IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 203.
#2751 7 years ago

Here is a list of all the changes for those who may have missed it...

http://www.pinballcode.com/jp6

#2752 7 years ago

i think the new code rocks!

things like the better skill shot
ball saver
not starting stampede but random
bug fixes in sounds
better score balance
etc this code isa must!

sure maybe someday 7.0 will be even better
but this rocks!

#2753 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

LOL, forgot you had thin skin. Ill make sure never to question you again sir.

His memory bank is getting very crowded, he recently reminded me that I'm in there too. Maybe we should form a support group.

#2754 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Free or not, I spent a lot of time on the old code and then installed this. I said I appreciated that it exists, but more could have been addressed, as it's largely the same. I can honestly say I don't think it makes the game any more fun than it already was.

I was intimately involved in it, so I will say yeah, you can go ahead and comment all that you want. Having said that, a few things...

First, we did not want to drastically change any part of the game, so yes it does seem rather similar from that point. The goal was to tweak things within the parameters of the original game to improve it, not to rewrite the code from scratch, while removing things that were not as good in a home environment, while being equally aware of how to potentially improve the game for ops. We spent a while, for instance, debating if we should change the replay requirements for the game based on the new rules.

To address your comments, I will tell you two things with our thinking, but before I do I will also simply say that I personally don't think the rules can really be improved upon, and if you do I'm sure many people would welcome another option. There was a lot of thought that went into this, and for what I want / expect out of the game, keeping it essentially the Jurassic Park that I fell in love with pinball with, the improvements we made are perfect.

For the new modes - there isn't space on the ROM to do anything else than what was done. There were a few small tweaks we had to give up to make it all fit as it was. If more significant changes were to happen, you would have to take out parts that are there currently and change them up, but there isn't room in the code to logically "add" anything. I suppose you could completely pull out a mode and redo it, but I think the modes are just fine.

As for the bonus, I went through my records and it was actually interesting because I stated to Chad that I didn't want to overly change it, and that I was sure the changes wouldn't appease people who wished for a larger bonus. There was no room in the ROM to add ramp shots or modes started to it, much less add completion as the game doesn't track what was "completed". To fit that in would have required a bunch of other stuff getting cut.

We did change the total that you can get, but removed the multiball element to it - your bonus increases by a larger point total for each switch that you hit (5000 additional points per hit), but it doesn't do this during multiball because a lot of people think the game is too skewed toward multiball as it is already, and I agree. The amount of things you can hit however does increase greatly, with the EOB bonus not maxing out until you reach 6 million points.

We didn't want to make just collecting the bonus itself into a huge part of the game, and so we limited it to 6mil * 9x bonus for 54million. That having been said, it is still very difficult to achieve that.

Having said all that, the other aspect of this was we had two Mr. DNA modes - one is "Hold Bonus" and one is "Max Bonus". We didn't want to let the bonus be 20M for instance and be able to Max it on one shot. A lot of things were actually worked backwards from Mr. DNA - the goal is each option gives you a risk / reward option. For Max Bonus, it gives you 6M. If you can hit the Advance Bonus X shots a few times, you can crank that up quickly.

There was a lot of thinking that went into this based on what we could do. It's not perfect for everyone, but we tried to do what made the most sense all around

#2755 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

For the new modes - there isn't space on the ROM to do anything else than what was done.

Noob question ahead ...

Would it be possible to use a larger sized rom? Or is that size baked into other parts of the way the pin works?

Say for the sake of argument you rethemed a pin and found that you needed to use a larger rom for your own code. Could you?

#2756 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Noob question ahead ...
Would it be possible to use a larger sized rom? Or is that size baked into other parts of the way the pin works?
Say for the sake of argument you rethemed a pin and found that you needed to use a larger rom for your own code. Could you?

Chad would know for sure, but I *believe* that the max size that the board will accept is the ROMs we were / the game code was using.

#2757 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

His memory bank is getting very crowded, he recently reminded me that I'm in there too. Maybe we should form a support group.

Dude, WTF? Do I need to remind everyone about WHY we had a beef to begin with? Thought we put this to bed/buried the hatchet?

The support group can start with you as its first member, RONDOG, let sleeping dogs lie.

#2758 7 years ago

I really don't care if you remind anyone. I had a MNF for $500. You said you were going to pick it up. Someone else showed up a day earlier and took it away. Sorry you missed out on an incredible deal. The person who bought it ended up doing something pretty incredible with it. You would have just flipped it anyway. Judging by the way you hold a grudge I am now pretty happy about the intuition I had all those many many years ago.

#2759 7 years ago

Could we talk about how the new code isn't so cool again, please? That's a better topic than this, methinks.

#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I really don't care if you remind anyone. I had a MNF for $500. You said you were going to pick it up. Someone else showed up a day earlier and took it away. Sorry you missed out on an incredible deal. The person who bought it ended up doing something pretty incredible with it. You would have just flipped it anyway. Judging by the way you hold a grudge I am now pretty happy about the intuition I had all those many many years ago.

You are truly unbelievable. You cried to me in a recent pm and we seemed to mutually mend the issues. I specifically told you it was ''all good'' now. But since your mouth has once again opened like a flood gate...

You only have half the story, so perhaps YOUR memory is too crowded. There is a big difference between holding a grudge and remembering someone that F'ed you over and didn't keep their word.

You had an ''incredible'' (apparently) MNF for $500 and I called you on the telephone to confirm I could pick it up. You verbally agreed and long standing pinsider Eabundy who lives near you, was set to pick it up. Do you remember what happened next? You sold it, what, about an hour later? for a higher offer out from under YOUR word and were SLAMMED in your fs thread for doing so by the community. You've got some balls, I love it. You act as though you have intuition into the situation of who I am, yet because you're biased, fail to recognize you are in fact the problem. It's nobody else. I never left pinside and my reputation speaks for itself. Your willingness to burn a bridge speaks volumes and you just chalk it up to ME having too good of a memory to let it go.
P.S, let me know when you decide to visit The Sanctum in CT. I know all the people that go there and run it, and I'd like the chance to discuss this further with you in person.

#2761 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

You are truly unbelievable. You cried to me in a recent pm and we seemed to mutually mend the issues. I specifically told you it was ''all good'' now. But since your mouth has once again opened like a flood gate...
You only have half the story, so perhaps YOUR memory is too crowded. There is a big difference between holding a grudge and remembering someone that F'ed you over and didn't keep their word.
You had an ''incredible'' (apparently) MNF for $500 and I called you on the telephone to confirm I could pick it up. You verbally agreed and long standing pinsider Eabundy who lives near you, was set to pick it up. Do you remember what happened next? You sold it, what, about an hour later? for a higher offer out from under YOUR word and were SLAMMED in your fs thread for doing so by the community. You've got some balls, I love it. You act as though you have intuition into the situation of who I am, yet because you're biased, fail to recognize you are in fact the problem. It's nobody else. I never left pinside and my reputation speaks for itself. Your willingness to burn a bridge speaks volumes and you just chalk it up to ME having too good of a memory to let it go.
P.S, let me know when you decide to visit The Sanctum in CT. I know all the people that go there and run it, and I'd like the chance to discuss this further with you in person.

Wow, now I'm thrilled I didn't sell it to you! In one thread you slam chads incredible (free) code, smack chitownpinball like a bitch and then threaten to confront me in public. Someone call a whaaambulance, Shackler has sand in his vag!

#2762 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Wow, now I'm thrilled I didn't sell it to you! In one thread you slam chads incredible (free) code, smack chitownpinball like a bitch and then threaten to confront me in public. Someone call a whaaambulance, Shackler has sand in hi vag!

You are a sensitive and immature person. I'm learning who you are and I'm beginning to think you're unstable or a keyboard commando (or both)

By expressing my personal disappointment is not a slam. After the coder explained it, makes more sense. You took it personally. Free has nothing to do with it.

