IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 203.
#2801 7 years ago

I was missing a couple of decals (one missing and one damaged) and just printed a replacement.

Thanks Rondogg for the scans!

bafore (resized).jpgbafore (resized).jpg

after (resized).jpgafter (resized).jpg

#2802 7 years ago

No problem. If anyone else needs a copy of the scan please PM me with your email address.

FYI, I am still searching for the plastic to the right of the upper flipper just above the vuk (the one with the dinosaur on the rock). Mine is still busted...

#2803 7 years ago
Quoted from shadem:

I was missing a couple of decals (one missing and one damaged) and just printed a replacement.
Thanks Rondogg for the scans!

What did you print the decals on (paper or vinyl)? Did you put mylar over the decal?

Gord

#2804 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

What did you print the decals on (paper or vinyl)? Did you put mylar over the decal?
Gord

I used glossy photo paper, then an adhesive transparent film (Cover Film for Books) to protect it and double side tape to attach it to the playfield.

#2805 7 years ago

Moving Raptor Crate mod in action.

Static Raptor Crate mod in action.

Both available for sale on www.timspinballmods.com

#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Moving Raptor Crate mod in action.
» YouTube video
Static Raptor Crate mod in action.
» YouTube video
Both available for sale on http://www.timspinballmods.com

Just placed an order for your moving gate mod. Great work! Contemplating the raptor crate one, but will need to see if I can make some room for it (currently I have trees and toy dinosaurs where this would go).

#2807 7 years ago

Can any one confirm this is the right bridge rectifier to replace the ones mounted inside the backbox (directly to the mounting board).

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/112-5000-00

The number checks out, I am just nervous about this replacement.

Thanks

#2808 7 years ago

Bump for an answer so I can place an order.

#2810 7 years ago

Beefier is good. Thanks!

#2811 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I did the code with Chad. He programmed, I more or less consulted.
All of the "new" animation was animation that was in the game that was just not used for whatever reason. The upcoming attractions code in particular was disabled at some point when DE was revising the ROMs. Chad simply reactivated it.
We did "change" the animation by replacing some of the numbers on Raptor Rampage, for instance, although from what I know of Color DMD, it would not affect how it works.
No matter what, I did just contact them and inquire about doing JP

Going back to this post, so the data(? probably the wrong term for it) required for a hobbyist to attempt a ColorDMD conversion of JP are only possessed by the ColorDMD people? I was talking with my brother-in-law about the ColorDMD in my Metallica and said the hobbyists are clamoring for someone to get it working on JP. He, being a huge fan of the game and possessing software data tinkering know-how (sorry, I'm not on his level to properly explain his credentials), said he'd like to take a shot at it.

#2812 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Going back to this post, so the data(? probably the wrong term for it) required for a hobbyist to attempt a ColorDMD conversion of JP are only possessed by the ColorDMD people? I was talking with my brother-in-law about the ColorDMD in my Metallica and said the hobbyists are clamoring for someone to get it working on JP. He, being a huge fan of the game and possessing software data tinkering know-how (sorry, I'm not on his level to properly explain his credentials), said he'd like to take a shot at it.

#2813 7 years ago

Hold your applause until he has pictures of it working and installed!

#2814 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This would be great, I'm software engineer myself and offered to colorize JP probably over a year ago. Was told they already had too many active projects. I hope he has better luck.

#2815 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This would be great, I'm software engineer myself and offered to colorize JP probably over a year ago. Was told they already had too many active projects. I hope he has better luck.

Hmm...well, he's probably not going to contact them. I think we were assuming there was a way to do it using a more "open-source" way. I guess if that were possible, it would've already been done (which it has, to an extent).

What I don't understand in my bit of forum searching on the topic:
Why is there not a more concise, newbie-friendly package as opposed to just a diy kit that kinda fits and sorta does the job?
What do they (ColorDMD) have that makes them the bottleneck in the process? Technology? Licensing?

Not trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just trying to understand why it all begins and ends with them saying they aren't taking on more projects. I mean, they had time for Popeye (yes it's Bally so that's easier), but no time to allow a someone to take a crack at JP?

