Topic Stats

• 7,581 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 minutes ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,807 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JP Gate.gif
IMG_3709.JPG
IMG_3708.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
4C5F7814-94C1-4047-BB53-58BD75EFB26B (resized).jpeg
C20DFB53-BAC1-45BA-B228-573FD06D5FF8 (resized).jpeg
Photo_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpg
IMG_3693 (resized).JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3692.JPG
IMG_3690.JPG
IMG_3691.JPG
20200325_154014 (resized).jpg
20200325_154043 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7581 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 152.
#2351 3 years ago

Was there only one set? I get taken back to the homepage when I click that link. The only thing I see are slings and the collar one doing a JP search.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Very nice! Can anyone vouch for the quality of these plastics? I have never ordered from this website.

I have ordered several items including plastics from Pinball Centre... They are a repro however my last batch was great quality!
I have already ordered the orange sling set

#2355 3 years ago

I'll be curious to read reviews on the quality of those reproduced plastics.

Are they screen printed? If not. I don't like having to pay as much or more than CPR charges for screen printed plastics, and CPR had JP plastics listed as acquired for a potential run at some point in the future.

Edit: That's not a full set. They don't have the blue slings, and am I correct that I'm not seeing the upper left corner plastic? That one's actually broken on my game so this set won't work for me if not included.

Here's a pic of what I think is the full set: http://mad-amusements.com/img/p/1378-1910-thickbox.jpg

#2356 3 years ago

I'm curious about the quality as well. I have ordered plastic sets from PinballCenter before and they were the worst piece of crap I've seen (Independence Day plastic set was bad enough that I actually couldn't use a single piece. Blurry, Wrong colors, Artwork was offset, Paint to thick so light didn't shine through as it should and some pieces didn't event fit as it should with holes placed at the wrong spots).

Hopefully these are better. I will not order this before one of you give it a good review. I don't really need them, but I like having spares if something breaks.

#2357 3 years ago

I will let you guys know!

#2358 3 years ago

Speaking of JP plastic sets. Saw what says to be a NOS set on ebay. First of this kind that I've seen. If I was doing a HEP-ish restore of mine, I'd consider the price.
ebay.com link » Nos Jp Jurassic Park Pinball Plastics

Also just checked out to see what else he has for sale, and he's got a NOS playfield as well for more than what I paid for my complete machine.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Speaking of JP plastic sets. Saw what says to be a NOS set on ebay. First of this kind that I've seen. If I was doing a HEP-ish restore of mine, I'd consider the price.
ebay.com link » Nos Jp Jurassic Park Pinball Plastics
Also just checked out to see what else he has for sale, and he's got a NOS playfield as well for more than what I paid for my complete machine.

I'm surprised that's still there. Maybe a year or more ago you'd see ebay bidding wars for incomplete used sets going for 500+, and I seem to recall an incomplete NOS set going crazy high. Weird, because back then I'd totally have dropped 350 on a NOS set, but don't think I care enough to pay that much at the moment. I guess I'm also a bit leary not knowing if it's an official set given that there was a repro set run by some company that gets put out there sometimes that some have said are inferior quality.

#2361 3 years ago

Those little signs are awesome! But where would you put them? Might look cool on each side of the topper?

#2362 3 years ago

Kinda wish we had access to the files to print our own. I tried printing the one "East Dock" sign on Thingyverse, but ran into problems with my settings on it, and need to try it again.

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Kinda wish we had access to the files to print our own. I tried printing the one "East Dock" sign on Thingyverse, but ran into problems with my settings on it, and need to try it again.

I couldn't get that thingiverse East Dock to print either... FYI, it may not be your machine. My list of "things to look at" is steadily growing but it was on the list to try and see if I could fix... Will post if I have any success.

-Jim

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Are they screen printed? If not. I don't like having to pay as much or more than CPR charges for screen printed plastics, and CPR had JP plastics listed as acquired for a potential run at some point in the future.
Edit: That's not a full set. They don't have the blue slings, and am I correct that I'm not seeing the upper left corner plastic? That one's actually broken on my game so this set won't work for me if not included.
Here's a pic of what I think is the full set: http://mad-amusements.com/img/p/1378-1910-thickbox.jpg

Hmmm... I just bought their set last night. They have been pretty good about communicating. I emailed them about those possible missing plastics and will let you know what they say.

#2365 3 years ago

Got my set today.

It is missing the upper right corner and comes with the orange slings.

