IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 203.
#1951 8 years ago

Can you show exactly what you did, maybe a tutorial?

#1952 8 years ago

If you're going with an LCD, I'd recommend going with DMD Extender or SmartDMD since they are cheaper and allow for custom color palettes.

I've had DMD Extender in my JP for a while now.

Also RGB LED panels are now available that fit exactly in place of the DMD without requiring alteration. There are a few threads here talking about them and a few people selling solutions.

#1953 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'd you're going with an LCD, I'd recommend going with DMD Extender or SmartDMD since they are cheaper and allow for custom color palettes.
I've had DMD Extender in my JP for a while now.
Also RGB LED panels are now available that fit exactly in place of the DMD without requiring alteration. There are a few threads here talking about them and a few people selling solutions.

But ColorDMD just released Guns N' Roses... which, surely, opens the flood gates for other Data East.

#1955 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

But ColorDMD just released Guns N' Roses... which, surely, opens the flood gates for other Data East.

I'll believe it when I see it for JP. After purchasing a couple RGB LED panels, I'd much prefer a solution with them. An LCD in JP requires removing a couple lights in the backbox and is a pain to service because the speaker panel has to be removed before the hinged light board can swing out. And the LCD is susceptible to damage during servicing (mine is cracked).

#1956 8 years ago

Both very valid points. Lets continue this debate!

#1957 8 years ago

I am wondering how the physicality of Guns N Roses compares to that of JP in relation to adding a ColorDMD. Anyone know?

#1958 8 years ago

I was wrong. Bulbs didn't have to be removed.

Quoted from ChadH:

I am wondering how the physicality of Guns N Roses compares to that of JP in relation to adding a ColorDMD. Anyone know?

Same?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1100&picno=41455

Here's a pic of mine without the backglass in:

dfc2d288135c2a8438cf94942d7c871a80f95faf_(resized).jpgdfc2d288135c2a8438cf94942d7c871a80f95faf_(resized).jpg

#1959 8 years ago

Hey guys, can one of you please confirm the upper flipper coil number for me? There was a different coil in place (installed backwards, too), so I checked the manual and it says it's supposed to use a 090-5030-00 coil. I installed it and now it's blowing fuses immediately.

#1960 8 years ago

Update:

I think I will almost DOUBLE the amount of sounds available in the game. Mainly because I add a huge variety of Dino-Sounds straight from the movies. Had to check out how they did those - sound design IS awesome

#1961 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Update:
I think I will almost DOUBLE the amount of sounds available in the game. Mainly because I add a huge variety of Dino-Sounds straight from the movies. Had to check out how they did those - sound design IS awesome

Looking forward to upgrading JP and getting to utilize your hard work one day.

#1962 8 years ago

me too!

#1963 8 years ago

The most enjoyable visuals come from the smooth settings in the color DMD , no dots just clear animation, as to ColorDmd doing JP I think it's quite possible!

#1964 8 years ago

I hope colorDMD gets to JP. My previous comment I don't think we will ever see a JP in color was already proven wrong with the release of a DE. Very happy I was wrong by the way I Think some day we will see JP in color. Can't wait to see t-rex mode and the goat.

#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Update:

Have you parsed Lost World and JP3 for useful speech clips as well as dinosaur noises or sound effects? Malcolm and Hammond are in Lost World. Grant & Satler are in JP3.

#1966 8 years ago

Also, "Beyond Jurassic Park" - the 4th disc in the trilogy boxset - may be useful if you haven't viewed it.

#1967 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Have you parsed Lost World and JP3 for useful speech clips as well as dinosaur noises or sound effects? Malcolm and Hammond are in Lost World. Grant & Satler are in JP3.

The problem isn't all the speech samples I could get. The problem is that the game is not giving you too many "bound" events where you can actually put all of these samples.

Oh, btw:

Is anyone willing to scan three plastics for me? It's the gun-plastic in the shooter lane and the two plastics around the entrance to the bumpers. Please hit me up and I'll somehow compensate for your time.

#1968 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Is anyone willing to scan three plastics for me? It's the gun-plastic in the shooter lane and the two plastics around the entrance to the bumpers. Please hit me up and I'll somehow compensate for your time.

PM me, I have scanned nearly the full set. I can send you the link.

#1969 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

PM me, I have scanned nearly the full set. I can send you the link.

Definitely take Mark up on his offer as his JP plastic scans are the same scans that were used by Pinbits to create JP plastic protector sets and they turned out very nice.

Gord

#1970 8 years ago

My impression is that the T-Rex should roar first, then the klaxons should sound and voice over after a second or two. They should be a response to the T-Rex.

#1971 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

My impression is that the T-Rex should roar first, then the klaxons should sound and voice over after a second or two. They should be a response to the T-Rex.

It's just an enhanced version of the original one. It works perfectly with the dmd animations and Gameplay.

#1972 8 years ago

I am having a problem getting my JP playfield incline set. I have 30.5 inch legs all around and with the leg levelers on the front set as low as they can go (jam nuts removed and levelers bottomed out on leg) and the rear levelers set as high as they can go (just one turn of threads above leg material) I can only get 7 degrees of incline. I would like to find out if this is normal or maybe the front legs should be the shorter 28 inch variety? Yes, my floor is level, I checked that first. I am not trusting the built in levels, I am using something better. I am measuring directly on the playfield surface. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

#1973 8 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I am having a problem getting my JP playfield incline set. I have 30.5 inch legs all around and with the leg levelers on the front set as low as they can go (jam nuts removed and levelers bottomed out on leg) and the rear levelers set as high as they can go (just one turn of threads above leg material) I can only get 7 degrees of incline. I would like to find out if this is normal or maybe the front legs should be the shorter 28 inch variety? Yes, my floor is level, I checked that first. I am not trusting the built in levels, I am using something better. I am measuring directly on the playfield surface. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Only 7°? That's pretty much all you want usually. You could get longer leg levelers if the short once are in there.

#1974 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Definitely take Mark up on his offer as his JP plastic scans are the same scans that were used by Pinbits to create the JP plastic protector sets and they turned out very nice.
Gord

Got 'em.

Is anyone willing to make or share a scan of the "Raptors Danger" plastic and the Plastic that is riveted around the T-Rex? That would make it complete.

I'm planing on getting the set vectorized. This might get us somewhere...without promising anything at this point.

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Is anyone willing to make or share a scan of the "Raptors Danger" plastic and the Plastic that is riveted around the T-Rex? That would make it complete.

Attached is a scan of my "Raptors Danger" plastic. My scanner isn't big enough for the whole plastic so it's two scans you should be able to stitch together. Nickel is scan for size.

PhotoScan_(2).jpgPhotoScan_(2).jpg

PhotoScan.jpgPhotoScan.jpg

#1976 8 years ago

Awesome. Thanks!

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Only 7°? That's pretty much all you want usually. You could get longer leg levelers if the short once are in there.

I like the play at 7 degrees, yes but it doesn't seem right that i am at the end of my adjust-ability at 7 degrees. Why do they show an 8 and a 9 degree on the apron if they are unreachable? I do have the long levelers in the back

#1978 8 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I like the play at 7 degrees, yes but it doesn't seem right that i am at the end of my adjust-ability at 7 degrees. Why do they show an 8 and a 9 degree on the apron if they are unreachable? I do have the long levelers in the back

Actually have the same problem. Back all the way out. Front all the way in. I think i have the short levellers though.

I totally forgot the gate. I don't have rivets or the tools. Anyone willing to get that plastic out and scan it?

#1979 8 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

I just confirmed and both my JP and TFTC (both DE games) have 28.5 inch legs installed. I think that you need to install the 28.5 inch legs for JP.

Gord

#1980 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Got 'em.
I'm planing on getting the set vectorized. This might get us somewhere...without promising anything at this point.

Maybe these two will help.

Gord

Raptor_Plastic_(resized).jpgRaptor_Plastic_(resized).jpg
Trex_Collar_(resized).jpgTrex_Collar_(resized).jpg

#1981 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Maybe these two will help.
Gord
Raptor_Plastic_(resized).jpg
Trex_Collar_(resized).jpg

Awesome Gord. thank you very much!

Okay. Only the gate left!

#1982 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Jim,
I just confirmed and both my JP and TFTC (both DE games) have 28.5 inch legs installed. I think that you need to install the 28.5 inch legs for JP.
Gord

Thanks Gord,
If I put shorter legs all around I would have the same results since that's lowering both front and back. Thank you however for the measurements. I like knowing how games came "factory".
-Jim

#1983 8 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Thanks Gord,
If I put shorter legs all around I would have the same results since that's lowering both front and back. Thank you however for the measurements. I like knowing how games came "factory".
-Jim

My jp has the long legs.

#1984 8 years ago

I have good and bad news. Bad news: I will not make the plastics. Good news: Someone else will release JP plastics officially. Yay. Can't go into any detail but it will not take too long.

#1985 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Good news: Someone else will release JP plastics officially. Yay. Can't go into any detail but it will not take too long.

That is good news. I will most definitely purchase a set.

Gord

#1986 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I have good and bad news. Bad news: I will not make the plastics. Good news: Someone else will release JP plastics officially. Yay. Can't go into any detail but it will not take too long.

That's good news in deed. Pretty much all my JP plastics are broken.

#1987 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

PBD or B&T A if it's in Germany?

#1988 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

PBD or B&T A if it's in Germany?

As I said... no details yet. Sorry.

#1989 8 years ago

Reorchestration is at 400 files (instead of 222 originally) now. I actually did watch JP2 and 3 for you guys. You seriously owe me something. These movies are terrible and just gave me a handfull of useful samples.

If anyone wants to help out (you will need a pinsound board!) hit me up.

Edit:

Scrolling through the left SFX it's mostly beep sounds, build ups, sweeps etc... until now I don't really see a reason replacing them with other beep sounds so they may as well stay.

#1990 8 years ago

Excited to hear about a new plastic set , hopefully will be complete ! Meanwhile a small upgrade to the topper....

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1991 8 years ago

Can someone confirm or deny the lack of diodes on the inlane rollover Lite Dock & Lite ADV. X lamp sockets? (maybe a pic or 2)
Thanks in advance,
Lee

#1992 8 years ago

These are GI lamps, so no diodes.

#1993 8 years ago

The insert lamps are GI? Thx Crash.
Just trying to eliminate a lamp issue. Half of row 3 are out. Elec. Fence (11), sm. Helo (19), Spitter #3 (27) & A (43). But, Lite Dock (28) & Lite ADV. X (35) are on during all lamp tests. I'm flummoxed. Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

#1994 8 years ago

Baywatch also does this, and I'm sure others do too.

#1995 8 years ago

You are correct Crash. Just opened up Baywatch & BF to compare. The yellow wire color should have been a dead give away. Done for tonight. Guinness time.

#1996 8 years ago

If a plastic set is in the offing, hopefully that means repro playfields are now possible licensing wise. JP has to be the most beaten up modern machine out there on average (given that Funhouse PFs and bits are made) ... years and years of being trashed on route, and never any repro parts or pfs produced. Maybe Mirco could do a JP pf ...

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If a plastic set is in the offing, hopefully that means repro playfields are now possible licensing wise. JP has to be the most beaten up modern machine out there on average (given that Funhouse PFs and bits are made) ... years and years of being trashed on route, and never any repro parts or pfs produced. Maybe Mirco could do a JP pf ...

Don't think it will happen. Look at all the actors and things from jp on the pf. You need licences for each one of them. Take a look at the plastics. They're neutral, except for the gate which has jurassic park written on them. Whole different story.

#1998 8 years ago

I kind of doubt m/any of the actors in question would be divas about it. 2 are dead though, so perhaps estates would be difficult. Likenesses are not that close however .... some machines seem to have avoided personal image rights yet with closer likenesses.

#1999 8 years ago

guys - FYI. Selling some plastics on the marketplace if interested....

#2000 8 years ago

Just trying to eliminate a lamp issue. Half of row 3 are out. Elec. Fence (11), sm. Helo (19), Spitter #3 (27) & A (43). Any help would be appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.