Topic Stats

• 7,149 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7149 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 143.
#1251 4 years ago

Will check if he is on center switch and report back soon.

#1252 4 years ago

ok... Some progress.

So, last night I re-flowed all the relays, re-seated connectors etc. Had no luck. However this morning. I go into settings and i AM ABLE TO move him left & right. I get him to stay on CENTER. exit settings. "I still have switch failure" But he works! SORTA... He doesn't go down far enough to get the ball into his mouth. Could the little rubber skirt that is near the hinge be binding on something?

EDIT: I removed the rubber skirt. and chest... HE EATS THE BALL I dont know what happened over night...

#1253 4 years ago

Had our annual tournament last night and JP was in the lineup sporting the new 6.0 unofficial code. I had it set on IFPA tournament mode so Stampede was still the first mode. I got several comments on the changes and didn't hear anything negative. The new random skill shot threw off a few people. The extended Raptor Pit save time was appreciated. And I did get a couple comments on the LAH promo since nobody had seen it before.

#1254 4 years ago

Just joined the club!

20151026_183424.jpg

#1255 4 years ago

I think i know the answer before I even ask this question but ... does anyone have a good source for the speaker panel brackets on a JP?

Seems these are made from unobtainium so my guess is that I will have to make something myself.

#1256 4 years ago

Off Topic (sort of)

I just wanted to thank John Wart from That Pinball Place.

I ordered the new JP rom set from him on Friday, and they arrived today (Monday). Fast service and a reasonable price.

Thanks again John

-W

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think i know the answer before I even ask this question but ... does anyone have a good source for the speaker panel brackets on a JP?
Seems these are made from unobtainium so my guess is that I will have to make something myself.

I never found any aftermarket brackets. I managed to screw some L brackets onto mine that work. It seems like a part a 3D printer could do.

#1258 4 years ago

You've updated your game with the new 6.00 code and you are loving it?... then go update your rating!

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/jurassic-park/ratings

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

You've updated your game with the new 6.00 code and you are loving it?... then go update your rating!
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/jurassic-park/ratings

Done. Popped-in the update just yesterday. Thanks Chad!

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Here is a video of GoodToBeDad's ramp Gate mod... but being controlled by a PIG 2.
Why control it with a PIG 2??? I mentioned this in another thread but I'll paste it here:
The problem with the lamps on the JP gate are that they are off all the time. The only time they ever come on is to flash with Bone Busting mode and with Victory mode. Other than that, they are off. Even in attract mode, they stay off.
Here's where the PIG 2 comes in. The PIG 2 is highly customizable. One of the functions it can do is "invert" an output. This means that when something is on, it is inverted to be off... and when something is off, it is inverted to be on.
This is PERFECT for the JP gate lamps. Now, instead of the lamps always being off, they are on... and when the Bone Busting or Victory mode are played, they flash off and on (instead of on and off, but same result).
And this is just using one of the INs and one of the OUTs of the PIG 2. There are three more INs and three more OUTs plus two servo controllers (perfect for controlling a movable gate door?) for other mods.
» YouTube video

Chad, I love this gate mod. Any clue what became of PIG 2? As far as I can tell it is discontinued. Any legitimate replacement? Old stock??

Thanks!

#1261 4 years ago

I made a video review and basic installation guide for the Loopcombo.com scoop mod. If you are on the fence about purchasing a set for your Jurassic Park then I highly suggest you watch the video in glorious 1080p 60fps HD...it will def convince you! A pretty awesome addition that is essential for any Jurassic Park pin!

#1262 4 years ago

Just installed the v6 roms. And noticed some issues. the VUK ball eject is now much weaker where it has a very hard time ejecting the ball. "I even changed coil strength from normal to hard". Also T-Rex seems to move much slower now. He also was working before the rom update. He now sometimes doesn't find center and wont eat the ball. If I re-set him in settings and play he will. Seems now it has a different testing mode on boot and it moves less in comparison to v4 cpu rom.

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

#1263 4 years ago

You were on V4 before? Sounds like they made those changes in v5, because I notice no difference in those things from the latest official code to v6.

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Any clue what became of PIG 2?

I'll probably be putting together another run of the PIG 2 during the dark days of winter coming ahead.

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Just installed the v6 roms. And noticed some issues. the VUK ball eject is now much weaker where it has a very hard time ejecting the ball. "I even changed coil strength from normal to hard". Also T-Rex seems to move much slower now. He also was working before the rom update. He now sometimes doesn't find center and wont eat the ball. If I re-set him in settings and play he will. Seems now it has a different testing mode on boot and it moves less in comparison to v4 cpu rom.
Am I the only one who has experienced this?

V4 may have been before Data East fixed the t rex. Originally, he moved back and forth quickly, but it was found to quickly burn out the motors moving him, so they slowed him down. We did not touch the T Rex other than allowing for the secret boot past him during start up. Coil strength is also unaffected by the update.

