IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 203.
#51 10 years ago

When it rolls over it properly, it does click. It's as if the switch is providing too much resistance and the ball isn't heavy enough to depress it sometimes.

#52 10 years ago

I don't know, the balls are heavy, I doubt if it were making proper contact that it wouldn't be heavy enough to close it. I think it's a different problem....as I stated before.

Does your game give you missing ball errors?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

When it rolls over it properly, it does click. It's as if the switch is providing too much resistance and the ball isn't heavy enough to depress it sometimes.

If you manually push the arm of the switch down, does it go all the way down? Does it do so without too much resistance? I guess you can compare it to the next one in the line. I'm wondering if the arm is bent up too much.

#54 10 years ago

When operated manually, it /seems/ fine. When I got it the arm was bent so I tried straightening it like the others to fix it, but it didn't help. Then I saw the dent in the trough, so I filed that out and it still didn't help. I do not get missing ball errors, only drain recognition. I suppose if I left it like that and turned it off/on, it would give me a missing ball.

#55 10 years ago

The switches that DE used and Stern still uses are crap and problematic. I usually just replace the diode if I am having problems. That solves a lot of them, then if not just replace the switch.

For that ball trough problem like you are having, it could very well be a bad switch and it isn't 'giving way' easy enough.

#56 10 years ago

Picking mine up on Saturday.

#57 10 years ago

I bent mine for a while which helped a bit, but didn't solve it completely. A new switch had the correct amount of "give". Not guaranteeing results, just sharing what worked (and didn't work) for me.

#58 10 years ago

I've got to order some other stuff so I'll pick up a new switch too. Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll let you know how it goes.

#59 10 years ago

Have you gone into switch test diagnostic and checked it out?

#60 10 years ago

The switch works fine, when the ball rolls over it. If you look at the picture, you can see the ball isn't rolling all the way onto the switch. That's the problem.

#61 10 years ago

Well, then replacing the switch isn't gong to work is it, but if you've flattened the 'dent' and the switch still doesn't activate what can it be?

It has to be something, but yet your saying everything works, that's just not possible.

#62 10 years ago

My current theory is that the switch button itself (not the arm) is gummed up and providing too much resistance for a slow rolling ball to depress it. If I open the coin door, and bump the ball onto the arm where it's supposed to lay, the switch depresses and activates fine. If I press the arm myself with my finger, it <i>seeems</i> to work fine.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

My current theory is that the switch button itself (not the arm) is gummed up and providing too much resistance for a slow rolling ball to depress it.

Good theory. Replace the switch.

See similar switch issue here:

#64 10 years ago

I'm picking up my New to collection Jurassic Park tomorrow. Looking forward to feeding some Rex.

#65 10 years ago

So after putting a bit of time in on my newly acquired Hook, I'm now familiar with a feature that I really wish JP had: a left outlane kickback coil.

I tend to lose way more balls to the left outlane than to the right due to the opening being larger since the other side has a mini post. Seems like a kickback would really save the day. Oh well, just the dreams of a terrible JP player...

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I tend to lose way more balls to the left outlane than to the right due to the opening being larger since the other side has a mini post. Seems like a kickback would really save the day. Oh well, just the dreams of a terrible JP player...

You can add a post there. There is a mark for one. I added one to improve the game play, but also to protect that plastic behind it.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

You can add a post there. There is a mark for one. I added one to improve the game play, but also to protect that plastic behind it.

Yeah, I see the dimple for it. I guess I feel like adding one in would be considered damaging the playfield. I'd have to check, but isn't there a dimple for a center post, too?

#68 10 years ago

I'd have to check, but isn't there a dimple for a center post, too?

I don't see a dimple for a center post. But a center post wouldn't be protecting anything. I didn't want the plastic by my outlane to crack.

#69 10 years ago

That's just part of Jurassic Park, glass smashing outrage from a left outlane drain!

Seriously though, doesn't that shit piss you off!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

That's just part of Jurassic Park, glass smashing outrage from a left outlane drain!
Seriously though, doesn't that shit piss you off!

I swear, I sometimes just want to put a rubber band across the left outlane and close it off!

#71 10 years ago

Ok, total DE noob question here... The rail system on this machine really sucks compared to Williams of the same era. Do you really have to completely lift the back end of the PF to put it back into the cabinet?

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Ok, total DE noob question here... The rail system on this machine really sucks compared to Williams of the same era. Do you really have to completely lift the back end of the PF to put it back into the cabinet?

Dude, totally thinking the same thing. I just picked up my JP last week and have had to fix a few small issues and I was thinking what a total PIA this is.

#73 10 years ago

I cracked the plastic above the shooter lane last time trying to put it back in and that told me I must be doing something wrong.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You can push down on the front of the playfield to lift the back up, but I wouldn't recommend it. I have long arms so it's not an issue for me to just lift it up.

#75 10 years ago

I swear, I sometimes just want to put a rubber band across the left outlane and close it off!

So after putting a bit of time in on my newly acquired Hook, I'm now familiar with a feature that I really wish JP had: a left outlane kickback coil.

I found that instead of permanently altering my playfield I simply put a 3/16 ring around the topmost lane guide post (whatever you call them). Easy to put on, fit really well and did a good job of making the outlanes a little less brutal.

#76 10 years ago

I just got a JP and have a question. Does your right flipper when pressed show on the switch test? Mine does not but the flipper works.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All new Sterns are like this as well. Drives me effin' crazy. I work on my ST or LotR I just get irritated then I go work on my Judge Dredd and it is like working on a Cadillac. Not Stern/DE bashing, I just wish they would have come up with a better solution.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I just got a JP and have a question. Does your right flipper when pressed show on the switch test? Mine does not but the flipper works.

When pressing the right flipper button in just enough to fire the lower flipper, it will show on the switch test. Pressing it farther in to fire the upper flipper won't show. At least that's how mine works.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

All new Sterns are like this as well. Drives me effin' crazy. I work on my ST or LotR I just get irritated then I go work on my Judge Dredd and it is like working on a Cadillac. Not Stern/DE bashing, I just wish they would have come up with a better solution.

That's what I was thinking after putting it next to my BSD. Same year of mfr and a world of difference.

So I'm not doing it the hard way? Don't try pushing harder, just be more careful lifting?

#80 10 years ago

I put my hand under the playfield in the back and lift it over that ridge.

#81 10 years ago

Quick question.

Anyone know the story on why thee is no Sam Jackson on any of the art? Is it the same story as Apollo 13 and Tom Hanks?

Would have wanted at least some call out s or something.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Quick question.
Anyone know the story on why thee is no Sam Jackson on any of the art? Is it the same story as Apollo 13 and Tom Hanks?
Would have wanted at least some call out s or something.

Not sure, but there is a callout that says, "Hold on to your butt!" I'm not sure when it it says it during the game. I'm thinking there might be a couple other callouts from the character.

#83 10 years ago

What am I missing here?

IMAG0589.jpgIMAG0589.jpg
#84 10 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

What am I missing here?IMAG0589.jpg 216 KB

I think it just needs a regular screw there. Sometimes the things previous owners did on my games makes me scratch my head or want to punch them in the face.

#85 10 years ago

Your not missing anything there. That is to deter the ball from getting stuck in the corner if it goes flying.

#86 10 years ago

Yeah mine had this standoff here too.

#87 10 years ago

Mine too.

#88 10 years ago

Really? Others have that there? Not sure if mine came that way. I don't see how a ball would get up there, though.

#89 10 years ago

Where there is a will, there is a way. I've been amazed by the places a ball gets stuck.

#90 10 years ago

You are missing the opportunity to mount a raptor to one of the screws.image-539.jpgimage-539.jpg

1 week later
#91 10 years ago

Ok, can someone tell me how to set the time and date on this damn thing. I looked at the manual and gone through the audits, adjustments and diags and can not seem to find it.

#92 10 years ago

Extended adjustments?

#93 10 years ago

There is no Date/Time setting in JP.

#94 10 years ago

As if you would know, Chad. It's not like you've pored over every inch of the raw code …

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

There is no Date/Time setting in JP.

OK, so the time/date when ou turn it on is the rom version date? or when the pin was released? Mine says 8/24/1993

#96 10 years ago

That's the date the rom was released.

#97 10 years ago

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had an extra pair of raptor pit ball guides kicking around? both of mine are broken on the screw tab at the front. I tried some JB weld, but that didn't workout so well.

If no one has any, then the other option is going to have to try and fabricate a pair. Anyone have any experience with that? pretty sure I can do it, but any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

#98 10 years ago

I feel like I need one of these to haul pins in....

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/04/jurassic-park-explorer/

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had an extra pair of raptor pit ball guides kicking around? both of mine are broken on the screw tab at the front. I tried some JB weld, but that didn't workout so well.
If no one has any, then the other option is going to have to try and fabricate a pair. Anyone have any experience with that? pretty sure I can do it, but any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

There was someone on here offering up his actual welding skills for stuff like this. Maybe that's a good option?

1 week later
#100 9 years ago

I can officially now say I own one of these guys! Taken a bit to find it, but I've tried to keep my movie themed pins in my movie themed office. I moved TAF out so people could play it more easily, but my office felt empty with just Cinema. It looks nice next to its new friend. Please ignore the fact that the person that built my house cannot use a level.

Officelit.jpgOfficelit.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.