Topic Stats

• 7,418 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,751 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

77A714A2-CABB-417C-B1EB-527CF83FAEDA (resized).png
IMG_3421 (resized).JPG
IMG_3420 (resized).JPG
Jurassic Park 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_3406.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG
CDDDA849-28D0-42C5-882F-205072E48765.png
JP_RightPlastic (resized).png
5831E7B9-CA96-4132-A036-326C7D667759 (resized).jpeg
CN2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200208_125257 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_202810 (resized).jpg
6922fe10c9ff164ec35923bc28a882171a5c40d7 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

57 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7418 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 149.
#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - FYI. Selling some plastics on the marketplace if interested....

If anyone has a raptor pit plastic they are willing to sell message me please!

#2004 3 years ago

If anyone has an upgraded T-Rex plastic set they bought and never installed please contact me. My JP has a Trex that a previous owner butchered the lower jaw on and then glued the factory jaw plastic to the metal. I have a new metal jaw bracket but would love to be able to replace this entire thing for my son's dinosaur theme birthday on May 10th, his present is the JP.
PM me if you can help.
Thanks!

#2005 3 years ago

There is a bug in the "limit extra ball" setting. If you adjust the extra ball limit below three (the factory setting) the game will appear to award you additional extra balls though they will not actually be added to the count. I played a game that was set to two EB max and got a third extra ball that had no effect. I adjusted the game back to the factory setting since this isn't fair.

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

There is a bug in the "limit extra ball" setting. If you adjust the extra ball limit below three (the factory setting) the game will appear to award you additional extra balls though they will not actually be added to the count. I played a game that was set to two EB max and got a third extra ball that had no effect. I adjusted the game back to the factory setting since this isn't fair.

Which code? Factory code or ChadH's updated 6.00 code?

RussM

#2010 3 years ago

Chad's v6.00.

#2011 3 years ago

Sorry for the multiple posts - some weird crap was going in my browser

RussM

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Chad's v6.00.

Did you PM him about it?

RM

#2013 3 years ago

Figured he would see it here. To be honest it's not a big deal, just don't change the factory EB limit if you're running v6.00 on location.

#2014 3 years ago

Seems like I may have noticed that as well at one point. A friend was playing, and heard the callout, and was trying to figure out what he was doing to earn the extra ball.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

If I recall correctly, if you've reached the extra ball limit and then you go to collect another, instead of getting an extra ball, the game will give you 10 Million.

So.. for example... if your game is set to a maximum of 2 extra balls and while you are playing.. you lite Extra Ball via the mode. You collect it. Now later on you pass the Replay award (and your award is set to Extra Ball). At this point you've collected 2 extra balls which is the limit. But then later in your game you pass the "20 ramp shots threshold" which will lite the Extra Ball lamp. Now when you make the Dock shot to collect it, instead of giving you an extra ball, you are awarded 10 Million.

The limit doesn't prevent Extra Ball from being lit... but it will prevent you from going over the limit and gives 10M in its place.

I think this is how it's always been and isn't new behavior in 6.00.

If someone want to test this... please do.

#2016 3 years ago

Quick question: At the top of the left out and inlane is there a metal post? I noticed there's a small pilot hole there and on the top of my right out/inlane there is a metal post (no rubber).

I double checked the manual for rubbers pg. 34 and noticed there should be a 3/16" ID rubber at the tops of each out/inlanes as well. Thanks!

#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If I recall correctly, if you've reached the extra ball limit and then you go to collect another, instead of getting an extra ball, the game will give you 10 Million.
So.. for example... if your game is set to a maximum of 2 extra balls and while you are playing.. you lite Extra Ball via the mode. You collect it. Now later on you pass the Replay award (and your award is set to Extra Ball). At this point you've collected 2 extra balls which is the limit. But then later in your game you pass the "20 ramp shots threshold" which will lite the Extra Ball lamp. Now when you make the Dock shot to collect it, instead of giving you an extra ball, you are awarded 10 Million.
The limit doesn't prevent Extra Ball from being lit... but it will prevent you from going over the limit and gives 10M in its place.
I think this is how it's always been and isn't new behavior in 6.00.
If someone want to test this... please do.

I'm not sure that's exactly the issue here. My friend was playing, so I wasn't exactly paying attention to all that he was doing, but knew that the Extra ball sound seemed out of place. He was having a good game I remember, and he had already gotten the lit extra ball, and the replay extra ball. He's never been a good enough, and accurate enough shot to do the ramp that many times. I tried to find an explanation to it, but couldn't see where that Extra ball came from. But, I'm not 100% sure, he may have gotten that extra ball. Or we may have forgotten how many he should have had, since I know he got the lit extra ball, and the replay value extra ball on the same ball.

Not saying there is a bug, and maybe it should have been a legit extra ball, but just know there's been at least one time I couldn't explain where the extra ball tone came from.

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Quick question: At the top of the left out and inlane is there a metal post? I noticed there's a small pilot hole there and on the top of my right out/inlane there is a metal post (no rubber).
I double checked the manual for rubbers pg. 34 and noticed there should be a 3/16" ID rubber at the tops of each out/inlanes as well. Thanks!

There's nothing there on stock machines. Something that was planned, but not installed. The rubber list has a few incorrect callouts. Like the rubber that goes in front of the TRex.

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'm not sure that's exactly the issue here. My friend was playing, so I wasn't exactly paying attention to all that he was doing, but knew that the Extra ball sound seemed out of place. He was having a good game I remember, and he had already gotten the lit extra ball, and the replay extra ball. He's never been a good enough, and accurate enough shot to do the ramp that many times. I tried to find an explanation to it, but couldn't see where that Extra ball came from. But, I'm not 100% sure, he may have gotten that extra ball. Or we may have forgotten how many he should have had, since I know he got the lit extra ball, and the replay value extra ball on the same ball.
Not saying there is a bug, and maybe it should have been a legit extra ball, but just know there's been at least one time I couldn't explain where the extra ball tone came from.

Could have been the Egg shot. That will lite extra ball on the third hit if extra ball percentage achieved is low.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

This is a separate discussion, we're talking about what happens when you are "awarded" an extra ball beyond the extra ball limit set in the adjustments. I have never noticed any extra balls out of place though. I was assuming this was a bug that was present in the original code that wasn't seen/fixed in v6.00 but I didn't realize the player gets points instead of the additional EB. That makes complete sense as I didn't notice my score had changed. Still, I don't want to mislead good players so I set it back to 3 on this particular game. Evidently I've never gotten 4 extra balls which is why I recently noticed it after bringing the limit down a peg.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

There's nothing there on stock machines. Something that was planned, but not installed. The rubber list has a few incorrect callouts. Like the rubber that goes in front of the TRex.

Good to know, thanks! For the metal post on the right out/inlane is there supposed to be a rubber or is it a plain metal post?

#2022 3 years ago

I have my EBs off. They still light like they are supposed to, it just awards 10m.

Normal operation.

#2023 3 years ago

I'm finally back into the club.. great (underrated) game!
Found a nice original JP that had been in home use/storage for the last 16 years.
It even still had the gold data east decal on the playfield glass.

#2024 3 years ago

New owner of a JP machine, it does not have the backbox key, any ideas? Thanks

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from mpcnj121:

Get a security bit and unscrew the whole plate.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=965

#2026 3 years ago

Nevermind

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Good to know, thanks! For the metal post on the right out/inlane is there supposed to be a rubber or is it a plain metal post?

I've got one on mine. But noticed in my service counts, my left out lanes get about 4 times more drains than the right one. Seems a bit unballanced. So no rubber may be the way to go to keep it fair.

#2028 3 years ago

Seriously considering upgrading to Flipper Fidelity speakers. I have a Polk subwoofer which helped a lot. I know there's been discussion before about if it's worth upgrading, but wasnt ready to drop another $150 in it. Now I kinda am. But wold hate it if I didn't notice any difference with it.

Yay or nay?

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from mpcnj121:

Get a 5/16" Allen wrench. Don't take off the lock.

#2030 3 years ago

Mine was missing the backbox key too... Loosened the two screws and I'm in.
Noticed that the lock cam was riveted to the lock? Mostly this is secured with a philips screw or a nut.

I have spare locks but afraid that the screw or nut on the back of the lock will be too long compared to the original total lenght of the lock and will so grind into the wood.

Any insight in this type of data east lock?

ps: correct leg length = 28 1/2 inch?

Starting from what title did this change @ Data East/Sega?

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Seriously considering upgrading to Flipper Fidelity speakers. I have a Polk subwoofer which helped a lot. I know there's been discussion before about if it's worth upgrading, but wasnt ready to drop another $150 in it. Now I kinda am. But wold hate it if I didn't notice any difference with it.
Yay or nay?

I have nothing against Flipper Fidelity or their products but I personally find there are a lot of good, quality lower cost speakers available. I thought over making a purchase from Flipper Fidelity as my PotO needed new speakers I ended up just grabbing a set of car audio speakers and they were a huge upgrade at significantly less price.

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have nothing against Flipper Fidelity or their products but I personally find there are a lot of good, quality lower cost speakers available. I thought over making a purchase from Flipper Fidelity as my PotO needed new speakers I ended up just grabbing a set of car audio speakers and they were a huge upgrade at significantly less price.

Did you do a 1 to 1 swap or did you have to do some re-engineering? I just don't want to think about it. I just want to drop in something that will work. Last year I had a heck of a time trying to upgrade my Laser War speakers. Couldn't really find anything the same physical size and same ohms or whatever. I did some research last year, and saw that there was a lot to think about with them. End result was about the same quality of sound as stock ones.

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dont you need their board too? How did this all work? Got a write up?

#2034 3 years ago

My PotO the speakers were 4x10 or some other such weird size. I found a set online, sure they are chinese manufactured but they claimed to have lots of power and are a modern speaker, compared to the foam rotted ones that where in it they sound amazing. Just the change in tech from the 20 year old original speakers is a huge upgrade. The speakers in it where your standard one sound speaker the new ones are at least 3ways. I have a polk audio sub as well. Just a straight swap is all I did.

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

Get a 5/16" Allen wrench. Don't take off the lock.

What are you supposed to do with the Allen?

#2036 3 years ago

It's needed to operate the backbox coffin lock.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's needed to operate the backbox coffin lock.

image_(resized).jpeg

How does that help get access to the boards though?

#2038 3 years ago

Dang it I meant to say the allen nuts holding the backbox lock in.

#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Dang it I meant to say the allen nuts holding the backbox lock in.

Not mine. Mine has security torx.

#2040 3 years ago

I just had the strangest thing happen! I was playing raptor two-ball with smart missile, tri-ball, control room, and Mr. DNA lit. I used the smart missile right when the second ball drained. This starts tri-ball, super egg mania, and Mr. DNA. However, all of these modes started stepping all over each other. First of all Mr. DNA appears on screen briefly with the super egg mania music playing, then the screen goes back to SEM. I last shot the ball into the control room scoop when I used the smart missile. The ball does not eject from the bunker and tri-ball does not start until I blindly select a Mr. DNA award. Then everything else starts as normal, but there's more.

Multiball starts with the SEM music playing and "tri-ball ready" on the display. And eventually SEM doesn't end until I end multiball, meaning I could have simply went for the egg as long as I had 3 balls in play! I got a (shaky) video that shows what was going on. I just think the same routine that ends multiball also ends super egg mania and other modes so instead of ending via the timer, it ends via draining the balls. Never seen anything like this and I'm not saying it's because of Chad's code, I'm sure it's just a race condition I timed just right. I was almost getting into system failure/switch 28 territory, that was friggin' nuts!!

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I just had the strangest thing happen!

Me too!

just have to click on the direct link tab to the left....

ezgif.com-resize.gif.gif

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I just had the strangest thing happen! I was playing raptor two-ball with smart missile, tri-ball, control room, and Mr. DNA lit. I used the smart missile right when the second ball drained. This starts tri-ball, super egg mania, and Mr. DNA. However, all of these modes started stepping all over each other. First of all Mr. DNA appears on screen briefly with the super egg mania music playing, then the screen goes back to SEM. I last shot the ball into the control room scoop when I used the smart missile. The ball does not eject from the bunker and tri-ball does not start until I blindly select a Mr. DNA award. Then everything else starts as normal, but there's more.
Multiball starts with the SEM music playing and "tri-ball ready" on the display. And eventually SEM doesn't end until I end multiball, meaning I could have simply went for the egg as long as I had 3 balls in play! I got a (shaky) video that shows what was going on. I just think the same routine that ends multiball also ends super egg mania and other modes so instead of ending via the timer, it ends via draining the balls. Never seen anything like this and I'm not saying it's because of Chad's code, I'm sure it's just a race condition I timed just right. I was almost getting into system failure/switch 28 territory, that was friggin' nuts!!
» YouTube video

The Smart Missile had to be hell for the programmers because of stuff like this!

#2044 3 years ago

I misunderstood. It was late & beerz were involved. sheesh.

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I misunderstood. It was late & beerz were involved. sheesh.

Drinking and Pinsiding can be dangerous, now give me my thumbs-up back.

#2046 3 years ago

If anyone cares:

I'm waiting on Pinsound to step in to fix something in the firmware before I can show off something. I'm pretty far with the mix and it is a lot of fun. (I think)

I really hope you guys will like it as much.

#2047 3 years ago

SWEEEEET! More shit to spend my money on!!!

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

If anyone cares:
I'm waiting on Pinsound to step in to fix something in the firmware before I can show off something. I'm pretty far with the mix and it is a lot of fun. (I think)

Can't wait to see/hear your results!

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

If anyone cares:

I'm looking forward to your mix and the new stereo speaker kits they will soon start selling ..

#2050 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 7418 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 149.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside