Topic Stats

• 7,766 posts
  • 450 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,869 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A76798BA-D040-471B-95C1-BA91DB522235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9995 (resized).JPG
A55FB219-C501-4347-AB2A-B20E069C7531 (resized).jpeg
20200524_195126 (resized).jpg
110DFA50-3968-4D69-B9C6-FC033D09E9A8.jpeg
20200524_123332 (resized).jpg
IMG_4480 (resized).JPG
IMG_4479 (resized).JPG
IMG_4478 (resized).JPG
IMG_4477 (resized).JPG
100738129_593981647773610_4357881991291469824_n (resized).jpg
20200518_165737 (resized).jpg
20200518_165731 (resized).jpg
79ae7ba4fd44114796c3ca7da780af53f473ba94 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200516-WA0007 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200516-WA0009 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7766 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 156.
#1851 4 years ago

I created a spreadsheet for all my JP related purchases. I've been afraid to add it up for a while now.

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Geez, even more! Not sure I NEED that GI maestro though for $115....
So.
Updated Code: $0 (thanks chad)
Trex - $400
Updated Gate - $80/$280 depending on which you go with
Updated Sound - $99 for FF speakers, $340 for PS board
Color DMD (maybe) - $399
Wow, if you pick up a decent example of JP for $2500, add all these mods, you're potantially sitting on a $4018....and I was just taking a stab at the price, lol. Almost spot on! $1518 worth of mods...wow. This hobby man....really sucks you dry if you let it, ha.

Don't forget LED OCD and all LEDs.

#1853 4 years ago

Any one know off hand if the standard size super bands will fit JP flippers?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6519-21

#1854 4 years ago

It's the standard solid state era flipper size.

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Isn't the announcer John Arnold from the movie? There are various other game-specific quotes from other actors.

Doubt it. Doesn't sound like it in solo - there is that "Hold onto your butts" that's supposed to be John Arnold - It's not. Most of the movie quotes aren't from the movies either. Some are.

#1859 4 years ago

"Hold onto your butts" should be when system boot starts. Where does it play now? Dont think Ive heard it!

#1860 4 years ago

I don't have the machine yet - just replacing stuff and don't play much on Visual Pinball - I don't like it I don't know where it comes up but that line is there. Doesn't mean the code is using it but I'm pretty sure I heared it while playing?

#1861 4 years ago

"Hold onto your butts" should be when system boot starts. Where does it play now? Dont think Ive heard it!

I know it's at least used when you drain.

#1862 4 years ago

Geez, even more! Not sure I NEED that GI maestro though for $115....
So.
Updated Code: $0 (thanks chad)
Trex - $400
Updated Gate - $80/$280 depending on which you go with
Updated Sound - $99 for FF speakers, $340 for PS board
Color DMD (maybe) - $399
Wow, if you pick up a decent example of JP for $2500, add all these mods, you're potantially sitting on a $4018....and I was just taking a stab at the price, lol. Almost spot on! $1518 worth of mods...wow. This hobby man....really sucks you dry if you let it, ha.

colorDMD only if you mod your panel and use the RGB rom. However, I would bet $399 you wont see Jurassic Park color DMD ever created. Or $199 that they wont produce the rom for 4+ more years.

#1863 4 years ago

$399 is what they charge for the others. Why cant they do JP?

#1864 4 years ago

$399 is what they charge for the others. Why cant they do JP?

For me they are $450 with CA tax/ship. They wont do them till all the themes that are top sellers are finished first. DE requires people to literally butcher and cut the DMD panel to get a colorDMD to fit as well an external power supply. Most collectors cant do this mod to get the colorDMD to fit, hence why we will never see DE colorDMD or at least not any time soon.

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

For me they are $450 with CA tax/ship. They wont do them till all the themes that are top sellers are finished first. DE requires people to literally butcher and cut the DMD panel to get a colorDMD to fit as well an external power supply. Most collectors cant do this mod to get the colorDMD to fit, hence why we will never see DE colorDMD or at least not any time soon.

the current hint on color dmds facebook page is a nod to a data east title imo

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the current hint on color dmds facebook page is a nod to a data east title imo

You mean the picture of Data pointing East?

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You mean the picture of Data pointing East?

precisely, i think its time we take Jean-Luc-Picard's bet and get a colorDMD free

#1868 4 years ago

precisely, i think its time we take Jean-Luc-Picard's bet and get a colorDMD free

lol caption150b_(resized).jpg

#1869 4 years ago

I bought a 3D printer, and guess what my first test print was?

2016-03-02_21.45.46_(resized).jpg

#1870 4 years ago

That looks great, how big is it?

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

That's what she said!

#1872 4 years ago

Next you should print the T-rex shower head.

JT85D07_(resized).jpg

#1873 4 years ago

Anyone using the Chad code upgrade have problems with Tri-ball? Mine starts fine, plays well, but when last ball drains it still thinks there is a ball available, so does a ball search and finally launches another ball. Not sure if it's just my machine.

#1874 4 years ago

I have that issue, but I assumed it was a VUK switch problem? That it does not always manage to spit out all balls, cause it thinks all balls are on the playfield.

#1875 4 years ago

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm making really good progress with the Jurassic Park mix. I'm getting my boards next week and also the pin should arrive next week. Will have to do some repair as 3 coils don't work, guess it's just a transistor problem.

I have music fitting for all the modes related to the scenes in the movie. I don't use 3 minute tracks, rather loops like the original pins with 40-60 seconds of the faster parts from the OST.

Voice is almost done, except for the original voiceovers from the game itself (mission anouncements and some others). Maybe I'll do them as the originals sound like they're pitched heavily. We'll see. If someone wants to give it a try - feel free to do so.

It will take a couple of weeks until the release but this will not be as bad as my other mixes with MONTH of work.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Anyone using the Chad code upgrade have problems with Tri-ball? Mine starts fine, plays well, but when last ball drains it still thinks there is a ball available, so does a ball search and finally launches another ball. Not sure if it's just my machine.

I have had rare issues where JP is looking for a non-missing ball. I did have the leg break off of trough switch #5. Replacement arrived last night, maybe there was some intermittency. I'll install this weekend.

#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Time to repost this link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-ball-trough-fix-video-jplahtftctommywwfrrgnr

#1878 4 years ago

Thanks Chad, great link. Time to check SW #7. I can't believe I just received the replacement SW #5 from Marcos last night, I could have added that to this order - another round of shipping fees. Ugh.

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Pretty big for what it is. I'd guess about 7 inches from nose to back.

#1880 4 years ago

Can someone tell me which callouts (if any) get used for drains in the original game?

#1881 4 years ago

I'd love to help someone and their two young boys join this club if anyone around PA has an extra Jurassic Park up for grabs, any condition considered.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31681

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Can someone tell me which callouts (if any) get used for drains in the original game?

"ohhh a raptor got him!"

"ohhh a trex got him!"

#1883 4 years ago

Isn't there a "Shutting Down" also for a drain?

#1884 4 years ago

Thanks yet again Chad. You are the DE king.

Love the new code too Just have to make all my targets register properly now. About a third of them seem off-center so wont register when hit.

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Isn't there a "Shutting Down" also for a drain?

John Arnold:
"All security systems are shutting down."
"Hold onto your butts."

"ohhh a raptor got him!"
"ohhh a trex got him!"

The T-Rex quote is only for the match screen. Also "Oh no, it's T-Rex!" per the code update.

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

John Arnold:
"Hold onto your butts."

The T-Rex quote is only for the match screen. Also "Oh no, it's T-Rex!" per the code update.

Isn't it "T-Rex got him"?

#1887 4 years ago

Yes that's the match quote.

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

John Arnold:
"Hold onto your butts."

Cool. Thanks. Data east is making strange use of voice calls. Some are so random is almost annoying. "Those raptors are smart"...

#1889 4 years ago

"Oh, a raptor got him." was also added by Chad when you drain.

#1890 4 years ago

I have to say that DE was far ahead when it comes to SFX. Williams was ok, Data East is just way better. Some of them are actually good enough to stay.

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Dang, you picked the wrong week to make this prediction.

Gun N' Roses is confirmed as the next release.

#1892 4 years ago

Switch fixed-much better now.

image_(resized).jpg

#1895 4 years ago

Does sound cool with all that's going on. Sounds like a lot of destruction. I agree about the voice coming up a bit. Also, what about using the warning tone from the movies when the electric fence is about to be turned on to electrocute Timmy?

#1896 4 years ago

Wow, with that alone, I have to ask - is a new sound ROM all that's required to use this?

#1897 4 years ago

You need a PinSound board.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Does sound cool with all that's going on. Sounds like a lot of destruction. I agree about the voice coming up a bit. Also, what about using the warning tone from the movies when the electric fence is about to be turned on to electrocute Timmy?

Was thinking about that too but really liked the original jingle (which is in the background) and wanted to stay close to it. Adding more would lead to a mess because when this Jingle gets called by the CPU it will call for many many other sound effects at the same time. CHAOS.

#1899 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what the dude is saying when you make a skill shot? "Thumper ready" or whatever?

#1900 4 years ago

Thumper ready, yep. Happens when you taze the raptor in the skill shot or during play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monclova, OH
Boards
PinSound
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
There are 7766 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 156.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside