continues--thanks in advance to the forum for helping to educate me on the science and duct-tape karma that comes with owning one of these toys (which I am enjoying).
So, my JP flashed a message about batteries on the DMD that my son quickly dismissed because he was fired up to take on dad in a game.
I did a bit of research and found out that pinball machines have batteries (who knew! - again I am a newbie). So the next day I figured out how to open up the back box, located the batteries and replaced them. When I turned the power back on the DMD displayed "open the door" which I did and then closed it - but am having an issue.
When the game powers up, the DMD initially displays the design version info (which is normal), but then the DMD goes blank (nothing on the screen). The machine mechanically goes through normal start- Tex Rex moves and does diagnostics, etc. but the DMD displays nothing at all (normally displays the "please wait - performing diagnosis message"). But I get nothing. The T-Rex does physically go through the diagnostics - just no message on the DMD (remains blank). After the T-Rex physically completes the diagnostics cycle, the game looks like it's ready to play (sound /lights all work on the playfield -but a still a blank DMD) When I press the "start" button it says "Hurry restart the system!" If I leave it alone long enough eventually the DMD displays one of the audit screens.
Didn't think replacing the batteries would have so whacked out the game. Any thoughts/pointers on how to get it back in order would be appreciated - thx!

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

My "1st time pinball buying" experience continues--thanks in advance to the forum for helping to educate me on the science and duct-tape karma that comes with owning one of these toys (which I am enjoying).
So, my JP flashed a message about batteries on the DMD that my son quickly dismissed because he was fired up to take on dad in a game.
I did a bit of research and found out that pinball machines have batteries (who knew! - again I am a newbie). So the next day I figured out how to open up the back box, located the batteries and replaced them. When I turned the power back on the DMD displayed "open the door" which I did and then closed it - but am having an issue.
When the game powers up, the DMD initially displays the design version info (which is normal), but then the DMD goes blank (nothing on the screen). The machine mechanically goes through normal start- Tex Rex moves and does diagnostics, etc. but the DMD displays nothing at all (normally displays the "please wait - performing diagnosis message"). But I get nothing. The T-Rex does physically go through the diagnostics - just no message on the DMD (remains blank). After the T-Rex physically completes the diagnostics cycle, the game looks like it's ready to play (sound /lights all work on the playfield -but a still a blank DMD) When I press the "start" button it says "Hurry restart the system!" If I leave it alone long enough eventually the DMD displays one of the audit screens.
Didn't think replacing the batteries would have so whacked out the game. Any thoughts/pointers on how to get it back in order would be appreciated - thx!

I'm not sure why your display is now blank... maybe, with the power turned off, you could try to reseat (unplug and plug back in) all the cables related to the display.

By removing the batteries, this also reset its memory to default. And by default, the game wants you to enter coins first before you can hit Start. Once you have the display functioning, you can go into the Adjustments and set it back to Free Play.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'm not sure why your display is now blank... maybe, with the power turned off, you could try to reseat (unplug and plug back in) all the cables related to the display.
By removing the batteries, this also reset its memory to default. And by default, the game wants you to enter coins first before you can hit Start. Once you have the display functioning, you can go into the Adjustments and set it back to Free Play.

Thanks for the tip--will give it a try. Can anyone send a pic (or narrate) where that connection is? (Still learning this stuff..)

Thx

#3092 2 years ago

when you open the "back box door" to expose the circuit boards in the back box, just look at the back of the DMD assembly. There will be 3 cables/wires of various style and width. If you carefully disconnect and reconnect each one, doing this one cable at a time AND reconnecting them in the same direction that they came off, you should be OK, that is what Chad is most likely referring to. Be sure to do this with the game powered off and unplugged from the wall just to be safe. Plug the game back in and turn it back on to check if the display comes back on.

If not, turn off the game and unplug from the wall to be safe. Follow the path of each of these DMD cables/wires to find where they connect to on the main circuit boards. Repeat the same procedure to disconnect and reconnect these cable/wires at the main board side but use plenty of care as you may end up loosening other cables and wires accidentally.

While you are at it, check the battery holder to be sure that they new batteries have been installed in the correct position. Also look for battery corrosion or broken battery terminal clips. Checking the battery holder for corrosion is a good idea and cleaning it up before it causes damage is a must. Many people install remote battery holders to relocate the batteries away from the circuit boards.

Chad is correct about the game probably wanting coins or credits to start. You'll have to go into game adjustment mode to return the game back to free play once you get the display dmd working again.

You could trigger the coin switch inside the coin door to simulate adding coins or just even drop a couple of coins through the slot to be sure that the game will start up.

Good luck.

#3093 2 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

when you open the "back box door" to expose the circuit boards in the back box, just look at the back of the DMD assembly. There will be 3 cables/wires of various style and width. If you carefully disconnect and reconnect each one, doing this one cable at a time AND reconnecting them in the same direction that they came off, you should be OK, that is what Chad is most likely referring to. Be sure to do this with the game powered off and unplugged from the wall just to be safe. Plug the game back in and turn it back on to check if the display comes back on.

Thanks guys- we are back up and running!
I checked the connections to the DMD and they looked good, also powered everything off and took out the batteries and let the machine rest for a while then re-installed the batteries and everything "re-booted" great and we're back to normal. Thanks for the help.
Out of curiosity, is there anyway to avoid having to replace the batteries so that the high scores/etc. don't reset? It's a family pinball machine and would like to keep bragging rights/results on the machine if possible.
Thanks again to the forum and and all the help and guidance -happy to be part of the community.

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

Out of curiosity, is there anyway to avoid having to replace the batteries so that the high scores/etc. don't reset? It's a family pinball machine and would like to keep bragging rights/results on the machine if possible.
Thanks again to the forum and and all the help and guidance -happy to be part of the community.

You need to have your JP powered on when you replace the batteries in order to retain the settings and high scores. I know the natural inclination is to replace batteries with the machine off, but then you will lose your settings and high scores.

You may want to get NVRAM for your JP and you will not have to replace batteries ever again. Since RAM on JP is already socketed it is a simple installation procedure. Below is a link for NVRAM.

http://lockwhenlit.com/anyPinDMD+.htm

Gord

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

Out of curiosity, is there anyway to avoid having to replace the batteries so that the high scores/etc. don't reset?

You can install NVRAM and eliminate the need for batteries. It's pretty easy to do on DE games as there is no soldering involved. There are several vendors selling NVRAM solutions these days at varying prices. Get one that claims to be compatible with DE and they should have directions available for you.

#3096 2 years ago

You can install NVRAM and eliminate the need for batteries. It's pretty easy to do on DE games as there is no soldering involved. There are several vendors selling NVRAM solutions these days at varying prices. Get one that claims to be compatible with DE and they should have directions available for you.

I've got a chart up @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php that has links to pictures for most boards highlighting the RAM location on the boards. RAM is at 5D on Data East boards, below the game eproms.. usually will have "6264" marked on it. You pull that and replace with nvram, making sure to orient the notch the same way and you're good to go. Regardless of what vendor anyone chooses for nvram, any 6264 nvram will work in Data East boards and is plug-and-play. Just usually a good idea to restore to factory defaults after you've installed the nvram, set freeplay, etc.

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I've got a chart up @ http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php that has links to pictures for most boards highlighting the RAM location on the boards. RAM is at 5D on Data East boards, below the game eproms.. usually will have "6264" marked on it. You pull that and replace with nvram, making sure to orient the notch the same way and you're good to go. Regardless of what vendor anyone chooses for nvram, any 6264 nvram will work in Data East boards and is plug-and-play. Just usually a good idea to restore to factory defaults after you've installed the nvram, set freeplay, etc.

Great--thanks for the tip guys--will take a run at it and appreciate the feedback and suggestions--

#3099 2 years ago

That's awesome. Man. I have a few broken plastics, but still visually look unbroken. Should I buy and set just to keep on hand. hmmm.

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That's awesome. Man. I have a few broken plastics, but still visually look unbroken. Should I buy and set just to keep on hand. hmmm.

Jayzuss!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
League City, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
There are 7267 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 146.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside