IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 203.
#8101 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Many thanks GRB1959 for going to the trouble. My apologies. I see now I should have given coordinates for the location: the stray red-black wire is located next to the right side under-playfield hinge pin near the back of the machine. If you look at my photo, the other 2 red-black wires in question share the same junction strip with red-brown and yellow-grey wire pairs. You can see part of the hinge pin there. Thanks!

Ah ha, perhaps these 4 photos are more to your liking then?

Gord

P1020095 (resized).JPGP1020095 (resized).JPG
P1020096 (resized).JPGP1020096 (resized).JPG
P1020097 (resized).JPGP1020097 (resized).JPG
P1020098 (resized).JPGP1020098 (resized).JPG

#8102 3 years ago

Perfect! Gord, If you ever need a DE JP reference photo just send me a pm — I don’t always check this club. Your machine looks like new. Beautiful. Must have been well taken care of. Thanks again. Glen

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Perfect! Gord, If you ever need a DE JP reference photo just send me a pm — I don’t always check this club. Your machine looks like new. Beautiful. Must have been well taken care of. Thanks again. Glen

Good deal, I am glad that the photos were able to provide you with the reference point that you needed to fix your issue. Yeah, I purchased my JP a little over 5 years ago from the original owner and it was truly a HUO game and it is in really nice condition.

Gord

#8104 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I just got mine, too!! Those two white-green wires both go to one terminal on the switch for the lower right kick-out hole plunger.

I already have two green-white wires connected there. And of my two loose ones, only one is green-white, the other is just white.

#8105 3 years ago

I am looking for the screw that is circled in the photo below for my JP. The screw is pretty long and attaches to the underside of the playfield via T-nut. There are 3 of these screws on each outlane guide.

I checked in the JP manual and cannot find the specs for the screw that is circled and I also checked Marco's for JP parts and cannot find it either. Any help on where to source these screws is appreciated.

Gord

DSCN0055_Circle (resized).jpgDSCN0055_Circle (resized).jpg

#8106 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I am looking for the screw that is circled in the photo below for my JP. The screw is pretty long and attaches to the underside of the playfield via T-nut. There are 3 of these screws on each outlane guide.
I checked in the JP manual and cannot find the specs for the screw that is circled and I also checked Marco's for JP parts and cannot find it either. Any help on where to source these screws is appreciated.
Gord
[quoted image]

Chuckle.

Home Depot.

#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Chuckle.
Home Depot.

Fastenal

#8108 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord
[quoted image]

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01027-40

#8109 3 years ago

Not sure that is correct, I used 3" ones. 2.5" might be too short.

#8110 3 years ago

I have another weird issue. Once I start a game it won't change mode's (Stampede, Mosquito etc etc) What switch does this? So I can start trouble shooting this problem.

Thx in advance.

#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Not sure that is correct, I used 3" ones. 2.5" might be too short.

6-32 x 3 inches is the correct size for replacement screws. Thanks.

Gord

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

I have another weird issue. Once I start a game it won't change mode's (Stampede, Mosquito etc etc) What switch does this? So I can start trouble shooting this problem.
Thx in advance.

Factory chip I believe it’s a pre determined selection order. With v6 chip it’s random selection.

#8113 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Factory chip I believe it’s a pre determined selection order. With v6 chip it’s random selection.

IIRC, the pop bumpers cause it to advance on the 6.0 code (or if you enter a mode, obviously)

#8114 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

IIRC, the pop bumpers cause it to advance on the 6.0 code (or if you enter a mode, obviously)

This is my problem, the same mode is on for the whole game (all 3 balls), what makes the game switch between codes as your playing? Or is it just me? It's one of these funny things that once it happens you can't work it out LOL

#8115 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

This is my problem, the same mode is on for the whole game (all 3 balls), what makes the game switch between codes as your playing? Or is it just me? It's one of these funny things that once it happens you can't work it out LOL

Check the scoop switch in switch test rol in a ball and see if it activates.
The scoops have 2 switches
Its the switch in the middle of t he scoop trough.

#8116 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

He's talking about the ROM code, you can't switch that while you're playing a game. What ROM version is installed on your game? You should see this at pin bootup. Only Chad's 6.0 code randomizes the modes. Official DE code did not do this.

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Quoted from jorro:

Check the scoop switch in switch test rol in a ball and see if it activates.
The scoops have 2 switches
Its the switch in the middle of t he scoop trough.

Its this.

You aren't in a mode when you start, you have to activate a mode by hitting the "control room" scoop.
If the switch doesn't register it won't start a mode, super common on this game.
May be as "easy" as bending the arm so the ball makes better contact with it.

The 6.0 code is a new chip on the MPU board in the backbox, I recommend it, makes the gameplay better.

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/jurassic-park-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade/

#8118 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Its this.
You aren't in a mode when you start, you have to activate a mode by hitting the "control room" scoop.
If the switch doesn't register it won't start a mode, super common on this game.
May be as "easy" as bending the arm so the ball makes better contact with it.
The 6.0 code is a new chip on the MPU board in the backbox, I recommend it, makes the gameplay better.
https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/jurassic-park-pinball-cpu-display-upgrade/

I'm running Chad's 6.0 code.
Thank you for all the replies. I'm leaning towards a non-working switch in the control room scoop. Will update soon.

#8119 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

I'm leaning towards a non-working switch in the control room scoop.

You said it won't "change modes." Are you able to START any modes?

#8120 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

You said it won't "change modes." Are you able to START any modes?

"the same mode is on for the whole game (all 3 balls), what makes the game switch between codes as your playing?"

he probably means its not activating modes and he has prob got the old code so always ready for stampede mode?

#8121 3 years ago

Well, I've decided to put my JP up for sale. I only have room for 3 pins, and as much as I've done to this and want to love it, it's my least favorite to play in my collection. Who knows I've I'll get a reasonable offer or not so I still may be around for awhile, but please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested in purchasing an excellent example of this pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102107

#8122 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I've decided to put my JP up for sale

Its sad to see you leave my jurassic friend.
Thanks for all your work and mods for JP!

#8123 3 years ago

Thanks, but haven't left just yet. Also, if I ever do I'll still be offering all of my mods for current & future would be owners.

#8124 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I've decided to put my JP up for sale. I only have room for 3 pins, and as much as I've done to this and want to love it, it's my least favorite to play in my collection. Who knows I've I'll get a reasonable offer or not so I still may be around for awhile, but please spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested in purchasing an excellent example of this pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102107

Wow, can’t believe you’re thinking of letting it go. Your game is a work of art. Lots of great games for sale right now, but I’m going to think long and hard about yours. Just a bit more than I’m willing to spend, but I know you put a lot into it.

Next game better be an Avengers LE to keep the stoplight theme you got.

#8125 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Wow, can’t believe you’re thinking of letting it go. Your game is a work of art. Lots of great games for sale right now, but I’m going to think long and hard about yours. Just a bit more than I’m willing to spend, but I know you put a lot into it.
Next game better be an Avengers LE to keep the stoplight theme you got.

I've really enjoyed bringing this pin to where it is, and I had the vision for it long before I was ever able to acquire it. I really like the theme, the game looks and shows great, but as much as I want to love playing it, I'm at the point where it doesn't draw me back. I've only been into pinball for a few years, so I'm still trying to figure out the style(s) of games I like to play the most. My other two games are Getaway (my first - and I've put just as much or more work into that one as JP), and AFMr LE (my personal #1 on the list of pinball). I would consider both of those games to have lots of flow with multiple ramp/loop shots. JP is a little more stop and start, and working your way through the sequential modes. Not saying that it is bad, but for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me as much.

I will say that reaching CHAOS mode and shutting down the system upon achieving all of the objectives are fun modes, but I've achieved these a multitude of times. I think that now is the time for me to let someone else enjoy the game. Here in the last few months, I've decided that I'd like to own a modern day Stern game. I've never owned a Stern, and from my limited experience playing them they are different. They seem to have deeper rulesets that the classic DE/Bally/Williams games, and have a different feel to them. I'd like to maybe own something where I really have to work over an extended period of time to "beat" the machine. Granted, I've not yet ruled the universe on my AFMr, but that is coming one of these days.

We'll see how interest goes and I'm in no rush or pressure to move it, so it still may be mine for some time.

#8126 3 years ago

Totally get it. And modern Stern’s are certainly different. With that said, have you thought about their version of Jurassic Park? I’ve not had the chance to play it yet, but it keeps you in the same theme.

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Totally get it. And modern Stern’s are certainly different. With that said, have you thought about their version of Jurassic Park? I’ve not had the chance to play it yet, but it keeps you in the same theme.

I have played a couple of games on an Stern JP LE, and I did like it. While I've not come to any decision at all yet (never one to count chickens before they hatch), the Stern JP will be on the short list for sure.

#8128 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have played a couple of games on an Stern JP LE, and I did like it. While I've not come to any decision at all yet (never one to count chickens before they hatch), the Stern JP will be on the short list for sure.

I recently sold my DE JP, and it was one of the toughest pins I've ever had to let go of. Owning a Stern JP made it easier, however. It's a great game.

#8129 3 years ago

Sale is pending, thank you to everyone who expressed interest.

Kind of funny in that I've had 2 JP mod orders since I put the pin online yesterday. Just to reassure the community, I don't plan on going anywhere and will still be offering all of my DE JP mods in the future (see partial items in Pinside classifieds or PM me for a full list).

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Kind of funny in that I've had 2 JP mod orders since I put the pin online yesterday. Just to reassure the community, I don't plan on going anywhere and will still be offering all of my DE JP mods in the future (see partial items in Pinside classifieds or PM me for a full list).

What are you going to get to replace it?

#8131 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What are you going to get to replace it?

Haven't decided yet. I just know that I want a Stern pin, so once the deal is done I'll begin thinking about it and searching in earnest.

#8132 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Haven't decided yet. I just know that I want a Stern pin, so once the deal is done I'll begin thinking about it and searching in earnest.

It's like your reading my mind. I just sold mine and now I'm looking at Stern pins.

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Damn that was fast! Congrats! I’ll miss seeing you active in this thread. The new owner is getting a great machine ready to go.

#8134 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, if I ever do I'll still be offering all of my mods for current & future would be owners.

You are the man for doing this.

#8135 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Find an ehoh. You will not regret, and you can make all kinds of mods for it

#8136 3 years ago

We haven’t played our JP in about 6 months but figured we play some today. When we turned it on, we ran into a strange audio problem, never have had this happen before. This video will demonstrate:

Here is a second one where I run the diagnostics. Sorry, it’s a little long but in summary Voice ROM 2 just clicks. Voice ROM 1 sounds like somebody dying. The music tests work and I can let Music 2 & Music 3 run their whole length but Music 1 will freeze it up like it does at start-up.

I changed out the U7, U17, and U21 chips but no change.

Anybody ever encountered anything like this?

PS some of the sounds in the background are my son watching Jurassic Park—he figured if he couldn’t play the pinball game, he’d watch the movie.

#8137 3 years ago

Hi all,

I am repairing a Data East JP. I have looked in the manual and cant find a part that is needed. Under the Trex there is a ball blocking metal bracket. Its held on by 2 screws. I need a pic and measurement of the spacer that is underneath that bracket. this is the bracket. pics and measurements would be great. thanks

jp piece (resized).jpgjp piece (resized).jpg
#8138 3 years ago

I just noticed on my recently acquired DE JP that the 10" clear lexan shield behind the upper flipper is missing. From the pics I've seen, it's held down by two tall hex-posts (which are still there on mine). So, is this a critical part? If so, any idea where one is obtainable? Or am I better off trying to make one? Thanks.

#8139 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I just noticed on my recently acquired DE JP that the 10" clear lexan shield behind the upper flipper is missing. From the pics I've seen, it's held down by two tall hex-posts (which are still there on mine). So, is this a critical part? If so, any idea where one is obtainable? Or am I better off trying to make one? Thanks.

People take them off to mount jeeps and dinosaurs. Its just to keep the ball from getting stuck up there in event of an airball.

#8140 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

Hi all,
I am repairing a Data East JP. I have looked in the manual and cant find a part that is needed. Under the Trex there is a ball blocking metal bracket. Its held on by 2 screws. I need a pic and measurement of the spacer that is underneath that bracket. this is the bracket. pics and measurements would be great. thanks
[quoted image]

Mine had a couple of flat washers, just need to be high enough to clear the glide "foot" guide that moves from left to right when the t-rex is in motion.

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I've never seen one for sale. I also never had a ball land there.

#8142 3 years ago

I suspected so. No worries. Thanks. Incredible game. Addiction in progress.

#8143 3 years ago

I need some help with a topper that I bought!

It was purchased second hand because the original owner couldn’t get it installed/sold the machine before installing it. Turns out that this connection cable linked here...

https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/mezel-mods-pinball-power-adapter?variant=22033435716

... is needed to connect to a Data East machine. Unfortunately either it never was purchased alongside the topper or got lost somewhere along the way.

I would be happy to purchase the one in the link but because I’m from Canada the shipping is going to be an additional $65 dollars. Luckily I have a friend who is willing to help me make one but he’s unsure about at least one thing and maybe more... hopefully he’ll respond with any additional questions.

Firstly though he’s wondering which connector to use at the power supply. Hopefully someone here can help answer his question! I’m also going to look through the manual as well!

#8144 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

It was purchased second hand because the original owner couldn’t get it installed/sold the machine before installing it. Turns out that this connection cable linked here...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/mezel-mods-pinball-power-adapter?variant=22033435716
... is needed to connect to a Data East machine. Unfortunately either it never was purchased alongside the topper or got lost somewhere along the way.
I would be happy to purchase the one in the link but because I’m from Canada the shipping is going to be an additional $65 dollars. Luckily I have a friend who is willing to help me make one but he’s unsure about at least one thing and maybe more... hopefully he’ll respond with any additional questions.
Firstly though he’s wondering which connector to use at the power supply. Hopefully someone here can help answer his question! I’m also going to look through the manual as well!

This is who made it and are pretty responsive and helpful! https://tilttopper.com/

#8145 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Just installed mine yesterday. Here is a picture of the harness. I didn't use it so I didn't look for where it plugs in, I just plugged in to my 8 way splitter.

20200911_190823 (resized).jpg20200911_190823 (resized).jpg20200911_190833 (resized).jpg20200911_190833 (resized).jpg
#8146 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

This is who made it and are pretty responsive and helpful! https://tilttopper.com/

Edit: He reached out to me today. I guess we just had crossed lines, all is good, I didn't know his name on pinside but seems like he is pretty easy to get ahold of on here.

#8147 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Can you try (I know its tight behind there) to take a picture of the light strip(s) that are on the back of the T-rex for me, curious if its the same. Mine only has one strip.

Mine pretty much only lights up and pulses behind the neck.

Here is mine and a picture from the website.

I haven't changed the bulbs behind yet, have Rgb in there now, I think I'll pull the mounting brackets off and flush mount it.

20200911_083128 (resized).jpg20200911_083128 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200911-082401_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200911-082401_Facebook (resized).jpg
#8148 3 years ago

Hello old friends.
E4EA0820-27A8-4CA2-9B05-A36BBA602E21 (resized).jpegE4EA0820-27A8-4CA2-9B05-A36BBA602E21 (resized).jpeg

I was searching all of my pins for a burning plastic smell that shows up 10ish minutes into the pins being on. Touched the power cord to the ColorDMD, speakers lightly popped. Didn’t think much of it. Turned the machine off. Back on. Sound is very low and will not increase. No colordmd.
Reset the ColorDMD adapter at J16 and the factory power - which btw doesn’t feel tight, checked alignment 20 times.
Sound back working fully. Still no ColorDMD.
Ideas on where I start to look?
FYI - Had dmd(non color) issues about 5 years ago when I pulled the pin out of hibernation. I don’t remember what was repaired but remember it was a board issue.
No idea of burnt plastic smell was coming from JP. Still never tracked it down.

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Hello old friends.

That's funny (the pic, that is)!

#8150 3 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Ideas on where I start to look?

You will probably get some good suggestions in the color DMD specific tread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/163?hl=wolffcub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.