Opto Board 6 Ball (resized).jpg
s7switch (resized).jpg
JP Teeth (resized).jpg
IMG_6560.gif
S7 (resized).jpg
clubtax (resized).jpg
jplefslingshot (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 209.
#10301 58 days ago
Quoted from Thegamerskunk:

I meant to say right slingshot my bad lol

Nudge it!

System Failure is cool!

#10302 58 days ago

Anyways, i reached System Failure today!

Nice! it is a fun wizard mode.

I meant to say right slingshot my bad lol

Just get in the habit of that upward nudge whenever it hits that sling...

#10303 57 days ago

I'll see if i can get the correct size for those rubbers

#10304 56 days ago

Rightio, team...

Where is the best place in Australia to buy a replacement power supply board from?

#10305 56 days ago
Quoted from ThePinballPirate:

Rightio, team...
Where is the best place in Australia to buy a replacement power supply board from?

Top left power supply board i have some xpin ones

#10306 55 days ago

Hi!

To those who has pimped their game with these plastic palm trees; how to you fasten them to the game in a way so that they can easily be removed if the next owner don't like them?

/J

CaptureJPpalm (resized).PNGCaptureJPpalm (resized).PNG
#10307 55 days ago
Quoted from Preacher:

Hi!
To those who has pimped their game with these plastic palm trees; how to you fasten them to the game in a way so that they can easily be removed if the next owner don't like them?
/J
[quoted image]

Lol, next owner.

#10308 55 days ago

Challenging, brutal and with just enough DMD animation interactions to have a quick swig of beer.

It's a keeper for me too!

#10309 55 days ago

I got all the rubber parts i need now for the left outlane

#10310 55 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:Challenging, brutal and with just enough DMD animation interactions to have a quick swig of beer.
It's a keeper for me too!

Its also just a solid nostalgia piece for me all around. I remember playing DEJP in a restaurant bar as a kid. My friends and family all love the movie. I know you can hack the new jp to make it have clips, but it will never have that crummy dennis nedry hand, or the poor samuel l jackson impersonations. It just hits right for me.

#10311 54 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Its also just a solid nostalgia piece for me all around. I remember playing DEJP in a restaurant bar as a kid. My friends and family all love the movie. I know you can hack the new jp to make it have clips, but it will never have that crummy dennis nedry hand, or the poor samuel l jackson impersonations. It just hits right for me.

Fred Young does make a decent enough impression of Alan Grant, i mean, you can tell (or in this case hear) that its supposed to be Alan talking.

#10312 54 days ago

Fred Young does make a decent enough impression of Alan Grant, i mean, you can tell (or in this case hear) that its supposed to be Alan talking.

If you plan on keeping your DE JP, save your Krona and get a Pinsound+!

Endprodukt did a great job using sound clips from the movie in his custom file. I prefer the DE JP OST Hybrid sound file based on Endprodukt's work.

Put in some cheap full range speakers from Amazon in the head and an 8" in the lower cab. It now sounds huge with lots of low end too.

#10313 54 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

If you plan on keeping your DE JP, save your Krona and get a Pinsound+!
Endprodukt did a great job using sound clips from the movie in his custom file. I prefer the DE JP OST Hybrid sound file based on Endprodukt's work.
Put in some cheap full range speakers from Amazon in the head and an 8" in the lower cab. It now sounds huge with lots of low end too.

I don't have any problems with the audio or anything, i just said that it sounds kinda like him

#10314 53 days ago

Question...if I enter diagnostics, the "all lamps on" or "show lamp rows" or "show lamp columns" is always dark.

However in gameplay, the lamps do work correctly...so I'm taking this as a red flag that something's off. Any idea? Thanks!

#10315 53 days ago
Quoted from jpdefan:

Question...if I enter diagnostics, the "all lamps on" or "show lamp rows" or "show lamp columns" is always dark.
However in gameplay, the lamps do work correctly...so I'm taking this as a red flag that something's off. Any idea? Thanks!

That's odd. Note that page 28 of the manual under "Lamp Tests" requires using the Game Start push-button switch for the column and row tests.

#10316 50 days ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

That's odd. Note that page 28 of the manual under "Lamp Tests" requires using the Game Start push-button switch for the column and row tests.

My unit is probably gaslighting me. It did that once and then it never did that again so I'm going to chalck this up as a software glitch of sorts...

Well, here's another issue..again with my unit gaslighting me.

Sometimes the "S" scoop doesn't work. Then the next day or so I open everything up, go into diagnostic mode and it works again. And it works fine for days then it randomly does it so.

I also have the "Dino!Dino!Dino!" bug sometimes, so something's wrong with my switch matrix. Today I was playing and as the S scoop wasn't working, I was in skill shot and the game registered a "herrasaur" click (making me fail the skill shot with the ball still in the launcher, lol).

I think all of this is connected and if my switch matrix / dinodinodino bug understanding is correct, it's because there's the "not used" switch in this square I outlined looking at the various issues.

I never have issues with the t-rex center nor the herrasaur. The T-rex always eats the ball fine and the herrasaur switches always register the hit.

Should I just replace the S scoop switch, should I investigate something on the board, or am I off completely? Thanks!

switchmatrix (resized).pngswitchmatrix (resized).png
#10317 50 days ago

Is this a new machine for you? If so, first try reseating the ROMs and look for any improvement on the intermittency issues. Are you running Chad 6.0?

#10318 50 days ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Is this a new machine for you? If so, first try reseating the ROMs and look for any improvement on the intermittency issues. Are you running Chad 6.0?

It's my first pin, had it for 6 months or so. I've reseated the roms but today the S scoop doesn't want to work. Thanks for the tip though!

I'm running 5.1x, I know 6.0 fixes the "dino!dino!dino!" bug via software but if there's an hardware issue I'd like to fix that.

#10319 50 days ago

Connectors are often cursed devils in hiding, especially on older machines. Check your schematic for which ones would be likely suspects, but inspect all of them anyway for visible burns or even the slightest toast. At the very least, re-seat them if you haven't already. I've also had success re-flowing connector pins (both sides of pcb). More work, so save for last. And get the 6.0 - cheap and easy.

#10320 50 days ago

Well, I think I fixed the S scoop.

Diagnostic, ejected ball, put it in the scoop -> didn't register.

I lifted up the playfield, clicked the switch, it registered. I bent the metal pin a bit I think simply it didn't go all the way down, now it seems to always register. Huh.

I still have the "dino!dino!dino!" bug to figure out but overall it's getting more and more playable

#10321 49 days ago

I'm asking for club members suggestions and help on this one. I'm looking to do a full restore on my JP which has been in storage for a long (long) while. When doing the stocktake of what parts I need to order so I can start the process - one part, the 'Wire Gate Assembly (535-5625-00)' is missing, and is also 'unobtainable' from suppliers. I have no idea why the previous owner would remove it as well as the switch that is mounted on that assembly, and clipping all wires that supported the switch? As this part is currently 'unobtainable' I am asking the group if they know of a similar gate assembly with switch that can be modified, or if someone has a used one in their stash that they wouldn't mind parting with I'd be very interested in it.

#10322 49 days ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

I'm asking for club members suggestions and help on this one. I'm looking to do a full restore on my JP which has been in storage for a long (long) while. When doing the stocktake of what parts I need to order so I can start the process - one part, the 'Wire Gate Assembly (535-5625-00)' is missing, and is also 'unobtainable' from suppliers. I have no idea why the previous owner would remove it as well as the switch that is mounted on that assembly, and clipping all wires that supported the switch? As this part is currently 'unobtainable' I am asking the group if they know of a similar gate assembly with switch that can be modified, or if someone has a used one in their stash that they wouldn't mind parting with I'd be very interested in it.

I think the manual may be incorrect here. Are you sure you have the right part number? The PF parts diagram on page 35 lists three "wire gates" in that upper left section of the game, but mine has only one (#29 - "wire gate with switch bracket"). That part number is 535-5960-00. See the photo. If you're missing a gate, is this the one you need?

gate 535-5960-00 (resized).jpggate 535-5960-00 (resized).jpg

#10323 49 days ago

I have posted a picture of the part that is missing, and yep I got the part number wrong, as it is 535-5694-00. Either way it is unobtainable from any suppliers, so the only option is to modify something else, or try to find a used one which will also be impossible.

Wire Gate & Switch Bracket 2 (resized).jpgWire Gate & Switch Bracket 2 (resized).jpg
#10324 49 days ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

I have posted a picture of the part that is missing, and yep I got the part number wrong, as it is 535-5694-00. Either way it is unobtainable from any suppliers, so the only option is to modify something else, or try to find a used one which will also be impossible.[quoted image]

This is not far off from what you need. Be creative. That's what we do in this crazy hobby.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9587

#10325 46 days ago

Both my right side flippers started working intermittently but ultimately stopped working all together. I checked the flipper board and found broken fuse clips, which I repaired. This did not fix my problem, so I ordered a Rottendog flipper board and installed. Still no upper or lower right flipper. All fuses are good. I looked for loose connections to no avail. Anybody ever experience this problem, or can tell me where to look next?

Many thanks,

Frustrated

#10326 46 days ago
Quoted from weasel671:

so I ordered a Rottendog flipper board and installed. Still no upper or lower right flipper.

This may not be your problem, but that rottendog replacement has been known to have issues.

In particular, check that your Q1/Q2/Q3 transistors are 2n3906s. More info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-flp023-data-east-flipper-board-issue

EDIT: Did you rule out the flipper button leaf switch stack by checking in switch test?

#10327 43 days ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

I have posted a picture of the part that is missing, and yep I got the part number wrong, as it is 535-5694-00. Either way it is unobtainable from any suppliers, so the only option is to modify something else, or try to find a used one which will also be impossible.[quoted image]

You will have to learn to bend piano wire. Here are few random threads I have googled.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wire-bending-a-gate
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wire-bending-tools-needed-who-sells-nice-ones
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-making-new-bsd-left-mist-gate

edit: I am sorry, I misunderstood that the bracket is also missing. Try to find a substitute like what fixintoplay said. Scroll through marco gates

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-6736-00
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-7613-02
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-9654-3

#10328 43 days ago

I just joined the club!!! Moved the colordmd from my gladiators and added in the 6.0 code! What a huge improvement!!
20240608_162010 (resized).jpg20240608_162010 (resized).jpg20240609_141554 (resized).jpg20240609_141554 (resized).jpg

#10329 38 days ago

My unit is cursed

It worked a few weeks after my last repair, but during gameplay today the left slingshot locked in, followed immediately by a burning smell. Immediately turned it off, turning on the machine makes the left slingshot lock in immediately.

Since it's my first time messing with the CPU board, I think I should look at Q10 (if I've learned to read a bit the schematics), it might be shorted? I tried moving the coil manually with the machine off and at least it's not melted as it moves smoothly. But I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should look into before messing with the cpu board?

jplefslingshot (resized).pngjplefslingshot (resized).png

I haven't showed off my unit after the help I received so far, so here's a picture from when my left slingshot used to work

clubtax (resized).jpgclubtax (resized).jpg

At least I have the weekend ahead to test out things...

how often do you guys have to make a repair? Because I've been doing basically a repair every 2 weeks since I got my unit and I'm wondering if it's normal or if I was simply scammed

#10330 38 days ago
Quoted from jpdefan:

My unit is cursed
It worked a few weeks after my last repair, but during gameplay today the left slingshot locked in, followed immediately by a burning smell. Immediately turned it off, turning on the machine makes the left slingshot lock in immediately.
Since it's my first time messing with the CPU board, I think I should look at Q10 (if I've learned to read a bit the schematics), it might be shorted? I tried moving the coil manually with the machine off and at least it's not melted as it moves smoothly. But I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should look into before messing with the cpu board?
[quoted image]
I haven't showed off my unit after the help I received so far, so here's a picture from when my left slingshot used to work
[quoted image]
At least I have the weekend ahead to test out things...
how often do you guys have to make a repair? Because I've been doing basically a repair every 2 weeks since I got my unit and I'm wondering if it's normal or if I was simply scammed

Check the diode on the coil for the left slingshot first.

Make sure no wires got pinched with all the "glass off" time too. I've managed to pinch a wire or two.

My DE JP was "working" when I got it but it had been in storage.

Stripped the playfield and gave it a good cleaning and tightened all the screws that had worked themselves loose over the years.

At one point after the first 4-6 weeks of owning it I thought "what a mistake" due to all the little issues. I was getting tired of pulling the glass all the time.

But after replacing aging switches and getting everything dialed in it has played without any real issues since.

Killer game for the money.

Jealous of the new ChadH code Batman Forever, they actually changed the flashers to reduce the blinding effect when using LEDs.

Any of you guys that have the Davi ball trough Opto Board like to see it have a little friend?

S7 (resized).jpgS7 (resized).jpg
#10331 38 days ago

Reposting one of the best pinball gifs ive made. Long live dejp!

IMG_6560.gifIMG_6560.gif

#10332 38 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Check the diode on the coil for the left slingshot first.

Right, after all something must be making that smell coming from the slingshot area. Thanks!

Reposting one of the best pinball gifs ive made.

Your T-Rex is terrifying I'm not sure I'd be able to play with that thing on the loose!

#10333 38 days ago
Quoted from jpdefan:

Your T-Rex is terrifying I'm not sure I'd be able to play with that thing on the loose!

Its the proper rex. The stock one is so bad. Some times I pull it out to do a comparison.

#10334 38 days ago

A dino must have teeth!

There are a few mods still available for JP and teeth are worth it. I altered the teeth mod a little from intended and painted teeth on the meteal part so no ball interference.

Available mods;

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jurassic-park/shops/specific

JP Teeth (resized).jpgJP Teeth (resized).jpg
#10335 37 days ago
Quoted from RetroG33K:

I just joined the club!!! Moved the colordmd from my gladiators and added in the 6.0 code! What a huge improvement!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome, your game looks incredible!

#10336 37 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

A dino must have teeth!
There are a few mods still available for JP and teeth are worth it. I altered the teeth mod a little from intended and painted teeth on the meteal part so no ball interference.
Available mods;
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jurassic-park/shops/specific[quoted image]

Looks cool! But i think i’ll stick with the goofy ah metal teeth

#10337 37 days ago

[quoted image]

How!! That looks insane!

#10338 37 days ago

I notice my game doesn't kick out the ball all the time. Especially during the multiball modes. I seen their is an issue with the trough switch not detecting the ball. Any other tips? I was looking for a new switch but have been unable too so far.

#10339 37 days ago

Patience….the solution is on the horizon.

See post 10330 above.

#10340 36 days ago

Fixed my slingshot, it was indeed Q10 shorted. Someone also messed with it before and left such a mess, I had solder in the hole and I had to swear a bit to get the old one out!

Quoted from RetroG33K:

I notice my game doesn't kick out the ball all the time. Especially during the multiball modes. I seen their is an issue with the trough switch not detecting the ball. Any other tips? I was looking for a new switch but have been unable too so far.

That was my first fix I did on my unit!

What you have to check is the 7th switch of the through, 100% is what you say. It's a known issue with this through setup (JP, TftC) from what I've read. The switch doesn't click well especially when there's two balls coming at the same time, e.g. during chaos. Try bending the metal part before you replace the switch.

s7switch (resized).jpgs7switch (resized).jpg

bending it made it slightly less worse but I ended up buying a replacement. I managed to find a replacement on pinball.center if I recall correctly. Works perfectly fine!

#10341 36 days ago
Quoted from jpdefan:

Fixed my slingshot, it was indeed Q10 shorted. Someone also messed with it before and left such a mess, I had solder in the hole and I had to swear a bit to get the old one out!

That was my first fix I did on my unit!
What you have to check is the 7th switch of the through, 100% is what you say. It's a known issue with this through setup (JP, TftC) from what I've read. The switch doesn't click well especially when there's two balls coming at the same time, e.g. during chaos. Try bending the metal part before you replace the switch.
[quoted image]
bending it made it slightly less worse but I ended up buying a replacement. I managed to find a replacement on pinball.center if I recall correctly. Works perfectly fine!

Thanks man! Going to take a look today. Also, do you remember the link for the replacement?

#10342 36 days ago

What you need is 180-5118-00 (see page 71 of the manual, since it's incorrectly listed as 180-5119-00 in the switch list on page 27)

Pinball Center: https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/electronics-parts/switches/8600/microswitch-0180-5118-00
Best of Pinball: https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=15942

I'm in the EU so I generally buy from these two sites, eventually also this one popped out from my initial research

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/28078

but it looks like you need to bend the blade manually (not that it should be a big deal though)

#10343 36 days ago
Quoted from jpdefan:

What you need is 180-5118-00 (see page 71 of the manual, since it's incorrectly listed as 180-5119-00 in the switch list on page 27)
Pinball Center: https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/electronics-parts/switches/8600/microswitch-0180-5118-00
Best of Pinball: https://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=15942
I'm in the EU so I generally buy from these two sites, eventually also this one popped out from my initial research
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/28078
but it looks like you need to bend the blade manually (not that it should be a big deal though)

Tried the one from macro and it doesn’t always register especially CHAOS and System Failure.

The opto switch is the silver bullet.

#10344 36 days ago

[quoted image]

This Gif is worth an Oscar of its own

#10345 36 days ago

Something i just noticed yesterday is that on the official rule card the game came with, in the section about Chaos, the first time its spelled correctly but the second time it says ”Choas”

#10346 36 days ago

Hi Guys - I'm having an issue where on startup, my JP keeps going into ball search, claiming that a ball is missing. In the past, I've corrected the issue by turning off the game, taking the balls out of the machine, and reloading them. However, it keeps happening. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can fix the issue? I assume a switch is sticky or problematic? Cheers and thanks so much for helping out!

#10347 35 days ago
Quoted from jackl:

Hi Guys - I'm having an issue where on startup, my JP keeps going into ball search, claiming that a ball is missing. In the past, I've corrected the issue by turning off the game, taking the balls out of the machine, and reloading them. However, it keeps happening. Does anyone have any recommendations for how I can fix the issue? I assume a switch is sticky or problematic? Cheers and thanks so much for helping out!

Test the 6 trough switches in the switch test

#10348 35 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Tried the one from macro and it doesn’t always register especially CHAOS and System Failure.

Is the opto switch being made?

#10349 35 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Eh, to each their own I guess: I'd rather just change the switch (but I'm a stickler for having the machine as original as possible), the opto looks nice but feels a bit overengineered to me. Anyways I changed my switch months ago and worked perfectly well so hopefully I won't have this problem again for quite a while!

Something i just noticed yesterday is that on the official rule card the game came with, in the section about Chaos, the first time its spelled correctly but the second time it says ”Choas”

My playfield says "1 MISSLE PER GAME"

#10350 35 days ago
Quoted from jpdefan:

Eh, to each their own I guess: I'd rather just change the switch (but I'm a stickler for having the machine as original as possible), the opto looks nice but feels a bit overengineered to me. Anyways I changed my switch months ago and worked perfectly well so hopefully I won't have this problem again for quite a while!

My playfield says "1 MISSLE PER GAME"

If there was a switch that worked properly I’d use it.

They don’t make or sell the original switch any longer.

Option switches are used on modern games. Are they “over engineered “?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 10,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 209.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.