65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 203.
#251 9 years ago

I am looking for a Project Data East Jurassic Park if anyone has one for sale at a reasonable price.

Thanks

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I just bought a pair from Mantis, will see if I manage to connect them to my playfield, somehow

How did you get in touch with them? I emailed, but haven't gotten a response yet.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'm no expert, but I don't think yours are in the factory installed position. Yours is facing a different way and it's right next to the t-nut with the threaded rod coming through that it would have gone over and attached to with a nut, and there's a screw hole right on the bottom outer edge of the t-nut where the screw would go. If it works, it works. Wish mine had some when I paid a fortune for the game!

I agree that they don't seem to be facing the same direction, and I can see why this would be considered wrong. I would think they'd sit better in the channel if they were the other way. The t-nut you see there is being used by the lane guide screw, so unless that's a dual purpose screw, I don't think it's meant for this. Those screws are pretty small. Then again, perhaps that's why they always break off. FWIW, I think I'm actually missing that t-nut on the other side, and this may be why. Would love to see how everyone else's games are installed.

#254 9 years ago

Is it weird that every coil in my jurassic has been changed? Except for 2 flipper coils?

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Is it weird that every coil in my jurassic has been changed? Except for 2 flipper coils?

That is a little odd, yes.

If you do them all, why not the flipper coils too?

RM

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The t-nut you see there is being used by the lane guide screw, so unless that's a dual purpose screw, I don't think it's meant for this.

It think it is dual purpose based on that pic I linked to. That's my only evidence though, well and the fact that I seem to have empty screw holes right on the outside of both of those t-nuts on mine.

The mantis ones would still probably work in the stock position with the additional screws on the side. One of these days I'll make that investement. I haven't screwed up my game yet without them, back when I was blissfully ignorant that supports were supposed to be there!

#257 9 years ago

I haven't screwed up my game yet without them

lol. That's the stance I'm taking on the position of mine as well.

#258 9 years ago

It think it is dual purpose based on that pic I linked to. That's my only evidence though, well and the fact that I seem to have empty screw holes right on the outside of both of those t-nuts on mine.
The mantis ones would still probably work in the stock position with the additional screws on the side. One of these days I'll make that investement. I haven't screwed up my game yet without them, back when I was blissfully ignorant that supports were supposed to be there!

I just shopped my JP and my playfield supports were each connected using one of the screws from the in lanes that go through a T nut there was a nylock nut hold ing the support on the screw. There was a hex head wood screw in the other hole on each.

#259 9 years ago

I need to go play mine now

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

How did you get in touch with them? I emailed, but haven't gotten a response yet.

I sent an email to this adress, which is also their paypal adress:
[email protected]

#261 9 years ago

Thank you. That's the address I used.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I just shopped my JP and my playfield supports were each connected using one of the screws from the in lanes that go through a T nut there was a nylock nut hold ing the support on the screw. There was a hex head wood screw in the other hole on each.

Awesome, thanks!

#263 9 years ago

Hey guys when you are aligning your JP flippers, do you center the flipper on the playfield hole or line the hole up with the top or bottom of the flipper?

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from hiljak:

Hey guys when you are aligning your JP flippers, do you center the flipper on the playfield hole or line the hole up with the top or bottom of the flipper?

I set my flippers to have the tip point slightly above the hole in the playfield. I have no idea if that is correct, but it seems to look right.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from hiljak:

For DE games the center point of the flipper tip should point directly at the playfield hole.

For B/W games, the bottom edge of the flipper with rubber on should rest against a small toothpick or similar stuck in the playfield hole.

What is most important:

There is a continuous straight line of the lane guide onto the top flipper edge so the ball flows smoothly from one onto the other with no deflection or hop

There is a small amount (1/16" or so) of vertical up/down play in the flipper bat so it doesn't bind

Check out Vid's guide to repairing and rebuilding flippers

RussMyers

Post edited by RussMyers: forgot to add de detail

#266 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I set mine last night to be centered to the whole but just wanted to make sure. I've only had the machine for a few weeks and I've gotten used to the shots the way the fillers were adjusted (which was way off from the correct way). Now I'm having to re-learn all the shots so I figured I'd confirm that so this is the last time I have to learn the shots!

#267 9 years ago

I have a weird lighting issue. The top Spitter target of the left 3 standup targets is not lighting when hit or in sequence during attract mode. Having the same problem with the A. Both do light up. Any ideas?

#269 9 years ago

guys, question does the JP have a 110Volt service plug in the game?

I cant remember and mine is not close and I plan to hook up a sub over the holiday and need to make sure I have everything with me to make it happen.

thanx, B.

#270 9 years ago

Had to share... My 17 year old had friends over last night. Just went into the basement and even in the dark saw that it was a mess - cushions out, blankets strewn about, etc. Ignored that and flipped the power on JP. As usual, the T-Rex cracked the silence with it's roar. Well, I guess 1 or 2 of the friends must have slept over because instantly I saw at least one very confused head pop up from the sofa nearby. Sheepishly turned the machine right back off and went upstairs. Would rather be playing now rather than browsing pinside, but it did give me a laugh. Probably not the nicest way to be awoken after a late night.

#272 9 years ago

Anybody ever put a bill validator in this machine , I can't get either a down stacker or a upstacker to work , I have tried everything

Thanks

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from smoke:

guys, question does the JP have a 110Volt service plug in the game?

Mine does not

#274 9 years ago

Hi All,

My JP has a small issue. When the ball is kicked out, it hits the standup target just above the gate to the pop bumpers, causing the ball to deflect back to the playfield, instead of entering the pop bumper area, about 70% of the time.

Are there any suggestions for adjustments? The table is level with about a 6.5 degree slope.

TIA

#275 9 years ago

Check ball guide, center ball with plunger tip, rebuild plunge coil...in that order.

#276 9 years ago

eeeeeek

#277 9 years ago

I've never played a JP that launched the ball reliably into the pops 100% of the time. You can reduce it by adjusting the ball guide. Loosen the screw at the end of the ball guide, move it a little downward, tighten, then play test. You may move it too far down and the ball will hit the standup below the gate. Just keep playing around with it and you'll get better results.

I never actually considered that the ball may not be centered on the plunger tip as Pimp77 suggested. Possibly wear in the shooter lane causes that? I also seemed to think that it happened more frequently after a ball save or when kicking balls out for multiball. Possibly the game auto-plunges balls before they can properly settle into the shooter lane?

#278 9 years ago

Mine works 100%

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Mine works 100%

Mine used to.....

Quoted from Pimp77:

center ball with plunger tip

That was it. Somehow the plunger coil was shifted off center. I aligned it, and all is well again.

Thank you.

#280 9 years ago

When I first got my JP it would say "T-Rex got'em" after the match sequence. There was some discussion on RGP about what settings made it say that, and I don't recall anyone ever posting a solution to making this happen. After I changed my batteries a few years back, it stopped saying "T-Rex got'em" and would just say "How about another tour of the park". Despite me having written down the settings, I was never able to get it set to say "T-Rex got'em" after the match sequence.

I was putting everything together today after having torn down my machine to shop it, and I gave it some service credits (despite it being on free play) when I was in diagnostics. Now it is back to saying "T-Rex got'em" after the match sequence. Apparently that is the phrase to let you know it still has credits after a game has finished.

I thought I would post this in case others were as baffled as I was trying to figure this out.

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

When I first got my JP it would say "T-Rex got'em" after the match sequence. There was some discussion on RGP about what settings made it say that, and I don't recall anyone ever posting a solution to making this happen. After I changed my batteries a few years back, it stopped saying "T-Rex got'em" and would just say "How about another tour of the park". Despite me having written down the settings, I was never able to get it set to say "T-Rex got'em" after the match sequence.
I was putting everything together today after having torn down my machine to shop it, and I gave it some service credits (despite it being on free play) when I was in diagnostics. Now it is back to saying "T-Rex got'em" after the match sequence. Apparently that is the phrase to let you know it still has credits after a game has finished.
I thought I would post this in case others were as baffled as I was trying to figure this out.

When a match is not achieved, if there is no credits (or game is on Free Play) then game will play descending notes sound effect. If there are credits then game will play “Ohh, T-Rex got him” sound call.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

from ChadH, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules/page/5#post-1205749

Your current game will say "oooh T-Rex got him" during a failed match under a very specific circumstance.

If your game is NOT SET TO FREE PLAY... and if your game ends and you DO NOT MATCH... and if there is ONE OR MORE CREDITS in the game at the time. If those circumstances are met, then your game will say "oooh T-Rex got him".

Otherwise it will always play the descending notes sound effect.

#283 9 years ago

Thanks oopsallberrys! You said it better than I just said it... by quoting me.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

from ChadH, https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-rules/page/5#post-1205749
Your current game will say "oooh T-Rex got him" during a failed match under a very specific circumstance.
If your game is NOT SET TO FREE PLAY... and if your game ends and you DO NOT MATCH... and if there is ONE OR MORE CREDITS in the game at the time. If those circumstances are met, then your game will say "oooh T-Rex got him".
Otherwise it will always play the descending notes sound effect.

Not exactly. It will say "Oh, T-Rex got'em" if the game is set on free play if there is no match AND there are service credits on the machine.

#285 9 years ago

Cliffy puts a microswitch behind the coin return buttons on his pins so he can add credits for free without losing the extra sounds on pins

#286 9 years ago

That pic on Mantis' site isn't JP, is it? The pcb looks different.
Also, looking more at the one I posted, I think it's one nut and one screw. When I was looking at my pf, I noticed the only threaded rod sticking through that seemed long enough to do anything with from underneath was coming down through a t-nut. It might be one of the outlane guide posts or something coming down through the t-nuts on either side. That makes me think they might be pretty secure on JP, even with stock ones, but would maybe have to be removed when removing top-side hardware and got discarded at some point.

Edit: Just checked again and I'm pretty certain my assumption above is correct. I see screw holes by the t-nuts on either side. I forgot to note what component from the top side is coming down through the pf, though.

jp - support bracket.png 70 KB

So, I recieved the new DE brackets from Mantis and tried to find a place to connect them. Apparently there has been something fastened before, but it seems that they have been removed and the pf wood has started breaking up. Through the T-nut the screw going from the plastic beneath slingshot is supposed to go It seems.

This is how it looks on mine, anyone have any idea how to fasten the brackets with the current situation? Im afraid Ill start breaking the pf even more If I jam new screws in..

left_bracketside.jpgleft_bracketside.jpg right_bracketside.jpgright_bracketside.jpg
#287 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So, I recieved the new DE brackets from Mantis and tried to find a place to connect them. Apparently there has been something fastened before, but it seems that they have been removed and the pf wood has started breaking up. Through the T-nut the screw going from the plastic beneath slingshot is supposed to go It seems.
This is how it looks on mine, anyone have any idea how to fasten the brackets with the current situation? Im afraid Ill start breaking the pf even more If I jam new screws in..

left_bracketside.jpg 117 KB

right_bracketside.jpg 111 KB

The t-nuts are supposed to have long bolts coming down through them from the lane guide I think. Is the top-side not populated? Those would go in one hole on the bracket and then get a nut to hold in place. Your mangled holes are where the wood screw would go in the original bracket. You could use wood glue and toothpicks to build the holes back up and give the screws something to bite into. The Mantis ones allow two extra screws out to the sides, and I would think you should maybe pre-drill (don't go through the pf!) before driving new screws in.

#288 9 years ago

Is the top-side not populated?

Yes it usually is, I'm just semi-shopping my JP while waiting for circuit boards to be repaired (and your T-Rex to be fully born, hehe ), so thats why the lane guide screws arent there I have already ordered some quikwood for fixing the scoops before putting on cliffy, so mayhaps I can use the quikwood for the screw holes too, or glue and toothpicks as you mention. Sounds engineer-ish

Thanks for the input!

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

quikwood for fixing the scoops before putting on cliffy,

Who's got JP Cliffys?

#291 9 years ago

Ping Cliffy directly....

#292 9 years ago

Thanks

#293 9 years ago

Just ordered a set of those. $58.

#294 9 years ago

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've asked so I'm checking in once again to see if anyone has either a stripped JP playfield for sale (any condition) or the ability to provide high resolution scans of theirs. I would consider paying for the scan.

I am looking to completely rework the entire JP art package from top to bottom. Although I love the pin, I can't stand the pf line art, plastics etc... With Jim's new T-Rex, Chad's code update and adding a DMD Extender with large colour LCD/LED display to the backbox, it's time for the rest of the pin to match.

I have tried using the artwork from the visual pinball table. Angle is off and the quality is poor.

Having the scan would allow me to work on creating the new pf artwork but Ideally I would like to find a second pf so that I can sand one down (it or mine) to create a new bare wood scan to recreate the pf in CAD and complete the artwork in illustrator.

It is an ambitious project but I would like to proceed. If anyone is interested in assisting we could discuss the project.

Have a look at the LAH pf ticket that I've completed to get an idea of quality and commitment.

Thanks.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey Everyone,
It's been a while since I've asked so I'm checking in once again to see if anyone has either a stripped JP playfield for sale (any condition) or the ability to provide high resolution scans of theirs. I would consider paying for the scan.
I am looking to completely rework the entire JP art package from top to bottom. Although I love the pin, I can't stand the pf line art, plastics etc... With Jim's new T-Rex, Chad's code update and adding a DMD Extender with large colour LCD/LED display to the backbox, it's time for the rest of the pin to match.
I have tried using the artwork from the visual pinball table. Angle is off and the quality is poor.
Having the scan would allow me to work on creating the new pf artwork but Ideally I would like to find a second pf so that I can sand one down (it or mine) to create a new bare wood scan to recreate the pf in CAD and complete the artwork in illustrator.
It is an ambitious project but I would like to proceed. If anyone is interested in assisting we could discuss the project.
Have a look at the LAH pf ticket that I've completed to get an idea of quality and commitment.
Thanks.

I don't know if he still has it but arakissun had a pf listed for a while in his parts for sale thread.

You're already taking your game apart, right? Would it be more feasible for you to strip your existing pf down and scan it yourself? HP Scanjet 4600s (might be similar models, but don't know off-hand) can be had for relatively cheap and are perfect for scanning and stitching pfs.

#296 9 years ago

Thanks for providing his name Jim, I've just found the thread and sent an email. Yes the pf is almost stripped from the top but currently almost completely stock on the bottom. I'm not crazy about pulling everything off just yet to get the scan. A second pf would be ideal so that I could take care of everything first and then transfer everything over when it's time. This just might be the opportunity if it is still available, the prices continue to drop on unsold items so that would be even better!

1 week later
#297 9 years ago

A question regarding flippers on JP. I am going to do a flipper rebuild soon, but upon inspecting the current status of the flippers (they both are working), I saw something peculiar.

The following pictures is of each of the flipper-assemblies, and it seems that the EOS on the right side is...too short? When i move the flipper coil, the red ..thingy..does not touch the switch.
As opposed to the left side, where the red thingy touches the switch and moves it out.
But still, both were working fine before I started semi-shopping it.

Any have similar looks on their flippers, or any idea what this is good/not good for?

JP Right flipper EOS.jpgJP Right flipper EOS.jpg JP left flipper eos.jpgJP left flipper eos.jpg
#298 9 years ago

definitely looks like your eos switch leaf is broken. You could hold that flipper up?

#299 9 years ago

Yeah... Im wondering how :p although i guess doing a full flipper-rebuild is wise anyway.and i assume the left one is how its supposed to be?

#300 9 years ago

They will work fine, unless you have a ball screaming back to the flipper off of the raptor pit, then the flipper will drop and not re-flip unless you fix the EOS switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.