IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 203.
#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The diodes for those switches are probably mounted remotely. Follow the wire and find the diode board mounted to the playfield directly.

The URL below shows a JP with the diode mounted remotely.

Gord

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/4#post-1939477

#3002 7 years ago

My JP is having an issue. The coil that kicks balls into the shooter lane seems to work fine for several games and then ends up getting stuck. The problem is especially evident during multiball. I'm having trouble tracking down the issue and I thought it might be the vertical switch on the right of the ball trough but I've replaced it twice and I'm still having the problem. Anyone else have any recommendations to try? I have a video demonstrating the issue:

#3003 7 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

My JP is having an issue. The coil that kicks balls into the shooter lane seems to work fine for several games and then ends up getting stuck. The problem is especially evident during multiball. I'm having trouble tracking down the issue and I thought it might be the vertical switch on the right of the ball trough but I've replaced it twice and I'm still having the problem. Anyone else have any recommendations to try? I have a video demonstrating the issue:
» YouTube video

I had the same problem. I solved it replacing the coil.

#3004 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

OK I have almost the entire playfield done on the under side. The control room scoop isn't working and I found a broke off sire from the switch. There isnt a diode on this switch and I am pretty sure that it got knocked off with the wire. I have some and need to make sure that a diode is needed on that switch and if I have the right part. Thanks as always. Full pictures of the shopped and ledded out JP to follow soon.

Control room scoop diode is a service bulletin, so it should be on the switch itself unless someone moved it to a remote location.
I just uploaded a couple more service bulletins to my facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/JurassicParkPinballOwners/

It's service bulletin #43. (Thanks Ingo for uploading)

#3005 7 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Control room scoop diode is a service bulletin, so it should be on the switch itself unless someone moved it to a remote location.
I just uploaded a couple more service bulletins to my facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/JurassicParkPinballOwners/
It's service bulletin #43. (Thanks Ingo for uploading)

After the service bulletin came out, they started mounting the diodes remotely at the factory, as seen a couple posts above.

#3006 7 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

Does anyone know when the topper lights illuminate during the game? I get the flashers to work during diagnostics but there are three bulbs between the two flashers that never seem to come on and they should be working. Just trying to figure out if I have a problem or if I'm just not noticing them light up. Thank you!

Mine are connected to GI. Green and Green + White line.

Funny my flashers weren't working up there but then it looks like mine never had a topper either. Screw holes are pre-drilled but never screwed into. On my machine the flashers didn't have bulbs in side the caps. Guess this is how the game came? So... dumb question but do you have bulbs under the other caps?

#3007 7 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

My JP is having an issue. The coil that kicks balls into the shooter lane seems to work fine for several games and then ends up getting stuck.

Remove cover and check coil #16 Q23 trough lockout.
This solenoid is supposed to release one ball at a time
onto the eject VUK. It could be gummed up.

#3008 7 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

Does anyone know when the topper lights illuminate during the game? I get the flashers to work during diagnostics but there are three bulbs between the two flashers that never seem to come on and they should be working. Just trying to figure out if I have a problem or if I'm just not noticing them light up. Thank you!

Mine light up all the time and flash some times. I dont have any more details at the moment.

#3009 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Mine light up all the time and flash some times. I dont have any more details at the moment.

To clarify the three lamps on top are GI lamps the circuit is part of the
back box lighting.
1) If not lit, check for bad lamps and or broken continuity.
2) If back box and playfield GI is lit, then the top three lamps should
--- be lit.

#3010 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

1) Go into diagnostics and once at the T-Rex diagnostics make sure that when you bring him up and down and verify that the display says the proper switches are on and off. You can also test the bite by pressing the trigger if I remember correctly. It most likely will involve the down switch not registering properly or perhaps something wrong with the coil/bracket/jaw that makes the bite function.
Edit from the manual:
T-REX Test This test shows the status of all the switches on the t-rex mechanism, and provides motor control when the appropriate switches are properly adjusted. To move the creature left and right, use the left and right flipper buttons. Note: The t-rex top switch must indicate ON to allow left and right movement. To move the creature up and down use the start button. Note: The t-rex center switch must indicate ON to allow up and down movement. When adjusting the center switch Do not bend the actuator, loosen the mounting screws and re-position the entire switch. Operating the trigger switch should pule the jaw coil.

Thanks for all the suggestions on the T-Rex not eating the ball issue I'm having - definitely appreciate the thoughts and help. Spent some time with the machine did worked through the diagnostic checks recommended and while I haven't gotten to the final solution yet, it seems like I've definitely eliminated quite of few of the other potential issues sources (which is a win for sure). I did check the main cable conduit to him and all seems good with no cracking of the wires - so I think I'm good there. I also ran the T-Rex diagnostics and it looks like he's doing everything he's supposed to (all the switches check-out - top/bottom/center/left/right and I can even get him to "chomp" when he's in the up position (all the switches on the diagnostic menu check out good). The issue still remains that his jaw doesn't "close" around the ball when he's in the full down position in game mode (or diagnostics mode for that matter) - but he does everything else perfect. In the diagnostics mode, I did try the trigger/jaw test when he was fully "down" but nothing happened, but I don't know if that's really a diagnostic test protocol or not (in the down position).

When he does go down to pick up the ball, is his jaw supposed to "close" around the ball in a separate action trigger or is this more of a "friction" action where the jaws simply envelope the ball and then eat/dispose of it when it "chomps" when it's fully up? If it's a "friction" issue, was thinking may I need to tighten up the jaw or something similar?

Thanks again for any thoughts or past experiences - think I'm getting close!

#3011 7 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

Thanks for all the suggestions on the T-Rex not eating the ball issue I'm having - definitely appreciate the thoughts and help. Spent some time with the machine did worked through the diagnostic checks recommended and while I haven't gotten to the final solution yet, it seems like I've definitely eliminated quite of few of the other potential issues sources (which is a win for sure). I did check the main cable conduit to him and all seems good with no cracking of the wires - so I think I'm good there. I also ran the T-Rex diagnostics and it looks like he's doing everything he's supposed to (all the switches check-out - top/bottom/center/left/right and I can even get him to "chomp" when he's in the up position (all the switches on the diagnostic menu check out good). The issue still remains that his jaw doesn't "close" around the ball when he's in the full down position in game mode (or diagnostics mode for that matter) - but he does everything else perfect. In the diagnostics mode, I did try the trigger/jaw test when he was fully "down" but nothing happened, but I don't know if that's really a diagnostic test protocol or not (in the down position).
When he does go down to pick up the ball, is his jaw supposed to "close" around the ball in a separate action trigger or is this more of a "friction" action where the jaws simply envelope the ball and then eat/dispose of it when it "chomps" when it's fully up? If it's a "friction" issue, was thinking may I need to tighten up the jaw or something similar?
Thanks again for any thoughts or past experiences - think I'm getting close!

Mine was having this same issue and I ended up having to replace the black wire that runs to TREX. It's a known problem that I found in a post somewhere but my issue was what you described - chomps fine when vertical, won't chomp when horizontal. Something about a black wire rubbing wrong or not being long enough, don't remember exactly the issue, but replaced the wire and it works fine now. Sorry for the really crappy description. I'm sure a few pinside searches will turn up a much more thorough solution.

The TREX "closes" around the ball, brings it up vertical and it falls into the subway. It doesn't "hold" the ball in it's teeth, just grabs it into it's mouth.

#3012 7 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

The issue still remains that his jaw doesn't "close" around the ball when he's in the full down position in game mode (or diagnostics mode for that matter) - but he does everything else perfect.

Your cable wire is broken at the "L" bend.

#3013 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Mine was having this same issue and I ended up having to replace the black wire that runs to TREX. It's a known problem that I found in a post somewhere but my issue was what you described - chomps fine when vertical, won't chomp when horizontal. Something about a black wire rubbing wrong or not being long enough, don't remember exactly the issue, but replaced the wire and it works fine now. Sorry for the really crappy description. I'm sure a few pinside searches will turn up a much more thorough solution.
The TREX "closes" around the ball, brings it up vertical and it falls into the subway. It doesn't "hold" the ball in it's teeth, just grabs it into it's mouth.

Quoted from vec-tor:

Your cable wire is broken at the "L" bend.

Thanks--will dig deeper into it and take a closer look for the black wire issue--certainly appreciate the help and sounds like the exact same issue so hopefully same solution too!

YPURCHN or VEC-TOR - can you clarify or even maybe send me a pick of the black wire connect/general location when you get a second? Not at the machine right now, but remember seeing a bundled/sheath of wires that leads to the T-Rex from the playfield and trying to confirm if the black wire will be in this (and I'll need to remove the sheath) or if it's separate from this bundle.

Thanks again for all the help - appreciate it!

#3014 7 years ago
Quoted from JP1993:

can you clarify or even maybe send me a pick of the black wire connect/general location when you get a second? Not at the machine right now, but remember seeing a bundled/sheath of wires that leads to the T-Rex from the playfield and trying to confirm if the black wire will be in this (and I'll need to remove the sheath) or if it's separate from this bundle.

There are 2 wires going to the coil on the back of the t-rex, probably sheathed. They should be exposed to where you can see the color going to each lead on the coil. Make a note of which color goes on which lead in relation to the diode (banded side or not) and look where they connect under the PF (I can't quite remember where they terminate off hand). Replace the entire sheath with both wires. The break could be in either wire, so just replace it all.

#3015 7 years ago

Hey all. I wanted to thank you for the assistance with the T-Rex jaw mounting bracket. I replaced the parts and now we are back in business.

I do have a new issue with some switches. All 7 of the CN8-5 Switch column are not registering during diagnostics and they are all on the same circuit. Control Room and Bunker stopped working, three nearby targets (pics) and the ramp switches.

I've tested all of the fuses I can find inside the cabinet and in the back box but all have continuity. The CN8 connector that attaches to the CPU looks ok as well. Am I missing some fuses attached to the playfield?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

IMG_5760 (resized).JPGIMG_5760 (resized).JPG
IMG_5761 (resized).JPGIMG_5761 (resized).JPG

IMG_5762 (resized).JPGIMG_5762 (resized).JPG

#3016 7 years ago

My instruction card refers to the Computer Room instead of the Control Room as starting the different modes - Stampede, etc. Has anyone else noticed that? I am pretty sure I have an original Instruction card.

#3017 7 years ago

dearliza98 - I've encountered this a few times. First thing to check is the right ramp exit switch. Pulling the play field in and out always runs the risk of hitting this switch with the way it mounts to the back.

If that looks good, you'll want to follow that wire (green/black) from switch to switch. If none of those switches are registering, chances are it came loose at one of those switch points. The center scoop switch is notorious for shaking the wire loose.

Good luck!

#3018 7 years ago

tjprice222 thank you for the help! I will check it out tonight. I noticed that switch on the top/back of the ramp. I really hope it's something simple like that.

#3019 7 years ago

tjprice222 well I spent a couple hours last night trying to track down the source of the switch column failure. I got the switches to register a couple of times but it was random like a wire is loose but I can't figure it out.

I'm wondering, do you know if there is a way to isolate the issue to a particular switch? I have a DMM but not sure what exactly to do. Thanks for the help!

#3020 7 years ago

OK I need help finding some of the parts.

Where do I find the large chip PN: F6808P

Also while I am asking, how do I figure out the part numbers of the resistors, resistor packs, and cap on this board?

In the picture I circled C94, RA4 and another one.

Thanks again

IMG_3188_2 (resized).jpgIMG_3188_2 (resized).jpg

#3021 7 years ago

DearLiza - Did you replace the IDT connector? Also, there appears to be corrosion on your circuit board. Did the batteries leak at some time? The corrosion should be cleaned up, as it will continue to grow and cause more problems in the future.

RA 4 is a resistor array - I doubt that it's bad.

Great Plains Electronics is a good source.

#3022 7 years ago

Billc479 I think your response was actually for C65Mustang but appreciate the sense of community regardless!

#3023 7 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Great Plains Electronics is a good source

+1 for Great Plains. They are a great place to buy any type of electronics for board repair.

#3024 7 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

DearLiza - Did you replace the IDT connector? Also, there appears to be corrosion on your circuit board. Did the batteries leak at some time? The corrosion should be cleaned up, as it will continue to grow and cause more problems in the future.
RA 4 is a resistor array - I doubt that it's bad.
Great Plains Electronics is a good source.

Yes I am working to remove all the corrosion but wanted to replace some parts as well since the corrosion has crept up the legs of some chips, cap, resistors, diodes, and transistors on the board. That main large chip is really what I am worried about.

#3025 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

That main large chip

That is a 6808 processor available at Marco or others.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/6808

#3026 7 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That is a 6808 processor available at Marco or others.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/6808

does it need any special programming or can I just buy a new one and install it straight out of the box?

#3027 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

does it need any special programming or can I just buy a new one and install it straight out of the box?

Buy and install out of box.

#3028 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Buy and install out of box.

Correct, and remember the semi circle notch shown on the left end of yours identifies how the chip is oriented, so put the replacement in with the semi circle or notch on the same end.

You can also see the smaller 14 pin chips above it have a similar notch at the end to show the orientation.

#3029 7 years ago

Note sure if this is a technically a mod but we now have a cool alternative Jurassic Park translite available:

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-rex-alternative-pinball-translite/

jp-alt-trans-mockup (resized).jpgjp-alt-trans-mockup (resized).jpg

There will also be a 3D Jurassic Park translite, same image as this 2D, available in the near future. They are a lot more expensive to produce however.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#3030 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Note sure if this is a technically a mod but we now have a cool alternative Jurassic Park translite available:
http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/jurassic-park-rex-alternative-pinball-translite/

There will also be a 3D Jurassic Park translite, same image as this 2D, available in the near future. They are a lot more expensive to produce however.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Nice!

#3031 7 years ago

Dang it. I have an issue to track down. Was playing yesterday, and right after the Trex ate the ball, the game thought it was tripped by the slam tilt. Pretty sure it has to be a short, right? Time to break out the schematics I guess.

#3032 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Dang it. I have an issue to track down. Was playing yesterday, and right after the Trex ate the ball, the game thought it was tripped by the slam tilt. Pretty sure it has to be a short, right? Time to break out the schematics I guess.

check your coindoor tilt switch
just in case

#3033 7 years ago

I recently picked up a JP that has a shaker. Did they originally come with one? Also, I'm thinking about LEDing it but notice lots of fade going on in the GI. Has anyone had any issue with that?

20170220_163744 (resized).jpg20170220_163744 (resized).jpg

20170220_163800 (resized).jpg20170220_163800 (resized).jpg

20170220_163753 (resized).jpg20170220_163753 (resized).jpg

20170220_163736 (resized).jpg20170220_163736 (resized).jpg

20170220_163739 (resized).jpg20170220_163739 (resized).jpg

20170220_163816 (resized).jpg20170220_163816 (resized).jpg

20170220_163736 (resized).jpg20170220_163736 (resized).jpg

#3034 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I recently picked up a JP that has a shaker. Did they originally come with one? Also, I'm thinking about LEDing it but notice lots of fade going on in the GI. Has anyone had any issue with that?

Yes, JP did originally come with a shaker motor. When the T-Rex picks up the ball the shaker motor does its thing. If the GI is fading it sounds like you may need to replace some oxidized GI connectors and also re-pin the appropriate male headers on the power driver board.

Gord

#3035 7 years ago

Definitely seems like a controlled dimming at points. Maybe I need to play it more, I could be wrong.

#3036 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Pete
Retro Refurbs

Nice work, can't wait to see the 3D backglass. I never really had an issue with the backglass; but if you could create an alternative payfield; I'd be interested.

#3037 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Definitely seems like a controlled dimming at points. Maybe I need to play it more, I could be wrong.

I don't recall dimming, other than turning off/on at the start of multiball and such. More likely the GI connector is failing.

#3038 7 years ago

Yeah no dimming I was wrong. Damn this game rocks!

#3039 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Nice work, can't wait to see the 3D backglass. I never really had an issue with the backglass; but if you could create an alternative payfield; I'd be interested.

alternative playfield? now that would be ambitious

#3040 7 years ago

Full cabinet Light count quantites
I figured that I would add this add as I couldn't find it any where else and I think this is good information
#44 bulbs = 100 exactly
#89 bulbs = 25
#555 bulbs = 31(this includes coin door lights and start button light)
#906 bulbs = 6
The only light I did not pull from my cabinet and I don't know what it is, is the light in the trigger"smart missle" light.
This is I believe an exact count of all lights in the cabinet, this includes the lights on the top of the cabinet where the topper sits.

Added over 7 years ago: Full cabinet Light count quantities

here is the exact corrected light count quantity updated after help with pinside comments below
#44 bulbs = 93 exactly
#89 bulbs = 25
#555 bulbs = 32(this includes coin door lights, start button light, and smart missile light)
#906 bulbs = 6
#455 bulbs = 7

This is I believe an exact count of all lights in the cabinet, this includes the lights on the top of the cabinet where the topper sits.

#3041 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

The only light I did not pull from my cabinet and I don't know what it is, is the light in the trigger"smart missle" light.

There is a square molex connector that connects the two switches and light from the gun to the cabinet. By disconnecting the molex connector, removing the four bolts you can unscrew the gun into two halves. You will see the bulb once you separate the two. My problem is I can't get my light in the gun to turn on. It is in parallel with the one on the playfield but I have not found where the wire break is. Anybody know of a common break point? Mine was a #555 bulb.

#3042 7 years ago

The light socket under my 2 ball play area on my playfield is corroded so bad the light will barely come on. What is a good replacement for this light socket? I looked on http://www.marcospecialties.com but I was unsure of which one was the exact replacement option.

IMG_3487 (resized).JPGIMG_3487 (resized).JPG

IMG_3488 (resized).JPGIMG_3488 (resized).JPG

#3043 7 years ago

Quoted from C65Mustang:Full cabinet Light count quantites
I figured that I would add this add as I couldn't find it any where else and I think this is good information
#44 bulbs = 100 exactly
#89 bulbs = 25
#555 bulbs = 31(this includes coin door lights and start button light)
#906 bulbs = 6

I 2nd this count. I verified this vs what I pulled out and what I put in when I LED mine a few weeks back. The manual is way off. I didn't do the start button or smart missle button and got these same numbers. Add 10% for brand new bulbs not working + a few spares + samples for other games.

Added over 7 years ago: Forgot that I chose not to change (1) #44/47 bulb that is under the subway...

Also their are (7) #455 in the backbox in the bottom row that should lower the #44/47 by (7)

Otherwise matches what I got.

#3044 7 years ago

Hello all, just purchased my first JP

#3045 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

alternative playfield? now that would be ambitious

Mostly joking. I'm just not a fan of Markus Rothkranz's playfield art style.

#3046 7 years ago

Just curious to know how many of you have a topper installed. Mine does not have a topper. Was the game originally sold with a topper or was it an add on?

#3047 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Just curious to know how many of you have a topper installed. Mine does not have a topper. Was the game originally sold with a topper or was it an add on?

I always assumed they came with one, but never asked. My topper is sitting in a box because I need to extend my ceiling before I can put it on lol. I have determined the best compromise would be to cut the legs down and add a recess to the ceiling. There is no reason to use logic and just move the machine lol

#3048 7 years ago

I've owned the game twice and both included a topper. I've assumed that many have simply been broken or lost.

#3049 7 years ago
Quoted from sagejr:

Hi sagejr,

JP was originally sold with the topper. I purchased my JP from the original owner and he told me that the game came with the topper when he purchased it NIB from the local distributor (Game Exchange) in 1993.

Gord

#3050 7 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

The light socket under my 2 ball play area on my playfield is corroded so bad the light will barely come on. What is a good replacement for this light socket? I looked on http://www.marcospecialties.com but I was unsure of which one was the exact replacement option.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction for this under playfield lamp socket?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.