IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 203.
#1801 8 years ago

Alright, im back in action.

Raptor pit still doesnt fire.

I have continuity between both lugs of the coil and wire #3 on j8 (purp wht), so that checks out if im not mistaken. I was told i had power issues and needed to do the bridge rectifier on the ppb board previously because i had issues with led strips in the mods on my game flickering and causing the sound to be staticy. I just unplugged the mods so i could play and figured i would get to it later.

Do yall think this is related? Could it just be getting worse? Just tossing it out there. Any ideas otherwise? Thanks.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1804 8 years ago

Bump for help. Ive got time this weekend for once....any one?

#1805 8 years ago

Have you checked the transistor on the solenoid driver board associated with the raptor pit?

#1806 8 years ago

guys - I don't know what I did but I lifted the table to check something and when I put it back down, started the game, the VUK started going by itself. TREX doesn't move now and after I picked the table back up the VUK stopped but as soon as I put it back down it starting going crazy again. The only thing i can see is a wire that might have been cut when I put the table down. Does anyone know where this white and blue is expected to go? Table was perfect and now it's like this : (

20160227_101239_(resized).jpg20160227_101239_(resized).jpg
20160227_101249_(resized).jpg20160227_101249_(resized).jpg

20160227_104350_(resized).jpg20160227_104350_(resized).jpg

Need to know where this wire circled in yellow goes? Seems like it's causing the issue.

#1807 8 years ago

The WHT-BLU wires enters the harness where I have circled and continues in the main harness to the backbox. Follow the adjacent BLU-RED wire into the harness, clip the zip ties along the way until you find the broken/loose end of the WHT-BLU wire. Solder the ends together, apply shrink tubing to insulate, add back zip ties to support.

2-27-2016_10-42-57_AM_(resized).png2-27-2016_10-42-57_AM_(resized).png
2-27-2016_10-47-59_AM_(resized).png2-27-2016_10-47-59_AM_(resized).png

Hope that helps

#1808 8 years ago

appreciate this!!! This must be the issue related to my VUK and trex as both happened at the same time.

#1809 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

appreciate this!!! This must be the issue related to my VUK and trex as both happened at the same time.

Maybe more broken/shorted than just BLU-WHT? Do some continuity checking on the wires for those assys, all the way to the backbox.

#1810 8 years ago

Little confused. Where you circled I thought is where the broken wire connects to. I can find where the blue white wire is coming from on my machine (it's in a harness with a ton of other wires) but I don't see where that other end should go (which is likely to the end that broke off...) I am holding that end with my finger

20160227_113603_(resized).jpg20160227_113603_(resized).jpg

#1811 8 years ago

according to the switch matrix white blue goes to: left coin, trough #6, Right return, not used, herrerasaurs-low, left turbo bumper, not used, not used.

going by this and the pictures show it near the pops, i would guess that wire goes to one of your pops, the left one. if it is connected to your left pop on one end, you need to find its other half and wire it back together. hopefully that will fix your issues.

#1812 8 years ago

Ahh, I thought that wire was still attached to its assy.

The WHT-BLU wire attaches to the left pop bumper:

2-27-2016_11-41-53_AM_(resized).png2-27-2016_11-41-53_AM_(resized).png

#1813 8 years ago

Thanks I soldered it on and it didn't help anything. This is SO weird.

Game has been perfect. I lift the table up, tweak my flipper and then put it down. When I put on the game the VUK is going off by itself and it shoots two balls out. The trigger for the gun actually makes the slingshots go off! It's like the game has become possessed out of nowhere. Egg shot goes off too.

Where do I begin here?

#1814 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks I soldered it on and it didn't help anything. This is SO weird.
Game has been perfect. I lift the table up, tweak my flipper and then put it down. When I put on the game the VUK is going off by itself and it shoots two balls out. The trigger for the gun actually makes the slingshots go off! It's like the game has become possessed out of nowhere. Egg shot goes off too.
Where do I begin here?

go into switch test mode and see if anything is on that should be, and also kinda shake or tap on the playfield and see if you can find a switch that might be finicky. i had a finicky switch on the ramp that was causing issues on things that it wasnt even tied to in the switch matrix and when i fixed that switch all my other issues went away.

also, there is a chance one or more of your transistors on your solenoid driver board is bad, you could test those and see if they need replaced

#1815 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

go into switch test mode and see if anything is on that should be, and also kinda shake or tap on the playfield and see if you can find a switch that might be finicky. i had a finicky switch on the ramp that was causing issues on things that it wasnt even tied to in the switch matrix and when i fixed that switch all my other issues went away.
also, there is a chance one or more of your transistors on your solenoid driver board is bad, you could test those and see if they need replaced

GENIUS! Did the switch test and after pressing on them all - two of them were registering as 5! I adjusted them and now it's perfect! Thanks! Holy SHIT pinball machines are sensitive - one wrong switch and the whole thing is haywire!

#1816 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

one wrong switch and the whole thing is haywire!

Learned that lesson with my Laser War. I had to bend a light socket to get to something else, but had to press it up against another socket to get enough clearance. I gave myself a reminder that I quickly forgot. Turned the machine back on, and sounds went crazy, and it rapidly continuously kept adding credits. In a WTF panic, I shut down the machine, and thought "how the hell am I going to figure this out?" Looked under the playfield, remembered my note, and all was back to normal again after I fixed the light socket short.

#1817 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

GENIUS! Did the switch test and after pressing on them all - two of them were registering as 5! I adjusted them and now it's perfect! Thanks! Holy SHIT pinball machines are sensitive - one wrong switch and the whole thing is haywire!

glad it was something easy

#1818 8 years ago

Forgot to mention that my Jurassic originally had that typical high buzzing sound that JPs have when in standby mode. I ended up replacing the stock speakers with pinball pro and not only are they much better but the buzz is gone completely.....

#1819 8 years ago

Very interesting! Maybe the new speakers have a high pass filter?

#1820 8 years ago

I posted earlier regarding very weak bumpers. Well, I cleaned the switch contact points and minimized the gap for each bumper. holy shit what a difference! Now its actually fun to shoot for the bumpers!

I shot a short gameplay video for another reason, but you can still see quite some intense and rapid bumper action when the ball gets there.

https://vimeo.com/157065784

#1821 8 years ago

Interesting, by weak do you mean not very active or just active but sluggish? Cleaning the switch contacts and adjusting the gap won't affect the solenoid power, just make them more active.

#1822 8 years ago

uhm, well, they did not really bounce the ball much around, so I guess...sluggish?
I think the main problem was the gap was too big bwteen the switch leafs. Now its actually worth something shooting into the pops in stampede, or actually managing to save timmy

#1823 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the 6.0 Rom?

#1824 8 years ago

Spitter mode and Stampede - anyone else feel like these modes are a waste or am I doing it wrong? Seems very similar, just hitting random targets which likely result in drains.

#1825 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

uhm, well, they did not really bounce the ball much around, so I guess...sluggish?
I think the main problem was the gap was too big bwteen the switch leafs. Now its actually worth something shooting into the pops in stampede, or actually managing to save timmy

Yes! I swapped out the spoons and tweaked the switch gaps. Crazy active pops now. I love it!

#1826 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Spitter mode and Stampede - anyone else feel like these modes are a waste or am I doing it wrong? Seems very similar, just hitting random targets which likely result in drains.

For Spitter you want to hit the three red targets in the left side. For Stampede you can hit any target but your best shot is to put the ball into the pops.

#1827 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone know where I can buy the 6.0 Rom?

Johnwartjr

#1828 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

They are totally different modes...spitter mode requires you to hit the spitter targets on the left. Stampede is a frenzy mode when any switch scores points (best to go for pops, but they're hard to reach).

Edit: What Chad said.

#1829 8 years ago

yeah I know they're diff tech but essentially hit targets. Poppers for my are death valley. Seems like I always drain.

#1830 8 years ago

Hey guys.

I will be in the Jurassic Park Club very soon. Some of you might know me because of my Terminator 2, Indiana Jones and White Water reorchestration work that I did for the Pinsound-Board.

You might like to hear that I started working on Jurassic Park. I'm planing on replacing all the music with (fitting) parts of the OST, replace and add new speechsamples from either the movie and also professional voice-over artists, replace a whole lot of the FX and so on.

Since I want this in my game soon I hope to finish this rather sooner than later so please stay tuned.

#1831 8 years ago

Awesome news! Keep in mind that Chad's Jurassic Park code update makes use of several new callouts.

#1832 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Awesome news! Keep in mind that Chad's Jurassic Park code update makes use of several new callouts.

Yes I know, I will be using that one on my Pin.

Working on the music. Will watch the movie tonight with pen and paper and find all the quotes that I want for the game.

#1833 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Yes I know, I will be using that one on my Pin.
Working on the music. Will watch the movie tonight with pen and paper and find all the quotes that I want for the game.

"Shoot her! Shooot her!"

I can't believe they didn't incorporate that into the game.

#1834 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

"Shoot her! Shooot her!"
I can't believe they didn't incorporate that into the game.

I'm surprised it's got as much as it does considering that this machine was in development way before the movie came out. But Data East probably had a lot more clearance to work on it, since there were no social media sites at that time to leak all the info.

#1835 8 years ago

Yikes. JP 4k by xmas.

#1836 8 years ago

This will have as many Callouts from the movies as I feel are fitting to the situation/mode.

#1837 8 years ago

Some off the top of my head:

Drains:
"Our lives are in your hands, and youve got BUTTA FINGAS??"
"Clever girl"
"They should all be destroyed"

System failure
"Fences are failing all over the park"

Save timmy
"Noo tim"
"Big tim the human piece of toast"
"Timmy! Timmy!"

Raptor 2 ball
"Theyre inside"
"Raptor screech noises"

Feed trex
"Whats a matter kid, never had veal before?"
"Hes going to eat the goat?"
"Wheres the goat?"

#1838 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yes! I swapped out the spoons and tweaked the switch gaps. Crazy active pops now. I love it!

what spoons did you swap them with? just new ones or different make/model? my pops are the least satisfying part of my JP

#1839 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

what spoons did you swap them with? just new ones or different make/model? my pops are the least satisfying part of my JP

Try some basic Williams spoons.

#1840 8 years ago

I also heard Williams spoons work very well. Which is nice considering you only need to stock one type of part for Williams, Data East, and Sega.

#1841 8 years ago

I used the Williams style spoons.

#1842 8 years ago

My pops rock....ask chris rock what he did to them. Tons of action, no drains.

#1843 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

This will have as many Callouts from the movies as I feel are fitting to the situation/mode.

Looking forward to this. Just upgraded my speakers as well as the re-decal. I just needed to replace the cool sleeves in my pops to get them more active. Will be ordering a new pinsound board when that file goes up on the community forum.

#1844 8 years ago

So I've cut all the samples from the movies. 73 Samples without all the announcer ones that are not in the Movie.

Now looking for someone to do those. Could actually be anyone who has the equiptment. I'd find someone over here but I'd rather have a native speaker.

#1845 8 years ago

Isn't the announcer John Arnold from the movie? There are various other game-specific quotes from other actors.

#1846 8 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Really looking forward to this

#1847 8 years ago

I foresee a world where we have a Jurassic Park with:

1) Updated code (done!)
2) Updated T-Rex model (done!)
3) Updated ramp gate (done!)
4) Updated sound (in progress)
5) Color DMD (maybe? hopefully?)

Wow... a JP with all those things would be amazing!

#1848 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I foresee a world where we have a Jurassic Park with:
1) Updated code (done!)
2) Updated T-Rex model (done!)
3) Updated ramp gate (done!)
4) Updated sound (in progress)
5) Color DMD (maybe? hopefully?)
Wow... a JP with all those things would be amazing!

Seriously....killing my checkbook.

If color DMD comes out...wow, this game is gonna be out of control.

Like I said, 4k by xmas.

#1849 8 years ago

You forgot:
6) EnerGI Maestro (done!)

I just bought my JP. But I'm seeing a lot of cash soon going into this game

If I had known that I would get this game I would have bought the updated T-Rex. Guess I'll have to wait and see if he will make another batch.
If they release a ColorDMD I would have to buy it directly though... Who needs to eat right?

#1850 8 years ago

Geez, even more! Not sure I NEED that GI maestro though for $115....

So.

Updated Code: $0 (thanks chad)
Trex - $400
Updated Gate - $80/$280 depending on which you go with
Updated Sound - $99 for FF speakers, $340 for PS board
Color DMD (maybe) - $399

Wow, if you pick up a decent example of JP for $2500, add all these mods, you're potantially sitting on a $4018....and I was just taking a stab at the price, lol. Almost spot on! $1518 worth of mods...wow. This hobby man....really sucks you dry if you let it, ha.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 10,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.