We purposely didn't change anything that affects the mechs of the machine.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

V4 may have been before Data East fixed the t rex. Originally, he moved back and forth quickly, but it was found to quickly burn out the motors moving him, so they slowed him down. We did not touch the T Rex other than allowing for the secret boot past him during start up. Coil strength is also unaffected by the update.
We purposely didn't change anything that affects the mechs of the machine.

Sounds like the changes I notice are just from such a huge gap between versions. At some point they prob changed the voltage to the coils from v4 to v5.xx. I also am predicting my t-rex center switch is funky so I am just going to replace it. As for the ball eject, prob a new plunger and or stronger coil. That said, thank you VERY much for this new version. I am already enjoying the new features.

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

I made a video review and basic installation guide for the Loopcombo.com scoop mod. If you are on the fence about purchasing a set for your Jurassic Park then I highly suggest you watch the video in glorious 1080p 60fps HD...it will def convince you! A pretty awesome addition that is essential for any Jurassic Park pin!
» YouTube video

Hey Joe! Thanks for the great video and the kind words I'm glad you are pleased with the mod. It is cool to hear you say that you're not typically a fan of mods but you like this one because it feels like it should have been there from the factory. This is exactly my ethos when designing mods.

Just a note that the bunker bracket is shaped to go around the inside/left-hand-side of the lamp stand. If you look at the instruction flyer that came in the box you'll see the photo showing it. No big deal though — you can bend the wire yourself so you can position these however you like

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I'll probably be putting together another run of the PIG 2 during the dark days of winter coming ahead.

sweet! I'll need to keep a look out

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

Thanks dk, I'll definitely be watching out for that. Love the flexibility that module provides!

Winter is coming!

#1270 4 years ago

Sooo... I had a broken ramp. Cant find the ramp anywhere. So, it is glued back together with some supports under the ramp. But it is SO ugly.

*I sanded down the top of the ramp after it was glued.

*I first printed the blue and green. Then I printed the black on top of the blue and green with a laser printer. Sorta like a modern screen-printing. Then I mylared the decal

Put down the decal, trimmed the edges. and BOOM! It looks like it came out of the factory

glass on

Camera and the shitty cold lights I have in this room make the colors on this decal look strange. But it is the same color blue and green pulled from one of the plastics near by.

#1272 4 years ago

Sooo... I had a broken ramp. Cant find the ramp anywhere. So, it is glued back together with some supports under the ramp. But it is SO ugly.
*I sanded down the top of the ramp after it was glued.
*I first printed the blue and green. Then I printed the black on top of the blue and green with a laser printer. Sorta like a modern screen-printing. Then I mylared the decal
Put down the decal, trimmed the edges. and BOOM! It looks like it came out of the factory
glass on

Looks great, nice job!

#1273 4 years ago

Will be modding the JP to fit a colorDMD soon. Thinking YELLOW, or hook it up to one of my RGB sound controllers. When the cab shakes or high bass it will change color. The topper I am making is going to blow your mind... One hint,... It will have motors... And a rather large motor. Already have most of the parts ordered.

#1274 4 years ago

Does anyone know if you can still buy the plastic things that the display board hooks on to the backbox? Mine are both broken.

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from galaga50:

Does anyone know if you can still buy the plastic things that the display board hooks on to the backbox? Mine are both broken.

I looked a few years back and never found any. I ended up bending a piece of aluminum for that piece. I bought one of those pieces of about 2' long aluminum that they have in various sizes at Lowes. There was one that was the right width/thickness that I cut a length off of and bent the end 90 degrees in a vice to make a piece like the plastic one that I had on the other side (only one of mine was broken). It has held the DMD display board firmly in my machine for over a year now. I think something like this, or finding a machine someone is parting out, are your choices.

Ross

#1276 4 years ago

Great idea on covering up that ramp fix

Have you guys seen the video on fixing ramps with Bondic BTW?

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I looked a few years back and never found any. I ended up bending a piece of aluminum for that piece. I bought one of those pieces of about 2' long aluminum that they have in various sizes at Lowes. There was one that was the right width/thickness that I cut a length off of and bent the end 90 degrees in a vice to make a piece like the plastic one that I had on the other side (only one of mine was broken). It has held the DMD display board firmly in my machine for over a year now. I think something like this, or finding a machine someone is parting out, are your choices.
Ross

Thanks - great idea. In fact Williams machines have metal brackets. I'll make something similar as you described.

#1278 4 years ago

Some people asked for the decal for the ramp. The design is nothing special all I did was copy it from another plastic. If you want to get nuts you can put whatever you want in the mask that I created in the PSD. What I did was:

TO APPLY:
1. remove cap
2. remove screw holding ramp down
3. sand/clean surface. Rubbing alcohol.
4. position the decal all the way till it is flush with the back and follow the curve with the ramp..
5. Push down and apply.
6. Take an exacto knife and trim.

THE DECAL:
1. Printing on decal paper. gloss or semi-gloss.
2. Before you cut your decal apply mylar on top. Use something smooth and hard like the handle of your scissors. apply a ton of preassure all over the decal.
3. Trim the decal

ZIP: http://jean-luc-picard.com/decal/Jurassic_Park_Ramp_Decal.zip

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

I notice your "T-REX LEFT-RIGHT" is disabled. But that said, cant wait to get mine in the mail Thanks for the vid!

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

... A pretty awesome addition that is essential for any Jurassic Park pin!

Am I the only one that don't like that scoop mod?

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

Am I the only one that don't like that scoop mod?

You rather have lights that just dangle?

#1282 4 years ago

You rather have lights that just dangle?

Yes. To me it looks more like the fence from the movie and gives the game an "emergency feeling" when lit IMO.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

Yes. To me it looks more like the fence from the movie IMO.

valid point... but then it should look like the fence from the movie and not sockets that dangle from a pinball machine So maybe an alternate mod for you in the works. To me, the stock lights in this case look like something is broke or missing.

I could see this as a very nice mod as well. A panel that looks like iron with hardware that looks like this: jurassic_park_perimeter_fences02.png

I think I will rock this mod for a bit and toy with the idea of (3 miniature fences with JP hardware) I decided I am done buying pins. So all I have left is to mod and pimp these machines that I have to he point where I can never sell them even if I tried as they will be so damn expensive I will never find a buyer.

#1284 4 years ago

I am not into super duper moding a game but I prefer this mod with the amazon skulls: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/5#post-1158802

...it fits perfect. You might need a closer look to realize something is different on the playfield. I like that, it's a good sign for a good mod IMO.

#1285 4 years ago

just wait for the mod I am building. lol... It will be crazy, trust me...

#1286 4 years ago

.. One hint,... It will have motors... And a rather large motor. Already have most of the parts ordered.

ROOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!! ????

Can't wait to see it

#1287 4 years ago

just wait for the mod I am building. lol... It will be crazy, trust me...

Do you have the DNA or workin on it??

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-08/15/9/enhanced/webdr09/enhanced-16990-1408108052-2.jpg

#1288 4 years ago

3 miniature fences with JP hardware

now THAT would be cool. Remove any little plastic blocking pieces and have the fences instead

#1289 4 years ago

...add some tension wires from Bunker to Control Room and make them look cunning between Control Room and Power Shed. So the ball moves from the wire crossover ramp through the fence just like the T-Rex in the movie. ^^

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

Just joined the club!
20151026_183424.jpg

Welcome to Jurassic Park

#1291 4 years ago

Grrrrrrrrr!!

derpyTRex.jpg

#1292 4 years ago

Awesome, I think that may be my new mod for my Rexie since after boards and gates I'm broke. lol And I do have googly eyes on the translite and the 6' pink rex skeleton on the wall beside my JP.

#1293 4 years ago

All my parts are currently being shipped. And a few other parts I have to find yet but should not be a problem. Once I get all the parts I have a great deal of work ahead of me. Some parts need some engineering.
I also need to address some flasher issues before I start building the mod. I notice the flasher behind the mosquito and the two on top of the cabinet don't work bulbs are fine. Or, do they not work in flasher test?

#1294 4 years ago

Does anyone have the plastic shown in the pic in post #1291 above? Its the large plastic that covers the "egg" captive ball and is under the mosquito plastic? If you have an extra I'd love to buy it from you. Mine is cracked in half. Thanks.

#1295 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the reflector for the topper? I have the original topper, but just lights in front of it. Are these anything special or should I just build one?

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Anyone know where I can get the reflector for the topper? I have the original topper, but just lights in front of it. Are these anything special or should I just build one?

Its just a bent piece of sheet metal, mine had a little surface rust so i painted it up. Just make one, or any furnace place could make you a better one than the original in 5 minutes.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Just a bent piece of metal. Mines rusty as hell.

#1298 4 years ago

I also need to address some flasher issues before I start building the mod. I notice the flasher behind the mosquito and the two on top of the cabinet don't work bulbs are fine. Or, do they not work in flasher test?

I just checked. The mosquito and cabinet top flashers do fire during flasher tests. On mine, one of the 3 non-flasher lamps on top stays ON. Need to fix that.

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I just checked. The mosquito and cabinet top flashers do fire during flasher tests. On mine, one of the 3 non-flasher lamps on top stays ON. Need to fix that.

Hmm, wonder where I start to figure out why these 3 flashers are dead. Also, all 3 of my non-flashers are always on.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Just a bent piece of metal. Mines rusty as hell.

Haha ok thanks guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 7149 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside