Topic Stats

• 7,952 posts
  • 456 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,924 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B3CD736D-E139-4A09-9E4F-CEED000D8C73 (resized).jpeg
A9E6B421-8E64-4C76-9A0D-4039059A9229 (resized).jpeg
7682E1A8-B581-40E7-98F0-0B78A3DC5F30 (resized).jpeg
46FDB81E-87D6-49CF-AAB5-BA24EB02CFF4 (resized).jpeg
D3E8BE42-0F89-4B68-AD91-85F8288B0E57 (resized).jpeg
ED39B6D6-98CB-46E2-ADEC-2D44ED830DC9 (resized).jpeg
66B54217-F432-455A-82E7-BC60BC57263F (resized).jpeg
3A5D1E27-58F6-42D7-83F6-8605C919CE46 (resized).jpeg
2B299C17-CE23-4CD0-A3AB-3D8621F91811 (resized).jpeg
294E6FA6-0998-41F7-92A5-D5CCF779FC29 (resized).jpeg
3675D77A-A058-4138-95A3-4F5B63EE4CD0 (resized).jpeg
407C57DB-1522-4AC0-BA14-4E80D62965BF (resized).jpeg
5061404C-F0D9-42DD-8C69-51C057CB1385 (resized).jpeg
power supply 3 (resized).png
20200623_174237 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 8.31.48 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7952 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 160.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you own a Jurassic Park and an EPROM programmer and you would like to patch your own personal game then go here:
http://www.pinballcode.com/
Instructions are provided for you to do this. Do not contact me to purchase ROMs as I cannot sell them.
There is a full list of changes available on the website as well.

That was rather sudden but appreciated nevertheless. Just need to find someone with an EPROM programmer now. Would be interesting to hear from people who test the code.

Is the main thread for the code gone? Can't find it.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is the main thread for the code gone? Can't find it.

Best to just discuss it here.

#953 4 years ago

K. It's slightly unclear from the patch notes, but I assume "None" on electric fence mode and "Feed T-Rex" mean that there's no longer a fixed time limit, not that the modes are gone.

Anyway, even if it's unlikely that I'll be playing the code soon, it's really helpful to read how the modes actually work now ...

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

K. It's slightly unclear from the patch notes, but I assume "None" on electric fence mode and "Feed T-Rex" mean that there's no longer a fixed time limit, not that the modes are gone.

This just means that there are no changes to the rules in those two modes. Same timer and scoring as always.

#955 4 years ago

Thanks Chad. Grabbing the code now! TFTC code too. Thanks for your work with this. Hope nothing happened to sour you on your work!

#956 4 years ago

Great code!

#957 4 years ago

so the code is finally out? This is big news no? Apparently you need a EPROM programmer though or does only one person and then they can send the updated rom to us? Need to know what I need and how to do this as I plan on getting a JP soon. Thanks (especially Chad)

#958 4 years ago

Thanks for the code update, Chad! Looking forward to it!

#959 4 years ago

I'd be more than happy to donate for time and materials to get the new updated roms since I don't have a burner.

Thanks Chad! !

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

We need to rally to get color DMD to get this game done.

unlikely as they havn't done ANY DE games ... yet.

Quoted from ChadH:

If you own a Jurassic Park and an EPROM programmer and you would like to patch your own personal game then go here:
Instructions are provided for you to do this. Do not contact me to purchase ROMs as I cannot sell them.

FANTASTIC! I have a JP on the way from interstate.

I'll have 2 games running chad improved code (star wars de also).

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'd be more than happy to donate for time and materials to get the new updated roms since I don't have a burner.
Thanks Chad! !

I would donate too...

#962 4 years ago

Hopefully there's someone out there who already has a burner and is willing to do some burning and distribution. If no one comes forward during the next couple of days, I'm happy to buy a burner and split actual cost between the number of people are interested. Everyone should also make a donation to Chad on top of what you pay to cover burning materials costs to thank him for making all the great information available and sharing his personal efforts with the community. I'll be doing so when I get my ROMs installed.

#963 4 years ago

looks like lots of tweaks/fixes. I don't own a JP, but I just made rom images and will definitely install the new roms in every JP we send out to our customers. I do this already with the star wars software.

#964 4 years ago

i am out of town, but i will burn this when i get back this week and see how it goes.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Hopefully there's someone out there who already has a burner and is willing to do some burning and distribution. If no one comes forward during the next couple of days, I'm happy to buy a burner and split actual cost between the number of people are interested. Everyone should also make a donation to Chad on top of what you pay to cover burning materials costs to thank him for making all the great information available and sharing his personal efforts with the community. I'll be doing so when I get my ROMs installed.

I'll be glad to program these at my regular rates. Through the end of October, I'll donate $2 to pinside per set purchased.

Please make sure you send Chad something to show your appreciation!

#966 4 years ago

Has anything been changed with the attract mode? Didn't see anything in the log, so guessing not. Just seems that a couple insert lights were forgotten about when the lights cycle through. Some don't light one direction, and other don't light the other direction. When I got my machine, I used the attract mode to see which bulbs were burnt out. Took me a minute to realize that they didn't light some times.

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'll be glad to program these at my regular rates. Through the end of October, I'll donate $2 to pinside per set purchased.
Please make sure you send Chad something to show your appreciation!

Thanks John, donation sent to Chad H. for updating this code.

Gord

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Congratulations on finding a way to release the code!

Everyone should give it a try. I especially like the random starting mode. No more go go go go go every game!

For anyone looking into DIY burning, the GQ-4X is a very capable programmer that has taken anything I have thrown at it. You'll also need a UV eraser to erase EPROMS.

#969 4 years ago

Great news for every JP owner!

Thank You a lot Chad.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

For anyone looking into DIY burning, the GQ-4X is a very capable programmer that has taken anything I have thrown at it. You'll also need a UV eraser to erase EPROMS.

I have both of these things, very easy to use.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Could someone pm me if they could burn the update for me? I can PayPal ya!

#972 4 years ago

I'm really impressed with the JP and TFTC rewrites. Perhaps a little more communication from now on would ease some speculation on progress. Maybe just a post that says "still here" every 4 or 5 months or something. I left it a long time ago figuring it was dead, good thing the thread was bumped again or I would have no idea. Otherwise your work is nothing short of spectacular, and hope you continue on with it. I'll be installing both of these updates in our games, that's for sure.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Could someone pm me if they could burn the update for me? I can PayPal ya!

Read post # 965 in this thread. Contact John Wart for your ROM request.

Gord

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Read post # 965 in this thread. Contact John Wart for your ROM request.
Gord

Thanks. Got it. Payment sent!

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Perhaps a little more communication from now on would ease some speculation on progress.

There were reasons. Regardless, no one owes anything on these, I'm just SUPER happy they got out!

What do you like about them?

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Thanks. Got it. Payment sent!

Good deal, John does a great job with ROM burning and ships super fast and the ROM chips are labeled very professionally with the version number which is really nice. I think I have had John supply me ROMS for all of my games. Maybe I should have gotten an EPROM burner 8 years ago, but I don't regret using John's ROM service one bit.

Gord

#977 4 years ago

I donated and will donate again once my JP is back together

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Has anything been changed with the attract mode? Didn't see anything in the log, so guessing not. Just seems that a couple insert lights were forgotten about when the lights cycle through. Some don't light one direction, and other don't light the other direction. When I got my machine, I used the attract mode to see which bulbs were burnt out. Took me a minute to realize that they didn't light some times.

Hi Woody,

Did you ever hear if the attract mode lighting has changed with the ROM update or is it merely coincidental and something else is causing your issue?

Gord

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Thank you so much for doing this Chad! Cant wait to check out the differences. Where can I make a donation to you for your efforts, just on the pinballcode website?

#980 4 years ago

@ChadH have you thought about or are you able to add a ball save for the egg / mosquito? Much like the Raptor Pit, it will sometimes shoot the ball straight back between the flippers if it's hit with reasonable velocity.

@ anyone in UK ... anyone got a ROM burner?

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Woody,
Did you ever hear if the attract mode lighting has changed with the ROM update or is it merely coincidental and something else is causing your issue?
Gord

Never heard. And am pretty sure it's the software. I went back and watched Chad's video talking about the change he made with the tri-ball, and you can see in the video the "H" in CHAOS doesn't light when the lights are cycling one direction, but does in the other direction. There's a few lights like this.

#982 4 years ago

No adjustments have been made to the attract mode light show. Any lamps that didn't light in older versions will behave the same in the patched version.

Best way to test your lamps is via the lamp test in the Diagnostics.

#983 4 years ago

ROM ordered and donation sent. Appreciate all your effort Chad!

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Never heard. And am pretty sure it's the software. I went back and watched Chad's video talking about the change he made with the tri-ball, and you can see in the video the "H" in CHAOS doesn't light when the lights are cycling one direction, but does in the other direction. There's a few lights like this.

I am running the newest sanctioned version of the ROMS (CPU 5.13, Display 5.10) and during attract mode the 'H' in CHAOS doesn't always light up when the lights cycle. When the lights cycle from left to right it does often light the 'H', but not always and when the lights cycle from right to left it doesn't light the 'H' even though other CHAOS lights are lighting.

I believe that this is the standard functionality of the standard ROMS and since Chad's ROM updates are built upon the newest version of the standard ROMS I believe that his ROMS will act the same with regards to attract mode lighting functionality.

Gord

#985 4 years ago

What's weird is on my machine the lights above the Jurassic park entrance doors at the right ramp entrance don't light during attract mode and either do the two lights above the right scoop hole. During test mode those lights work fine.

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

What's weird is on my machine the lights above the Jurassic Park entrance doors at the right ramp entrance don't light during attract mode and either do the two lights above the right scoop hole. During test mode those lights work fine.

That is normal functionality with the following ROM versions for JP.

CPU 5.13
Display 5.10

I don't know if it worked differently with older ROM versions or not, but with the ROM versions listed above that is standard functionality.

Gord

#987 4 years ago

I'd have a hard time justifying something in attract mode as bug or a game enhancement. It's kind of original art.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

CPU 5.13
Display 5.10
I don't know if it worked differently with older ROM versions or not, but with the ROM versions listed above that is standard functionality.
Gord

Yup that's my version. That's really good to know because I thought I F'd something up when I was shopping it! Thanks!!

#989 4 years ago

Burning code now!

#990 4 years ago

Need help. Shopping a friends jp the raptor pit cool not working. I'm guessing it's toast cause the plastic above it is brown. I must be blind but see nothing in manual on solenoid page about which transistor drives it or any other info

Thanks for any help

#991 4 years ago

Is anyone else having trouble with the T-Rex diagnostics not being skipped when holding the trigger button?

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is anyone else having trouble with the T-Rex diagnostics not being skipped when holding the trigger button?

It will not work until you have played at least one full game. I should note that in the change log.

#993 4 years ago

WOW!!! This is an exciting day for JP owners. I just ordered the ROMS and sent a donation to Chad. As a group would the JP owners be interested in chipping in to buy Chad something? I don't have a lot to spare, but if we all chip in something we could buy him something cool.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

CPU 5.13
Display 5.10
Gord

In attract mode should any inserts be lit. Both inlanes on mine are on. Thinking bad transistor

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

In attract mode should any inserts be lit. Both inlanes on mine are on. Thinking bad transistor

Both in-lanes are tied to the GI

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Both in lines are tied to the GI

Thanks.

Just need help with raptor coil now

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Both in lines are tied to the GI

Yes, Slim64 is correct as was also mentioned a few months ago by Chad H. in post # 21 in this same thread. I also had the same question 3 months ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club?tq&tu=ChadH#post-2526802

Gord

#998 4 years ago

how do you make a donation to Chad H?

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from hawk370:

how do you make a donation to Chad H?

Here you go.

Click on the 'Donate' button on the upper right hand side of the screen.

Gord

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

@ChadH have you thought about or are you able to add a ball save for the egg / mosquito? Much like the Raptor Pit, it will sometimes shoot the ball straight back between the flippers if it's hit with reasonable velocity.

That's part of the fun / challenge of that mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
$ 15.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Machine - For Sale
Mars, PA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 7952 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 160.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside