Topic Stats

• 7,426 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Darscot
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,757 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3476.JPG
IMG_3475.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
77A714A2-CABB-417C-B1EB-527CF83FAEDA (resized).png
IMG_3421 (resized).JPG
IMG_3420 (resized).JPG
Jurassic Park 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_3406.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG
CDDDA849-28D0-42C5-882F-205072E48765.png

Topic index (key posts)

57 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7426 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 149.
#2051 3 years ago

Spent a little time on JP tonite:

> Warm-white frosted LEDs in the backbox, blinker LEDs in the bottom 2 rows

> Warm-white non-ghosting LEDs in all the inserts

> Retained & refreshed all the incandescents in the GI

> Red super bright LED in the TRex saucer

> Warm-white, frosted LED strip, dimmed to ~50% brightness to illuminate the banner and dark backplate.

The game feels brand new! Nice and bright, vivid colors, not harsh. Very much keeping the warm incandescent glow on the playfield! Very happy with this result!

Notes:

On the LED strips, I simply zip-tied them to a ~20in piece of hobby wood strip, velcro'd to the top of the cabinet behind the banner, routed the wires thru to the backbox via a dimmer, then clipped to the backlight GI w/alligator clips. I am quite happy with the color temperature of the warm-white strip and the somewhat less harsh effect from the frosted filter. Prior tests with bright white, amber LEDs, even adding a yellow gel did not produce as nice a result as this.

All LEDs and strip came from Comet.

3-31-2016_9-17-32_PM.png

#2052 3 years ago

Wow! You succeeded in a look I have not seen before!
Very Creative, and a game lit that generates movement and engaging lighting!

#2053 3 years ago

Incandescents are awesome for GI. They fade, no hotspots, they have excellent side spread, they don't flicker, they don't break like LEDs, they're cheap, and require no modification to your game to get things looking good. I just wish the sockets were removable from the bottom.

#2054 3 years ago

Sorry, just one more. Loving it! The white and blue inserts are just so vivid, not quite conveyed in the photo.

3-31-2016_10-44-56_PM.png

#2055 3 years ago

Is that Ice Blue you used?

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Sorry, just one more. Loving it! The white and blue inserts are just so vivid, not quite conveyed in the photo.

3-31-2016_10-44-56_PM.png

I went with a darker blue on mine and changed the two-ball inserts to purple to differentiate the white modes. Went with a lighter blue on the other blue mode to differentiate that too. Kept GI incandescent. Looks similar to yours actually.

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

If anyone cares:
I'm waiting on Pinsound to step in to fix something in the firmware before I can show off something. I'm pretty far with the mix and it is a lot of fun. (I think)
I really hope you guys will like it as much.

Looking forward to it

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is that Ice Blue you used?

I sampled several color matching LEDs in the inserts. I ended up using the supreme brightness warm-white, non-ghosting, frosted bulbs in all the inserts. I prefer this result - colored LEDs did not add much and might have produced a somewhat less vivid result than white in the inserts.

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I prefer this result - colored LEDs did not add much and might have produced a somewhat less vivid result than white in the inserts.

Same here. I wasn't a fan of color matching inserts.

Love the mix of everything. I should have stayed with incandescents for my GI's, but went warm white throughout mine, because I didn't want to have to worry about bulbs burning out too soon.

#2060 3 years ago

Welcome....to Derp Park. Lol, still cant get over that new Trex. I think it looks WORSE.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Welcome....to Derp Park. Lol, still cant get over that new Trex. I think it looks WORSE.

Chinatownpinball, Your comments indicate jealously. However, we appricate your feedback.

#2063 3 years ago

LOL, I AM jealous of your powdered wire forms that is certainly true. I am NOT however jealous of your Trex. Especially considering I have the ultimate upgrade in my possession.

#2064 3 years ago

I have a set of cabinet decals for JP if anyone is interested. They are the good ones from a limited run by Phoenix Arcade. I have an ad in the marketplace for them.

