IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 203.
#2401 7 years ago

FYI, JP was never sold with orange slings

The orange ones were only on prototype / white wood machines

Some people started making the orange reproductions as a curiosity, but because NOS blue slings started getting hard to find folks started using the wrong color ones in their place.

#2402 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Stern owns the Data East rights, I doubt they would have approved crap-tastic plastics

Do they?

Quoted from BobC:

Folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought some of the wait for the 6.0 JP ROMs was review / approval by Stern?

More or less, yeah, you're wrong.

#2403 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

FYI, JP was never sold with orange slings
The orange ones were only on prototype / white wood machines
Some people started making the orange reproductions as a curiosity, but because NOS blue slings started getting hard to find folks started using the wrong color ones in their place.

Wrong. Both were on the original sheets. Blue is what the factory put on usually, orange was in the goodie bag as the replacement. Both are legit.

#2404 7 years ago

Yeah. Stern owns the rights for data east.

#2405 7 years ago

Just installed the 6.0 ROMs. It's like a new game. Anyone know where I can find the little horizontal decal in front of trex that always gets destroyed? I used to own a scanned .pdf of all the decals but that was 10 years ago and now I can't find it.

#2406 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Anyone know where I can find the little horizontal decal in front of trex that always gets destroyed? I used to own a scanned .pdf of all the decals but that was 10 years ago and now I can't find it.

D drive pictures/my pictures????

#2407 7 years ago

This is like 10 years and 4 laptops ago!

#2408 7 years ago

Where do you get the new ROM's?

#2409 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Anyone know where I can find the little horizontal decal in front of trex that always gets destroyed? I used to own a scanned .pdf of all the decals but that was 10 years ago and now I can't find it.

I don't have a scan, but what I did was use a decal for the bottom part (the wood around the saucer) and cut it down to fit the metal part in front of T-Rex (I put mylar over it to try and make it last longer). It you can get a scan of that decal (or even one of those decals, since they were in stock not too long ago) you might make something to work.

#2410 7 years ago

My T Rex went out for the summer!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2412 7 years ago

No one has a scan of the backsplash plastic with the dinosaurs and the scenery???

#2413 7 years ago

OK, crickets. Lets stir up some interest in this club...

So this sweet paddock sign...Ive been looking at that ugly stickered box thats tells you when to shoot the trex. I have been wondering WHY its on such a rediculous angle thats hard to read. Why didnt they put it over the lane? I am thinking maybe one of these signs would be sweet in place of that box, AND over the lane. You could mount the spot to the back of it. I would just route the light to the saucer then and when the saucer flashes I think it would be obvious enough to shoot the trex.

Thoughts?

625x465_4679673_577703_1459318944_(resized).jpg625x465_4679673_577703_1459318944_(resized).jpg

#2414 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So this sweet paddock sign...Ive been looking at that ugly stickered box thats tells you when to shoot the trex. I have been wondering WHY its on such a rediculous angle thats hard to read. Why didnt they put it over the lane? I am thinking maybe one of these signs would be sweet in place of that box, AND over the lane. You could mount the spot to the back of it. I would just route the light to the saucer then and when the saucer flashes I think it would be obvious enough to shoot the trex.
Thoughts?

I think the sign is great, but wonder about its quality in real life... I also think it would need a spotlight on it as it tends to be dark back there . I took that box off and added a jeep there, but yeah I would like to see this sign incorporated like you want to do.

-Jim

2016-04-02_14.13.00_(resized).jpg2016-04-02_14.13.00_(resized).jpg

2016-04-02_14.13.35_(resized).jpg2016-04-02_14.13.35_(resized).jpg

#2415 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Where do you get the new ROM's?

I went on ebay and sent a pm asking for the 6.0. Got it within 4 days. So much better. Now all I need is custom pinsound and a color dmd and this machine will be my casket.

#2416 7 years ago

OK, I found the scans of all the decals! It was on my work computer from 2006. I got it from a kind person on RGP back in the day - send me a pm and I will email you the jpg file.

#2417 7 years ago

PM sent for the scan hoping you can hook a brother up

Quoted from Rondogg:

OK, I found the scans of all the decals! It was on my work computer from 2006. I got it from a kind person on RGP back in the day - send me a pm and I will email you the jpg file.

#2418 7 years ago

Here is the scan. I cam email it to you the original jpg if you PM me your email address. Will email tonight when I get home from work.

Jurassic_Park_Decals_(1)_(resized).JPGJurassic_Park_Decals_(1)_(resized).JPG

#2419 7 years ago

Awesome pm sent to ya

#2420 7 years ago

OK, emails sent, if you haven't received check your spam. If you still haven't received let me know. If you still need one pm me.

#2421 7 years ago

Thanks for the scan!
Now I need to look into getting some of these printed.

#2422 7 years ago

Rondogg make a dropbox for the scans. If not send to me and I will.

PM sent with email.

Thanks

#2423 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

OK, emails sent, if you haven't received check your spam. If you still haven't received let me know. If you still need one pm me.

Thanks Rondogg! Got it, added to my google drive where my JP plastic scans reside. If anyone wants that link, pls PM me.

I'll be printing the Grass decal (near the TRex saucer) and "Install 6 Balls" decal early next week.

mark

#2424 7 years ago

Thanks for the scan!

#2425 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Thoughts?

Not sure about your proposed location, but this sign would for sure look better then the box with decals. Might be easy enough to wire up the bulb in place of the camera decal. That way the flasher could still be mounted behind it too. If you print them up, I'd be interested painting one to test out.

#2426 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:OK, crickets. Lets stir up some interest in this club...
Thoughts?

Looks great!

#2427 7 years ago

Hi guys

Can anyone please tell me

On the x-pin power supply, the 0,5 amp fuse what is all conected to this?

my dmd went out, but even when disconect red/black power conector for dmd
the 0,5 fuse blows on start up.

rest of pin seems to work good.

#2428 7 years ago

Not pinball related, but thought I'd mention that our local theater is showing Jurassic Park this Wednesday! Will be really cool to see it in the theater, again. Can't say it will be the first time since 1993 that I've seen it in the theater, since they came out with the 3D version a few years ago. But will still be awesome!

Goodrich Quality Theaters, if anyone has one of those around them. Looks like they're primarily in Indianapolis and Michigan with a few in a couple other states.

#2429 7 years ago

I would like the scan to, pleasse.
Patrick.

#2430 7 years ago
Quoted from gripacop:

I would like the scan to, pleasse.
Patrick.

pm me your email address

#2431 7 years ago

I have the decal in front of t-rex here if anybody needs it. It's sized right and if you have Photoshop I have the colors separated out into three layers so if your printer prints blue slightly different that mine did you can adjust each color to your liking.
JPG:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5125926/Pinball/Jurassic_Park_Decal.jpg
PS:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5125926/Pinball/Jurassic_Park_Decal.psd

-Jim

#2432 7 years ago

Picked this up Monday, needs a few bulbs replaced and a light cleaning. Don't mind the extant dinos so far.

1468698290020-1795622880_(resized).jpg1468698290020-1795622880_(resized).jpg

#2433 7 years ago

Having an issue , need some advice? While playing the main music stops but all other sounds work fine . When the ball is lost the scores are tallied and the music starts again. This seemingly is an intermitant problem.
Just wondering where I should begin to trouble shoot?
Thanks in advance for your help!

#2434 7 years ago

Try reseating the cables in the back box.

#2435 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Try reseating the cables in the back box.

I had the same issue with my DE LW3 and this was all it was, just a loose connector.

#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Here is the scan. I cam email it to you the original jpg if you PM me your email address. Will email tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks for posting this scan sheet of decals for JP. How would one go about getting this decal sheet printed as a decal sheet?

Is this something that a Fedex Office Print Center would be able to print as a decal sheet if I provide them the scan file on a USB drive? I will check with them as well as I would want something that is die-cut so that the decals are easy to apply.

Gord

#2437 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks for posting this scan sheet of decals for JP. How would one go about getting this decal sheet printed as a decal sheet?
Is this something that a Fedex Office Print Center would be able to print as a decal sheet if I provide them the scan file on a USB drive? I will check with them as well as I would want something that is die-cut so that the decals are easy to apply.
Gord

You could try to DIY with adhesive backed paper and probably a layer of mylar on top.

A Silhouette Cameo/Portrait could cut them. It's a fun device to own.

#2438 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Wrong. Both were on the original sheets. Blue is what the factory put on usually, orange was in the goodie bag as the replacement. Both are legit.

So as your slings broke you'd end up with mismatched colors? Sounds like more of a baddie bag than a goodie bag...

#2439 7 years ago

Wondering what you other owners think about removing the lights above the scoops. I'm experimenting with just lighting the scoops themselves.

Jurassic_Park_Scoops_(resized).jpgJurassic_Park_Scoops_(resized).jpg

#2440 7 years ago

That's pretty cool looking

#2441 7 years ago

I prefer the scoop mod by loop combo, pinside accidental, it's just perfect

#2442 7 years ago

Yeah the Loop Combo mod looks great. I figured I'd try this out first, but I might do both.

#2443 7 years ago

I tried to add scoop lighting with LED strips but could not find a good spot to locate. Inside the scoop, tucked into a corner of the mechanism under the playfield caused ball interference. Adding a strip along an exterior split in the scoop mechanisms under the playfield did not produce a great result. I abandoned the idea.

What approach are you using? I'd leave the topside lights as they are, but also add lighting below to augment. This would compliment the TRex saucer LED mod which looks awesome. My goal was to get a RED glowing from all below playfield openings - i.e., like LAVA.

#2444 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wondering what you other owners think about removing the lights above the scoops. I'm experimenting with just lighting the scoops themselves.

That looks good. I like that a lot better than the other scoop light mod imo.

#2445 7 years ago

I drilled two holes in the subway. What is shown are three LED bulbs. I was planning on the four surface mount LEDs, but these seemed to be better.

#2446 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I drilled two holes in the subway. What is shown are three LED bulbs. I was planning on the four surface mount LEDs, but these seemed to be better.

Ahh, good idea. You were brave to drill the scoop; glad to see it worked well! I may follow your lead.

#2447 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I was very tempted to add some lights down there that would be connected to the main top lights, and the only idea I could think of was to drill some holes for the lights to shine through. I still haven't done that yet because I didn't want to drill holes in that subway just yet.

It's a good idea, and would really let you know if it was time to shoot the scoop.

#2448 7 years ago

The loop combo scoop mod is by far the best solution. People who walk up to play the game that arent familiar are really helped by the icons. Are you going to light it with green AND yellow so it changes color based on what youre shooting for? That might be neat. Might even be neat to do the scoop AND the loop combo stuff....

#2449 7 years ago

I was a bit nervous, but I figured there really wasn't too much that could have gone wrong. Even with some holes in the side they would still be 100% functional and it's in a spot that you'd never see. It might be possible to do two colors, but I'm probably not going to try to squeeze in another hole. To me the "C", "A", and "S" shots are pretty easy to understand since they are also illuminated by playfield inserts. I'd rather just highlight the System Startup, Computer Screen, Park Revenue, and Mr. DNA.

Can someone do me a favor? In this process I think I switched some wires on the subway switches. Whenever I hit either scoop it acts like I'm hitting the right scoop. Could you please take a picture or describe the wiring of these switches. The ball still ejects fine so I'm not quite sure how they function.

#2450 7 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

My goal was to get a RED glowing from all below playfield openings - i.e., like LAVA.

Like this?

20150719_222349_(resized).jpg20150719_222349_(resized).jpg
20150719_222535_(resized).jpg20150719_222535_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/49?hl=rattmuscle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.