65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 203.
#7801 3 years ago

Thx

#7803 3 years ago

Can someone shoot a pic of the servicec switches? Is there 2 or 3? Never had a de oin before, trying to set game on free play.

#7804 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can someone shoot a pic of the servicec switches? Is there 2 or 3? Never had a de oin before, trying to set game on free play.

There is 2 buttons, very basic explanation

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-can-anyone-explain-the-data-east-service-menu

#7805 3 years ago

Thanks. Been reading up on it. wondering why it's not an in and out switch , they are calling it an up and down had me confused fr a bit all good now, I think, thx for your quick reply

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thanks. Been reading up on it. wondering why it's not an in and out switch , they are calling it an up and down had me confused fr a bit all good now, I think, thx for your quick reply

You are not the first one to be confused by the 2 buttons. Once you get the hang of it and a second Data East machine it will be easy to navigate

#7807 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

You are not the first one to be confused by the 2 buttons. Once you get the hang of it and a second Data East machine it will be easy to navigate

Haha how so. Sterns are so easy , I suppose this will be too,,,,, someday

#7808 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My full notes -

Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

some common settings -

adjustment 49 attract music = off
adjustment 4 game awards = credit -> Extra ball -> special
adjustment 46 trex eat balls = yes
adjustment 6 limit extra balls 3 -> 0
adjustment 41 tournament => EXPO (resets audits)
adjustment 30 Free Play

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha how so. Sterns are so easy , I suppose this will be too,,,,, someday

DE games very easy to navigate menu system and if you mess up easy to backup and change value.

#7810 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My full notes -
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
some common settings -
adjustment 30 Free Play

Just think, it took Williams 4 (twice the buttons) to do the same thing.

#7811 3 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My full notes -
some common settings -
adjustment 30 Free Play

Very helpful. Thx!!!!

#7812 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No. This operates fine, just didnt go down far enuf to grab ball. By taking out spacers, it grabs 100%

The "down switch" needs to be adjusted, no need of dismount. under the playfield, you turn by hand the vertical mecanism, and try to adjust for the "click" of the "down switch" to happend when the dino is down. and "voilà" you're good to go

#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Basically, the modes were all tweaked in a way where "if you do good, you will get around 30M"... that was the balancing goal with mode scoring.

Thank you for reviewing, now I need to do a test...

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm going to photoshop a danger high voltage sign for my sons, we have a color printer at work that does 11 x 17 prints.
I like the original, but not to the tune of 150 bucks

I think one of these will do nicely.

11faf8c44170c2ebb7beb8a1fa96a26d5ab610ac (resized).jpg11faf8c44170c2ebb7beb8a1fa96a26d5ab610ac (resized).jpg
#7815 3 years ago

The Jurassic Park I'm working on kept blowing Q4 on the PPB board, so the raptor kickback comes on as soon as you power on the game.
Found out that F5 PPB was a 6.3A fuse, instead of a 5A fuse. Don't know if related though.
I also replaced the coil with the one used as the knocker.

Some time ago I got the game working for a week, I turn it on and Q4 was shorted again.. Measured transistors and diodes and everything checked out.. It must be the coil Hopefully this did the trick and it stays working..

#7816 3 years ago

Tilt topper just installed. Dan was nice enough to send it out amongst the chaos (pun intended). Blends well with DE back glass. Almost done with this machine. It's been fun working on this JP. Or... Am I ever done?...

IMG_20200604_210730 (resized).jpgIMG_20200604_210730 (resized).jpgIMG_20200604_211302 (resized).jpgIMG_20200604_211302 (resized).jpg

#7817 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Tilt topper just installed. Dan was nice enough to send it out amongst the chaos (pun intended). Blends well with DE back glass. Almost done with this machine. It's been fun working on this JP. Or... Am I ever done?...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you Please rotate your pics, so I don’t have to tilt my head sideways to admire your topper?

#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can you Please rotate your pics, so I don’t have to tilt my head sideways to admire your topper?

Corrected. Difficult to rotate from the phone. Some of your mods are present Mr Tantrum. Unfortunately I had to remove the barbasol can because it was in competition with the banner light strip every time I lifted the playfield the clearance was tight. It'll make its way back eventually.

#7819 3 years ago

Hi,
I own Jurassic Park (DE) for few weeks now. Awesome machine.

Yesterday a problem started. When a ball is drained the machine does not detect it and behaves as though the ball is still in the game. It does detect the drained ball after a long time or as I click the flippers repeatedly.

In diagnostics all 6 switches in the trough seems to work properly, and last week I fix the "7th switch" which is in the release ball chain and posts here explained that it cause the "disappearing ball" during triball.

Any thoughts where should I look for the problem?

Thank you team.

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from Yaron:

Hi,
I own Jurassic Park (DE) for few weeks now. Awesome machine.
Yesterday a problem started. When a ball is drained the machine does not detect it and behaves as though the ball is still in the game. It does detect the drained ball after a long time or as I click the flippers repeatedly.
In diagnostics all 6 switches in the trough seems to work properly, and last week I fix the "7th switch" which is in the release ball chain and posts here explained that it cause the "disappearing ball" during triball.
Any thoughts where should I look for the problem?
Thank you team.

Recheck the switches and the diode connections on them.

#7821 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Sweet looking topper!

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Corrected. Difficult to rotate from the phone. Some of your mods are present Mr Tantrum. Unfortunately I had to remove the barbasol can because it was in competition with the banner light strip every time I lifted the playfield the clearance was tight. It'll make its way back eventually.

Just giving you a hard time. While it can be done, it is a pain on the phone.

Hmm, I don't seem to have any issue with mine interfering with the light box. However, you are right if you are at a point where you are lifting the playfield regularly for whatever reason. I can't tell you how many times I've snapped palm trees and nearly ripped my East Dock sign off while lifting the playfield - worst design ever.

#7823 3 years ago
Quoted from jurassicpark93:

The "down switch" needs to be adjusted, no need of dismount. under the playfield, you turn by hand the vertical mecanism, and try to adjust for the "click" of the "down switch" to happend when the dino is down. and "voilà" you're good to go

Thanks!

#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Looks really awesome and goes well with the back glass as you said. I was curious how this would look on a DE too. Thanks for sharing!

#7825 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Man I love that topper! I hit him up to see.if he might have an extra or the older edition he made for the DE a few years back. Hoping to hear from him!

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Recheck the switches and the diode connections on them.

Do you mean the trough switches? If so, I did....

also, I see that if I click the left flipper while the ball is already drawn but the machine did not recognize it yet it is being recognized immidiately, so it seems there is some link between these. Does it give anyone an idea what the problem might be?

#7827 3 years ago
Quoted from Yaron:

Do you mean the trough switches? If so, I did....
also, I see that if I click the left flipper while the ball is already drawn but the machine did not recognize it yet it is being recognized immidiately, so it seems there is some link between these. Does it give anyone an idea what the problem might be?

Rattles the trough switch which is sticking.

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Rattles the trough switch which is sticking.

Thanks.
The issue is now fixed.
The diode on trough #4 was loose. Just solder it and problem is solved. Easy fix.
Thank you

#7829 3 years ago

Hello guys, can anyone confirm to me that there is a missing part on the left "get away" loosing ball? And also If there is a rubber that is on this? I am getting pissed of loosing the ball so oftenly on the sides

Any references and pictures are welcome

Cheers

Inked102847595_276585516726676_6269492510683225923_n_LI (resized).jpgInked102847595_276585516726676_6269492510683225923_n_LI (resized).jpgInked103246915_2173053829507511_796314665390931631_n_LI (resized).jpgInked103246915_2173053829507511_796314665390931631_n_LI (resized).jpg
#7830 3 years ago

Hello guys, can anyone confirm to me that there is a missing part on the left "get away" loosing ball? And also If there is a rubber that is on this? I am getting pissed of loosing the ball so oftenly on the sides
Cheers

Nothing is there officially. Just an option.

#7831 3 years ago

Cheers

Mine is the same. Post on right only.

#7832 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nothing is there officially. Just an option.

I saw some pics on the forum with those on... so this is an option? not original?

#7833 3 years ago

Cheers

Mine is the same, only on the right outlane and with no rubber. I'm getting the same frustration that I'm loosing tons of balls on the left while not loosing much on the right

#7834 3 years ago

Yes right post only
Left is an optional hole to place a post.

Maybe try this first, and see how you like it before you screw in a post see picture

20200607_212715 (resized).jpg20200607_212715 (resized).jpg
#7835 3 years ago

Looks like mine came with posts installed by a previous owner along the line somewhere - lucky me.

Also, I just watched the unboxing of a NIB JP here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-unboxing-video
The video confirms what others have stated that these posts are not OEM. However, they probably should be as I would suspect the clear plastic part takes a beating and could be easily damaged over time.

IMG_4045.JPGIMG_4045.JPGIMG_4044.JPGIMG_4044.JPG

#7836 3 years ago

I have one on right side, but not on left.

#7837 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Beauty shot. Waiting for Comet order to replace those blaring white lights with some warm single SMD.[quoted image]

Damn fine looking pin. Glad I bought it

#7838 3 years ago

This is nothing new to you long term owners of this title but I got a little bored this rainy day. Not complete and still need to tweak sizes and proportions. The flicker is a nice touch.

D52112B1-2CBE-475A-BFB8-45A28E478043 (resized).jpegD52112B1-2CBE-475A-BFB8-45A28E478043 (resized).jpeg46CCBA99-7E3D-46A9-BCC3-73255007B44E (resized).jpeg46CCBA99-7E3D-46A9-BCC3-73255007B44E (resized).jpeg
#7839 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like mine came with posts installed by a previous owner along the line somewhere - lucky me.
Also, I just watched the unboxing of a NIB JP here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-jurassic-park-unboxing-video
The video confirms what others have stated that these posts are not OEM. However, they probably should be as I would suspect the clear plastic part takes a beating and could be easily damaged over time.

Ours has em on both sides. Moved the pteranodons today and inked ( tried to paint) the trex. I copied from earlier in thread, it looks pretty good
20200607_212854 (resized).jpg20200607_212854 (resized).jpg20200607_212917 (resized).jpg20200607_212917 (resized).jpg20200607_212935 (resized).jpg20200607_212935 (resized).jpg20200607_212951 (resized).jpg20200607_212951 (resized).jpg20200607_213002 (resized).jpg20200607_213002 (resized).jpg

#7840 3 years ago

When I power the game off, it shows random lines on the dmd. (Older photo from when Trex was dead, but lines on dmd are about the same as back then)
Voltages are fine.
It only happens when powering the game off, so not during gameplay.

What could be wrong?
My guess is that the dmd is going dead..
20200509_171537_HDR (resized).jpg20200509_171537_HDR (resized).jpg

#7841 3 years ago

Guys, I need Help, as I never had issue with the flippers, I don't have any experience with repare.
On the top right flipper, the pin connecting the plunger and the flipper link broke, I made a temporary replacement put I need to change the Plunger because it won't last long.
And I was thinking, ok, why not change all the Plungers and the coil sleeves to give my shots a new birth. (down flippers and top right)

But the problem is that I have no idea of what Plunger to buy, and the up right flipper seems to have a different reference if I trust the manual.
Too many choices on Internet, and I'm scared to buy the wrong Plungers and the wrong sleeve coils.
PS: As shipping is very expensive from US to France, I need to buy from Europe..

Any advices from you would be very helpfull
Thanks by advance for your help

Quoted from RobDutch:

What could be wrong?
[quoted image]

Is it me or your Trex's eyes are lighting red? wtf??

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes! The plastic looks so fragile on the left side.. how come there was no protection in this original unboxing?
And more strangely, there seems to be no rubber on the right spot.. only metal.. very strange

103475884_950694992062134_2936786303652450398_n (resized).jpg103475884_950694992062134_2936786303652450398_n (resized).jpg
#7842 3 years ago

Is it me or your Trex's eyes are lighting red? wtf??

Yes, red LEDs
It is my friends machine, he hooked those up to the gi.

PS: As shipping is very expensive from US to France, I need to buy from Europe..

Www.Ministryofpinball.nl
Www.Flipperwinkel.nl
Www.Pinballshop.nl
https://www.pinball.center/en/

#7843 3 years ago

I'm really digging those red eyes on the T-Rex. I'm curious on how to replicate.

#7844 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm really digging those red eyes on the T-Rex. I'm curious on how to replicate.

Easy:
1. Drill holes for the eyes
2. Solder 2 leds on wires with resistor next to them
3. Connect wire to gi
4. Glue leds stuck on inside of the Trex head
5. Manage the wires and make sure they're not in the way of the moving Trex or any moving parts
5. ???
6. Profit!

Note: Not my mod! This was already in my friends game.
20200515_213620 (resized).jpg20200515_213620 (resized).jpg

#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Yes, red LEDs
It is my friends machine, he hooked those up to the gi.

Www.Ministryofpinball.nl
Www.Flipperwinkel.nl
Www.Pinballshop.nl
https://www.pinball.center/en/

damn you need to make a video of this mod with the Trex..

Thank you for the websites, but my problem is not to find a shop, it is about to know exactly what I have to buy
There are so many different plunger sets, and coils sleeves. I want the best for my JP.
The manual guide says that the coil sleeve of the top right flipper is different than the down flippers (see the mension down in the picture of the manual guide sent in my previous post)
It makes me doubt.. If the coil sleeve of the top right flipper is different, is the plunger different too?

Or do all coil sleeves and plungers are the same? and so I can buy any peace? Are they standard? That is the question
to be or not to be

Shakespeare-Hamlet-Sir-Laurence-Olivier (resized).jpgShakespeare-Hamlet-Sir-Laurence-Olivier (resized).jpg
#7846 3 years ago

damn you need to make a video of this mod with the Trex..

I'm afraid I can't help you with the plungers.. This game is going back to my friend now :O

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Easy:
1. Drill holes for the eyes
2. Solder 2 leds on wires with resistor next to them
3. Connect wire to gi
4. Glue leds stuck on inside of the Trex head
5. Manage the wires and make sure they're not in the way of the moving Trex or any moving parts
5. ???
6. Profit!
Note: Not my mod! This was already in my friends game.
[quoted image]

Also, I think this could easily be accomplished with green eyes using stock Comet Pinball parts:

- 2 x LED Tinies | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-tinies-86-with-matrix-connector?variant=29523005997158
- 1 x Matrix 2-Way Splitter Wire | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-splitter-wires?variant=12493662355500
- 1 x Matrix 36" Extension (12" might work, but not sure) | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-extension-wires?variant=12493662191660
- 1 x Matrix alligator clips | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/standard-matrix-connectors?variant=12493661995052

Optionally, you could put a brightness adjuster inline | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/brightness-adjusters?variant=12493660618796

Total mod cost including brightness adjuster is about $10 with shipping.

#7848 3 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has changed out the sub in the cabinet? Mine was already replaced by someone else and it was a 6" speaker hacked in with a custom mounting bezel. I was wondering if just getting a basic 8" or 10" car audio sub worked ok as a replacement. T-rex feels like he is just tiptoeing around when i play now. I can get a 10" 4 ohm for dirt cheap new.

#7849 3 years ago

Add a polk woofer, changes game completely. Alligator clip to cabinet woofer

#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Add a polk woofer, changes game completely. Alligator clip to cabinet woofer

I have a spare ht sub. I will give that a shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/157?hl=wolffcub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.