That's not the first time you used the ''sand in the vag'' comment. The first time years ago, got you a moderator that warned you. It would be a shame if you were to get a thread eject out of your beloved JP club for the same language.

#2763 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Could we talk about how the new code isn't so cool again, please? That's a better topic than this, methinks.

Yes, if he can be quiet, I'm done.

Your code is okay, and the way the bonus is makes sense. I like that things were calculated carefully and you're right not to mess with the integrity of the game, explained it makes a lot more sense why it was adjusted the way it is.

Thanks

#2764 7 years ago

You are recounting individual posts from almost 4 years ago???? Either you are the Rainman or you are incredibly paranoid. Either way, just please stop stalking me and wanting to meet up with me in real life to do whatever it is you think you are going to do. I've already apologized to you but you can't seem to get over it. Seriously, just close whatever dossier you have on me and walk away like a man, or if not like a man at least like an adult. You're obviously very insecure about what happened 4 years ago, please get over it.

#2765 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You are recounting individual posts from almost 4 years ago???? Either you are the Rainman or you are incredibly paranoid.

Or...or I've dealt with hundreds of people in this hobby and would easily remember only one person saying something this stupid like a 5th grader on the playground.

Quoted from Rondogg:

Please get over it? Who drew first blood? Don't poke a snake if you don't like being bit.

#2766 7 years ago

I would just like to say the new code is awesome. I know people here hate the carugment but the new code basically changes a barn find classic car that still has a little life let in her to a fully restored hotrod. Same car but damn she is sweet ride again.

#2767 7 years ago

I also like the randomness of the skill shot, catches me off guard more than it should. Love the new code.

Chad and crew worked very hard on it and took a lot of input from JP owners at the time. We are all appreciative for it.

#2768 7 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I would just like to say the new code is awesome. I know people here hate the carugment but the new code basically changes a barn find classic car that still has a little life let in her to a fully restored hotrod. Same car but damn she is sweet ride again.

And that's the thing. This pin had been around for a looong time. People had been so used to bugs and the style it played with.

If a certain owners find they prefer that then nothing stopping you reverting to the older rom.

#2769 7 years ago

I love the new code , again thanks to Chad for the great effort and job well done! This sentiment goes toward my TFTC as well

#2770 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I love the new code , again thanks to Chad for the great effort and job well done! This sentiment goes toward my TFTC as well

I think that what we did (I also did TFTC with Chad) with Tales was actually a bigger deal than JP. TFTC went from a game I bought just to help do the code to a really solid player thanks to the ramp stuff we implemented.

JP went from a really solid player to a really solid player with a bit of extra polish

#2771 7 years ago

IMO ... Both underrated games ... Again thanks to all that helped improve them !

#2772 7 years ago

Okay guys please stop the negative back and forth from this point on. If you must discuss this further please do it via PM so this thread can get back on topic.

#2773 7 years ago

i love the new code, i'm hoping for a new lethal weapon code wrong topic i know

btw is there a link to a how to change to pinsound with the new music for jp somewhere?

#2774 7 years ago

Funny thing, after I installed the new code I was explaining to my dad that the first mode wouldn't be stampede, and that it is now a random mode. Wouldn't you freaking know it, the stampede mode was picked out of the random set. I had a bit of a panic because I wasn't sure the code was installed/working properly, but on the next game it was a different mode.

#2775 7 years ago

I had a similar experience with the skillshot.

#2777 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Check out my new raptor crate mod.
» YouTube video

wow!

#2778 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Awesome, want!

#2779 7 years ago

Sweeeet!
how much is it?

#2780 7 years ago

Wow that came out super sweet!

#2781 7 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

» YouTube video

Wow dude, you are nuts. Where do you plan to mount that? Above the raptor kick back?

Gonna take a guess and say thats gonna cost like $250 at least.

#2784 7 years ago

I actually never had any experience with the old code but judging by the patch notes everything seems great. Really digging CHAOS! call outs on every proper hit and the randomized mode at start, and the t-rex test skip and..well the patch notes say it all. If I had a complaint it would be very small in that I noticed with the skill shot that the left to right sweep the raptor does is much, much more random than when it sweeps right to left. In fact almost every time I wait for the right to left sweep as 98% percent of the time it's a guaranteed hit.

#2785 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

If I had a complaint it would be very small in that I noticed with the skill shot that the left to right sweep the raptor does is much, much more random than when it sweeps right to left.

That's because the video sequences that are played were the raptor doing both left to right and right to left actions together. The three options are:

Shot 1 - Raptor walks left and right without pause.
Shot 2 - Raptor walks left without pause, and pauses when coming back right.
Shot 3 - Raptor walks both directions with pauses.

The code cannot easily split up these animation sequences to make every pass random, so you always get one of those three. Because of this, the raptor will pause two of three times it comes from the left, but only one of three times it comes from the right.

In fact, the only time you can be certain what the Raptor will do is if he comes from the right and pauses, you can be CERTAIN he will come from the left and pause on the next pass.

It's not perfectly random, but I miss about 10% of the time now because I jump the gun and automatically assume it worked like it used to, and that's saying something good, I think

#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Sweeeet!
how much is it?

Still working out the final bill of materials but it will be between $150 and $175. Trying hard to keep it at $150.

#2787 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wow dude, you are nuts. Where do you plan to mount that? Above the raptor kick back?
Gonna take a guess and say thats gonna cost like $250 at least.

I plan to have it mount in the back right corner.

You're way off... Will be between $150 and $175. I designed it so there is way less labor than the gate mod so I could keep the price down.

I will also have a static version with the raptor and the light but no movement. This version will be much cheaper.

Per your request in the other thread I will also make a smaller version that will mount above the raptor pit.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! It makes the hard work worth it.

20161025_223035 (resized).jpg20161025_223035 (resized).jpg

#2788 7 years ago

Your machine is so sweet. The gate, raptor crate, T-Rex, light mods..... I'm drooling.

#2789 7 years ago

Just spitballing here but the raptor could be over the raptor pit and the mosquito could be moved to the right corner?

#2790 7 years ago

I like the way you think. The downfall with that would be the mosquito shot illuminating for the egg shot. I still think that would be worth exploring.

1 week later
#2791 7 years ago

Thanks to Endprodukt new sound package, here is an audio preview of his work:

#2792 7 years ago

Man...as if i didnt have enough shit i want to spend money on. Well done sir. Well done.

#2793 7 years ago

So far it's sounding really good. The tri-ball callout is on point! If the Chaos can be done in the same voice/tone it would be perfect. Speaking of which will this work with Chad's 6.0 code?

#2794 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Thanks to Endprodukt new sound package, here is an audio preview of his work:

Sounds good. With my headphone on, the only thing I noticed I'd fix is the L-R fade of the helicopter at the start of the game. That's the only time I notice Stereo sound in the game, and this version seems to be cut a few times and doesn't gracefully transition from L to R.

#2795 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Speaking of which will this work with Chad's 6.0 code?

It should work without any problem, if you want to give it a try:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=164

#2796 7 years ago

Wow I may second guess selling my JP. Now all we need is a color dmd

#2797 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Now all we need is a color dmd

Amen

#2799 7 years ago

Wow that sounds awesome, but I didn't know the price of the pinsound board was going to be $350! Seems on the expensive side to me.

#2800 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Wow that sounds awesome, but I didn't know the price of the pinsound board was going to be $350! Seems on the expensive side to me.

I haven't bought one yet but the price seems fair. You can sell your soundboard depending on the game/condition for a couple of hundred or just keep it and rotate the Pinsound board to other games as new downloads become available. Doesn't seem like a no-brainer but it's pretty easy to justify.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.