Topic Stats

• 7,418 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,757 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3478.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3476.JPG
IMG_3475.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
77A714A2-CABB-417C-B1EB-527CF83FAEDA (resized).png
IMG_3421 (resized).JPG
IMG_3420 (resized).JPG
Jurassic Park 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_3406.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_3403.JPG
CDDDA849-28D0-42C5-882F-205072E48765.png

Topic index (key posts)

57 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7418 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 149.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think I have an idea on how to fix it. Take some transparency paper, cut it to the size of the plastic, and glue a piece on top and bottom. Hopefully that will reinforce it, and keep it strong enough to hold the lights up.

Give Bondic a try: www.notaglue.com - can also get on amazon.

#852 4 years ago

I've been using E6000 on my jewelry stuff and tried it on my JP's broken/screwed up plastics and posts, and it worked really well. It's about $7 for a big tube on Amazon, just make sure you get the clear kind.

#853 4 years ago

I somehow lost one of the screws holding the control room switch in place, does any of youknow what the correct type is to buy? By using the manual i searched the part number on marco and it said that part was replaced by this one (on pinballcenter since thats where i buy from) i linked to in the top. But it looks way too long....

would be great if anyone could confirm this or shove me to the correct one

The correct one according to manual: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5806-00

The one which is mentioned to replace the above one: http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/screws/2771/screw-4-40-x-5/8

#854 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

What plastic did you break?

The Power Shed Lights. It's just a tiny sliver of plastic that's broken off.

When I was taking off the plastic, I didn't realize that the lights were mounted directly to the plastic. I knew they'd be more prone to snapping, and was extra careful when taking the playfield apart.

#855 4 years ago

image.jpg

#856 4 years ago

Power Shed plastic fix was relatively easy and pain free. I ended up making a duplicate to place underneath and mount the lights to. Did it in one shot, using only a handheld Dremel. The hardest part was convincing myself that it will fit better if I move the light back a tad. Which meant that I had to modify my broken plastic. Fits like a glove. And if you didn't know what you were looking for, you'd never notice it.
2015-08-23 15.57.44.jpg
2015-08-23 15.57.50.jpg
2015-08-23 15.58.03.jpg
2015-08-23 15.57.57.jpg
2015-08-23 16.19.47.jpg

#857 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Power Shed plastic fix was relatively easy and pain free. I ended up making a duplicate to place underneath and mount the lights to. Did it in one shot, using only a handheld Dremel. The hardest part was convincing myself that it will fit better if I move the light back a tad. Which meant that I had to modify my broken plastic. Fits like a glove. And if you didn't know what you were looking for, you'd never notice it.
2015-08-23 15.57.44.jpg
2015-08-23 15.57.50.jpg
2015-08-23 15.58.03.jpg
2015-08-23 15.57.57.jpg
2015-08-23 16.19.47.jpg

Nice job Woody.

Gord

#858 4 years ago

Hey JP Owners.

The top of my ball trough is pretty worn - looks like every ball hits it.
Wondering if anyone has ever tried to fix this?
I reckon this is causing my balls to wear really quickly.

20150824_170551.jpg

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottoKong:

The top of my ball trough is pretty worn - looks like every ball hits it.

I just smoothed mine out. Looks like yours has some rust/oxidation? Clean that up for sure. But I wasn't worried about it, as long as I didn't feel any edges on mine. It's probably better for the balls now than it was new.

#860 4 years ago

Anyone else ever have music from Chaos stay on after the five extra balls have drained (so only one is left in play and Chaos is over)? This has happened to me multiple times. The only way it stops is when the last ball drains. Just curious if this is a known bug.

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Anyone else ever have music from Chaos stay on after the five extra balls have drained (so only one is left in play and Chaos is over)? This has happened to me multiple times. The only way it stops is when the last ball drains. Just curious if this is a known bug.

Not with CHAOS, however occasionally every time the ball hits a target or slingshot, anything, the TRex roar goes off. The only way it stops for me is as you say - drain the ball. Weird.

#862 4 years ago

Anyone have any luck with Non-Ghosting Bulbs? The only issue with Ghosting that I see, is the C in CHAOS when the spitter dino targets are on or flashing. So I replaced this bulb with a non-ghosting bulb from Coin Taker, and it has made no difference. Should I change the spitter target lights as well? Or is the idea of Non-Ghosting bulbs a myth?

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

Anyone else ever have music from Chaos stay on after the five extra balls have drained (so only one is left in play and Chaos is over)?

Happens to me all the time. Regular Multiball music too. Figured it was just a bug. Starting another mode also "fixes" it.

Quoted from woody24:

Should I change the spitter target lights as well? Or is the idea of Non-Ghosting bulbs a myth?

Definitely not a myth. Are you sure it's not just light bleeding in from the spitter bulbs themselves? You sure it's the C that's ghosting?

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Definitely not a myth. Are you sure it's not just light bleeding in from the spitter bulbs themselves? You sure it's the C that's ghosting?

Could be I suppose. But the C just seemed too bright and evenly filled to be leaking from another light. Seems about 50% brightness to when the bulb is actually on. I'll do a test tonight, and pull that bulb out completely to see if it is a ghosting issue, or light leaking.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone else ever have music from Chaos stay on after the five extra balls have drained (so only one is left in play and Chaos is over)?
Happens to me all the time. Regular Multiball music too. Figured it was just a bug. Starting another mode also "fixes" it.

Last night I got the System Boot mode. Either it was strange timing with a bug, or the ball screwed it up. I had a hard shot to the left edge of the center scoop. The ball hit hard but didn't go in the scoop. But at that exact moment of the hit, all sounds stopped, and lights stopped flashing. It was dead silent with no light activity while I continued to play. After that ball drained, all went back to normal.

#866 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Last night I got the System Boot mode. Either it was strange timing with a bug, or the ball screwed it up. I had a hard shot to the left edge of the center scoop. The ball hit hard but didn't go in the scoop. But at that exact moment of the hit, all sounds stopped, and lights stopped flashing. It was dead silent with no light activity while I continued to play. After that ball drained, all went back to normal.

huh.... I'd look around very closely to make sure something didn't short. That sounds very weird.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

huh.... I'd look around very closely to make sure something didn't short. That sounds very weird.

Agreed, it is very tight underneath by the scoops (did you move the scoops slightly to accommodate Cliffys?) and very possible that a hard shot to the side of the scoop may have jarred the scoop metal to touch an adjacent metal tab from a light socket.

Gord

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

may have jarred the scoop metal to touch an adjacent metal tab from a light socket.

Could possibly be. I'll have to double check. I did move the scoops back for the cliffys. And does remind me last week during a friends game, he got the slam tilt message. I was standing right there, and knew it wasn't activated like it should have been. But then forgot all about it, because it never happened again.

Looks like I'll be looking for a short then tonight.

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffA:

I believe this is by design. Star Wars and Tales From The Crypt also do this. I am not familiar with any other Data East game. Star Wars plays the Throne Room song after you get Tri-ball double jackpot and keeps playing it after multiball ends and up until you drain. Tales From The Crypt plays its Double Jackpot song after you achieve it during multiball and up until you drain. I think this is their way of saying "hey! this guy is awesome! he achieved awesomeness during multiball!"

#870 4 years ago

Ok. So ghosting issue was due to light from the adjacent target. Sheesh. Been waiting for bulbs to come in for a week to finish this up so I could call it done. I think tonight I'm going to staple a business card between the two inserts to block the light.

I took a look at all the connections around the scoop to see if I could see a short. I didn't find anything for certain, but did see on one switch, one of the wires was literally hanging on by a thread. I barely had to touch it, and it snapped clean off. So I resoldered that back on. So hopefully that may have been it. Because I see nothing else.

Tonight I'm adding a couple palm trees, waxing the playfield, putting the glass back on, and shoving it into its corner, where I hope that I won't have to open it back up for a while.

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Ok. So ghosting issue was due to light from the adjacent target. Sheesh. Been waiting for bulbs to come in for a week to finish this up so I could call it done. I think tonight I'm going to staple a business card between the two inserts to block the light.

Try a different bulb in the other insert. something like a flex bulb can help direct the light so you get less bleeding.

http://cointaker.com/products/44-47-super-flex

#872 4 years ago

Doing a little house cleaning and came across some palm trees. PM me if you would like some. I'm willing to deal (cleaning).
Thanks

DSC05488.jpg

#873 4 years ago

I created a Coin Slot insert for my JP machine. Got the idea from the JP Mods post.

Not sure how PDFs post here on the forum, but here are ones for TOKENS, $.25, and one with just the JP logo for those who have free play.

These will be to scale and also have bleeds so that you won't have white slivers when cutting them out. Just cut using the crop marks. (Exact-o knife and metal edge ruler will be best.) I also printed mine on High Glossy paper with the highest quality setting on the printer, and they turned out great.

CoinInsert-NoCoin.pdf
CoinInsert.pdf
CoinInsert-25cent.pdf
2015-08-29 11.36.45.jpg

#874 4 years ago

If any of you guys are thinking of parting ways with your JP - message me as I'm looking to buy one ASAP. cash ready!

#875 4 years ago

Think I discovered a bug. I don't believe this was due to a faulty switch, because the game played like normal after the a drain.

But I know I did some things at coincidental times, and I think it confused the game. Part of it was Mr. DNA, and also getting tri-ball I think. But every single light on the playfield was flashing, and it kept acting like I was RAPIDLY firing shots up the ramp. It kept counting down the ramp shots, then would tell me EXTRA BALL IS LIT. It probably said extra ball 10 times in about 20-30 seconds. I hit the extra ball, and it only gave me 1.

But it was weird. After the drain, everything back to normal. The ramp switches weren't activated. So I think it was a bug. But boy it was a crazy bug. Machine went haywire.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Think I discovered a bug. I don't believe this was due to a faulty switch, because the game played like normal after the a drain.
But I know I did some things at coincidental times, and I think it confused the game. Part of it was Mr. DNA, and also getting tri-ball I think. But every single light on the playfield was flashing, and it kept acting like I was RAPIDLY firing shots up the ramp. It kept counting down the ramp shots, then would tell me EXTRA BALL IS LIT. It probably said extra ball 10 times in about 20-30 seconds. I hit the extra ball, and it only gave me 1.
But it was weird. After the drain, everything back to normal. The ramp switches weren't activated. So I think it was a bug. But boy it was a crazy bug. Machine went haywire.

Here is what happened:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/8#post-2231484

#877 4 years ago

That's interesting. Thanks! Looking at the switch matrix, one thing stands out to me, right coin switch. I only have one coin slot, and I think the one hooked up is the center coin. But I know when I do switch tests, it always says the right coin is triggered.

Could this also be the problem as to why my game will cut out background music? Game will continue to play, but background sounds will cut, and will get the occasional repeating cut off dino roar.

#878 4 years ago

Chad can you offer any updates on the new code? I know its pretty much completely out of your hands now, but its been sooooo long. What are they waiting for?

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

That's interesting. Thanks! Looking at the switch matrix, one thing stands out to me, right coin switch. I only have one coin slot, and I think the one hooked up is the center coin. But I know when I do switch tests, it always says the right coin is triggered.
Could this also be the problem as to why my game will cut out background music? Game will continue to play, but background sounds will cut, and will get the occasional repeating cut off dino roar.

Is there a chance your game was on route with a dollar bill acceptor? I think mine was, and both of my coin slots were wired together so either slot would register as the right slot.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Is there a chance your game was on route with a dollar bill acceptor? I think mine was, and both of my coin slots were wired together so either slot would register as the right slot.

The game was in Japan. I'll have to take a closer look to see if I can see any signs of the coin door having been replaced, because it's just a single coin slot with no other areas left open for a bill acceptor. And since it works with my coin mech, I never bothered to track down to see why the right coin was triggered. But in the menu, all my tokens are being registered with the center coin slot.

#881 4 years ago

The more I look at it, the more I think it may be the Right Coin. It's only happened once, but I encountered a slam tilt when nothing should have caused it. I looked at the slam tilt, and there would have absolutely no way it could have activated on its own, but has happened only once. But not I see it's in the same column at the right coin.

#882 4 years ago

My game is from japan too! Twinsies!

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My game is from japan too! Twinsies!

Would be cool if there was technology to see where this game was in Japan. The cabinet artwork is fantastic for having traveled across the ocean twice.

#884 4 years ago

how many of you guys have that buzzing noise or hum when you play in game? I've seen a number of these now and a lot display this buzzing noise - some worse than others. Just curious if anyone does NOT have this noise.

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how many of you guys have that buzzing noise or hum when you play in game? I've seen a number of these now and a lot display this buzzing noise - some worse than others. Just curious if anyone does NOT have this noise.

Google data east speaker buzzing, lots to read on the subject...

the quickie is check the board grounds... possibly float the sound board, most done mod that takes some to zero buzz or to a faint.. faint buzz...directions and pictures on speaker threads.... lastly change the circuit it plugs into... sounds crazy but somethings they will buzz on certain circuits and not others, mine was that way slight buzz in the shop zero buzz in the game room.

peace, B.

#886 4 years ago

I got so used to the little buzz on mine while in attract mode it wouldn't be the same without it LOL!

#887 4 years ago

I'm having some issues with my T-Rex mech. Initially, the side to side movement didn't work so I ended up disabling it and was fine with the up and down. Last week I decided to pop the hood and troubleshoot what was wrong. All the switches test fine. I unscrewed the motor and ran it in test, seems to move in both directions fine. I can hear the relay popping when I change directions. The one thing I noticed is that with the playfield up, gravity causes the T-Rex to slide to the left. I can manually move him back into the center position but then he slides over again. Now, when I play a game, closing his mouth causes T-Rex to slide over to the right, and eventually he moves enough that the center switch is no longer activated.

Does anybody know what's going on here? Should the T-Rex move so freely? Did I strip the gears? What can I do to keep him in the center position during gameplay?

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

I'm having some issues with my T-Rex mech. Initially, the side to side movement didn't work so I ended up disabling it and was fine with the up and down. Last week I decided to pop the hood and troubleshoot what was wrong. All the switches test fine. I unscrewed the motor and ran it in test, seems to move in both directions fine. I can hear the relay popping when I change directions. The one thing I noticed is that with the playfield up, gravity causes the T-Rex to slide to the left. I can manually move him back into the center position but then he slides over again. Now, when I play a game, closing his mouth causes T-Rex to slide over to the right, and eventually he moves enough that the center switch is no longer activated.
Does anybody know what's going on here? Should the T-Rex move so freely? Did I strip the gears? What can I do to keep him in the center position during gameplay?

There is some play in the left/right movement on mine. You might be able to get it to stay centered with a rubber band around the post that goes in the track and his the switches. Wrap it around that post and the center switch?

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

There is some play in the left/right movement on mine. You might be able to get it to stay centered with a rubber band around the post that goes in the track and his the switches. Wrap it around that post and the center switch?

I re-inserted the motor and it seemed to "catch" this time, now T-Rex doesn't move when the jaw is opened/closed. Strange, but hopefully this sticks. If not, may have to resort to a rubber band

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Data easts seem to have these.

Try disconnecting your sound board and see if it continues. This should show if it its a soundboard/speaker issue or coming from something else totally unrelated.

I'm my case it was the transformer. I tightened the plates and the sound reduced significantly.

#891 4 years ago

I just finished a "Shoot T-Rex" mod

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Pretty cool! I did something similar by daisy chaining the scoop and light on top of the "box." I like how you added the raptor, however, in the "Feed T-Rex" mode, the raptor will be flashing along with the scoop and it's not a valid shot there, right?

Not a big deal since Tri-ball is obviously more common and important!

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

in the "Feed T-Rex" mode, the raptor will be flashing along with the scoop and it's not a valid shot there, right?

Ahhh, Yes... You are right. My raptor does flash during "Feed T-Rex" mode. Didn't think about that

Quoted from aobrien5:

Not a big deal since Tri-ball is obviously more common and important!

I definitely agree with this - I won't take the mod off, since Tri-ball is lit up every game, and "Feed T-Rex" is once in a while.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

Did that on mine as well. Saw that TNT Amusements added the light under the saucer, but connected it to the GI lights. I was thinking it'd make much more sense if the saucer also blinked with the Feed T-Rex Light. So I left my OEM T-Rex light, and wired the saucer light into it.

It makes that shot much more visible now if there was any question on if you needed to shoot the t-rex.

#895 4 years ago

Shopping a friends jp. Most of the metal has corrosion. The posts like ones on the slings I will Prob order like 20 of. Anyone have the cottect size ? Did not see part number from manual at pinball life.

Anyone have link? Prob need the one inch metal posts in s few places.

Looks like most of you use clear star posts so those will be easy to swap out

image.jpg

#896 4 years ago

Has anyone added a light to light the inside of the scoops? Was thinking that it would be cool to add a light connected to the regular scoop light, to light up the inside of the hole. But taking a close look at it, I don't see an easy way to get a good shot of light inside of it, unless I were to drill a hole through the subway metal.

Was just wondering how people do it on other games?

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Has anyone added a light to light the inside of the scoops? Was thinking that it would be cool to add a light connected to the regular scoop light, to light up the inside of the hole. But taking a close look at it, I don't see an easy way to get a good shot of light inside of it, unless I were to drill a hole through the subway metal.
Was just wondering how people do it on other games?

Aren't there normally small cracks between the scoop sides? I would have thought a bright smd led would shine enough into the scoop to look like its inside when it isn't.

#898 4 years ago

I'm shopping two JPs. I want to try and make Amber block glow.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Aren't there normally small cracks between the scoop sides? I would have thought a bright smd led would shine enough into the scoop to look like its inside when it isn't.

I haven't tested it, but just seemed that the angle it would have to be pointed, would also light up the second scoop for the Bunker/Control Room scoops. And I suppose I wanted an even spread of light filling the scoop, which would mean that the light would have to be pointed directly into it.

I may do some tests with the available cracks just to see what it looks like. Might work.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

» YouTube video

Who sells the lighted scope mod for the T-Rex?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7418 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 149.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside