Topic Stats

• 7,149 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7149 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 143.
#151 5 years ago

Seems to sell between 2000 and 3000 depending on condition with topper and all working. Just make sure t rex works 100 percent and check the wear around the start holes and make sure plastics are there because they are impossible to find

#152 5 years ago

Mostly just make sure no plastics or the ramp are broken because there are no repros. Test that the t-rex fully works in test mode and during gameplay. The Control Room switch can be problematic but it isn't a deal breaker because it is very easily replaced. Everything else is standard practice for every pinball purchase.

#153 5 years ago

go through the diagnostics ! look for any faults ......don't assume anything with a data east game.

#154 5 years ago

Hi ,
I don't have a JP, but i'm hesistating. Why not ,The theme sounds great and the machine has a good note on ipdb
Your mods are aweful too

But i have a question . I have a Last action Hero , and the devices on the playfield seems the same :
two holes in the middle , or at left, The Ripper on a LAH, same on JP.

Even tsound effects are close

Are these machine really different , to feel a different sensation or not ?

Thanks for your opinions about the difference , and interest on JP

(Never played JP)
Lionel.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

Hi ,
Your mods are aweful too

AweSOME?

#156 5 years ago

LB45... I have both. They are sister games, meaning same company, same year, same sounds, same shaker, same smart missle. We've had JP 2 years and just got LAH this month, and to me playing LAH is more 'familiar' than similar. Meaning I know how to do the modes, how the bounty works, what the smart missle is... but layout-wise they are different. I actually think that my Frankenstein has a more similar layout to JP, but plays completely different than JP or LAH because of different rulesets, no shaker, no smart missle, no bounty, added kickback, etc. I think there is room for both in a decent size collection. We have 8 at our house and 3 at my parents, and it fits in just fine. I probably wouldnt pick those 2 as my only 2 pins, but it looks like you have enough in your collection to be fine.

image-422.jpg
#157 5 years ago

I've had both, I prefer last action hero.

#158 5 years ago

@ hollywood ; Awesome of course; Sorry
@ Blondetall : Think i have to evaluate that machine in the next French show Festiflip
Thanks for this explanation

2 weeks later
#160 5 years ago

New member of the JP club. Picked it up a few months ago, finally got it working. It needs some good cleaning. Fun game. My ? Is what do I need to get? I know cliffys for sure. Any other pointers?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

New member of the JP club. Picked it up a few months ago, finally got it working. It needs some good cleaning. Fun game. My ? Is what do I need to get? I know cliffys for sure. Any other pointers?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

That's really the big one. The rest is preferences or I don't know about it yet.

#164 5 years ago

Newbie pin question search engine didn't help me................upper right flipper has gone wonky on me last night......question I believe the coil is weak.........can I use a lower flipper coil 090-5020-30, in place of the upper 090-5030-00 coil and not hurt anything.?

the upper coil will just work faster right? with a 5020 in it? just going to do this for a week until the new one arrives

thnx, B.

#165 5 years ago

Good to go dirty leaf switch...................still curious what you think about that coil swap

2 weeks later
#166 5 years ago

Sooooo wondering if you guys all died? anyone hook a cheap powered sub up to there game ?

I was given a Klipsch Ipod sound system with a powered sub......started thinking about trying out the sub on JP for some load T rex action

#167 5 years ago

If nobody gets to it before me I'll take pics for you next time I have it open.

I'm trying to get a sub from my brother to try before I buy, but I think it'd be great!

#168 5 years ago

Klipsch aint exactly cheap. Not boutique, but not Sony.
They make great speakers.

#169 5 years ago

yea there defiantly better than average....plenty good for a pinball machine.....I think I figured out the work around, I posted on a sub thread that is going.....its a pita as it has a 9 pin ipod port and a small audio plug port for inputs......NO Rca Jacks or hard wire inputs......I think i figured out a crazy Ivan work around though.

1 month later
#170 5 years ago

posted in the wanted forum, but figured I might as well do it here as well.

Looking for the lane guides for the raptor pit.

I know I can make my own, but if I can snag an original pair then it would save me a ton of time.

thanks in advance.

#171 5 years ago

I'll take some pics this weekend, but I'm going to be selling my friend's JP. Clean, 100% working, cliffys over the scoops, nice cabinet. He had to give it up to turn the space in was in in his condo into a closet. Tragic.

Probably going to list it for $2300 but I'd take offers from Pinsiders. If anyone knows someone in SoCal who wants one lemme know.

#172 5 years ago

I am adding a 12V LED strip to my Jurassic Park while I have it apart for a shop job. I would like to find a connector with 12V that I can make a patch cable to go between so I can tap into the 12V, but leave it easily reversible. Does anyone have a suggestion of a connector that carries 12V and would be easy to make a short patch cable for? The fewer the number of connections, the easier it would be to make the patch cable. I spent some time looking through the schematics, but nothing really jumped off the page as a good candidate.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I am adding a 12V LED strip to my Jurassic Park while I have it apart for a shop job. I would like to find a connector with 12V that I can make a patch cable to go between so I can tap into the 12V, but leave it easily reversible. Does anyone have a suggestion of a connector that carries 12V and would be easy to make a short patch cable for? The fewer the number of connections, the easier it would be to make the patch cable. I spent some time looking through the schematics, but nothing really jumped off the page as a good candidate.

Doesn't get much easier than this:
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=601

Also, completely reversible.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I am adding a 12V LED strip to my Jurassic Park while I have it apart for a shop job.

Is this to light up the Jussaric Park letters in the back? I want to do that. Can you post details on which strip you bought and the wiring solution once done? Thanks!

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Doesn't get much easier than this:
http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=601
Also, completely reversible.

Thanks for the link. I have not seen those before. Ordering one now. I only wish I had known about them before I did my TZ translight door RGB light mod.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Is this to light up the Jussaric Park letters in the back? I want to do that. Can you post details on which strip you bought and the wiring solution once done? Thanks!

Nope, I am lighting up the banner that says "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" and a backboard mod I made. I have plenty of LED strip left over, however. What Jurassic Park letters are you talking about? The ones on the translight? Maybe I need to do another mod.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Nope, I am lighting up the banner that says "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" and a backboard mod I made. I have plenty of LED strip left over, however. What Jurassic Park letters are you talking about?

Doh! Total fail. Yes, those are the letters I was thinking about. That's the danger of a bad memory mixed with posting something far away from your machine. So, that clarified... I wanted to do the same but the strips I've gotten from Comet for other purposes are too short. And, wasn't sure how you would need to connect into 12V.

#178 5 years ago

Aquiring a JP last Saturday, I can now officially join this club! Looking forward to getting it in top shape, as it needs some lovin', so havent been able to really play it yet. It has been turned off for 1,5 years before I bought it, and the main issues are:

1. Burnt raptor coil (and hence, maybe a transistor).
2. Left flipper is "sticking" in cradle-position for a second or two after cradling.
3. When holding in the right flipper, a rather loud distinct HUMMING noise is coming from beneath the pf..dunno if this is normal?
4. Control Room switch does not work, as is a usual problem. Anyone here experienced and fixed that?
5. DIRTY! Yeah, really dirty, but went over with Novus 1 and already it is starting to shine!

Any of you owners have any xperience with 2 - 4 above?

Not much to see yet, but below is some small pics of before cleaning and after a quick initial cleaning:

20140930_205720.jpg
20140930_211708.jpg

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

And, wasn't sure how you would need to connect into 12V.

Can't you get 6.3V LED strips and just connect them to the GI?

Quoted from Edenecho:

2. Left flipper is "sticking" in cradle-position for a second or two after cradling.
4. Control Room switch does not work, as is a usual problem. Anyone here experienced and fixed that?

2. Make sure your flipper button/switch isn't sticking and is adjusted properly.
4. Make sure the switch arm is adjusted properly. Does it work in test? Make sure the diode isn't bad or broken.

#180 5 years ago

For 2, rebuild your flippers. You should anyway, but chances are it's a little off center or something and it's binding for a second.

For 3, re-explore this after you did 2. DE flippers do hum somewhat, so that doesn't sound that out of the norm to me.

For 4, get a new switch and also check where the diode for it is. They moved the diode in a service bulletin and later games have it further away from the switch mounted on the playfield, which makes it sort of weird to just say where it is. I replaced my switch and it still didn't work, found the diode was also detached.

Good luck, looks like a fun project.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

They moved the diode in a service bulletin and later games have it further away from the switch mounted on the playfield, which makes it sort of weird to just say where it is. I replaced my switch and it still didn't work, found the diode was also detached.

Thanks for the input! Yeah It seems that my game has the diode separate, in addition to having it on the "normal" place, but probably one of them is active and the other is not? Posted in another topic but here are the pictures of that area (due to the angle the diode on the "normal placed" switch is not so visible, but its there):

JP_scoop_switch.jpg
JP_diode_fix.jpg

1 week later
#182 5 years ago

Just picked up a JP last weekend. Was able to get the guy down to $1800. It is in really great shape except for the 2 holes on the front left, cliffy should cover. Also cabinet was drilled (2 bolts on each side, YUCK!). Oh and no topper.

Other then that, great cabinet and play field. Trex seems to work, though I didn't know how to run all of the tests, It just moved up/down left/right, and was able to pickup the ball during play. Plastics all seem to be there and good, right sling has the start of a crack.

What is the going rate of the topper? I see one on ebay for 300, I will pass at that price...

Also, I am looking at making a new mod for this, which can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jp-tv-mod-cztv-gauging-interest

It is a TV mod (or in this case a CRT monitor), similar to my TZ tv mod. The first version is planned just to play the JP movie (or any other video files you like), then eventually I will add interactivity.

If anyone is interested in this mod, please post in my thread about it!

#183 5 years ago

Anyone here going to Pinball Life Open House tomorrow? If so, check out the Jurassic Park there. It is running my code update. (Not available for distribution yet.)

#184 5 years ago

I'm very new to board repair. Can someone provide a link for where to purchase a replacement for R18 location of the DMD Control Board.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/images/1/17/DE_520-5055-00_DMD_Control_Board.JPG

I know this is bad, because it's snapped in half. Are there other common issues with these DMD Control Boards. I guess what I'm asking is since I'm ordering should I buy anything else to have on hand just incase that is not the only problem.

Thank you,

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Anyone here going to Pinball Life Open House tomorrow? If so, check out the Jurassic Park there. It is running my code update. (Not available for distribution yet.)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

RussM

1 week later
#186 5 years ago

Just joined the club last night.

Any suggestions for settings?

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Wont make it there from Norway where i Live, BUT I am looking very forward to getting your code update in my JP when its released

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Wont make it there from Norway where i Live, BUT I am looking very forward to getting your code update in my JP when its released

1 week later
#189 5 years ago

I've had my JP for a week now, and just got my 1st System shutdown. Very cool, it made me smile, now I need to do it again.....

#190 5 years ago

Great game really fun lots of modes, it's been the longest pin not to leave my collection

#191 5 years ago

My very next game, I got all 11 computer screens, a feet that I though was near impossible a week ago, but missed the final shot. Almost got the system failure twice in a row. Then I noticed that the game wasn't awarding the computer screens anymore. It turns out that a wire had broken off of the computer room switch.

I guess it couldn't take that much abuse.

#192 5 years ago

Having a brain fart! I somehow turned off the Top Switch and can't seem to get back in to turn it on. My manual doesn't seem to correspond to my display settings. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Step-by-step instructions will not be viewed as condescending!

image.jpg
#193 5 years ago

Press the start button while in the diagnostics test

#194 5 years ago

Tried that. Just makes a clicking noise.

#195 5 years ago

And T-Rex shakes but won't move.

#196 5 years ago

With a little "persuasion" I was able to get T-Rex back into position. Ran thru all diagnostics and all is well. Sorry for the panic attack!

#197 5 years ago

I understand panic!

#198 5 years ago

After fixing T-Rex I had just enough time left to blow-out a pop coil in Pin*Bot before calling it a night!

#199 5 years ago

Anyone have a JP for sale in So. Cal? If so, please pm me. Thanks

#200 5 years ago

Just replaced the captive ball with a ceramic one. I like it. Now it looks more like an egg.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7149 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside