IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1972 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1969 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1970 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 203.
#7851 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

I'm afraid I can't help you with the plungers.. This game is going back to my friend now :O

Nice! They should light up when t-rex multiball is ready!

#7852 3 years ago

Does anyone have or know where to get the lower jaw of trex? Ours got a chip in front tonight. Thx,, ,

#7853 3 years ago

Thx

#7854 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does anyone have or know where to get the lower jaw of trex? Ours got a chip in front tonight. Thx,, ,

https://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/catalog/product/view/id/5135/s/jurassic-park-dinosaur-head-jaw/

#7855 3 years ago

Out of the club now, game is back at my friends house haha.

Quoted from koops:

Nice! They should light up when t-rex multiball is ready!

You could connect them to the red light that turns on when you have to shoot the Trex Or like my friends machine: connect them to the GI so the lights so the eyes flash together with them.

#7858 3 years ago

My upper field is usually dark.
The lights there are all operating fine and turn on from time to time.
Can any owner share with me if usually during a game the lights in the upper field are on or off? I want to understand if I have a problem or not.

I would thought the lights should all be on, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I mean the lights near the upper loop and the spotlights in the T-rex.

Thanks team

#7859 3 years ago

Well, I was finally able to put the cherry on top of my caution themed Jurassic Park. I like the new backglass that was shown recently, but I wanted several changes that the creator was unwilling to do. Therefore, I sourced various elements from the web (non directly from him), and created the design the way I wanted it. I then had a Pinside friend actually print the design on glass (this is not a translite). The backglass arrived today, and it is stunning!

Of course, I couldn't just do the backglass and keep the stock light board layout. Therefore, I completely redesigned and fabricated a new light board. I designed it in such a way that I could use Comet fire bulbs behind all of the flames, and I think it came out great.

I'd say I am finally done with modding this game, but there is always something else that comes up.

The pin looks great in the center of my 3 game line up (my son callS my game layout the traffic light for obvious reasons). All of this modding has lead me to a newfound enjoyment of the game, and I'm proud to have a one-of-a-kind JP now.

IMG_4058.JPGIMG_4058.JPGJP_Glass.gifJP_Glass.gifIMG_4064.JPGIMG_4064.JPGJP_Board.gifJP_Board.gifIMG_4066.JPGIMG_4066.JPG

#7860 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was finally able to put the cherry on top of my caution themed Jurassic Park.

JP.gifJP.gif
#7861 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I was finally able to put the cherry on top of my caution themed Jurassic Park. I like the new backglass that was shown recently, but I wanted several changes that the creator was unwilling to do. Therefore, I sourced various elements from the web (non directly from him), and created the design the way I wanted it. I then had a Pinside friend actually print the design on glass (this is not a translite). The backglass arrived today, and it is stunning!
Of course, I couldn't just to the backglass and keep the stock light board layout. Therefore, I completely redesigned and fabricated a new lightboard entirely. I designed it in such a way that I could use Comet fire bulbs behind all of the flames, and I think it came out great. I'd say I was done with modding this game, but there is always something else that comes up, but for now I'm really happy with it.
The pin look great in the center of my 3 game line up (my son call my game layout the traffic light for obvious reasons). All of this modding has lead me to a newfound enjoyment of the game, and I'm proud to have a one-of-a-kind JP now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm usually not a fan of the caution tape but that looks great! Nice work.

#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'm usually not a fan of the caution tape but that looks great! Nice work.

Thanks. I had it in my head that I would do it before I ever bought the game. However, I’ll admit that I took things further than I had ever envisioned.

#7863 3 years ago

Just WOW

And love the comet fire bulbs i need some!!

#7864 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Just WOW
And love the comet fire bulbs i need some!!

Those are soo cool behind the back glass and slow blinker and fast blinker bulbs.

#7865 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Those are soo cool behind the back glass and slow blinker and fast blinker bulbs.

To increase the effect, these areas do not have a white layer covering them like the rest of the backglass. They still have color print on them (e.g. orange flames, yellow eyes on the dinos, etc.) just not the white overlay.

#7866 3 years ago

BTW, if anyone is interested in purchasing this backglass, please PM me. I'm happy to share my contact, but he does not want to openly advertise. Obviously, you would need to replace the light board for full effect, and I will happily share by design plans for free with anyone who wanted to undergo the project.

#7867 3 years ago
Quoted from Yaron:

My upper field is usually dark.
The lights there are all operating fine and turn on from time to time.
Can any owner share with me if usually during a game the lights in the upper field are on or off? I want to understand if I have a problem or not.
I would thought the lights should all be on, but maybe I'm mistaken.
I mean the lights near the upper loop and the spotlights in the T-rex.
Thanks team

Problem solved.
It is the Peripherals/environment lights. It should usually be on.
It was not a game code thing, just a simple weak contact of the wires on the board.

Thanks

#7868 3 years ago

Finally in the lineup.

20200614_114038 (resized).jpg20200614_114038 (resized).jpg
#7869 3 years ago

Rules question (running chad’s code but I don’t think it matters)...

What determines if a control room shot starts a mode vs nedry saying “you didn’t say the magic word”?

And if nedry does say that call out, what do you have to do to “re enable” the control room?

#7870 3 years ago

I think hit control room scoop

#7871 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

What determines if a control room shot starts a mode vs nedry saying “you didn’t say the magic word”?
And if nedry does say that call out, what do you have to do to “re enable” the control room?

I believe you need to shoot the power shed scoop on the upper right part of the playfield to light the control room scoop.

Gord

#7872 3 years ago

The control room is lit when you start a ball, after you start the first game mode you have to shoot the power shed to relight it (stays lit until you hit it) or the inlane rollovers will light the control room for a short time as well (times out).

#7873 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

The Control Room shot will start a mode if it is lit. It is lit at the start of every ball. You can relight it by shooting the power shed(this makes it stay lit until you hit the control room), or you can light it for a few seconds after the ball rolls over either inlane switch.
After you complete all the modes and play the wizard mode, the only way to light the control room shot is by hitting the power shed.

#7874 3 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Curious if anyone has tried to hit the smart missile during system failure?

No what happens?

#7875 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

No what happens?

hardly anything. I made it once. Not sure what it gave me, but wasn't billions of points. Still didn't even beat my top score.

#7876 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You can relight it by shooting the power shed(this makes it stay lit until you hit the control room)

This is what I was looking for. Thanks to the many folks that responded.

#7877 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I believe you need to shoot the power shed scoop on the upper right part of the playfield to light the control room scoop.
Gord

That's what I meant ,oops

#7878 3 years ago

Just wanted to give a sincere thanks to everyone on this forum for the help thus far. This is my first pin and it has been a bumpy road! Blown fuses, new boards, flipper issues, and bent cliffys. In a few weeks I've gone from never seeing the underside of a playfield to soldering switches and removing plastics.

The game is almost dialed in and it wouldn't have been possible without all the help on here. And I never thought I would say it...but working on it is kinda half the fun!

Today seemed like a good time to commemorate since I just got the #1 spot on my own machine. Milestone achieved

Not an amazing score, and almost all of it was on Ball 1, but damn it was fun.

Consider me hooked. Thanks all!

JP (resized).jpgJP (resized).jpg
#7879 3 years ago

I noticed in one of the recent posts that there’s a metal wire type post/divider here dividing the outlane (attached to the screw just above) — is this normal? Do many people have this post in their machine or is it an addition?

Am trying to source the original pic I’ve seen

7681AE52-1D10-42F8-8707-93E76FEF2A71 (resized).jpeg7681AE52-1D10-42F8-8707-93E76FEF2A71 (resized).jpeg
#7880 3 years ago

Apologies to Mr_Tantrum — this was the pic that I noticed it for the first time:

Do many have this in their game? Is it standard?

Mr_Tantrum — did you add yours in?

3A73F25F-6FC8-4871-970D-6A4A3103C245 (resized).jpeg3A73F25F-6FC8-4871-970D-6A4A3103C245 (resized).jpeg

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Apologies to mr_tantrum — this was the pic that I noticed it for the first time:
Do many have this in their game? Is it standard?
mr_tantrum — did you add yours in?
[quoted image]

Funny, I saw the first pick and was asking myself, "What wire?". When I purchased the game, it was already there.

You might find a better frame, but they exist in both outlanes in this recent NIB unboxing:

#7882 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

I noticed in one of the recent posts that there’s a metal wire type post/divider here dividing the outlane (attached to the screw just above) — is this normal? Do many people have this post in their machine or is it an addition?
Am trying to source the original pic I’ve seen
[quoted image]

I have one on both sides.

#7883 3 years ago

Mine has a post on the right. But it is smooth all the way up. I couldn’t put a rubber ring on it.
On the left I don’t have a post, just what looks to be a pilot hole for one.

222C51EE-32A1-487F-BFD8-3758FBE44F1C (resized).jpeg222C51EE-32A1-487F-BFD8-3758FBE44F1C (resized).jpeg8BC83BD8-36B2-4CDF-A83C-23D3B07A2E5B (resized).jpeg8BC83BD8-36B2-4CDF-A83C-23D3B07A2E5B (resized).jpeg
#7884 3 years ago

From the video it looks like the game also has a pilot hole on the left and a post on the right without a rubber on it.
I found a good frame of the left hole. You can see the right side in a lot of shots, but it’s never closeup.

8284B70C-C0A8-4525-AC58-BA6D55EBE9CB (resized).jpeg8284B70C-C0A8-4525-AC58-BA6D55EBE9CB (resized).jpegF2335E5A-E785-4B55-9FD7-B0E60B411653 (resized).jpegF2335E5A-E785-4B55-9FD7-B0E60B411653 (resized).jpeg
#7885 3 years ago

thanks all -- Looks like im missing them...

If anyone has 2 extra of this wire lane boundaries, i'd be interested in purchasing them.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 8.31.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-06-18 at 8.31.48 PM (resized).png
#7886 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

thanks all -- Looks like im missing them...
If anyone has 2 extra of this wire lane boundaries, i'd be interested in purchasing them.
[quoted image]

No wonder you haven't been able to beat the high score.

#7887 3 years ago

From the manual, that part looks like "Wire Form 535-5642-00"

Cha-Ching! https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5642-00

And I only charge 100% commission on located parts!

#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No wonder you haven't been able to beat the high score.

LOLOL - I thought I just sucked.

Thanks so much for finding it, its much appreciated.

#7889 3 years ago

FYI, Marcos has free shipping this week if you order over $100.

#7890 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, Marcos has free shipping this week if you order over $100.

Thanks - sadly I’m in Canada and it’s 40$ shipping at a minimum so I’m gonna see if someone has some they’d like to sell as I can’t justify that shipping cost

#7891 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Thanks - sadly I’m in Canada and it’s 40$ shipping at a minimum so I’m gonna see if someone has some they’d like to sell as I can’t justify that shipping cost

That’s crazy. Would cost me about $26 to buy them and ship to you.

#7892 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Have you thought about making a set yourself?

All you would need is some needle nose pliers and some wire. You can buy the wire at most home improvement and hobby stores.

#7893 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That’s crazy. Would cost me about $26 to buy them and ship to you.

PM'd

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Have you thought about making a set yourself?
All you would need is some needle nose pliers and some wire. You can buy the wire at most home improvement and hobby stores.

That would be the next option for me if I can't find the factory part.

thanks for your help all!

#7894 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

PM'd

That would be the next option for me if I can't find the factory part.
thanks for your help all!

You might want to try asking in this thread as well

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-pinball-parts-wtblts-official-thread

But I agree shipping with Marco sucks to Canada. Something that was $7.00 to ship to my buddy in Nevada was $55.00 to get it to me direct from Marco. Pinball life is somewhat better.

#7895 3 years ago

Ok, I have a weird issue. Well weird to me......
During gameplay and immediately after the ball has drained, all the relays in the machine start firing off not rapidly but certainly often enough to be annoying.
Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?
Thanks in advance

#7896 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

During gameplay and immediately after the ball has drained, all the relays in the machine start firing off not rapidly but certainly often enough to be annoying.
Thanks in advance

Like it's searching for a ball? If so, might be the leftmost switch in the ball trough acting up or loose wire.

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Like it's searching for a ball? If so, might be the leftmost switch in the ball trough acting up or loose wire.

Thx for the speedy reply, unfortunately it can't be looking for a ball as they fire off even during gameplay. Having said that I will check this regardless.
Triball works as does Chaos (3 and 6 balls) it's just continually firing all the relays.....

#7898 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

You might want to try asking in this thread as well
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-pinball-parts-wtblts-official-thread
But I agree shipping with Marco sucks to Canada. Something that was $7.00 to ship to my buddy in Nevada was $55.00 to get it to me direct from Marco. Pinball life is somewhat better.

Thanks jesperpark

#7899 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Thx for the speedy reply, unfortunately it can't be looking for a ball as they fire off even during gameplay. Having said that I will check this regardless.

OK, you have relays firing, not coils. Relays are typically controlled by data from the CPU. Which relays are clicking?

#7900 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Thanks in advance

Check in the switch matrix what coils are fireing.
Sometimes it can be as simple as touching wires or a broken or shorting switch so it causes erratic behaviour.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Oakhurst, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
There are 10,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.