Topic Stats

• 7,247 posts
  • 422 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Marco1973
  • Topic is favorited by 186 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200110_180039 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_175015 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200109-025458_Chrome (resized).jpg
JP (resized).jpg
JP (resized).png
20200107_202834 (resized).jpg
20200107_202821 (resized).jpg
7812FF34-932D-4672-8D88-546F9FA83206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3242.JPG
IMG_3241.JPG
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3240.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3237.JPG
829D7A73-65C7-4E12-B70F-C5522E902D02 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8878 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7247 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 145.
#1901 3 years ago

Anyone else with a sorta large collection find themselves playing JP over your high end machines? something about the clunk and simplicity of JP as well other Data East machines I enjoy.

#1902 3 years ago

If by "clunk" you mean satisfying shots then my top shots for the clunk factor are the T-Rex, raptor pit, control room, and boat dock. With the T-Rex and control room shots if you have strong flippers the ball really plunks in there, with the raptor you often get a lot of rattle-outs from bricked shots, and the boat dock is satisfying especially if you ride the ball guide perfectly.

#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Thumper ready, yep. Happens when you taze the raptor in the skill shot or during play.

"Thumper ready"... it means that Super Pops is lit for a limited time. I believe the Pop Bumpers are flashing until the Super Pops timer runs out. When Super Pops is active the Pop Bumpers are worth 100,000 and hitting all three is worth 1M.

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

"Thumper ready"... it means that Super Pops is lit for a limited time. I believe the Pop Bumpers are flashing until the Super Pops timer runs out. When Super Pops is active the Pop Bumpers are worth 100,000 and hitting all three is worth 1M.

Thanks Chad. Your work is amazing.
thanks for making jp a great game instead of a good one!

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Thanks Chad. Your work is amazing.
thanks for making jp a great game instead of a good one!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the results of your audio update.

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Updated T-Rex model (done

May be done ... But not available anywhere!?!

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

May be done ... But not available anywhere!?!

I whish he'd ship to Germany. Anyone feels like helping out?

#1909 3 years ago

Today's log: The left most pop-bumper stopped popping, but was still registering being hit. Lifted playfield, soldered back on the wire that snapped off, and the left pop-bumper back in action in less than 10 minutes.

About 2 years ago, I never knew how to even take the glass off of a pinball machine. The hobby for me is just as much fixing and working on them as it is playing them. Back in 2008 the design agency I worked at had a few arcade cabinets. I always tried to talk them into a pinball machine. But the guy who was the one who worked on fixing up the arcade cabinets kept saying that pinball machines were much harder to work on, always broke down, and since they didn't make them anymore (no new pinball machines), thus no more parts.

I'll post to facebook every now and then things I've fixed for updated on my machine. I'm still Facebook friends with my old co-worker.

#1910 3 years ago

Replaced trough switch #5, center leg was broken off. I also had the apron removed to inspect the shooter VUK as Chad recommended just up thread. Switch was fine, but shooter coil flange was actually missing a mounting screw. The apron must have been doing a pretty good job holding the coil assy in place. With the apron removed, the coil assy was just flopping around.

Played a bunch of games on JP - still pretty good fun. Been a while with my new GoT sitting right beside.

#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Been a while with my new GoT sitting right beside.

I'd say out of the latest Stern games, I actually enjoy GoT the most. Main Street Amusements in Lafayette, IN seems to be staying up to date with newer games. He's got ST, MET, TWD, had a WWE, and got GoT a few weeks ago. And I'd say, I get more play for my money with GoT. Had a pretty good 400mill + game last night. Games before were around 35-50 mill. Just seems like MET and TWD don't last very long. Don't watch GoT, so I don't have any idea what anything means, but has been fun to learn.

#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Had a pretty good 400mill + game last night. Games before were around 35-50 mill. Just seems like MET and TWD don't last very long. Don't watch GoT, so I don't have any idea what anything means, but has been fun to learn.

35-50M seems to be my typical lack luster score. However, things can ramp-up quickly with a few good shots, finished houses, multipliers and super jackpots!

I am a big fan of the show. There really is not much about the gameplay that really requires even a minimal knowledge of the show or story. The music and character call outs are what make it great for me!

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I whish he'd ship to Germany. Anyone feels like helping out?

Again tried to get a hold of one of these Dino covers , however I think he is not making them any more! Spoke to back alley productions and they will not making because he was ...

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I think he is not making them any more!

Why is this always the assumption?

I try to keep my thread pretty up to date. I've never once said I'm not making more. I am taking a break, and have real life stuff happening that's more important than a hobby project at the moment.

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Why is this always the assumption?

Was not intending to offend , everyone is entitled to a break from hobby or do as they please, I found it to be a great mod , and was very interested in a purchase , however others I have bought mods from for my JP said that you have not made them for a while!
Please let me know how I can be informed as to when you shall be providing more units.
Not all a bad thing if something that you have created can be so desired
Apologies and regards
Enjoy your break !

#1917 3 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a small issue with my machine which I'm hoping you guys can help track down the issue.

The switch on the back side of the ramp (behind rexy) doesn't appear to be functioning anymore. I've put the machine into switch test mode and it's not registering. I've also looked at the switch and I can't see any bad soldering. I've attached a pic, what is the next step from here? Switch replacement?

image_(resized).jpeg

#1918 3 years ago
Quoted from phollibone:

Hi everyone. I have a small issue with my machine which I'm hoping you guys can help track down the issue.
The switch on the back side of the ramp (behind rexy) doesn't appear to be functioning anymore. I've put the machine into switch test mode and it's not registering. I've also looked at the switch and I can't see any bad soldering. I've attached a pic, what is the next step from here? Switch replacement?

image_(resized).jpeg

Looks like that tab on the right is bent and broken.

#1919 3 years ago

Hard to see in that photo, but also looks like the diode's lead may be touching the switch's center leg. I've added a small legnth of heatshrink on the center leg to avoid accidental contact in case something gets bumped.

Here's mine for comparison:

3-7-2016_8-12-02_AM_(resized).png

#1920 3 years ago

My switch was always coming loose and moving so that the arm wasnt moving enough to trigger the switch. I ended up using a machine screw and a nuts to really get it tight as the wood screw that was there going into the plastic ramp was always getting lose.

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Switch fixed-much better now.

image_(resized).jpg

How did you fixed it?

#1922 3 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Anyone else with a sorta large collection find themselves playing JP over your high end machines? something about the clunk and simplicity of JP as well other Data East machines I enjoy.

Yup I find myself playing it alot. Still one of my new machines. I have ACDC luci, Kiss, Woz, Ripley, Funhouse, T2, RFM, Funhouse, Transfromers to name a few.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

How did you fixed it?

I took it off its mounting bracket. Someone had tried to remove the leads off the tabs, but they seem to be permanently attached. In trying to remove them, the "casing" of the switch had opened a little as can be seen in the photo, so the arm wasn't moving freely and registering. Just re tightened it all up, re mounted it on the bracket, and works like a charm now. Love this game!

#1924 3 years ago

Thanks.

...I need to revisit this switch.
For some reason it still don't work well.

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Looks like that tab on the right is bent and broken.

Thank you, problem solved, the tab on the right is broken. So now need to try and source a switch to replace it in Australia. Wish me luck!

#1926 3 years ago
Quoted from phollibone:

Thank you, problem solved, the tab on the right is broken. So now need to try and source a switch to replace it in Australia. Wish me luck!

If you can't find a replacement right away, personally, I'd attempt to solder it back. May only be temporary, but looks like enough space that you could put a bead of solder between the tab and where it snapped off from.

#1927 3 years ago

Hey everyone,
I wasn't very happy with the PDF copy of the game manual I found on IPDB, so I scanned my copy with the correct legder size sheet for the technical drawings. if you don't have a good digital copy of the manual, you can download mine here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RGLhghgEovczZMSnNfTXpQdm8/view?usp=sharing
EDIT: I forgot to erase some of my handwriting on some of the pages before scanning. I'll fix it and re-upload later.
EDIT: Should be ok now

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from Element-X:

Hey everyone,
I wasn't very happy with the PDF copy of the game manual I found on IPDB, so I scanned my copy with the correct legder size sheet for the technical drawings. if you don't have a good digital copy of the manual, you can download mine here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RGLhghgEovTDk0NXRESkJwVGc/view?usp=sharing

Very nice of you. You should be able to submit that to IPDB so they can use it instead.

#1929 3 years ago

I'm finally in the club. Need to refurbish the P/S Board because my 12v + is shitty. Videos with the pinsound board will follow.

2016-03-08_19.56.44_(resized).jpg

#1930 3 years ago

Congrats! I really like the siderails on your machine. I think I might do the same to mine one day.

#1931 3 years ago

Woah woah woah, where did you get those sexy side rails and lock down bar????

#1932 3 years ago

^^^^^^^^

What they said! Nice!

#1933 3 years ago

What they said, indeed. I saw someone do a tutorial on painting that somewhere around here (the mods thread?). Makes me wonder if this was his game.

#1934 3 years ago

Pre Owner made them. They're are decals! I can ask him for the files.

#1935 3 years ago

Please do. Some one make these! LOL

#1936 3 years ago

Mine are similar

image_(resized).jpeg

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Mine are similar

image_(resized).jpeg

I'd say they are pretty much identical.

#1938 3 years ago

My lockdown bar is all yellow and your hinges are black. My coin door is yellow and black. but yeah any combination with those rails looks great

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Mine are similar

image_(resized).jpeg

DUDE! Share these!!! Who is making them? Where can we get them?

#1940 3 years ago

I wish I could help, but I bought mine like this and I have no clue where they came from. I'll try to find the guy that sold it to me, maybe he knows.

#1941 3 years ago

Looks like it was a custom job. Here's the original thread from the guy I bought from.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powdercoated-parts-get-me-excited

#1942 3 years ago

Guys.... wait for me. I asked the preowner if he'd share the files and you all can go to your favourite printing shop and get it done cheap with a little work.

#1943 3 years ago

Good news, we'll get the files.

#1944 3 years ago

Question: On the left inlane/outlane there is a small hole that looks like a metal post belongs there (like the right side). Pictures on IPDB don't have that post too but my new pinball protector seems to have hole to put something there. Just optional?

Second question: I have a second set of Slingshotplastics. Orange ones and blue ones. Why!?

Third question: T-Rex left/right movement stutters sometimes. Is it possible to clean the gears or are they is the enclosure inaccessible for cleaning?

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Question: On the left inlane/outlane there is a small hole that looks like a metal post belongs there (like the right side). Pictures on IPDB don't have that post too but my new pinball protector seems to have hole to put something there. Just optional?

That's for a mini post. Some people have them (like me), and some don't. It's up to you want you'd like to do. If you don't have one, I'd just leave it alone.

#1946 3 years ago

Does anyone have an extra set of the raptor pit guide rails?

#1947 3 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Second question: I have a second set of Slingshotplastics. Orange ones and blue ones. Why!?
Third question: T-Rex left/right movement stutters sometimes. Is it possible to clean the gears or are they is the enclosure inaccessible for cleaning?

most likely the post got removed during production. I agree I wouldn't put it in, if I were you. If you want the extra rubber, you can actually put a ring on the top of the ball guide really easy.

Extra slings were just an option from the factory. If they're in good shape, you can probably sell them for decent money. People always looking to buy.

#1948 3 years ago

Yeah I heard that these plastics go for crazy amouts of money. Screw that. It's plastic.

#1949 3 years ago

Yeah I just make my own.

#1950 3 years ago

Just put in a spare color DMD , little nerve wracking cutting the panel however a little patience and a lot of cigarette breaks! The outcome is spectacular !

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
The Colony, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
There are 7247 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside