65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 203.
#1751 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi IL,
This may help you out. As you can see the spacer is 3/4" and the screw is 1-1/4".
Gord
DSCN3581_(resized).JPG

Thanks man!

#1753 8 years ago

does anyone know the coil # for data east games that is less powerful than the standard 090-5020-030? Is it just 090-5020-020?

#1754 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

does anyone know the coil # for data east games that is less powerful than the standard 090-5020-030? Is it just 090-5020-020?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-relative-strength-of-de-flipper-coils

RM

#1755 8 years ago

Had this Sound Dynamics 17" sub sitting here from our old Theater set up, figured who better than T-Rex to make use of it!

Man, Looking at this Pic, the game is filthy! I'll have to get on it!

20160219_122232_(resized).jpg20160219_122232_(resized).jpg

#1756 8 years ago

Not sure if this is obvious for others but I thought my flippers were too strong as they were just rebuilt BUT after changing out the type of posts by the ramp, the shots work perfectly (no balls taking off) and I still have a ton of power. Never knew the post material could make that big of a difference.

#1757 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure if this is obvious for others but I thought my flippers were too strong as they were just rebuilt BUT after changing out the type of posts by the ramp, the shots work perfectly (no balls taking off) and I still have a ton of power. Never knew the post material could make that big of a difference.

Ah, yep. That was my problem too. I had Super Band posts. At the Chicago Expo, I picked up some Cliffy Posts, and it's made ball hop almost non-existent.

#1758 8 years ago

Does anyone make or know where I could get playfield plastics for this game? pretty much all of mine are broken

#1759 8 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone make or know where I could get playfield plastics for this game? pretty much all of mine are broken

At the present time they are not available. I believe that they are on the to do list at CPR, but not sure where they are in their queue.

Gord

#1760 8 years ago

Sorry if it upsets the purists, but did a redecal of my cab just to make it more modern.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1761 8 years ago

Looks good! Where'd you get 'em?

#1762 8 years ago

Looks great!

#1763 8 years ago

I really like the worn look of the yellow area and overall do like it... but it is driving me slightly insane that the completely wrong dino is on it.

#1765 8 years ago

Isn't that the logo from JP III? Totally different movie!

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

but it is driving me slightly insane that the completely wrong dino is on it.

Overall I like it, but I agree with this. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Everyone's entitled to do what they want with their own games, but I never understand when I see stuff like this. Why go through the trouble of making up new JP cabinet decals if you're not even going to put dinos that are from the actual movie? Why aren't the dinos a T-REX and raptor?

I guess my other complaint would be that it's the same dino, just mirrored, but I think that may actually be par for the course with some of the stuff Stern churns out now.

#1767 8 years ago

I thought this may stir things up a bit. The chap who did it for me does these free of charge in his spare time - and checks exactly what you want. I'm not into the movies/paleontology that much to notice, just thought it looked aesthetically pleasing. I'm sure Stuzza would welcome feedback if you ever wanted to give him some, nice guy playing around with graphics. It's sort of turned into a "have a look at my game and see if you can spot the errors" now. Still love playing it, probably my favorite DE (I've owned BF and Tommy).

#1768 8 years ago

I like it !
Nice to see some changes

#1769 8 years ago

So which switch would be going bad for this scenario? This only happened once, and I haven't been able to replicate it again yet.

Had two balls kicked into the shooter lane at the start of ball 2. I couldn't launch the balls with the trigger, and the kicker to kick the ball into the shooter lane kept going off. I was able to launch them with the right flipper button though.

I ended up getting tri-ball shortly after the were launched into play, and after tri-ball started, all seemed to work normal.

Not sure what that switch is called, but wondering if it was the one that lets the machine know there's a ball waiting to be kicked to the launcher lane? Maybe it was stuck in a pressed state? But why would the coil that lets balls pass, pass another ball to that staging area?

#1770 8 years ago

I really dont hate that decal, its pretty sweet. I agree though, why did you put indominus rex on there? LOL.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So which switch would be going bad for this scenario? This only happened once, and I haven't been able to replicate it again yet.
Had two balls kicked into the shooter lane at the start of ball 2. I couldn't launch the balls with the trigger, and the kicker to kick the ball into the shooter lane kept going off. I was able to launch them with the right flipper button though.
I ended up getting tri-ball shortly after the were launched into play, and after tri-ball started, all seemed to work normal.
Not sure what that switch is called, but wondering if it was the one that lets the machine know there's a ball waiting to be kicked to the launcher lane? Maybe it was stuck in a pressed state? But why would the coil that lets balls pass, pass another ball to that staging area?

Yeah, I've had that happen a few times. I still have all kinds of trough problems. That's trough #7 and a good place to start - also check the shooter lane switch.

#1772 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I really dont hate that decal, its pretty sweet. I agree though, why did you put indominus rex on there? LOL.

That was the DNA that was found in the mosquito in the amber of my particular game.

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I didn't uncover any issue. However since then, I did receive a call from Rottendog. They seem like they are willing to work with me to get things working. The first "homework" I had was to ground the transformer on the MPU board. Looking at the schematic this was Q30. Grounding Q30 caused the raptor pit coil to fire. I'll try to keep posting here for anyone with a similar problem.

Sorry for the long delay in posting. Kind of a boring fix anyway. I had to ship the board back to Rottendog. They replaced transistor Q30 and things are now working. I have to replace a ball trough switch and sling switch and then my complete project Jurassic Park will be working. After all the board fixes or replacements, I think I'd have been better off just buying a working machine. Still, at least there is another working Jurassic Park.

EDIT: Oh, I also have to install Chad's new code.

#1774 8 years ago

So I got the screw and spacer in today but turns out my game doesn't have a place for the screw to screw in. It's bizarre bit it looks like a different mounting plate for it. Not sure how I can fix it now

#1775 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

So I got the screw and spacer in today but turns out my game doesn't have a place for the screw to screw in. It's bizarre bit it looks like a different mounting plate for it. Not sure how I can fix it now

Hi IL,

In the photo below there is a RED oval which circles the screw/spacer which is screwed into a metal mount that holds the plastic subway ramp in place. Please take a nice clear photo of this area on your game so that we can see this area on your game.

In post #1748 you took a photo, but it is out of focus and doesn't clearly show the area that the screw goes into. Are you saying that you don't have a metal threaded mounting point for your plastic subway ramp?

Gord

TREX_Subway_Spacer_(resized).JPGTREX_Subway_Spacer_(resized).JPG

#1776 8 years ago

You may need to wiggle the ramp a bit to get it properly positioned to align with the receiving screw threads.

#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Overall I like it, but I agree with this. That would be a deal breaker for me.
Everyone's entitled to do what they want with their own games, but I never understand when I see stuff like this. Why go through the trouble of making up new JP cabinet decals if you're not even going to put dinos that are from the actual movie? Why aren't the dinos a T-REX and raptor?

I'm looking to get something similar made up but you do raise a good point but i havn't found any suitable T-rex replacements

#1778 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

That was the DNA that was found in the mosquito in the amber of my particular game.

Buuuuut they made him, they didnt find his DNA...whatevs though, to each their own. Just looks weird. Maybe make a indominus skin for your trex now!

#1779 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi IL,
In the photo below there is a RED oval which circles the screw/spacer which is screwed into a metal mount that holds the plastic subway ramp in place. Please take a nice clear photo of this area on your game so that we can see this area on your game.
In post #1748 you took a photo, but it is out of focus and doesn't clearly show the area that the screw goes into. Are you saying that you don't have a metal threaded mounting point for your plastic subway ramp?
Gord
TREX_Subway_Spacer_(resized).JPG

Yeah I do not have a metal threaded mounting point for the subway. Ill take a picture on my lunch break. I tried to upload one yesterday for that post from my phone but it kept failing to load it up.

#1780 8 years ago

Yeah I do not have a metal threaded mounting point for the subway.

Guessing you're mis-aligning the subway? Like Gordon said, it's hard to see from your photo, but the rest of the trex assembly looks exactly like everyone elses. Maybe there's something already screwed into it? It'll look like a little nub to the left of where the motor mounts. Or maybe it's somehow completely snapped off? That'd suck for sure.

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Guessing you're mis-aligning the subway? Like Gordon said, it's hard to see from your photo, but the rest of the trex assembly looks exactly like everyone elses. Maybe there's something already screwed into it? It'll look like a little nub to the left of where the motor mounts. Or maybe it's somehow completely snapped off? That'd suck for sure.

i not sure but there is not a single place in any way I could move the subway were there is a spot to screw anything in. im guessing it snapped off. ill get a picture on my lunch break. I live really close to work and have an hour so hopefully i am mistaken but im pretty sure there is no spot to screw it in, also the screw size gordon provided are not long enough to touch any part of the mounting plate so that makes me feel like the spot has snapped off or was never there.

#1782 8 years ago

Here are the photos I grabbed with my phone. Sorry if they arent great, it was hard to get it to stay in focus. Anyways, I still am unaware of any place to mount this

20160223_113558_(resized).jpg20160223_113558_(resized).jpg20160223_113536_(resized).jpg20160223_113536_(resized).jpg20160223_113525_(resized).jpg20160223_113525_(resized).jpg20160223_113529_(resized).jpg20160223_113529_(resized).jpg

#1783 8 years ago

Opps. edit. maybe i'm wrong.

Pay no attention to me.

#1784 8 years ago

Here are the photos I grabbed with my phone. Sorry if they arent great, it was hard to get it to stay in focus. Anyways, I still am unaware of any place to mount this
20160223_113558_(resized).jpg20160223_113536_(resized).jpg20160223_113525_(resized).jpg20160223_113529_(resized).jpg

Hi IL,

Those are much better photos, but I still do not see the threaded metal mount that should be there. Did it break off or is your mounting plate somehow missing this or perhaps it is hidden by the metal chute in the subway?

Take a look at your photo below. I have circled the area on your photo that should contain the threaded metal mount. I have also included the photo of my mounting plate with the threaded metal mount circled so that you can see the difference.

In your photo part of the metal mounting plate is obstructed by the metal chute in the subway. You may need to remove this chute/subway to get a complete photo that shows the entire surface of the metal mounting plate.

Gord

IL_Subway_(resized).jpgIL_Subway_(resized).jpg
DSCN3443_(resized).JPGDSCN3443_(resized).JPG

#1785 8 years ago

You'll also see the chute on Gordons is right up against the hole that it drops from. Your's is resting on the gear box. So your alignment is a little off.

The only other mounting location is against the VUK. But there is also a tab that the subway slips into. I think that's connected to the power shed drop area.

#1786 8 years ago

Alright thanks, hopefully the post is inside the subway, ill check it out this evening. I am having some people over to play games after work, ill try figure it out before anyone shows up.

#1787 8 years ago

So there isn't anything in the subway. There is zero spots for the screw to go. I'll post pics tomorrow or later tonight

#1788 8 years ago

Here are some photos of the non existence of my screw post

20160224_181955_(resized).jpg20160224_181955_(resized).jpg20160224_182004_(resized).jpg20160224_182004_(resized).jpg20160224_182034_(resized).jpg20160224_182034_(resized).jpg

#1789 8 years ago

20160224_181955_(resized).jpg20160224_182004_(resized).jpg20160224_182034_(resized).jpg

That blows big time. Your metal mounting plate that holds your electric motor doesn't have the threaded metal stub to secure the subway ramp to. It doesn't appear that one was there and somehow broke off either. This dang issue must be driving you a bit crazy.

I don't know what your next step is at this point. There are some smart people who read these threads so perhaps someone skilled in metal fabrication can chime in with a suggestion.

Gord

#1790 8 years ago

That's weird. Has to be an aftermarket addition, right? Wonder if Data East used that housing for another game, and modified the box for JP, and something went bad along the way, and replaced it with the part from the other game?

Strange issue.

#1791 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
This is what a JP gear box should look like. Note the raised spot for motor to mount and the subway screw.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
Looks like what is in IL's machine. Or one very similar. This is a striker extreme

#1792 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

image_(resized).jpeg
This is what a JP gear box should look like. Note the raised spot for motor to mount and the subway screw.
image_(resized).jpeg
Looks like what is in IL's machine. Or one very similar. This is a striker extreme

Hi Bill,

I think you are onto something there. It looks like the part in IL's game is not the correct part for JP.

So he would need to replace that part then if it is available. It seems like at some point in time an incorrect part was substituted on his JP. That is a bummer.

Gord

#1793 8 years ago

Yeah total bummer. The ball dropping thru past the subway into the bottom of the cab happens maybe once every 200 times he eats it, its not a huge deal in the house, I could never put this game on location tho lol. I guess I will just live with it for now, looks like the part is $89 on Marcos. Thanks everyone for the input

edit: actually the one listed on marcos doesnt look to have the threaded post either lol

#1794 8 years ago

edit: actually the one listed on marcos doesnt look to have the threaded post either lol

That's good to know. Probably what happened.

I bet you could figure a way to secure it to the motor mount screw. How about duct tape (not the adhesive)? That metal ribbon with all the holes in it? It's called Duct something. Cut a piece of that about the length from the motor mount screw to where it should be mounted to. Use your space and screw you already have, and use a nut to screw the metal ribbon to it. It would be better than having it free floating.

#1795 8 years ago

I'd bet a substantial ZIP TIE across the end of the subway, somehow secured to the bottom of the playfield might suffice as a workaround to hold it in place.

#1796 8 years ago

I drew out what I was thinking.

8337e96a-a66e-4222-8b66-3a6badb35d32_(resized).jpeg8337e96a-a66e-4222-8b66-3a6badb35d32_(resized).jpeg

#1797 8 years ago

Very nice idea, woody! That would work well.

#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Very nice idea, woody! That would work well.

+ 1, something like that looks like it would work.

Gord

#1799 8 years ago

That would be way better than a broken "can not get" subway.
Looks like Steve has them. $110
http://www.pbresource.com/motor.html#de

#1800 8 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

That would be way better than a broken "can not get" subway.
Looks like Steve has them. $110
http://www.pbresource.com/motor.html#de

Steves part number is the same as Marcos and the picture doesnt show the bracket. Could just be an incorrect photo. If I decide to order one I will clarify from the vendor that it does indeed have a mounting location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.