First: These are NOT screen printed but I think they look really good. I wouldn't say perfect as you can't get the colors 100% right but I really really couldn't care less.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3okwx40u8e7gpbi/2016-06-25%2012.39.47.jpg?dl=0

Please keep in mind I made that picture through the glass. I don't know why the dot in the lower left is red on the repro. The yellow looks far more off than it does in reality.

I'm a shitty photographer but here is a closeup of the Raptor plastic in the back so you can get an idea of the quality:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/peqtvv4s5xzslia/2016-06-25%2013.43.05.jpg?dl=0

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Got my set today.
It is missing the upper right corner and comes with the orange slings.
First: These are NOT screen printed but I think they look really good. I wouldn't say perfect as you can't get the colors 100% right but I really really couldn't care less.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3okwx40u8e7gpbi/2016-06-25%2012.39.47.jpg?dl=0
Please keep in mind I made that picture through the glass. I don't know why the dot in the lower left is red on the repro. The yellow looks far more off than it does in reality.
I'm a shitty photographer but here is a closeup of the Raptor plastic in the back so you can get an idea of the quality:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/peqtvv4s5xzslia/2016-06-25%2013.43.05.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for sharing. How well does light shine through them?

It's disappointing that it's not a full set. I wonder why they left out the corner piece.

#2367 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing. How well does light shine through them?
It's disappointing that it's not a full set. I wonder why they left out the corner piece.

Me too. No logical reason to let it out. Maybe we can talk them into it before you guys overseas order.

Whish they'd put in the blue slingshots aswell. I didn't put them in yet so I can't say anything about the lightning but I feel like they are made solidly. I'll make a comparison.

#2368 3 years ago

Ok guys, have to be honest here... they don't look right with lights on.

I wanted them to be good. I had bad luck with prints made by Pinball Center and this is another one. They really should try and get this stuff right.

I really hope I can return the whole set as I took off the protective film of 4 plastics to show them to you

Original right sling: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mazg16k0t9t07lt/2016-06-25%2023.11.21.jpg?dl=0
Repro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2e1yre8zgnl1se/2016-06-25%2023.13.46.jpg?dl=0

The difference is much bigger in reality. Sorry guys.

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Well... that's sucks. Let us know how the return works out.

Hopefully CPR will release a set soon!

#2370 3 years ago

I still think they're an option for stuff that isn't lit and if your plastics are a complete mess.

#2371 3 years ago

"Fudge"! I just checked and those plastics are already shipped. $200 to the USA...
I guess I'll refuse delivery / ask for a refund.
Unless somebody here wants them at a discount from me?

I've gotten speaker panels and decals from them and they were fine.
I didn't expect crappy plastics : (

From what I've read about making your own plastics, it would have just been a matter of touching up the scans using a computer. Bummer.

BobC

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

"Fudge"! I just checked and those plastics are already shipped. $200 to the USA...
I guess I'll refuse delivery / ask for a refund.
Unless somebody here wants them at a discount from me?
I've gotten speaker panels and decals from them and they were fine.
I didn't expect crappy plastics : (
From what I've read about making your own plastics, it would have just been a matter of touching up the scans using a computer. Bummer.
BobC

Graphics are good that they used. It's the way they're printed.

#2373 3 years ago

Can anyone hook me up with a 6.0 rom?

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Graphics are good that they used. It's the way they're printed.

I guess I'll contact them and see if I can return them

: (

#2375 3 years ago

You didn't touch them do you have every right to return them. I hope they'll let me return them after removing some of the protective film.

#2376 3 years ago

It occurred to me that they're missing another peice: the dino collar - the peice that goes around the t-rex and moves with it.
A full set would need to have that as well, so at least 4 plastics are missing from the Pinball Center JP set.

That's a pretty high price they're asking for an incomplete set.

#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

You didn't touch them do you have every right to return them. I hope they'll let me return them after removing some of the protective film.

I don't see how you are supposed to know if they are good quality or match your existing plastics otherwise

You can always dispute the charges through paypal, your credit card company, bank etc...

Their web page did not say the set was incomplete or might not match original plastics due to a different printing process

Does anybody have experience with just not signing for a package sent via ups?
The shipping was expensive (39 euros)... I'd hate to pay double shipping to return it.
Doesn't ups just send it back to the shipper if i refuse to sign / refuse to accept the package?

Thanks!

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

You can always dispute the charges through paypal, your credit card company, bank etc...

It would be a jerk move, but you could dispute through PayPal as a forgery. I bet these aren't licensed, so you'd likely have a legitimate claim going that route, but I think you have to provide them photographic proof that you've destroyed them.