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from hawk370:

I have an ad in the marketplace for them.

Maybe talk about it there?

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I got all mine from comet pinball. I went the natural white frosted.
This is with the pop light rings (love them) on.
DSC05221.JPG
This is with pop lights off.(sorry a little blurry)
DSC05225.JPG

I think I like this one most as I'm very close to ordering LEDs but can't make up my mind...I like how the white light lets the natural colors of the game pop vs forcing it with colored LEDs. Do you recall exactly what kind of comet frosted natural white LEDs you used? They have single LED, double LED, double comfort LED and I think even more options. Thanks!

#2067 3 years ago

Sunlight single SMD look just like incandescent bulbs, just a hair brighter. Buy in bulk & use them in the back box & GI.

#2068 3 years ago

Hello,

I have some problems with my T-Rex head center switch. When the head turns left the switch activates when the head is corretly centered, but when it turns right the switch activates too soon. So it is not correctly centered when the Rex eats the ball.

Is there any way to adjust the center switch? I don't see how.

edit: I've been watching some youtube videos and it seems this happens in many JP pinballs.

#2069 3 years ago

Have you run the switch test in the Diagnostics? You may have to remove the head & re-center it.

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Have you run the switch test in the Diagnostics? You may have to remove the head & re-center it.

Yes I run the tests and switches are OK. It just seems that the center switch is not exactly in the center. I dont see any way to re-center it.

rexi_(resized).jpg

rexi2_(resized).jpg

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from shadem:

Yes I run the tests and switches are OK. It just seems that the center switch is not exactly in the center. I dont see any way to re-center it.
rexi_(resized).jpg
rexi2_(resized).jpg

Not sure on adjusting, but there's a bit of a range in the center where that switch is activated. It tends to be a factor of which side it approaches from. Your pic doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

#2072 3 years ago

Just listed my very nice JP in case anyone is interested in So. Cal

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Not sure on adjusting, but there's a bit of a range in the center where that switch is activated. It tends to be a factor of which side it approaches from. Your pic doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Yes, watching videos of other JPs they seem to do the same thing. I'm maybe too perfectionist.

Important thing is that T-Rex is working and eating balls.

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I think I like this one most as I'm very close to ordering LEDs but can't make up my mind...I like how the white light lets the natural colors of the game pop vs forcing it with colored LEDs. Do you recall exactly what kind of comet frosted natural white LEDs you used? They have single LED, double LED, double comfort LED and I think even more options. Thanks!

This is what I used.
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8mm-led.htm

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from shadem:

I dont see any way to re-center it.

You have pull the head out of the gearbox & re-center it. That's what I had to do & it works fine now. Hope you have time & patients.

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

You have pull the head out of the gearbox & re-center it. That's what I had to do & it works fine now. Hope you have time & patients.

Ok, thanks. I will try something easyer before . I just ordered a couple of microswitches (don't want to break mine without having a replacement). I think I can enlarge the holes without breaking the microswitch so I can move it a bit to the right or maybe modify the lever.
Will see what I can do when I receive them.

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Did you get those blades from http://www.arcadeskin.com/ ? I've tried to contact them a few times over the course of a year trying to get an answer on a set they have but no avail.

#2078 3 years ago

Who can 3D print in this club? We need a fence mod ASAP. Thats one thing I am really surprised about, is that there are no fence references in the plastics or playfield toys. Id REALLY like a broken fence around the trex. Maybe some one can print the fence posts with the light and siren and then you could use guitar string for the cables? Any input?

#2079 3 years ago

Who can 3D print in this club? We need a fence mod ASAP. Thats one thing I am really surprised about, is that there are no fence references in the plastics or playfield toys. Id REALLY like a broken fence around the trex. Maybe some one can print the fence posts with the light and siren and then you could use guitar string for the cables? Any input?

I'd like to see something like that. It's something I want to eventually make for mine, but "eventually" keeps getting further and further away.

#2080 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'd like to see something like that. It's something I want to eventually make for mine, but "eventually" keeps getting further and further away.

Eventually describes my pinball hobby at the moment so I feel you. Been looking at pics of the fence to see if I could make it without a 3D printer.

#2082 3 years ago

Newman!

image_(resized).jpeg

#2083 3 years ago

Newman!

image_(resized).jpeg

That is simultaneously both the worst and the best mod I've ever seen.

#2084 3 years ago

It actually looks like it goes with his drawn hotdog fingers.

#2085 3 years ago

Omg put a led in the head like Homer in TSPP

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

It actually looks like it goes with his drawn hotdog fingers.

New member of the club. Never noticed his fingers. Haha, man! Those are terribad!

jppinball_(resized).jpg

#2087 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the J9 fuse on the ppb board protects? Can't find anything about it. Thanks.

Also, what is its amperage supposed to be?

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkslide632:

New member of the club. Never noticed his fingers. Haha, man! Those are terribad!

Welcome. New member, and you've already got the TRex.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Right? I noticed too. I wondered when we would see our first machine sell with it.

#2090 3 years ago

Got my gate mod on and changed out the color led's with sunlight whites. I liked the colored leds for GIs but only for looks, the whites make it alot easier to play

20160408_160837_(resized).jpg

#2091 3 years ago

Right? I noticed too. I wondered when we would see our first machine sell with it.

It's not my place to say what anyone should do with their game, but not sure why you'd buy the upgrade if JP isn't a keeper. Makes no difference to me, though, I guess. As few as I've been able to sell to date, it's a pretty exclusive club.

#2092 3 years ago

We need a fence mod ASAP.

I considered this awhile back using EL wire ... and thats about as far as I got. Now that I have a 3D printer I may need to revisit the idea ... once I figure out how to use this thing!

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Yeah. He's way better in person than in pictures I've seen. So good!

#2094 3 years ago

That upgraded Trex is the best mod out there period! Watching with great hope that they will be reproduced ....
Fingers crossed , very lucky to get a game with it already installed!
Very envious
"I have spared no expense" on my JP , just waiting for the upgraded Rexy!

#2095 3 years ago

Newman!

image_(resized).jpeg

This is the kind of cheese I can get behind. Hilarious.

Seriously though, are you going for the derpiest JP ever? Are there googley eyes on your translite?

#2096 3 years ago

I am sorry to say I have now left the club as an owner.. was not easy, but after suddenly winning pinballraffle and upgrading to a premium walking dead (plus vat into Norway) and then suddenly got the chance to buy a barely used GoT for a good price, something had to give :/

It was fun while it lasted!

#2097 3 years ago

Does anyone have/know where I can buy the sticker that sticks to the playfield under the T-Rex (the green one with leafs)? Or a good scan/photo so I can make my own? It seems to be missing on a lot of machines, including mine.

#2098 3 years ago

Has the Jurassic Park reproduction plastics set come out yet? My husband wants one and I want to surprise him.

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from Csue:

My husband wants one and I want to surprise him.

I think you'd surprise us all.

The only thing that's become available are clear protectors to go under your current plastic.

Quoted from Gondar:

Does anyone have/know where I can buy the sticker that sticks to the playfield under the T-Rex (the green one with leafs)? Or a good scan/photo so I can make my own? It seems to be missing on a lot of machines, including mine.

Don't think that sticker is available anywhere I've seen. I did see one place had one that goes on the "Shoot TRex" light box. But all of mine on that box were fine. I noticed mine must have been peeling up, or damaged enough, because it looks like someone took an exacto and cut the edge off.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think you'd surprise us all.
The only thing that's become available are clear protectors to go under your current plastic.

@Endprodukt (guy doing Pinsound mix for JP) said he had some good news re: plastics, which he'd share soon ... hope that means one of the German repro makers is going to do a run.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Suamico, WI
Machine - For Sale
Gap, PA
There are 7426 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 149.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside