IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 203.
#2151 7 years ago

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Any plans to use the "welcome to jurassic park" from the movie for the beginning of a game?

VERY VERY cool. Still so jelly of your side rails and lock down bar. Really digging the blade decals too.

#2152 7 years ago

Looks like one of the nicest JP's around, that's for sure. Sounds were awesome! Some of the music seems to be a little too soothing for the parts where it was used, but I know it's a work in progress. It's just soo jarring hearing all of that after being so used to the regular sounds.

#2153 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
Any plans to use the "welcome to jurassic park" from the movie for the beginning of a game?
VERY VERY cool. Still so jelly of your side rails and lock down bar. Really digging the blade decals too.

Hey dude, thanks. Of course that line IS in there. You just heared one of 5 or 6 different options If you later want to only have that line, you simply delete all the other files in that folder.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Looks like one of the nicest JP's around, that's for sure. Sounds were awesome! Some of the music seems to be a little too soothing for the parts where it was used, but I know it's a work in progress. It's just soo jarring hearing all of that after being so used to the regular sounds.

Nah, it's not as nice in real life, believe me. The guy who did the decals didn't really care too much about doing it right. Most plastics have a crack.

About the music: It won't change. Why? Well... welcome to John Williams work for JP. I DID take the fastest pieces of the OST from the First movies. It's really really slow in general. I never had such problems finding good parts of the OST to use with the Pin, but this one wasn't as easy. There isn't that much soundtrack actually and the whole thing is rather slow. Also, I did try to use music for the pins modes that are actually connected to the movies - not an easy task. Also, I didn't use music from the others movies - this is a JP1 pin, the only JP that should atually exist as a movie.

#2154 7 years ago

My first question was going to be about "Welcome to Jurassic Park", too. It's so iconic. Same with the "Ian, Freeze!" which didn't appear to be used.

But hearing the OST music is awesome, dinosaur sounds and helicopters swooping around. Though I didn't get that far into the video to see, I guess we'll now benefit from high fidelity "you didn't say the magic word!?!" (one of my favourite call outs for the machine, when you hit the scoop but it's not lit).

#2155 7 years ago

All the original samples are in there. The original game has a very low count of voice samples. I tripled that with samples that fit the situation.

#2156 7 years ago

Thanks again for your work with this. Keep posting, my JP is looking forward the upgrade.

#2157 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

First preview of my reorchestration....please excuse my bad playing!
» YouTube video

Sounds amazing! Great work

#2158 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'd guess trex up or down switch needs adjustment or replacement.

Reporting back to note the solution was adjusting the leaf on the up switch. After messing around in the trex diagnostics I noticed the up switch would kick in very late. I bent the leaf to be more aggressive and register earlier. Problem solved!

#2159 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Holy crap that sounds great!
Can't wait for the release

Nicely done.

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

About the music: It won't change. Why? Well... welcome to John Williams work for JP. I DID take the fastest pieces of the OST from the First movies. It's really really slow in general. I never had such problems finding good parts of the OST to use with the Pin, but this one wasn't as easy. There isn't that much soundtrack actually and the whole thing is rather slow. Also, I did try to use music for the pins modes that are actually connected to the movies - not an easy task. Also, I didn't use music from the others movies - this is a JP1 pin, the only JP that should atually exist as a movie.

I did watch the whole video, but forgive me if I missed it. Maybe for the raptor multiballs you use the shrieking music/sound from the part where he hunts the raptor and she runs to the power shed? Pretty chaotic music.

#2161 7 years ago

Feel free to replace everything as you whish.

#2162 7 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Very nice, when do you think you will have the package ready? Will you post in the thread when it is ready to download?

#2163 7 years ago

Everyone who has a board can hit me up for the files. I will need a picture of your board + username. Would like some help for final touches.

#2164 7 years ago

Any updates on the plastics sets?

#2165 7 years ago

Finally, 2 1/2 years after rejoining the club, with a $900 project machine, I have a 100% playable Jurassic Park. The only thing not fixed is the left right motor on the T-Rex. I'm not even sure I want it fixed. I'll try to post some pictures soon, but for now I'm just enjoying finally playing the updated code from ChadH. Thank you for your dedication to improving this already great machine.

#2166 7 years ago

I joined the club last night! The guy I bought mine from had done a handful of mods already, including the operational gate. I'm making a trip to Toys R Us tonight to source some new dinos!

#2167 7 years ago

As you are sourcing mods I'd highly suggest adding these palm trees. I sharpened a paperclip to give it a sharp point and inserted it though 1" of the trunks. They can then be twisted onto any of the screws on the playfield.

http://www.amazon.com/14pcs-50-1-9-inch-Coconut/dp/B00BXYYVFM/ref=sr_1_1

I also added these dinosaur toys:

http://www.amazon.com/Papo-55023-Velociraptor/dp/B0036MDNNU/ref=sr_1_9

http://www.amazon.com/Papo-55006-Pteranodon/dp/B000GL1BHO/ref=sr_1_16

43d0cf29acba09091ff15027cccfe8bbfe52d24f_(resized).jpg43d0cf29acba09091ff15027cccfe8bbfe52d24f_(resized).jpg

#2168 7 years ago

At times I'll also add this goat to my machine.

8a7487b03f44000cb19b2a76ba9fe41e29b981c4_(resized).jpg8a7487b03f44000cb19b2a76ba9fe41e29b981c4_(resized).jpg
aeb47e9061db1ca63c3064f805a9f217ac791485_(resized).jpgaeb47e9061db1ca63c3064f805a9f217ac791485_(resized).jpg

#2169 7 years ago

OK, so I went to power on my machine today and the DMD is not working. I tried re-seating the connectors, verified power is getting to the display and board. Fuses all look good nd nothing else looks burned up or anything of the sort on any of the boards. Everything else works fine on the machine. Any suggestions? I was away all week so it's the first time it got turned on in like 7 days.

#2170 7 years ago

Did it boot into attract mode otherwise?

#2171 7 years ago

Yeah, everything else seems to work just fine.

#2172 7 years ago

Check voltages at the DMD pins. My JP DMD was out; turned out to be a cracked diode in the HV section of the power supply board. $0.05 part, 10 minute fix.

Hope it's as easy for you!

#2173 7 years ago

Thanks I'll check

#2174 7 years ago

Ugh... No luck.

#2175 7 years ago

Next simple test: Check the connector seating, then orientation of pin 1 of the ribbon cable at both ends.

#2176 7 years ago

Got my dinos in!! Toys R Us had a 2 pack with a raptor and t-rex on sale. As a childless man, I was taken by how expensive these German toys(Schliech) can be. All in all cost about $15 for the toys and steel wire. Now to find a ceramic white ball for the egg!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

Got my dinos in!! Toys R Us had a 2 pack with a raptor and t-rex on sale. As a childless man, I was taken by how expensive these German toys(Schliech) can be. All in all cost about $15 for the toys and steel wire. Now to find a ceramic white ball for the egg!

PAPO's are more movie accurate than Schleich.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000KO7QK8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0036MDNNU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Pteranodons weren't in JP1, but since they put some in the pin, these are modeled after the ones in JP3.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000GL1BHO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

#2178 7 years ago

Tried a Dmd from another machine, new ribbon cable. Still nothing. I noticed when i boot up the machine it now plays the "those raptors are clever" call out during the TRex test. ??

#2179 7 years ago

Quick question: Can someone please confirm the wiring on your upper right flipper coil. 090-5030-0T... Black/Yellow on the bottom lug "silver diode end facing. Then 2 orange/purple on the top lug. Confused by the diagram in my manual, so need a real life reference. Be greatly appreciated, I am on a stand still till I can confirm my wiring was correct.

#2180 7 years ago

In general, I believe the Diode band should be closer to the power cable, which is the thicker wire. Sorry, I don't have access to my machine right now. But there may already be some photo posts showing you want you need in this thread.

But yeah, play it safe and don't power up your machine until you know for sure. I made that mistake. Created a lot of board-work for myself.

#2181 7 years ago

Here is the upper flipper on my JP. The band on the diode is pointing DOWN in this image.

5-16-2016_9-13-56_AM_(resized).png5-16-2016_9-13-56_AM_(resized).png

#2182 7 years ago

Correct, the band of the diode will point towards the hot side of the coil. But please don't power up until you're absolutely sure.

#2183 7 years ago

Thanks everyone odd that mine has an -OT and not -00 but I think they are the same coil. The new OT that I have had the wrong diode a 3k Rather than a 4004 and the diode was in the wrong direction.

Sounds like my coil, wiring and new diode should be ok. As mentioned from another pinsider the culprit is possibly on my flipper board. This board has about 6 different previous repairs. Aka, looks like Frankenstein.

#2184 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

A much needed "mod" , well at least for me!

transprtr4u, can you share details on where you got the rails for your JP? Servicing it is always frustrating, and if I don't keep lifting weights, this will be me:

#2185 7 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

For the ceramic ball for the egg, I picked one up from Marco a few years ago. Looks like they are out now, but I'd be surprised if someone else isn't selling them. Here's the link at Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9809

#2186 7 years ago

PiperPinball, those green powder coated habitrails look great! Any recommendations on someone who does those, or did you do them yourself? Thanks!

#2187 7 years ago
Quoted from cfc0d3r:

transprtr4u, can you share details on where you got the rails for your JP

Got them from Marco .... Get the smaller set ... They are for Stern games however install and work completely perfect!

#2189 7 years ago
Quoted from cfc0d3r:

For the ceramic ball for the egg, I picked one up from Marco a few years ago. Looks like they are out now, but I'd be surprised if someone else isn't selling them. Here's the link at Marco: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9809

Mezel Mods has one that will work. I picked one up at the Chicago Expo last year. The Pearl White one is just that. White. Doesn't glow in the dark. Haven't tried under blacklight. But looks like a white egg ball. It works and is only $15. You can see a slight seam around the circumference, but being that it's a captive ball, you don't notice it, and is perfectly fine.

http://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-glo-balls?variant=3011160260

#2190 7 years ago
Quoted from cfc0d3r:

For the ceramic ball for the egg, I picked one up from Marco a few years ago.

Quoted from woody24:

Mezel Mods has one that will work.

AWWWW YEEAAAAAA!!! Thanks for the suggestions. And thanks woody24, I've ordered one!

#2191 7 years ago

I had been wanting a ceramic ball, but the $50 cost was a bit steep for a captive ball. I just ordered the $15 version from Mezel Mods. Thank you for the link.

#2192 7 years ago

That would be them ! Also worked in my TFTC and nightmare on elm street!
When done you will love lifting the playfield!
Regards

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

That would be them ! Also worked in my TFTC and nightmare on elm street!
When done you will love lifting the playfield!
Regards

Just ordered a set of these! Thanks!

#2194 7 years ago

Having since gotten my JP and rebuilding the flippers I've been putting a ton of plays on this pin. I have the latest code v6.00 and I've noticed at the skill shot the raptor doesn't randomize his "return" pattern at all. The initial left to right pass is random but I've noticed the raptor always goes right to left without stopping. Anybody else notice this?

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Having since gotten my JP and rebuilding the flippers I've been putting a ton of plays on this pin. I have the latest code v6.00 and I've noticed at the skill shot the raptor doesn't randomize his "return" pattern at all. The initial left to right pass is random but I've noticed the raptor always goes right to left without stopping. Anybody else notice this?

It stops rarely. It does happen though.

#2196 7 years ago

I've put roughly 25 games on mine since last week and it's happened once. So it does happen, just not too often apparently.

#2197 7 years ago

Question for the masses...

I'm looking to do some LEDs in my JP that I recently purchased. I've seen a lot of talk in this thread about LEDs, but I was wondering about complete LED kits from places like Marco or Cointaker. Has anyone done a complete kit? Is it better to just buy a set order and replaces specific ones? Are people doing any color LEDs instead of condoms?

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Also, are non-ghosting LEDs worth it for JP?

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

It should stop 33% of the time. There were three animations - don't stop both, only stop first, stop both. Each time the dino walks back and forth, that's one animation, so the only time it'll ever stop on the way back is if animation #3 is played.

#2199 7 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

are non-ghosting LEDs worth it for JP?

I did mine in full warm-white from Cointaker, and I don't see any ghosting issues at all. What I do see, and bothers me more is light spillover from other lights into other inserts. Had to fix those. Others seem to have a problem with ghosting lights, but I've never noticed it. If it does happen, it's not bright enough to see with all the other GI lights on.

#2200 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Had to fix those.

What was your fix? Did you attempt to position the lamps up into the inserts more?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.