Quoted from BobC:

I don't see how you are supposed to know if they are good quality or match your existing plastics otherwise

A less nefarious method would be to contact the store and let them know your concerns and that you don't want to have to pay for return shipping. Their site clearly says "Reproduction, Top Quality!" in the description, so their claim is that they are high quality, which is subjective. I think you'd have a claim based on quality alone if you don't agree that they're "top quality". If the seller won't eat return shipping costs, you might be able to raise that concern with PayPal or Credit Card company, etc.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I wanted them to be good. I had bad luck with prints made by Pinball Center and this is another one. They really should try and get this stuff right.
I really hope I can return the whole set as I took off the protective film of 4 plastics to show them to you
Original right sling: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mazg16k0t9t07lt/2016-06-25%2023.11.21.jpg?dl=0
Repro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2e1yre8zgnl1se/2016-06-25%2023.13.46.jpg?dl=0
The difference is much bigger in reality. Sorry guys.

Reminds me of the replacement DW slings I bought a few years ago. Can't remember where I got them from but although I was disappointed with the quality I was happy to have *something* to replace my broken ones. They had much more washed out colours than the originals and not very good when backlit. It's because of the inferior digital print method printing directly on transparent acrylic. I've tried machines that can do this for my mods and I wasn't satisfied with any of them with regard to print resolution or colour depth. Backlighting exacerbates these flaws.

#2380 3 years ago

They will take them back immediately. They said they've talked to the print factory and they said a thicker coat of the white layer could help. I think they'll just get darker - it's simply not the same as screened prints.

I'm just as disapointed as you. I asked if they are going to sell them as single plastics because I'd love to have the shooter lane plastic because mine is broken. Nope. Well...

#2381 3 years ago

Any ideas or recommendations for protecting the T-Rex saucer? Not the plastic saucer that is screwed in from the bottom, but the routed wood area around it. The left edge is starting to wear on mine. I was thinking about taping around it and spraying it with some triple thick to protect that area. Any thoughts, good or bad?

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Any ideas or recommendations for protecting the T-Rex saucer? Not the plastic saucer that is screwed in from the bottom, but the routed wood area around it. The left edge is starting to wear on mine. I was thinking about taping around it and spraying it with some triple thick to protect that area. Any thoughts, good or bad?

Clearcoat or mylar.

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:It would be a jerk move, but you could dispute through PayPal as a forgery. I bet these aren't licensed, so you'd likely have a legitimate claim going that route, but I think you have to provide them photographic proof that you've destroyed them.

A less nefarious method would be to contact the store and let them know your concerns and that you don't want to have to pay for return shipping. Their site clearly says "Reproduction, Top Quality!" in the description, so their claim is that they are high quality, which is subjective. I think you'd have a claim based on quality alone if you don't agree that they're "top quality". If the seller won't eat return shipping costs, you might be able to raise that concern with PayPal or Credit Card company, etc.

Hopefully it'll work out where I don't lose too much money. Only the shipping one way = $43 US : (

Atleast they agreed to let me return it. I once bought an expensive eagle topper from bestofpinball.de for JD. It was a horribly thin flimsey and badly done shell that litterally must had also been somebody's first experience with a can of spray paint. Those folks flat out refused to let me return the item. I ended up sending photos of the POS to my credit card company...

Pinballcompany has been really nice in the past and even gave me a free item (!), with the only issue being language barriers on both sides.

I'm fairly certain that if I refuse to accept the delivery / sign for it that UPS will return it to the vendor at no additional charge to either of us?

I'll ask them if that's what I should do.

Thanks!

Bob C

#2384 3 years ago

Where are yall getting your blade decals? I have seen a couple version of the same horizon design. Which is the best?

#2386 3 years ago

Cant find them any where. His site doesnt work and wont let me add them to the cart.

Also, what happened to the guy making the sticker decals for the rails and lockdown bar?

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Cant find them any where. His site doesnt work and wont let me add them to the cart.
Also, what happened to the guy making the sticker decals for the rails and lockdown bar?

I know you don't like having "derpy" stuff in your game, so why consider decals that have cheezy dino silhouettes and the same tree cut and paste all over it? The sunset hills don't even go with the image running along the back of the pf, which is isn't a sunset scene.

#2388 3 years ago

I know you don't like having "derpy" stuff in your game, so why consider decals that have cheezy dino silhouettes and the same tree cut and paste all over it? The sunset hills don't even go with the image running along the back of the pf, which is isn't a sunset scene.

well crap man! what else is there? some one needs to make something nice ASAP! lol.

Im hoping to have my JP opened up this week or next to get some much needed tlc done to it. got my t2 done finally, JP is next.

#2389 3 years ago

For what it's worth pinballcenter has Congo blades that would look good on JP

But then again they still want me to pay expensive shipping both ways ($43 each way) if I return their = missing 4 pieces, improperly printed / will not match originals, and bootleg JP plastics "set"...

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

For what it's worth pinballcenter has Congo blades that would look good on JP
But then again they still want me to pay expensive shipping both ways ($43 each way) if I return their = missing 4 pieces, improperly printed / will not match originals, and bootleg JP plastics "set"...

I doubt they are bootleged. What makes you think that?

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I doubt they are bootleged. What makes you think that?

If they don't have an official license.

#2392 3 years ago

Seriously though, may need to ask Tilt graphics to make some blades that match the back splash decal.

#2393 3 years ago

OK, so I guess Tilt already has another set. Im not sure I love these either. I really want it to tie together with that decal and also include things from the movie. The electric fence, the power shed, the hillside with the stampede, all of these would really tie the game together over a generic jungle scene dont you think?

#2394 3 years ago

Any one happen to have a high res pic or scan of that back decal/plastic?

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

If they don't have an official license.

Stern owns the Data East rights, I doubt they would have approved crap-tastic plastics

Anyways, the box has arrived and I'll look at them and decide how to proceed

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Stern owns the Data East rights, I doubt they would have approved crap-tastic plastics
Anyways, the box has arrived and I'll look at them and decide how to proceed

Judging by what is sold as "licensed" I don't think the copyright owners care too much about quality (wms and stern).

Also we have pretty strict copyright laws in Germany. Selling copyrighted material without license could pretty much mean closing your shop.

Also, i got offered to talk to Stern about a production run of plastics. As long as money flows, they don't care too much I'd say.

#2397 3 years ago

Trying to fix a reset issue that has come up and I read over the causes outlined in the JP resetting section here:

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#reset

Before I read through that, it seemed like one of the grounding braids in the back box was coming loose and instantly causing my reset issue. Looking closer at the wingnut that is holding the grounding braid, I see that the metal tab it is connected to floats--it isn't secured to the bottom of the back box. Is that how it's supposed to be? The pictures are of the wingnut/grounding braid/metal tab connection on both sides.

I haven't had this issue before and it doesn't seem to happen during multiball, which was one instance where the site linked above mentioned. Usually, I can play one full game and it resets at "Welcome to Jurassic Park" at the start of game #2.

20160701_190554_(resized).jpg

20160701_190609_(resized).jpg

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:Judging by what is sold as "licensed" I don't think the copyright owners care too much about quality (wms and stern).
Also we have pretty strict copyright laws in Germany. Selling copyrighted material without license could pretty much mean closing your shop.
Also, i got offered to talk to Stern about a production run of plastics. As long as money flows, they don't care too much I'd say.

The Bally / Williams items made or approved by Planetary, the aftermarket parts for various brands of pins you can buy on Marco, or PBR Gottlieb products tend to be very good quality in my opinion. Not not to mention places like CPR, or the folks (I can't remember who is now the official people) who make repro B/W ramps tend to do outstanding jobs too. Maybe we just have a confusion about what licensed means?

I do believe Stern does care about quality. Folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought some of the wait for the 6.0 JP ROMs was review / approval by Stern?

#2399 3 years ago

I just watched the movie "Hooked" and noticed the action of the giant dead crocodile falling over and "eating" Captain Hook seemed to be very much like the way the trex eats balls on JP. Made me wonder if that's where the inspiration for the trex mechanics came from...

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

The Bally / Williams items made or approved by Planetary, the aftermarket parts for various brands of pins you can buy on Marco, or PBR Gottlieb products tend to be very good quality in my opinion. Not not to mention places like CPR, or the folks (I can't remember who is now the official people) who make repro B/W ramps tend to do outstanding jobs too. Maybe we just have a confusion about what licensed means?
I do believe Stern does care about quality. Folks can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought some of the wait for the 6.0 JP ROMs was review / approval by Stern?

I had shitty licensed WMS apron decals, translites, plastics, cabinet decals, ramps and others.

Stern quality: Cabinet decals falling off, ghosting inserts, fixes by the community for stuff that simply fails to work, code... the list goes on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Top-Notch Target Shields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 7581 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside