IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,125 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 203.
#9151 2 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

What power supply board? Some have had problems with the Rottendog boards.

I did buy the rottendog board. It seems to have fixed all the issues I was having except for the display. Voltages test well. I had a spare CPU board that I tried swapping in. I'm a little worried I damage one or more of the legs on the rom chip swapping it around. I have a new one on the way, so we'll see if that helps at all. I did do some forum searching and saw that as a fix for the same issue in a DE Star Wars.

#9152 2 years ago

A little disappointed in the CPR plastic set. Less detail and much darker than the original plastics. I'm holding the original plastics next to the installed CPR plastics in these photos.

IMG20220302212237 (resized).jpgIMG20220302212237 (resized).jpgIMG20220302212309 (resized).jpgIMG20220302212309 (resized).jpg
#9153 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

A little disappointed in the CPR plastic set.

Yup, others reported the same thing a couple years ago.

#9154 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yup, others reported the same thing a couple years ago.

Yeah, I just read those posts too. Just thought I would post an update so everyone knows they still look the same!

#9155 2 years ago

What playfield angle are you running?
I have it set at 6,5deg according to the manual but it’s so floaty when going from one of my WMS games (also 6,5) to my JP.
Noticed the same with my fathers Hook. Floaty at 6,5deg while WMS plays great at the same level.

#9156 2 years ago

I'm sitting at 6.8. Ramp feels perfect right now, still needs a clean shot to make it all the way up.

#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I'm sitting at 6.8. Ramp feels perfect right now, still needs a clean shot to make it all the way up.

I’ll give that a try, thanks.

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

For some reason the JP ramp is the most difficult ramp in my DE collection to hit with consistency, its a bitch to shoot.

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

For some reason the JP ramp is the most difficult ramp in my DE collection to hit with consistency, its a bitch to shoot.

Most shots are undeniably difficult in JP.
Only easy shot is boat dock and control room.

#9160 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Most shots are undeniably difficult in JP.
Only easy shot is boat dock and control room.

The only two shots I can't consistently get are the ramp and through the poppers to orbit.

#9161 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The only two shots I can't consistently get are the ramp and through the poppers to orbit.

I don't even shoot the orbit shot because of how difficult it is for me.

If I need to feed Trex and I'm on the right flipper, will just shoot the control room, get on my left flipper for a boat dock to then (hopefully) nail the saucer.

If that all goes smoothly, there's no better feeling in the game.

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I don't even shoot the orbit shot because of how difficult it is for me.
If I need to feed Trex and I'm on the right flipper, will just shoot the control room, get on my left flipper for a boat dock to then (hopefully) nail the saucer.
If that all goes smoothly, there's no better feeling in the game.

How I do it aswell.
Or hope for an out-of-control ball that surprisingly often ends up in T-Rex…

Ramp and orbit through bumpers are really difficult. As with raptor shot.
But Power Shield is completely impossible for me. Some how I just can’t make that shot, ever.
So I just go for the difficult ramp shot and either left or right flipper feed into control room (doesn’t matter, can easily make it on both).

#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinpals:

Thank you to Mr_Tantrum for helping me upgrade my trex and data east logo!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

New to the club. Where did you get the T Rex teeth from? Sorry if I missed it. Thanks!

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

New to the club. Where did you get the T Rex teeth from? Sorry if I missed it. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/85450

#9166 2 years ago

Turned on the game last week and got nothing but this screen flashing on the DMD, game otherwise seemed to boot fine. I started a game, and sometime during play the display resumed normal operation. Next time I turned on the game a few days later, I got the same flashing display, but now it won't revert back to normal display during a game. Everything else in the game seems to work perfectly. I pushed on all the roms, but haven't physically pulled and re-seated them yet.

20220311_224353 (resized).jpg20220311_224353 (resized).jpg
#9167 2 years ago
Quoted from majorrager:

Turned on the game last week and got nothing but this screen flashing on the DMD

Looks like your display is constantly rebooting. Most likely a power issue with the display. Start with reseating all display related cables (with the power off).

#9168 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Looks like your display is constantly rebooting. Most likely a power issue with the display. Start with reseating all display related cables (with the power off).

I did that shortly after posting, and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the response.

#9169 2 years ago

Hello all. Long story short, my wife and I met over this pin in a bar I was working at 27 years ago. She surprised me with a totally refurbished DE JP for our 25th anniversary!! Anyway….I found a DE JP topper online and ordered it. I just received it and noticed it mounts in back of the lights on the backbox. I see there are 3 screw holes in front of the lights. Am I missing a piece?

17926AF2-4135-4ABF-A3E7-6432D50758D5 (resized).jpeg17926AF2-4135-4ABF-A3E7-6432D50758D5 (resized).jpeg6062E7CE-9D96-4E3E-850D-B43AA74C0999 (resized).jpeg6062E7CE-9D96-4E3E-850D-B43AA74C0999 (resized).jpeg
#9170 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I see there are 3 screw holes in front of the lights. Am I missing a piece?

Yes, an angled metal strip attaches there to hide the bulbs from view of any tall players.

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Yes, an angled metal strip attaches there to hide the bulbs from view of any tall players.

Any chance I can find that piece?

#9172 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

PM me your address and you can have mine. I use a Tilt topper and have no need for it

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

PM me your address and you can have mine. I use a Tilt topper and have no need for it

Nice.

#9174 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I see that thekaiser82 is going to send you the part. For reference, below are a couple of photos of my JP topper with the piece installed.

Gord

DSCN3387 (resized).JPGDSCN3387 (resized).JPG
DSCN3386 (resized).JPGDSCN3386 (resized).JPG

#9175 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I see that thekaiser82 is going to send you the part. For reference, below are a couple of photos of my JP topper with the piece installed.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow…Thanks for the pics. I was puzzled when I saw the 3 pre drilled holes in front of the lights.

#9176 2 years ago

One more question….does anyone know if the high scores can be erased and started over? Is it done through the menu?

#9177 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

One more question….does anyone know if the high scores can be erased and started over? Is it done through the menu?

Yes and yes. By default it will also reset the high scores every X plays. You can turn that off if you want.

#9178 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

How I do it aswell.
Or hope for an out-of-control ball that surprisingly often ends up in T-Rex…
Ramp and orbit through bumpers are really difficult. As with raptor shot.
But Power Shield is completely impossible for me. Some how I just can’t make that shot, ever.
So I just go for the difficult ramp shot and either left or right flipper feed into control room (doesn’t matter, can easily make it on both).

Power shield is the minigame where you have to save Timmy right? i let the ball drop down on the left flipper and when it's still very close to the pivot, so to the left, i shoot it immediately. It goes up straight in the bumpers. or shoot to the docks, and with upper right flipper shoot it in the gate to the bumpers.

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from Michele_Caletti:

Power shield is the minigame where you have to save Timmy right?

No, that mode is called 'electric fences'. He is talking about the 'power shed' upper right scoop. That scoop is a tight shot and I don't know any trick to making it easily.

#9180 2 years ago

I just finished a lengthy restoration on a Jurassic Park. This thread was a great source of reference images. I did a write-up on the entire restoration process and posted it here: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/jurassic-park-data-east.

I hope someone here finds it useful in future.

#9181 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No, that mode is called 'electric fences'. He is talking about the 'power shed' upper right scoop. That scoop is a tight shot and I don't know any trick to making it easily.

Correct, it’s the very tricky scoop shot that I seem to have big troubles doing.

1 week later
#9182 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

I just finished a lengthy restoration on a Jurassic Park. This thread was a great source of reference images. I did a write-up on the entire restoration process and posted it here: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/jurassic-park-data-east.

Thanks for posting!

#9183 2 years ago

Do you casually watch this thread longing for a DE Jurassic Park? Do you have a Tommy that you no longer want? If so, let's chat.

Looking for a trade...

#9184 2 years ago

Can anyone fill me in on what transistor drives the Boat Dock eject coil? What else does that transistor drive?

Thanks for any help.

20220402_214310 (resized).jpg20220402_214310 (resized).jpg
#9185 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Can anyone fill me in on what transistor drives the Boat Dock eject coil? What else does that transistor drive?
Thanks for any help.
[quoted image]

From the JP manual... looks like it also drives some flashers.

JP-coil (resized).PNGJP-coil (resized).PNG

JP-coil2 (resized).PNGJP-coil2 (resized).PNG

Manual:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1343/Data_East_1993_Jurassic_Park_Manual.pdf

#9186 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

From the JP manual... looks like it also drives some flashers.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Manual:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1343/Data_East_1993_Jurassic_Park_Manual.pdf

Thanks so much, but I can't make it out! Hilarious.

Does it read Q46?

#9187 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Thanks so much, but I can't make it out! Hilarious.
Does it read Q46?

I zoomed far in on the PDF manual and it looks like Q46 to me.

#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I zoomed far in on the PDF manual and it looks like Q46 to me.

Thanks again. Very cool.

#9189 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Does it read Q46?

Definitely Q46 in my copy. (also they are in order in the manual- Q46, Q45, Q44... )

#9190 2 years ago

Need a bit of help in replacing the T-Rex jaw link using a new part from Marco.

I'm good on how to take ole Rexy apart, but does anyone know how to take this pin out so I can install the new link? It's the short, darker colored bar in the picture.

PXL_20220408_004742800 (resized).jpgPXL_20220408_004742800 (resized).jpg
#9191 2 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

does anyone know how to take this pin out so I can install the new link?

That's a roll pin. If you look closely, you will see that one side may be a little smaller than the other. Squeeze the smaller side with pliers and push it out or tap it out after squeezing it. There are probably some Youtube examples of removing roll pins online.

#9192 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That's a roll pin. If you look closely, you will see that one side may be a little smaller than the other. Squeeze the smaller side with pliers and push it out or tap it out after squeezing it. There are probably some Youtube examples of removing roll pins online.

Perfect, appreciate your help!

#9193 2 years ago

Hello Friends - long time! wondered if I might bounce an issue off the group to inspire a new direction of thinking for a flipper issue i've been having.

I hadn't played my DE JP in sometime (never moved, just sat where it's been for the last 2+ years) and when I finally turned it on, the lower right flipper was weak and wouldn't stay engaged -- I thought maybe a flipper rebuild would be in order so I did one this evening and while the flipper itself is definitely more responsive it definitely isn't as strong as it should be (even audibly it doesn't sound as strong as the upper right or the lower left flippers). Worth noting is that the upper right and lower left flippers have always played as they should.

Here's what I've done to trouble shoot:

- I noticed some discolouration on the right side flipper button leafswitch that controls both upper and lower right side flippers, so I cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol (tons of grime came off) but the lower right flipper remained half powered and semi responsive.

- The flipper board registers the button pushes (red lights blink on with the flipper buttons are depressed).

- I've checked the fuses on flipper board (and throughout) and none appear to be blown.

- The backbox cabling as well as all cabling in and around the front end of the game all appear connected and ok.

- Did a rebuild job on the lower right flipper and triple checked the matching of the coil numbering as well as all the soldering/cable placements.

Is it possible my flipper board is pooched somehow? I might have the original one that came with the machine to test (nothing was wrong with it, I just upgraded the board as per the flipper board service bulletin from years ago - the EOS switch one).

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated and I can post pics/videos of everything if that would make anything easier.

Thanks everyone,

Johnny

#9194 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Hello Friends - long time! wondered if I might bounce an issue off the group to inspire a new direction of thinking for a flipper issue i've been having.
I hadn't played my DE JP in sometime (never moved, just sat where it's been for the last 2+ years) and when I finally turned it on, the lower right flipper was weak and wouldn't stay engaged -- I thought maybe a flipper rebuild would be in order so I did one this evening and while the flipper itself is definitely more responsive it definitely isn't as strong as it should be (even audibly it doesn't sound as strong as the upper right or the lower left flippers). Worth noting is that the upper right and lower left flippers have always played as they should.
Here's what I've done to trouble shoot:
- I noticed some discolouration on the right side flipper button leafswitch that controls both upper and lower right side flippers, so I cleaned the contacts with isopropyl alcohol (tons of grime came off) but the lower right flipper remained half powered and semi responsive.
- The flipper board registers the button pushes (red lights blink on with the flipper buttons are depressed).
- I've checked the fuses on flipper board (and throughout) and none appear to be blown.
- The backbox cabling as well as all cabling in and around the front end of the game all appear connected and ok.
- Did a rebuild job on the lower right flipper and triple checked the matching of the coil numbering as well as all the soldering/cable placements.
Is it possible my flipper board is pooched somehow? I might have the original one that came with the machine to test (nothing was wrong with it, I just upgraded the board as per the flipper board service bulletin from years ago - the EOS switch one).
If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated and I can post pics/videos of everything if that would make anything easier.
Thanks everyone,
Johnny

Since you rebuilt the flipper, that should eliminate mechanical issues. Couple of common electrical problem areas to check:

- Fuse clips on the flipper board. Make sure the clips are not broken and all of the fuses are held tightly in the clips.
- EOS switch on the flipper assembly. Is it clean and gapped correctly? Is there any difference if you jumper the switch contacts?

#9195 2 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Since you rebuilt the flipper, that should eliminate mechanical issues. Couple of common electrical problem areas to check:
- Fuse clips on the flipper board. Make sure the clips are not broken and all of the fuses are held tightly in the clips.
- EOS switch on the flipper assembly. Is it clean and gapped correctly? Is there any difference if you jumper the switch contacts?

I triple checked the fuse clips throughout the machine and found nothing out of the ordinary.

The EOS switch also looked good (was replaced during rebuild).

Oddly - this morning I thought the back side of the solder job on the flipper coil looked thin so I added some and it *seems* to be working correctly now - even audibly it sounds correct now. Guess I’ll play some games and see what happens.

#9196 2 years ago

nm

#9197 2 years ago

Does anyone have the CPR Mirrored backglass? if so, thoughts? pics?

#9198 2 years ago

Would someone be able to share with me a pic with how the ball trough switch is connected with the diode? My trough switch has a broken diode but I can't find anywhere how it should be connected (I suspect this is the culprit behind my "Dino Dino Dino" bug that happens on occasion. Yes I do have a new CPU chip on the way, but I still want to fix this). The switch has some solder on the third leg and I assume that's where the diode was attached, but I don't want to assume and blow something if it isn't. Thanks!

brokendiode (resized).jpgbrokendiode (resized).jpg
#9199 2 years ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

Would someone be able to share with me a pic with how the ball trough switch is connected with the diode? My trough switch has a broken diode but I can't find anywhere how it should be connected (I suspect this is the culprit behind my "Dino Dino Dino" bug that happens on occasion. Yes I do have a new CPU chip on the way, but I still want to fix this). The switch has some solder on the third leg and I assume that's where the diode was attached, but I don't want to assume and blow something if it isn't. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I decided to jump the shark and connected a new diode where that old one was and my trough was fixed. The "Dino Dino Dino" bug still happens tho, probably another switch in that matrix tripping it.

#9200 2 years ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

I decided to jump the shark and connected a new diode where that old one was and my trough was fixed. The "Dino Dino Dino" bug still happens tho, probably another switch in that matrix tripping it.

go to page 182 of this thread there's a clear picture of it, i had the same issue too and i fixed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 10,125 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/184?hl=vipertim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.