65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 203.
#8201 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

I hadn't noticed that.the operators menu on this pin is a struggle compared to the Bally Williams and Capcom I have.
Do you exit just by turning the pin off?
Also when i booted it up I held the trigger to skip the t rex diagnostic but ended up with a message that said something about replay and to press start to confirm. I don't remember the correct wording, any idea what that's about?
And is there anywhere I can see a rundown of the rules of DE JP with 6.0? I thought i could change which mode is selected but can't suss out how.

You can exit the menu just by scrolling to the end of the options.

In 6.0 code, you can change the mode by hitting a pop bumper. If I remember correctly, it only works after the first mode is played.

#8202 3 years ago

I hadn't noticed that.the operators menu on this pin is a struggle compared to the Bally Williams and Capcom I have.
Also when i booted it up I held the trigger to skip the t rex diagnostic but ended up with a message that said something about replay and to press start to confirm. I don't remember the correct wording, any idea what that's about?
And is there anywhere I can see a rundown of the rules of DE JP with 6.0? I thought i could change which mode is selected but can't suss out how.

Just go through the end of the menu to exit.

Thats just to reset the replay score if it gets too high.

The pop bumpers change the mode that is lit.

#8203 3 years ago

The DE menu system is very easy once you learn how to navigate it.

1) You exit the menu by going to the end, or just rebooting the machine once you made the adjustment you wish.

2) Overshoot what you wanted to adjust? Just push the green diag/audits button in and you will be allow to work backwards. Same thing when making adjustments, overshoot the score or setting you wanted? Hit the green button to back up adjustment.

3) When going forward you have to keep an eye out for "expand adjustments" which you hit the start button to activate.

#8204 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Pretty cool! Could you make one for the larger scale jeep too? To go over the shooter lane preferably.

Can you send me a link to the particular one you're talking about, so I can look into it? Thanks for the suggestion.

#8205 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Can you send me a link to the particular one you're talking about, so I can look into it? Thanks for the suggestion.

Jurassic World 2015 Movie -1:32 Scale diecast Jeep Wrangler https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WTMWBI6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_orAoLpR6w6B7C

#8206 3 years ago

Jurassic World 2015 Movie -1:32 Scale diecast Jeep Wrangler amazon.com link »

Link didn't work. Only other one I see there is 1/24. Saw a 1/32 on Ebay but it looked kinda shady....

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Just go through the end of the menu to exit.
Thats just to reset the replay score if it gets too high.
The pop bumpers change the mode that is lit.

Ooh! Sortof like Road Show.

I noticed the control room switch stopped activating yesterday. So wasn't sure how to start a mode until I realised the switch wasn't working. Just took a bit of adjusting.

When shooting through the pops or the upper left loop the ball doesn't go smoothly when it passes the dock scoop. I assume that's a JP quirk?

#8208 3 years ago

Day 4 owning JP and my T rex no longer turns.

He appears to move a little bit but never right enough to go center.

I can't find anything in the diagnostics to test the motor, tips?

How do i center him manually so i can turn off the movement?

Advice please?

#8209 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Link didn't work. Only other one I see there is 1/24. Saw a 1/32 on Ebay but it looked kinda shady....

Here we go...

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000415018246.html

Nevermind...still not it. W t f

#8210 3 years ago

T rex issues....

When i do a test both flippers make him go left. He won't turn right at all.

So the motor is working.

Surely pressing right flipper should make him go right?

Update : sometimes when I lift the playfield and test he works ok... I don't know if a coincidence! But maybe a cable is moving? I don't have a clue how it works though so please any pointers appreciated

What can I check?

#8211 3 years ago

T rex issues....
When i do a test both flippers make him go left. He won't turn right at all.
So the motor is working.
Surely pressing right flipper should make him go right?
Update : sometimes when I lift the playfield and test he works ok... I don't know if a coincidence! But maybe a cable is moving? I don't have a clue how it works though so please any pointers appreciated
What can I check?

Open rexie up replace the wires

#8212 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Open rexie up replace the wires

Could it be that?

I traced the wires to this... Its a relay?
When it works it clicks when i switch from left to right.
If it doesn't it doesn't click.

Sometimes it seems like pushing on it with my finger makes it click over and motor changes direction

20200924_170342 (resized).jpg20200924_170342 (resized).jpg
#8213 3 years ago

Could it be that?
I traced the wires to this... Its a relay?
When it works it clicks when i switch from left to right.
If it doesn't it doesn't click.
Sometimes it seems like pushing on it with my finger makes it click over and motor changes direction [quoted image]

I had a similar problem and changed that relay, problem was fixed after that for me

#8214 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I had a similar problem and changed that relay, problem was fixed after that for me

I resoldered it and its working now. Must have been old cold solder?

#8215 3 years ago

I resoldered it and its working now. Must have been old cold solder?

DOPE!

#8216 3 years ago

With regards to pin2dmd and the jp colourisation, does it work with 6.0 or are their issues?

#8217 3 years ago

With regards to pin2dmd and the jp colourisation, does it work with 6.0 or are their issues?

Works just fine for me. I honestly like the colors better than the colordmd I used to have in its place.

#8218 3 years ago

Another new JP owner question...
The ball doesn't come out of the bunker with much force... Very slow.
I have a cliffy in which means sometimes the ball gets stuck then slowly drops in, so i guess it has an effect on the ejecting of the ball too?
Update: i removed the cliffys... They were bending a bit anyway and now the ball behaves in a much more predictable way.

Also i have my rear leg levellers as high as possible and still only just on 6.5 degrees. Front legs at lowest.
All the legs and levelers appear to be the same sizes... Any idea?

Quoted from jesperpark:

Works just fine for me. I honestly like the colors better than the colordmd I used to have in its place.

Brill. I'm trying to source one as well as the spacers I believe i require.

Edit:
I've noticed sometimes the ball stops between the ball guide and the left flipper. Is this a flipper alignment issue? Advice please

20200927_003109 (resized).jpg20200927_003109 (resized).jpg
#8219 3 years ago

looking to trade my wcs94 in very,very good condition for a jurassic park de 1993

#8220 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I cannot find any direct correlation. It is also not the right ramp exit as I have the right ramp enter isolated. Here is how I can trigger the problem every time.
I can recreate the problem now. When the TRex eats the ball, the next time the right ramp enter is triggered it will do a ball drain.
Is it possible this is not a issue with the switches at all, and in the CPU? Or does this sound more like a switch issue?
Thanks for all your help, this has been a fun learning experience, so far.
rob[quoted image]

Putting my solution in case others have a similar issue. I had a problem with my T Rex Center switch, where I had to replace a shorted diode. Here is what I did to determine the bad diode. I also found this post to be really helpful explaining how the switch matrix worked and how to diagnose. https://homepinballrepair.com/pinball-switch-lamp-matrix-troubleshooting/#column-short with video explaining how to troubleshoot:

Thanks to those who gave me a kick in the right direction! I learned a lot.

rob
Jurassic Park Switch Matrix (resized).jpgJurassic Park Switch Matrix (resized).jpg

#8221 3 years ago

Have you guys seen these?

120259934_1440373529497409_4295657845503125371_o (resized).jpg120259934_1440373529497409_4295657845503125371_o (resized).jpg

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=jurassic+park&post_type=product

#8223 3 years ago

A pinsider here made them. Not sure if he struck a deal with retro refurbs to sell them though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-de-stern-alternate-translite-cabinet-decals

#8224 3 years ago

God damn, I want to pull the trigger on that right now. Are these in limited supply? I don’t know if I’m currently in a position to buy these, but possibly after the new year.

#8225 3 years ago

Here's another,

Are these posts and rubbers supposed to be different sizes?

Also i have a box of plastics with mine, including one of the JP logo. Is that supposed to go anywhere or is it for the keyring?

20200929_033506 (resized).jpg20200929_033506 (resized).jpg
#8226 3 years ago

Here's another,
Are these posts and rubbers supposed to be different sizes?
Also i have a box of plastics with mine, including one of the JP logo. Is that supposed to go anywhere or is it for the keyring?
[quoted image]

The one by the scoop is supposed to be thinner than the ramp entrance posts.

The JP logo plastic sounds like a key ring/promo plastic.

#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Leaving the club...
I am going to sell:
Brand new full CPR plastic set
New plastic protector set (Pinbits)
Bumper cap set (with T-rex on it)
GI controller board (EnerGI Maestro).
Before I upload to Market one by one, any interest about a good package deal (no worries, I am going to pay fee in any case)? Please send me a PM.
Maybe I can throw in my last ball through opto board into the package.
Thanks.

Guys, my last for sale JP mods/parts:
Ball trough opto board (with JP logo from the 1st limited run)
Tim's moving gate mode
Original pop bumper caps

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-part-lot-opto-board-moving-gate-bumper-cap

#8228 3 years ago

My JP has white flippers... But most in here are yellow. Are yellow flippers what JP was intended to have?

#8229 3 years ago

My JP has white flippers... But most in here are yellow. Are yellow flippers what JP was intended to have?

Yellow was factory

#8230 3 years ago

Ok, I'm having trouble with T-rex eating the ball and cannot for the life of me now get him to work at all.
I changed the up/down motor woth a known working one and id definitely works but like an idiot I did not take a photo of where the rotating cam sits in relation to the switches so now cannot get it to work at all. Can someone please provide a photo or advice

thx

#8231 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Ok, I'm having trouble with T-rex eating the ball and cannot for the life of me now get him to work at all.
I changed the up/down motor woth a known working one and id definitely works but like an idiot I did not take a photo of where the rotating cam sits in relation to the switches so now cannot get it to work at all. Can someone please provide a photo or advice
thx

I have some photos taken under the playfield of my JP. See the link below. Hopefully one of these will help you out.

Gord

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AJH2VkE1UkR56cTp8

#8232 3 years ago

I got 800mil tonight, barely played it much except checking it's working.

I got about four extra balls... I'm not sure how?
One from the mode
One from replay score

I don't know how you get others?

And what should I change to make JP more of a challenge?

#8233 3 years ago

Confirm the playfield angle is 6.5deg. Adjustment 6, set extra balls to zero. Confirm your flippers bands are rubber and not supper bands.

#8234 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I have some photos taken under the playfield of my JP. See the link below. Hopefully one of these will help you out.

I'm in the midst of troublshooting my trex now. The center switch has too much play in it. He stops on center, but there are basically three different Left/Right "steps" of the motor that will still register the center switch as hit. When he is at the right one, he picks up the ball and holds onto it. When he is not at the right "step" he drops it (even though the center switch is hit).

GRB - would you (or anyone else) have some pictures that show the alignment of the center and L/R leaf switches?

thanks!

#8235 3 years ago

I got 800mil tonight, barely played it much except checking it's working.
I got about four extra balls... I'm not sure how?
One from the mode
One from replay score
I don't know how you get others?

More slope!
Wax it.
3 ball play.
Extra ball to 0 or 1.
T rex in memory off.
remove left outlane post if installed.

What rom version do you have?

#8237 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

More slope!
Wax it.
3 ball play.
Extra ball to 0 or 1.
T rex in memory off.
remove left outlane post if installed.
What rom version do you have?

It claims its at 6.5, confirmed with phone app. But my levellers are at the highest!

I waxed it when I got it but I might give it a once over today.

What is the default settings for replay scores? I like that on for other people and my other pins but i may have set it too low, or maybe I'll turn it off on JP.

I have a post on the right outlane not the left

What does T Rex in memory do?

Using the new 6.0 rom
Its funny i couldn't get past 300mil and played two games last night with that 800mil being the second. Maybe a freak occurrence

#8238 3 years ago

What is the default settings for replay scores?

The replay score starts at 180 IIRC, but will automatically adjust upward if it is hit too often. But unless you’re giving an extra ball instead of a free game, that wouldn’t make the game harder...

By default, hitting the trex holds the T R E X letters you have collected from ball to ball. If you turn this off, you use the letters after each ball and need to start over.

#8239 3 years ago

It claims its at 6.5, confirmed with phone app. But my levellers are at the highest!
I waxed it when I got it but I might give it a once over today.
What is the default settings for replay scores? I like that on for other people and my other pins but i may have set it too low, or maybe I'll turn it off on JP.
I have a post on the right outlane not the left
Using the new 6.0 rom
Its funny i couldn't get past 300mil and played two games last night with that 800mil being the second. Maybe a freak occurrence

Most of the big points on this game come from Tri-ball. One would assume you are getting a Super Jackpot in the second part of CHAOS with scores above 800 million. With more than 1 extra ball, you should also be hitting the System Failure wizard mode which will typically net at least 100 million.

#8240 3 years ago

Which tournament mode should I use? I tried EXPO but it erased all high scores. Do they all do that?

#8241 3 years ago

Which tournament mode should I use? I tried EXPO but it erased all high scores. Do they all do that?

They all do that. I use Expo.

---------------------------------

Adj. 41 Tournament Style- Set to NONE, PINBALL EXPO, IFPA-PAPA or HOME. This function determines the
default conditions to quickly prepare a game for tournament play. When this setting is changed all audits will be
reset and all adjustments will be initiated to the particular style selected. The game will then return to game over
attract mode, as if a Factory Restore had been performed.
NONE - Same as a Factory Reset conditions.
IFPA-PAPA- Straight 50¢ play, no replay, no Extra Ball, no High Scores, 2 Tilt Warnings and No Match.
PINBALL EXPO- Same as IFPA-PAPA settings except Free Play is enabled.
HOME-Sets game for Free Play, extra ball play, no replay, 10% Match and Extra Ball percentage= 30%.

#8242 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

They all do that. I use Expo.
---------------------------------
Adj. 41 Tournament Style- Set to NONE, PINBALL EXPO, IFPA-PAPA or HOME. This function determines the
default conditions to quickly prepare a game for tournament play. When this setting is changed all audits will be
reset and all adjustments will be initiated to the particular style selected. The game will then return to game over
attract mode, as if a Factory Restore had been performed.
NONE - Same as a Factory Reset conditions.
IFPA-PAPA- Straight 50¢ play, no replay, no Extra Ball, no High Scores, 2 Tilt Warnings and No Match.
PINBALL EXPO- Same as IFPA-PAPA settings except Free Play is enabled.
HOME-Sets game for Free Play, extra ball play, no replay, 10% Match and Extra Ball percentage= 30%.

How strange, Bally Williams don't erase audits or high scores do they?

What is the extra ball percentage? Not a random extra ball?

I've played a few games and appeared to get an extra ball with no idea how I got it. It wasn't the replay score.
Do you get an EB for something other than replay or mode?

#8243 3 years ago

Do you get an EB for something other than replay or mode?

In Expo mode, I only recall 10mil points for completing the EB mode.

#8244 3 years ago

I've long been a believer in 'Better is the enemy of Good Enough' ... so against my own judgment, I confess: I messed up.

My kids have been absolutely loving JP since we got it about a month ago. (Who am I kidding? My wife and I have been too.) The game arrived with a 100% functional T-rex, never had a single problem in the hundreds of games we've already put on it.

But he really, really needed teeth, on that we all agreed.

So I ordered Mr. Tantrum's 3D printed teeth. For whatever reason, on mine, they needed a lot of trimming/modifying/adjustment/tinkering, and my T-rex head needed a lot of heat-gunning/remolding, in order to install them in there without interfering with functionality. It was not over quickly, and I did not enjoy it. After the long battle, what's left of the teeth are in, and it looks way better than it used to.

BUT OF COURSE ... now my T-Rex only successfully picks up the ball about 65% of the time.

So here I am, crying the lament of the DE JP owner who foolishly messed with his T-rex.

Point and laugh. Or empathize and cry. Either way, woe is me.

#8245 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I've long been a believer in 'Better is the enemy of Good Enough' ... so against my own judgment, I confess: I messed up.
My kids have been absolutely loving JP since we got it about a month ago. (Who am I kidding? My wife and I have been too.) The game arrived with a 100% functional T-rex, never had a single problem in the hundreds of games we've already put on it.
But he really, really needed teeth, on that we all agreed.
So I ordered Mr. Tantrum's 3D printed teeth. For whatever reason, on mine, they needed a lot of trimming/modifying/adjustment/tinkering, and my T-rex head needed a lot of heat-gunning/remolding, in order to install them in there without interfering with functionality. It was not over quickly, and I did not enjoy it. After the long battle, what's left of the teeth are in, and it looks way better than it used to.
BUT OF COURSE ... now my T-Rex only successfully picks up the ball about 65% of the time.
So here I am, crying the lament of the DE JP owner who foolishly messed with his T-rex.
Point and laugh. Or empathize and cry. Either way, woe is me.

Pics or it didnt happen.

#8246 3 years ago

Pics or it didnt happen.

lol pics of the final teeth setup or pics of it not working??

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

lol pics of the final teeth setup or pics of it not working??

All of it!

#8248 3 years ago

Make sure that the activation of switch in the pick up sequence are spot on
Go into trex test and make sure the down position switch doesnt activate too early
It looses power and drops ball if so

#8249 3 years ago

Here's the teeth... had to cut out quite a few to make it work but it still looks better than before!

As far as the problem, it seems like sometimes the jaw doesn't open quite far enough, so he ends up kissing the ball instead of eating it. My daughter reported he occasionally picks it up butndoesnt swallow it -- that explains the little wedge-shaped piece that was placed in mouth by the previous owner, that I'd removed to try to make the teeth fit.

20201006_174710 (resized).jpg20201006_174710 (resized).jpg
#8250 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Here's the teeth... had to cut out quite a few to make it work but it still looks better than before!
As far as the problem, it seems like sometimes the jaw doesn't open quite far enough, so he ends up kissing the ball instead of eating it. My daughter reported he occasionally picks it up butndoesnt swallow it -- that explains the little wedge-shaped piece that was placed in mouth by the previous owner, that I'd removed to try to make the teeth fit.[quoted image]

You probably need to bend those top tabs out a bit until it scoops instead of kisses. I've never seen this mod before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/165?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.