65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 203.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:Yes…just went through the diagnostics. All Switches are working. T-Rex is not working. Not all coils are firing either.

Have you checked all fuses? Especially F5 on power board. Weird that raptor pit is firing with flippers otherwise I'd say it's a fuse for certain.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Jurassic_Park_Tech_Chart.pdf

#9702 1 year ago

I had a loose wire/connection on one of my poos causing me grief. TRex would work intermittently, balls would sometimes load to shooter lane, sometimes not.

I traced it down to a common colored wire (in my case red) and went from there.

Good luck!

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

Have you checked all fuses? Especially F5 on power board. Weird that raptor pit is firing with flippers otherwise I'd say it's a fuse for certain.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Tech_Charts/Data_East_Jurassic_Park_Tech_Chart.pdf

Well, well, well…..this is the F5 fuse…I would think it’s burnt…of course I don’t have any replacements. All of the other fuses look ok. Can I order these with Pinball Life?

8C8C2AC9-457E-4370-969A-66C4C6CB70AA (resized).jpeg8C8C2AC9-457E-4370-969A-66C4C6CB70AA (resized).jpeg
#9704 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Well, well, well…..this is the F5 fuse…I would think it’s burnt…of course I don’t have any replacements. All of the other fuses look ok. Can I order these with Pinball Life?[quoted image]

Yes any pinball supplier will have those, if you don't have any fuses at all then I'd order one of their variety packs and some extra random sizes. Make sure you have all fuses sizes for any machines you have listed in that link I sent. Those slow blow fuses can often not look bad at all and be toast. Double check it with your multimeter.

#9705 1 year ago

ScoobaDoo - since you’re ordering fuses and have not figured what what blew it( or them if you’re still troubleshooting), consider ordering circuit breakers of various sizes, too. They really come in handy when troubleshooting. There’s fewer things more irritating than running out of fuses while troubleshooting.

#9706 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Can I order these with Pinball Life?

nearest auto parts or department store

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:nearest auto parts or department store

Ace Hardware is the only place I've ever been able to find mine locally. If they have them it's limited sizes and they are expensive. I'm not in a huge market tho.

#9708 1 year ago

true, slow blow are less common

#9709 1 year ago

Glad you found it! Or at least part of the issue.

#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

ScoobaDoo - since you’re ordering fuses and have not figured what what blew it( or them if you’re still troubleshooting), consider ordering circuit breakers of various sizes, too. They really come in handy when troubleshooting. There’s fewer things more irritating than running out of fuses while troubleshooting.

Great idea!! I found the fuses on Marco’s site but can’t find the circuit breakers. Any other name I should look under?

#9711 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Great idea!! I found the fuses on Marco’s site but can’t find the circuit breakers. Any other name I should look under?

I don't think any of the big guys carry them.

https://www.thepinballscientist.com/product/resettable-fuse-circuit-breakers-for-troubleshooting/24

#9712 1 year ago

These are what I use all the time. Solder each lug to the ends of a blown fuse. (Make sure the fuse is really blown!) They work great and are forever reusable.

https://www.amazon.com/Glarks-Breakers-Protector-AC125-250V-Waterproof/dp/B08PKN3TJD/ref=sr_1_15

#9713 1 year ago

Game is once again functional. Found the problem on the PS.
6AF92AF3-742D-481F-8697-2DABB71231C2 (resized).jpeg6AF92AF3-742D-481F-8697-2DABB71231C2 (resized).jpeg

My front legs are bottomed out.
My back legs are fully extended.
My playfield sits at 6.4 degrees and it’s a float-fest.
Is there any adjustments to how the playfield sits in the cabinet that can be done? Maybe increase the playfield angle inside the cabinet?

#9714 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Game is once again functional. Found the problem on the PS.
[quoted image]
My front legs are bottomed out.
My back legs are fully extended.
My playfield sits at 6.4 degrees and it’s a float-fest.
Is there any adjustments to how the playfield sits in the cabinet that can be done? Maybe increase the playfield angle inside the cabinet?

You are trying to get a steeper angle? You can get longer get longer leg leveling bolts for the rear.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

You are trying to get a steeper angle? You can get longer get longer leg leveling bolts for the rear.

Yea I want steeper angle.
But the leg leveling bolts in the rear are long as they are… even longer one’s feels like it would make for a very unstable pin…
I measured all 4 legs and they are equal lengths.

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Yea I want steeper angle.
But the leg leveling bolts in the rear are long as they are… even longer one’s feels like it would make for a very unstable pin…
I measured all 4 legs and they are equal lengths.

Well the longer levelers are the solution I go with. You can get longer legs or do some crazy stuff
but your problem can be solved for a few bucks. You could put some floor protectors or something under the rear legs too. You don't need to move it up much to make a difference. Take out any nuts that are below the front legs too.

Adjusting how the playfield sits in the cabinet... for sure don't do that .

#9717 1 year ago
Quoted from System-J:

For those who have a Pinsound, I just uploaded a new sound package:
https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/392-ost22-by-system-j/

Just chiming in again on this. I also downloaded the most recent update. This is so damn good man. I gotta believe this is top 3 pinsound packages available, if not the best. This is absolutely worth buying a Pinsound for I'd you don't have one (and Pinsound should get rid of your hum/buzz too). And also recommend either installing a subwoofer in the cabinet or splicing off and adding one underneath. It truly makes the gameplay experience better. If this was the standard sound track this game would be considered one of the all time greats imo.

I'm hearing a few call outs that could use a little volume tweaking, but that's getting picky and into absolute perfection. I've got a notepad by the game and will compile them for a bit. I'll look into doing it myself too and share with you. Ive figured out how to adjust altsound files on my virtual cabinet but not in pinsound yet.

1 week later
#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

F5 fuse blown again…where do I go from here?!?!?

#9719 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

F5 fuse blown again…where do I go from here?!?!?

How much have you played it since it blew before? Did you lift the playfield or open backbox recently before it blew again? What was going on right before it blew?

#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

How much have you played it since it blew before? Did you lift the playfield or open backbox recently before it blew again? What was going on right before it blew?

I replaced the fuse, then turned it on, only to find out that the new fuse didn’t solve the problem. Checked the new fuse and saw it was blown also….

#9721 1 year ago

I posted on FB group too...

Ordered this toy, ripped the gate out, hacked it up. Even has lights (i inserted a red film that I had to make it look more like fire) Fits perfect!

https://www.amazon.com/Beast-Kingdom-Jurassic-Park-Multicolor/dp/B08VRCSCR3

325929970_901677827685499_1266358089467099494_n (resized).jpg325929970_901677827685499_1266358089467099494_n (resized).jpg326117231_897641741365605_8575726414018919838_n (resized).jpg326117231_897641741365605_8575726414018919838_n (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9722 1 year ago

The flames would look cool with some LED flame bulbs behind it.

https://www.amazon.com/Simulated-Decorative-Flickering-Atmosphere-Halloween/dp/B07F74BZVS/ref=sr_1_2

Maybe somebody makes smaller, pinball ones that flicker.

1 week later
#9723 1 year ago

Hi, i have a JP for about 6 months now, working fine.
but now since few days i have some issues, i always play 5 ball's.
and sometimes when i lost my ball (between 2 flippers), the game doesn't always realize it.
Then al the kickouts are going on to locate the ball, after the Dino is try to eat the ball, then af few seconds the kickouts are going again and it stay in that loop.
only thing i can do is reset.
What can this be?

#9724 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder1001:

Hi, i have a JP for about 6 months now, working fine.
but now since few days i have some issues, i always play 5 ball's.
and sometimes when i lost my ball (between 2 flippers), the game doesn't always realize it.
Then al the kickouts are going on to locate the ball, after the Dino is try to eat the ball, then af few seconds the kickouts are going again and it stay in that loop.
only thing i can do is reset.
What can this be?

I'd start with trough switch or diode on trough switch.

Going into the service menu, eject all the balls and in the service menu again go to the switch test and actuate the trough units one by one.

#9725 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd start with trough switch or diode on trough switch.
Going into the service menu, eject all the balls and in the service menu again go to the switch test and actuate the trough units one by one.

Hi,
i did some research, and i figured out that switch 58 always actief is, it's the brachiarsuarus target that seems to be a little stuck.
could that be a reason that the game is a little confused sometimes when i loose the ball between the flippers?
cause the 6 ball switches are working fine

#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder1001:

i did some research, and i figured out that switch 58 always actief is, it's the brachiarsuarus target that seems to be a little stuck.
could that be a reason that the game is a little confused sometimes when i loose the ball between the flippers?
cause the 6 ball switches are working fine

Seems like that would be a little surprising, but adjusting a switch is one of the easier issues to solve, so definitely start by fixing that and see if the issue goes away.

#9727 1 year ago

Hello everyone
To improve the problem of my pinball bat (sometimes lose power) I made the change at the EOS, I soldered together the wires from the left side where there is only one pinball bat and now I have more problems on the right side, I have to make the change both on the right and on the left?
Thank you

#9728 1 year ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hello everyone
To improve the problem of my pinball bat (sometimes lose power) I made the change at the EOS, I soldered together the wires from the left side where there is only one pinball bat and now I have more problems on the right side, I have to make the change both on the right and on the left?
Thank you

There is a technical service bulletin regarding this issue. The EOS switches on your game must be replaced with #500-5821-00 in order to fix this issue. I have first hand experience with this resolving this same issue.

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

There is a technical service bulletin regarding this issue. The EOS switches on your game must be replaced with #500-5821-00 in order to fix this issue. I have first hand experience with this resolving this same issue.

I have already made this change and made the change also on the flipper Board as indicated by SB 54 Data East And I didn't solve the problem. Now I want to try to exclude the EOS, the change must be made on both flipper bat? Thanks

1 week later
#9730 1 year ago

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for DE JP? Anyone have any links to buy?

#9731 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

keychain for the coindoor for DE JP?

Can't go wrong with a JP prop badge from Amazon.

#9732 1 year ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run another Data East opto board batch for 2023.

Details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-

Thanks.

#9733 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Everyone,
I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run another Data East opto board batch for 2023.
Details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-
Thanks.

I would definitely grab one.

#9734 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Everyone,
Details:
Thanks.

I’m in for one.

2 weeks later
#9735 1 year ago

Edit: Tried the “data east speaker noice-ideas for a cure”-device and it didn’t help. ChanceKJ suspected that I need to do a power rebuild. Does anybody knows if this so will help with dmd buzz?

Quoted from Preacher:

Yeah, it´s time for another hum issue post.
I've read somewhere that Data east machines hums because for three different reasons:
1. Speaker hum. often ground loop issues, fixes can be float the boards, remove ground to speakers or get one of ChanceKJ devices found in the grand Data East speaker noise - ideas for a cure thread.
2. Dmd hum
3. lamps
I've got both first and second issue on my JP. I´m planning to get the pinsound board and that will hopeful fix my speaker hum issue (tried to float the sound board (but not the power board) and removed the grounds from the speaker, didn´t help).
And its kinda low compared to dmd hum.
But is there a "easy" fix to the DMD-hum except change dmd? Prices for new DMD:s is a bit steep and i rather put my meager funds in the pinsound.
/J

#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from Preacher:

Does anybody knows if this so will help with dmd buzz?

Nope. The ChanceKJ device works very well. On a friends game we floated the sound board and used the humbucker, and the (non DMD) noise is gone.

Using an external power supply to the sound board eliminates the noise too, but neither solutions eliminate the DMD noise. I'd use the humbucker + floating the board over an external power supply, because another power supply feels like such a drastic measure. But in some cases it may be the only cure.

Bottom Line: IMO the only way to eliminate DMD noise is to replace the DMD.

#9737 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I’ve read a lot about the speaker hum but there seems to be very little info of how to fix dmd hum. I was hoping there was a cheaper way than to replace it.

/J

#9738 1 year ago

So I'm sure it has been covered previously, but I just can't seem to find the thread. What is the adjustment to be made with T-Rex when he won't bend down far enough to pick up the ball? Diagnostics at the start of the game seem to indicate he is moving fine, but when the time comes, the ball always slips out because he never bends down completely. He moves fine when testing manually in Diagnostics as well. Thanks for your help!

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

What is the adjustment to be made with T-Rex when he won't bend down far enough to pick up the ball?

This is the Bible for the t-rex:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/039A_SB.pdf

Go into switch test and see what it tells you (this is different than the diagnostics on power-up). Report findings back here if you need help.

That said, based on reading this thread for a few years, if he isn't going down all the way it seems to be because the cable that runs through the t-rex has become frayed. One example here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/179#post-6485382

#9740 1 year ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

So I'm sure it has been covered previously, but I just can't seem to find the thread. What is the adjustment to be made with T-Rex when he won't bend down far enough to pick up the ball? Diagnostics at the start of the game seem to indicate he is moving fine, but when the time comes, the ball always slips out because he never bends down completely. He moves fine when testing manually in Diagnostics as well. Thanks for your help!

I had the same thing happening. I replaced the spring on the bottom.

#9741 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

This is the Bible for the t-rex:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/039A_SB.pdf
Go into switch test and see what it tells you (this is different than the diagnostics on power-up). Report findings back here if you need help.
That said, based on reading this thread for a few years, if he isn't going down all the way it seems to be because the cable that runs through the t-rex has become frayed. One example here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/179#post-6485382

Quoted from JIM_Z:

I had the same thing happening. I replaced the spring on the bottom.

Thanks for your thought/suggestions on this, guys! I'll check these.

1 week later
#9742 1 year ago

Can someone tell me what wire gives power to the circled lights in the attached image from the backbox. I have a break somewhere and forgot what wire I needed to replace.

20230316_160603 (resized).jpg20230316_160603 (resized).jpg
#9743 1 year ago
Quoted from Socashi:

Can someone tell me what wire gives power to the circled lights in the attached image from the backbox. I have a break somewhere and forgot what wire I needed to replace.
[quoted image]

Looks like I found the break in the wire.

#9744 1 year ago

Hey JP Fans
I am having a problem with my Jurassic Park Data East T-Rex. He bends down to eat the ball, swallows it, then lowers then chomps. What’s causes the chomps, is it a switch?
Just put teeth on and without the head cover, works fine. With the teeth, no so much. Any suggestions? It was working fine with the teeth, now it’s off again.
Weird…

#9745 1 year ago
Quoted from MMarks3:

I am having a problem with my Jurassic Park Data East T-Rex. He bends down to eat the ball, swallows it, then lowers then chomps. What’s causes the chomps, is it a switch?

So is he eating the ball successfully? After coming back up he SHOULD do a few chomps - I think it is to show him "chewing"

Here's the full guide for the t-rex. Super helpful in troubleshooting any issues.

If its still not working, a video may help us troubleshoot.

#9746 1 year ago

My biggest questions what makes the T-Rex chomp? Is it a switch or in the chip?

#9747 1 year ago

In order for it to pick up the ball, it needs to find the center and down switches. This fires and holds the solenoid.

In order for it to swallow the ball, it needs to find the up switch. This releases the solenoid.

I think it can chomp (open and close quickly - fire/release solenoid) in any up position.

The chip/program is doing it based on those switches being activated.

The switch test / diagnostics for the t-Rex can help give you more troubleshooting info.

#9748 1 year ago

He eats the ball-check
He raises up and swallows-check
No Chomp-
Lowers Again - tries to eat again-greedy SOB, stays there as if the phasers got him

Or

He eats the ball-check
Raises up-check
Chomps-check
Swallows-check
Then goes down again-fail
Comes back up

Or

He eats the ball-check
Raises up-check
Chomps-check
Swallows-check

All good

If anything he’s inconsistent

Which board would this be, I can check the soccer joints

#9749 1 year ago
Quoted from Joshjowen:

I posted on FB group too...
Ordered this toy, ripped the gate out, hacked it up. Even has lights (i inserted a red film that I had to make it look more like fire) Fits perfect!
amazon.com link »[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to change the wiring in any way when you installed these or did you just chain the wires to the lights under the playfield?

#9750 1 year ago
Quoted from MMarks3:

If anything he’s inconsistent

Which board would this be, I can check the soccer joints

There are two relay boards under the playfield that control the up/down and left/right movement. Those are known for having cold solder joints. That could be your problem. Boards look like this:

Pinside_forum_7110137_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7110137_0 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/195 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.