IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 203.
#9751 1 year ago

Pardon the soccer comment, I’ll check. Thanks!

#9752 1 year ago
Quoted from MMarks3:

Pardon the soccer comment, I’ll check. Thanks!

There is a switch at the entrance of the underground chute.

#9753 1 year ago

possibly looking at getting this great game back in the collection.

What are must have/best mods for the game?

Also I read on a marketplace add that this game can use the pinsound board and a reorchestration for it - I would love get more feedback on this if anyone cares to share

Thanks

#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Also I read on a marketplace add that this game can use the pinsound board and a reorchestration for it - I would love get more feedback on this if anyone cares to share

This is a must have for the game. The John Williams score and callouts from the movie really elevate the game.

I'd also suggest the color DMD - it is very good on this title.

Beyond that, it's up to personal taste. The Loop Combo scoop signs are quite good. You can get upgraded Papo Pteranodons. There are a few gate mods - even a discontinued one that opens and closes. I'd also suggest using a white captive ball for the egg/amber shot. Many people add a barbasol shaving cream can somewhere as well.

#9755 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

This is a must have for the game. The John Williams score and callouts from the movie really elevate the game.
I'd also suggest the color DMD - it is very good on this title.
Beyond that, it's up to personal taste. The Loop Combo scoop signs are quite good. You can get upgraded Papo Pteranodons. There are a few gate mods - even a discontinued one that opens and closes. I'd also suggest using a white captive ball for the egg/amber shot. Many people add a barbasol shaving cream can somewhere as well.

Well colorDMD is a must for me on any game so would definitely do that.

Regarding the pinsound I am guessing you really need new speakers to go with it to not just the stock ones. What about the neo board and all the other stuff they sell? BTW their stuff is pricey ... ouch.

Thanks

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Regarding the pinsound I am guessing you really need new speakers to go with it to not just the stock ones. What about the neo board and all the other stuff they sell? BTW their stuff is pricey ... ouch.

When I bought mine, the prior owner had put in this flipper fidelity kit:
https://flipperfidelity.com/complete-replacement-speaker-system-for-data-east-v3b/
I don't have a before/after but I can say it sounded good and probably worth it over using the stock speakers.

You'll be fine with the Neo board over the plus if you want to save $70 and don't need any of the additional features the Plus adds.

You may need the DE Power Booster. You can just order it and use it (no harm) or you can measure your 12V first and see if you need it.
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/en/41-data-east-power-booster.html#/pinball-jurassic_park_data_east_
Mine didn't have it/need it, but I have read that many do.

#9757 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

When I bought mine, the prior owner had put in this flipper fidelity kit:
https://flipperfidelity.com/complete-replacement-speaker-system-for-data-east-v3b/
I don't have a before/after but I can say it sounded good and probably worth it over using the stock speakers.
You'll be fine with the Neo board over the plus if you want to save $70 and don't need any of the additional features the Plus adds.
You may need the DE Power Booster. You can just order it and use it (no harm) or you can measure your 12V first and see if you need it.
https://www.pinsound.org/shop/en/41-data-east-power-booster.html#/pinball-jurassic_park_data_east_
Mine didn't have it/need it, but I have read that many do.

Ahh ok so its a Neo board or the plus - you don't need both. Got it now.

Appreciate that info

Is the redone file available for public download still?

#9758 1 year ago

Should there be any play n the left and right movement. When the T-Rex gets to the center, you can move him slightly left or right. Seems like there is a set screw to hold him tight. If so, where?

#9759 1 year ago

Should there be any play n the left and right movement. When the T-Rex gets to the center, you can move him slightly left or right. Seems like there is a set screw to hold him tight. If so, where?

#9760 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is the redone file available for public download still?

Yes. This one is very popular:
https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/234-jp-ost-endprodukt/

#9761 1 year ago
Quoted from MMarks3:

Are you having issues with it picking up the ball?

#9762 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

What are must have/best mods for the game?

I recommend flipping through the image gallery for this thread. You can get a look at all the visual mods and see which suit you.

Art blades, signs, things to go in front of the scoop lights, t-rex sign, goats, dinos, shaving cream can, t-rex upgrades, decals, armor, etc.

1 week later
#9763 1 year ago

Trying to help a friend with his jp. The blu/yel wire for the right bottom flipper came off coil and looks like it shorted on the org/purple wire on other side of coil. Blew fuse on flipper board. Replaced fuse and it locked on when flipper button pressed. Flipper board was really hacked so replaced with a new rottendog. Replaced diode and soldered wire back on. Plugged in new board and haven’t started a game but flipper buttons only light up on new board for left flipper and upper flipper. Board lights up for right flipper when eos switch is opened and closed. Seems like the led for the right bottom flipper on the flipper board turned on right away at game startup also. Any direction would be appreciated

#9764 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Trying to help a friend with his jp. The blu/yel wire for the right bottom flipper came off coil and looks like it shorted on the org/purple wire on other side of coil. Blew fuse on flipper board. Replaced fuse and it locked on when flipper button pressed. Flipper board was really hacked so replaced with a new rottendog. Replaced diode and soldered wire back on. Plugged in new board and haven’t started a game but flipper buttons only light up on new board for left flipper and upper flipper. Board lights up for right flipper when eos switch is opened and closed. Seems like the led for the right bottom flipper on the flipper board turned on right away at game startup also. Any direction would be appreciated

Those Rottendog flipper boards have lots of issues. I was pulling my hair out when my new RD board didn't solve the issue. Turns out it had the wrong transistor on it.

I'd suggest reviewing this thread (I think there are others, too) for known issues.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-flp023-data-east-flipper-board-issue

#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

winteriscoming made a badass video on how to take it apart and put it back together. I watched it twice and now I am an expert. Check it out...

Anyone know of another video or tutorial? I have to swap out the 5v motor and am sort of stumped at how to get it apart.

Also, something i've noticed but haven't been able to confirm in any game play videos, the upper flipper doesn't hold, just flips and returns. is that normal?

#9766 1 year ago

hi!

I have a major noise issues with mine, major dmd bizz and a smaller speaker noise. I got one of them speaker hum reducers from Canada and there was a "static burst" burst when I turned on my JP. ChanceJ told me that I probably need to rebuild my power supply. So i tested my +12V and -12V to the sound board and got like 8 and 14 (cant remeber if the plus was 8 or vice versa). (the 5V was like 4,8). Can this be the culprit? Do I need a new power supply card or can I replace any components?

and finally, can this help solve my dmd buzz?

#9767 1 year ago
Quoted from Preacher:

hi!
I have a major noise issues with mine, major dmd bizz and a smaller speaker noise. I got one of them speaker hum reducers from Canada and there was a "static burst" burst when I turned on my JP. ChanceJ told me that I probably need to rebuild my power supply. So i tested my +12V and -12V to the sound board and got like 8 and 14 (cant remeber if the plus was 8 or vice versa). (the 5V was like 4,8). Can this be the culprit? Do I need a new power supply card or can I replace any components?
and finally, can this help solve my dmd buzz?

Haven't experienced this exactly but I did have some odd sound issues thay werent consistent. I did find my power board CN1?(whichever is the 9 pin molex) connector was slightly charred. Replaced the header and connector (along with a crap ton of other idc connectors) and the sound issue is gone. The power board is always suspect if it hasn't been rebuilt

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from ACDNate:

Anyone know of another video or tutorial? I have to swap out the 5v motor and am sort of stumped at how to get it apart.
Also, something i've noticed but haven't been able to confirm in any game play videos, the upper flipper doesn't hold, just flips and returns. is that normal?

Got some pointers from the JP Facebook group. Moving trex down allowed access to the collar screw in the back. Moved fairly smooth from there. Took a bit to sort wiring to be able to disconnect the unit from the playfield.

#9769 1 year ago
Quoted from ACDNate:

Haven't experienced this exactly but I did have some odd sound issues thay werent consistent. I did find my power board CN1?(whichever is the 9 pin molex) connector was slightly charred. Replaced the header and connector (along with a crap ton of other idc connectors) and the sound issue is gone. The power board is always suspect if it hasn't been rebuilt

thanks for the reply, will check my connectors to see if anyone looks charred.

#9770 1 year ago

There is a newer file on Pinsound that that is built off of this one and has more callouts and sounds. It is incredible. I've linked to it on here a couple times but can be found easily on Pinsound... It just doesn't have as many downloads so people skip over it I think.

#9771 1 year ago

Anyone have any memory of removing the 5v left/right motor from Trex? I am attempting to separate the top half with the up/down motor from the bottom half with left/right to access one of the screws that attaches the 5v motor/gearbox.

I removed the e-clip that secures the switch post and the set screw holding the shaft but it doesn't want to separate.

Any input?

20230413_164126 (resized).jpg20230413_164126 (resized).jpg20230413_164137 (resized).jpg20230413_164137 (resized).jpg
#9772 1 year ago

Updated my ROM to 6.0 from Pinballrom.com. Obviously, it resets all of the audits and settings. I cannot find the setting in the menu to change it to free play for home use. Also, any other mandatory settings I need to change? TIA

#9773 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I cannot find the setting in the menu to change it to free play for home use. Also, any other mandatory settings I need to change? TIA

The DE audits/adjustments are confusing because you need to get into the extended section. Hopefully the below helps.

The other adjustment to change is 29 - reset HSTD Every - that stops your high scores from resetting.

The rest are personal/difficulty preference but are pretty good at stock with the ChadH code.

IMG_1323 (resized).jpegIMG_1323 (resized).jpegIMG_1324 (resized).jpegIMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
#9774 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I cannot find the setting in the menu to change it to free play

I have a text file with my notes for the wonky buttons and a list of adjustments I sometimes use:

Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

adjustment 49 attract music = off
adjustment 4 game awards = credit -> Extra ball -> special
adjustment 46 trex eat balls = yes
adjustment 6 limit extra balls 3 -> 0
adjustment 41 tournament => EXPO (resets audits)
adjustment 30 Free Play

#9775 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I have a text file with my notes for the wonky buttons and a list of adjustments I sometimes use:

Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

adjustment 49 attract music = off
adjustment 4 game awards = credit -> Extra ball -> special
adjustment 46 trex eat balls = yes
adjustment 6 limit extra balls 3 -> 0
adjustment 41 tournament => EXPO (resets audits)
adjustment 30 Free Play

Thanks!! What about the match graphics at the end of a game? I have it set to free play now and it doesn’t show the graphic “the T-Rex is loose”. Is there another adjustment for that?

#9776 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What about the match graphics at the end of a game?

No setting that I have seen. It seems the match is disabled in free play.

#9777 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It seems the match is disabled in free play.

Adj.13 Match Percent – Set Match percent from 00% to 10% or OFF. At 00% the match display occurs at the end of the game but never awards a credit.

#9778 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Adj.13 Match Percent

That worked! Added to my notes-

Adjustment 13 Match percent off-> 00%

#9779 1 year ago

I have nearly a full set of JP plastics + protectors available for sale. Includes a few used pieces as well.

$100. Buyer plays shipping or I can bring to allentown.

IMG_1409 (resized).jpegIMG_1409 (resized).jpegIMG_1413 (resized).jpegIMG_1413 (resized).jpeg8ACC23DB-FA37-4D9A-90B8-40917DCDCFAE_1_201_a (resized).jpeg8ACC23DB-FA37-4D9A-90B8-40917DCDCFAE_1_201_a (resized).jpegIMG_1410 (resized).jpegIMG_1410 (resized).jpegIMG_1411 (resized).jpegIMG_1411 (resized).jpeg
#9780 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a original topper and the Marco's remake?

#9781 1 year ago
Quoted from AJGross:

original topper and the Marco's remake?

Originals have sharp well defined T-REX teeth, the remakes have blocky teeth. Also the originals have more dark details in the raised areas, the remakes are more just flat gray in the raised areas. There were some side by side pics posted a few years ago and it's easy to tell the difference if you look for those details.
That being said, I am happy with the my remake topper.

#9782 12 months ago

Posting this here before I list on ebay. Anyone NEEEEED it? Would do for $60 shipped. Looks like there's a couple on ebay for $75+shipping.

Comes with a certificate of authenticity.

PM/DM if interested.

PXL_20230426_130638649 (resized).jpegPXL_20230426_130638649 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9783 11 months ago

Hi everyone - wondering if the control room switch is prone to fail/require replacement?

Have had the game a few years now and all of a sudden the switch almost never activates when a ball goes into the ‘A - control room’ hole. Pressing the switch I can barely hear the click but I thought I’d check with you all as I’ve never had to replace a switch before (in the event this is a bigger issue that I’ve never encountered).

Thanks for your help and advice.

IMG_0009 (resized).jpegIMG_0009 (resized).jpegIMG_0010 (resized).jpegIMG_0010 (resized).jpeg
#9784 11 months ago

Did you put the machine in switch test to see if the switch registers? If it registers, then you need to bend the switch actuator a bit to make it register more consistently when the ball goes over it.

#9785 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Hi everyone - wondering if the control room switch is prone to fail/require replacement?
Have had the game a few years now and all of a sudden the switch almost never activates when a ball goes into the ‘A - control room’ hole. Pressing the switch I can barely hear the click but I thought I’d check with you all as I’ve never had to replace a switch before (in the event this is a bigger issue that I’ve never encountered).
[quoted image][quoted image]

One common issue with that is that the ball actually jumps OVER the switch. The ball goes into the scoop and when it hits the bottom, with the angle of the subway, it bounces over the switch. My machine actually came with a piece of rubber that wont allow the ball to bounce, so I never had that issue before. It was only until I was helping someone else with their JP that I realized what was happening.

So if the switch is actually working when you test it, try to put something at the bottom of the hole that will stop the bounce of the ball.

#9786 11 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

So if the switch is actually working when you test it, try to put something at the bottom of the hole that will stop the bounce of the ball.

Yes. This is part one of the answer (as long as the switch can be activated by hand).

Part 2 is that your machine is missing the recommendation from this service bulletin of putting silicone around the switch to reduce the likelihood of the diode breaking.

https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb43.pdf

Essentially, you need to put goop around the switch to insulate it. It should look like it has chewing gum around it when you’re done.

#9787 11 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Did you put the machine in switch test to see if the switch registers? If it registers, then you need to bend the switch actuator a bit to make it register more consistently when the ball goes over it.

Quoted from woody24:

One common issue with that is that the ball actually jumps OVER the switch. The ball goes into the scoop and when it hits the bottom, with the angle of the subway, it bounces over the switch. My machine actually came with a piece of rubber that wont allow the ball to bounce, so I never had that issue before. It was only until I was helping someone else with their JP that I realized what was happening.

Quoted from scootss:

Yes. This is part one of the answer (as long as the switch can be activated by hand).
Part 2 is that your machine is missing the recommendation from this service bulletin of putting silicone around the switch to reduce the likelihood of the diode breaking.
https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Stern%20Service%20Bulletins/sb/sb43.pdf
Essentially, you need to put goop around the switch to insulate it. It should look like it has chewing gum around it when you’re done.

Thanks all -- the switch has stopped responding during gameplay (whereas it was at least randomly intermittent before), switch test isn't registering so I'll get a new switch and diode from pinball life to install.

Ive never seen a DE JP with a piece of rubber in the control room hole, do you have a pic for reference?

In terms of putting silicone around the switch -- do you have a reference pic for this? I came across a post where someone said they used a hot-glue gun to seal the solder on the switch posts - would that work?

#9788 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Thanks all -- the switch has stopped responding during gameplay (whereas it was at least randomly intermittent before), switch test isn't registering so I'll get a new switch and diode from pinball life to install.
Ive never seen a DE JP with a piece of rubber in the control room hole, do you have a pic for reference?
In terms of putting silicone around the switch -- do you have a reference pic for this? I came across a post where someone said they used a hot-glue gun to seal the solder on the switch posts - would that work?

Check out the photos from the following URL for reference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/193#post-7228986

Explanation for using silicone around the diode

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/194#post-7229431

Gord

#9789 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Yes, I'd just get a new switch. It is one of the most important switches on the machine. Pinball Life has them for cheap.

#9790 11 months ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

Yes, I'd just get a new switch. It is one of the most important switches on the machine. Pinball Life has them for cheap.

Thanks!

#9791 11 months ago

outta curiosity -- 'Silicone Rubber Compound' -- would a few dabs from a glue gun work or is there something in particular I should be using?

#9792 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

outta curiosity -- 'Silicone Rubber Compound' -- would a few dabs from a glue gun work or is there something in particular I should be using?

Do not use a glue gun. It will not provide the shock absorbancy you need and will likely create other problems you don't want. Available everywhere: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Henkel-Waterproof-Sealant-2-7-fl-oz-Gel-Silicone-Multipurpose-Adhesive/5004266381

2 weeks later
#9793 11 months ago

The "pinball room" will soon be the "baby's room." Don't worry, not selling it. Also, no offers, not selling it. Moving to the garage until I can get someone to help me move it to my works' office. They said I could store it here. Will also probably get more play, which will be fun.

We were looking for a new house with a basement, but cannot afford anything in that range right now. So we're holding off.

PXL_20230521_191445927 (resized).jpgPXL_20230521_191445927 (resized).jpg
#9794 11 months ago

Woody - not sure how long you will have to store it, but if it has batteries, don't forget to take them out beforehand.

Have fun with the baby - they will grow up fast.

#9795 11 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Woody - not sure how long you will have to store it, but if it has batteries, don't forget to take them out beforehand.
Have fun with the baby - they will grow up fast.

Thanks!

Already had done the Ram update the second I got it. Was't about to have cheap batteries ruin it for me. But good thought. I did remember to pull the balls out. Not sure if I'm going to keep up upright or take the legs off just yet. Wanted to make sure it was as protected as possible for now.

#9796 11 months ago

I have a collection of plastics - mostly new, some used. Open to offers, happy to ship.

41FEC3D6-83DA-4C8D-8997-4E5B9E90E2BA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg41FEC3D6-83DA-4C8D-8997-4E5B9E90E2BA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8656139F-0F10-4B09-890B-4ABF203E3FD7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8656139F-0F10-4B09-890B-4ABF203E3FD7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg3A4B81E2-921A-48D4-8C6C-9BBDB20CC0B1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg3A4B81E2-921A-48D4-8C6C-9BBDB20CC0B1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8ACC23DB-FA37-4D9A-90B8-40917DCDCFAE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8ACC23DB-FA37-4D9A-90B8-40917DCDCFAE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#9797 11 months ago
Quoted from woody24:

The "pinball room" will soon be the "baby's room." Don't worry, not selling it. Also, no offers, not selling it. Moving to the garage until I can get someone to help me move it to my works' office. They said I could store it here. Will also probably get more play, which will be fun.
We were looking for a new house with a basement, but cannot afford anything in that range right now. So we're holding off.
[quoted image]

Why can't it be the pinball room AND the baby's room?

#9798 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's very forward thinking of you @mr_tantrum, however @woody24's wife likely doesn't agree.

Gord

#9799 11 months ago

For sale NOS TOPPER !! 300,-

location austria

could ship worldwide
shipping to usa about 80,-
shipping to europe about 30,-

8860B6C4-53A9-4108-87B1-B9D7BD58D916 (resized).jpeg8860B6C4-53A9-4108-87B1-B9D7BD58D916 (resized).jpeg90A3A8CD-2D99-4DA6-9176-4406A0D4DFEA (resized).jpeg90A3A8CD-2D99-4DA6-9176-4406A0D4DFEA (resized).jpeg
#9800 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I keep reminding her that the crib and the pinball machine can both fit. She doesn't think they would.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.