#2816 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Hmm...well, he's probably not going to contact them. I think we were assuming there was a way to do it using a more "open-source" way. I guess if that were possible, it would've already been done (which it has, to an extent).
What I don't understand in my bit of forum searching on the topic:
Why is there not a more concise, newbie-friendly package as opposed to just a diy kit that kinda fits and sorta does the job?
What do they (ColorDMD) have that makes them the bottleneck in the process? Technology? Licensing?
Not trying to ruffle feathers, I'm just trying to understand why it all begins and ends with them saying they aren't taking on more projects. I mean, they had time for Popeye (yes it's Bally so that's easier), but no time to allow a someone to take a crack at JP?

I'm guessing they want to control the entire process and keep it proprietary for as long as possible. Can't really blame them since it is their business. Furthermore they want to control the QC process so all new product goes through the same testing before it's approved.

They are doing an amazing job. That being said, I would have no problem if someone emerged with their own proprietary solution and their own "color" dmd for sale. They don't have a patent on improvements or new ideas..

#2817 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Hold your applause until he has pictures of it working and installed!

Nope, I'm sending money now. Isn't that how the pinball buying aspect goes? Hear a vague idea, throw money at it and hope for the best.

#2818 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I really hope this isnt true. How do you turn down business? Theres at least 20-50 of us waiting VERY patiently while they keep pumping out garbage games. (Popeye, WPT, really?) They are sitting on $20k of sales here.

#2819 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I really hope this isnt true. How do you turn down business? Theres at least 20-50 of us waiting VERY patiently while they keep pumping out garbage games. (Popeye, WPT, really?) They are sitting on $20k of sales here.

They could already have someone working on it. There could be many reasons why not, I'm not trying to say anything negative about ColorDMD. I considered going the RGB DMD route and inquired about it but there seems to be multiple approaches and issues with the patent. Also not sure what hardware to buy or who from. My offer still stands today with anyone that is doing colorization I'll buy the hardware and will be happy to help out with software or colorization on JP.

#2820 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Nope, I'm sending money now. Isn't that how the pinball buying aspect goes? Hear a vague idea, throw money at it and hope for the best.

I'm in bizznazz! I'm rich! Send money today, buy buy, buy--now, now, now!

#2821 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm in bizznazz! I'm rich! Send money today, buy buy, buy--now, now, now!

is your last name poopaduke?

#2822 7 years ago

seriously,
i realy hope a color dmd for jp happens someday
jp realy deserves it!

#2823 7 years ago

As I previously did with the START button I had to create a customized one for the SMART Missile. Not to replace the original buttons because I don't have them, but to replace the horrible green buttons the previous owner used to replace the original ones.

missile (resized).jpgmissile (resized).jpg

startdef (resized).jpgstartdef (resized).jpg

#2824 7 years ago

Raptor Crate mod now also available in smaller version so it can mount above raptor kickback without blocking the view of the mosquito amber.

20161119_142707 (resized).jpg20161119_142707 (resized).jpg

#2825 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Raptor Crate mod now also available in smaller version so it can mount above raptor kickback without blocking the view of the mosquito amber.

Very nice dude! Love it!

#2826 7 years ago

Now that you've got this, it kinda seems like a missed opportunity that they could have designed the Raptor Kickback inside of a cage. Could have been cool to shoot the ball into the cage where you can't see the ball and if you rollover the switch, it kicks it back with some flashers going off inside.

Man. Wish building pinball wasn't so hard and time consuming, could build an awesome Jurassic Park v2 machine. Similar but better. Change some stuff up. Make the ramp/gate part of the modes, where you have to open the park. Similar to the Bank Vault in Monopoly. Get a goat mod that actually comes up from the playfield.

#2827 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Hi Tim,

Does this new smaller raptor version move or light up when the raptor pit (Danger Lamp) is active? BTW, it is a really nice looking JP mod.

Thanks.

Gord

#2828 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Tim,
Does this new smaller raptor version move or light up when the raptor pit (Danger Lamp) is active? BTW, it is a really nice looking JP mod.
Thanks.
Gord

No it doesn't. I figured since I already made a larger one that has a moving raptor and lights up and one that has a stationary raptor and lights up that the small version would come without lights. I can easily add lights that would flash everytime the raptor kickback is hit if you guys think it would make the mod better. It just takes more time and parts and adds a bit more cost. If I get enough interest I can add the lights.

#2830 7 years ago

By the way it can also mount straight on using the same mounting point. You can decide what angle you want it before you tighten the mounting nut down.

20161119_142551 (resized).jpg20161119_142551 (resized).jpg

#2831 7 years ago

I'm hoping a fellow pinsound owner can help,

I've just put a pinsound board in my JP and just cannot get it to work. I have one in my GnR and SW so am not new to them but just can't understand why the files won't convert with JP

I have the Jurassic park file and put that on a formatted (tried Fat32 and NFTS) memory stick (tried 3 different sticks including 2 new ones) and installed it in the game but no mater what I try it just says "there are on sound files on the usb drive" or something like that

Whatever combination I try it doesn't seem to like it.

Any help gratefully received

#2832 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

By the way it can also mount straight on using the same mounting point. You can decide what angle you want it before you tighten the mounting nut down.

God that's a beautiful rex! Wish I could get one :\

#2833 7 years ago

Has anybody found a replacement motor for the TREX online? Rather than having to order the complete assembly with gearbox for $300?

If so got a part # or link.

Thx

#2834 7 years ago

BLACK FRIDAY THROUGH CYBER MONDAY SALE!!!
(November 25th-28th)
- 10% Off all Orders *USE COUPON CODE: "BF10OFF"

- Free shipping on orders over $50

- Free T.I.L.T. Mods Basic Board F2S ($10.99 value) included with any order over $150 You don't need to add it to your cart. It will be included with your shipment.

- Don't forget to sign up for the Pinball Points Program to start saving money.

https://www.timspinballmods.com/

#2836 7 years ago

Hi All,
New to Pinside and didn't realize there was a JP specific group when I made my "help" post yesterday, I'd drop the link to the post here but since I'm a new member Pinside won't let me post links, even when they're internal to the site....

We've had our JP for a good 13 years, but it hasn't worked reliably for a good 7 years. In all honestly it was fear that we'd fried a board that kept me from digging in to figure out the problems we'd been seeing until about two weeks ago.

Thanks to some old posts here on Pinside I'm pretty sure that the PPB board is a key piece of the problems on the JP - but the coil that drives the Super VUK coil is fried as well - it was causing the f5 fuse on the PPB to blow in a pretty dramatic fashion. The coil is clearly the cause of that problem as the fuse stopped blowing when I removed the coil. I've got the coil and the diode to replace it - but we can't figure out how to disassemble the plunger bits on the existing coil and transfer them to the new coil.

And of course, having to frequently replace the F5 fuse in the course of troubleshooting wore out the F5 fuse holder on the PPB, so then the question is - replace the fuse holder (and the other two that are fatigued) or just say screw it and replace the entire board with one that is less than 23 years old...

Any help with the coil would be greatly appreciated because my next option is to take all the bits over to a local game room place and plead stupidity...

#2837 7 years ago
Quoted from mbabischkin:

Hi All,
New to Pinside and didn't realize there was a JP specific group when I made my "help" post yesterday, I'd drop the link to the post here but since I'm a new member Pinside won't let me post links, even when they're internal to the site....
We've had our JP for a good 13 years, but it hasn't worked reliably for a good 7 years. In all honestly it was fear that we'd fried a board that kept me from digging in to figure out the problems we'd been seeing until about two weeks ago.
Thanks to some old posts here on Pinside I'm pretty sure that the PPB board is a key piece of the problems on the JP - but the coil that drives the Super VUK coil is fried as well - it was causing the f5 fuse on the PPB to blow in a pretty dramatic fashion. The coil is clearly the cause of that problem as the fuse stopped blowing when I removed the coil. I've got the coil and the diode to replace it - but we can't figure out how to disassemble the plunger bits on the existing coil and transfer them to the new coil.
And of course, having to frequently replace the F5 fuse in the course of troubleshooting wore out the F5 fuse holder on the PPB, so then the question is - replace the fuse holder (and the other two that are fatigued) or just say screw it and replace the entire board with one that is less than 23 years old...
Any help with the coil would be greatly appreciated because my next option is to take all the bits over to a local game room place and plead stupidity...

Where are you located?

#2838 7 years ago

Outside of Cleveland OH...

BTW this is the remains of the coil...

IMG_0030 (resized).JPGIMG_0030 (resized).JPG

#2839 7 years ago
Quoted from mbabischkin:

BTW this is the remains of the coil...

The fuse should have blown before that happened. I accidentally put a larger fuse in, and my VUK locked on. Luckily, I was waiting for it with my finger over the power.

#2840 7 years ago

The first fuse might have blown before the coil went - but that was too late for the later fuses that went in while we tried to troubleshoot the issue...

Any idea how to disassemble the coil?

#2841 7 years ago
Quoted from mbabischkin:

The first fuse might have blown before the coil went - but that was too late for the later fuses that went in while we tried to troubleshoot the issue...
Any idea how to disassemble the coil?

There are I think 3 clips around the plunger that hold a pin in from the plunger to the ball catch. Take some needle-nose pliers to slide the clips until the pin can come out.

#2842 7 years ago

Better double check that transistor as well. Coils usually don't burn up on their own.

As for the PBB board. If you're decent at soldering it'd be much cheaper and easier to fix the board than buy new.

#2843 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

As for the PBB board. If you're decent at soldering it'd be much cheaper and easier to fix the board than buy new.

OR send it to John Wort, he does great work at a very reasonable price.

#2844 7 years ago

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

after finaly beating the high scores, on initial input (jor is mine) i slap the start button!

and now.... jos..... holds the highscore gddmmit!!

#2845 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

after finaly beating the high scores, on initial input (jor is mine) i slap the start button!
and now.... jos..... holds the highscore gddmmit!!

oh man... I think we've all been there. Sorry about that.

#2846 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

OR send it to John Wort, he does great work at a very reasonable price.

That is a viable option as well

#2847 7 years ago

I'm having a strange issue on my JP. Over the weekend my dad and I moved a few games around and rearranged the game room. We went to turn on the game this evening after the move and the raptor pit coil locks on immediately. We took the CPU board off and tested all the transistors, and they all checked out fine.

With the CPU board off we tested the game again, and the raptor pit coil still locks on. We were able to trace the wires via the schematic to J8 on the power supply board. We disconnected that and tested it, and the coil did NOT lock on. So I think we've at least figured out it's not on the CPU board, and instead on the power board.

What we are thinking (after further reading of the schematic) is that Q4 on the power board might be bad. Anyone know how to test that transistor? It's bigger than a normal transistor, TIP36C. I just checked it quickly to compare to the neighboring transistors and it tested similarly to the others.

We have not checked the coil itself. Could the diode on the coil fail and lead to it locking on like that?

Edit: I looked up how to test a TIP36C and Q3, Q4, and Q5 and they all tested bad. Q1 and Q2 tested as they should and seemed fine. Seems odd that three of those would go out simultaneously.

#2848 7 years ago

Morning bump since I posted this at about midnight last night.

#2849 7 years ago

I am having a problem with my JP that I am hoping somebody can help me with. Each night my son and I turn it on, play a few games, then leave it on until we go to bed--we both enjoy just having it on and hearing the occasional attraction music. We had played our couple of games and were watching TV when all the sudden the t-rex growling sound started to sound over and over again--almost sounded like a CD when it is skipping. It would skip/repeat a few times, then stop on its own. This would occur randomly, every couple of minutes or so and last for 10-15 seconds. It was the strangest thing because it had played perfectly 30 minutes prior and then all of the sudden just started making that sound. I played a game to see what would happen and it was clear that something was up with the sound. Even in the middle of gameplay the T-rex growing sound would occur randomly and affect the gameplay music.

Recent things we have done is add the Chad code chips but that was about 1 month ago and it is working fine after installation, added the gate mod by Tim's Pinball and also updated to LEDs.

Any ideas of where to start would be greatly appreciated.

#2850 7 years ago

Reset all of the cables.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.