IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 203.
#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from jurassicpark93:

I just took the time to read, the update seems to get more points compared to the original gameplay.. A bit dissapointing to me, I understand now how people get scores that high! but the bugs and adjustments are really attractive, I will think about this.

If you read closely, you'll notice that most of the scoring increases were to balance out all the various mode scoring with each other and make them more attractive for completing.

For example, Feed T-Rex grants 30M with one shot to the T-Rex. (And that did not change with code update.) But then you had Bone Busting which takes 3 shots to the Ramp and only scores 20M. Bone Busting award was increased to 30M to balance it out with Feed T-Rex.

Mosquito was Captive Ball is worth 5M, 6M, 7M, etc... so lets say you have a decent run and you hit it 3 times. You only score 18M total. But with the new scoring of Captive Ball is worth 10M, 11M, 12M, etc, now with those 3 hits you score 33M. Now it's better balanced with T-Rex.

Basically, the modes were all tweaked in a way where "if you do good, you will get around 30M"... that was the balancing goal with mode scoring.

#7752 3 years ago

Added the Jeep today. I used the plastic mount that was used to mount it in the box to mount it to the playfield.

A55FB219-C501-4347-AB2A-B20E069C7531 (resized).jpegA55FB219-C501-4347-AB2A-B20E069C7531 (resized).jpeg
#7753 3 years ago

NEED HELP :O
Q4 on the PPB keeps shorting (so Raptor Pit activates on startup) and I don't know why.
I replaced Q4 and its diodes on the board and coil, and also made sure the boards are getting their voltages (replaced some caps).
Don't know what to look for now
Anyone ever had the same?

#7754 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

NEED HELP :O
Q4 on the PPB keeps shorting (so Raptor Pit activates on startup) and I don't know why.
I replaced Q4 and its diodes on the board and coil, and also made sure the boards are getting their voltages (replaced some caps).
Don't know what to look for now
Anyone ever had the same?

There is a pre driver on the CPU that probably shorted

Looking at the schematic, it seems to be Q30.
Check that for a short

#7755 3 years ago

Not sure how many JP Pin2DMD owners there are in the group, but this guy is doing some great work on colorization:

https://www.facebook.com/netz.zwerg.54

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

There is a pre driver on the CPU that probably shorted
Looking at the schematic, it seems to be Q30.
Check that for a short

Thank you for the advice.
Last time when I was fixing the same problem, I checked it and it checked out fine.
Could it be that sometimes its shorting and sometimes it is not?

#7757 3 years ago

Not sure about it being intermittent.
I have had them test fine, but replaced them anyway, because they are cheap, and it's fixed the problem. Seems kinda strange, but it has happened to me

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not sure how many JP Pin2DMD owners there are in the group, but this guy is doing some great work on colorization:

Netzzwerg has finished this, and released the 1.0 folder on the Virtual pinball universe website.
But the site is almost always offline.
I have it in my JP, its about 95% some minor glitches and 1 or 2 uncollored frames. But realy cool!
It was a verry difficult colloration because of the animations.
He did an Epic job!

#7759 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Had seen someone post a video that had but never really pointed it out, and instantly saw that it was different than ColorDMD. I like this version better than ColorDMD. I just felt there's an overuse of colors on CDMD's. Animations look good, but score screens have reds, yellows, and greens, which is too much for me.

#7760 3 years ago

Part of this club now!

IMG_9995 (resized).JPGIMG_9995 (resized).JPG
#7761 3 years ago

Curious if anyone has tried to hit the smart missile during system failure?

#7762 3 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Curious if anyone has tried to hit the smart missile during system failure?

Total waste on code 6.

#7763 3 years ago

Ok reaching out here as I’m a little stumped. I keep blowing the fuse for bridge Rectifier 1 on the blue/ white wires. I’m getting Gi lights all working but no other playfield lights work at all.

A76798BA-D040-471B-95C1-BA91DB522235 (resized).jpegA76798BA-D040-471B-95C1-BA91DB522235 (resized).jpeg
#7764 3 years ago

Changed the bridge to another one that I know is ok and same issue.

#7766 3 years ago

Found what?

#7767 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just swapped my PIN2DMD in my Getaway with my ColorDMD in JP. I must say that I'm incredibly impressed with the PIN2DMD colorization for JP, and I like it much better than the ColorDMD one. I ended up putting the ColorDMD in my Getaway, and while I don't like the colorization as much as what Malenko is working on, it is a full colorization. I may switch it out in the future, but for now I'm happy with both games.

#7768 3 years ago

20200531_084518 (resized).jpg20200531_084518 (resized).jpgCan't afford a fancy topper yet so came up with a fun cheap one hahahha.

20200531_084518 (resized).jpg20200531_084518 (resized).jpg

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Can't afford a fancy topper yet so came up with a fun cheap one hahahha.
[quoted image]

Can you please rotate your photo? Just edit the post and on the thumbnail of the image you will see a rotate icon. Rotate to correct orientation then save changes to post.

#7770 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

Go get some papo dinosaurs (hobby lobby, eBay, Etsy...maybe even Walmart or target). They even look better than the topper.

20200130_101648 (resized).jpg20200130_101648 (resized).jpg
#7771 3 years ago

I know the original toppers are well liked and sought after, but I have one and don’t really care for it. It’s not well lit and they had to put the little light shield in front of it. I guess I just prefer my games to not have anything up there. Anyone else feel the same, or am I the lone weirdo who doesn’t like the JP topper?

#7772 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

I'm going to photoshop a danger high voltage sign for my sons, we have a color printer at work that does 11 x 17 prints.

I like the original, but not to the tune of 150 bucks

#7773 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Part of this club now!
[quoted image]

Welcome! Just snagged mine about 3 weeks ago and love it. Was lucky enough to have it and a borrowed stern pro and I have to say I love the data east a good bit more.

#7774 3 years ago

Can I get an owner or two to check something for me, please?

When a ball is in the shooter lane, and you hold the left flipper button, does it fire the ball?

I'm trying to diagnose a flipper issue, but there may be some odd behavior going on.

Thanks,
-S

#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

When a ball is in the shooter lane, and you hold the left flipper button, does it fire the ball?
I'm trying to diagnose a flipper issue, but there may be some odd behavior going on.
Thanks,
-S

I think I noticed that a time or two on mine. I just figured it was used as a backup just incase the trigger switch stopped working.

#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I think I noticed that a time or two on mine. I just figured it was used as a backup just incase the trigger switch stopped working.

Thanks @woody24. That's what I figured.

Could someone else try and confirm? Just want to rule out any odd behavior. Thanks.

#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks,
-S

On Williams games of the era, it is a service setting (launch ball on flipper push), but I'm not seeing such a setting it in the JP manual.

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks woody24. That's what I figured.
Could someone else try and confirm? Just want to rule out any odd behavior. Thanks.

I'll give it a shot when I get home today and let you know.

#7779 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks,
-S

It sure does fire with the left flipper, so thats normal
But i believe its only after 10 or 15 secs if you hit the left once or twice.
But from top of my head its not instantly but after 10 or so secs

#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

It sure does fire with the left flipper, so thats normal
But i believe its only after 10 or 15 secs if you hit the left once or twice.
But from top of my head its not instantly but after 10 or so secs

Yep.just tried mine and after 10 or so seconds the left flipped does launch the ball.

#7781 3 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Part of this club now!
[quoted image]

"Welcome... to Jurassic Park"

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Yep.just tried mine and after 10 or so seconds the left flipped does launch the ball.

Thanks @bossk4hire, @jorro, @woody24, Mr_Tantrum - Major sigh of relief over here. Just need to replace my cabinet switch and I should (SHOULD!) be back in the game.

Appreciate the help guys.

#7783 3 years ago

Just got home with a jp I picked up today from harryhoudini. Great ,beautiful game. Was having trouble with t rex eating ball every time, so I removed these spacers from under this plate. I'm assuming they are to prevent airballs from getting trapped by t rex? Do I need em in? Thx

20200601_181525 (resized).jpg20200601_181525 (resized).jpg20200601_181552 (resized).jpg20200601_181552 (resized).jpg
#7784 3 years ago
#7785 3 years ago

What is a fair offer on a NIB with the original topper? 5K?

#7786 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What? How man NIB DE JPs can be out there. Personally, I would want more than $5K for mine as it sits, but it has a ton of upgrades and mods on it.

#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Why? Ya got one?

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Why? Ya got one?

No, but I’m hoping to pick one up in July. There is one here in NJ.

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

No, but I’m hoping to pick one up in July. There is one here in NJ.

That's crazy.
Lucky you!
I'd say 5 to $5500 or so.

I think that's around what that other one went for not too long ago but I really have no solid info.
I think it'd be tough to pay 6k for it even as cool as it is.

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just got home with a jp I picked up today from harryhoudini. Great ,beautiful game. Was having trouble with t rex eating ball every time, so I removed these spacers from under this plate. I'm assuming they are to prevent airballs from getting trapped by t rex? Do I need em in? Thx
[quoted image][quoted image]

Most of the times troubles with eating the ball, as in picking up or bringing up to swallow are problems with the switches and on a rare occasion broken wires.
If a switch is being held to short or to long ie the mouth wil open or cose to early or to late, resulting in not grabbing or dropping the ball.
My plate has the pacers too but they look a little different.

#7791 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Depends, how was it stored and the state its in.
Be sure to post some pics when you get it!

#7792 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Depends, how was it stored and the state its in.
Be sure to post some pics when you get it!

It’s been sitting in the first floor of a home in north jersey since new, low humidity and a temperature range of 68-72F. If the owner’s son doesn’t want the game I’ll be picking it up mid July.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, they keep the plate from hitting the T-Rex L/R mech.

ea69d25f7f6586ea15898e7ce20a58611a671556 (resized).jpgea69d25f7f6586ea15898e7ce20a58611a671556 (resized).jpg
#7794 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It’s been sitting in the first floor of a home in north jersey since new, low humidity and a temperature range of 68-72F. If the owner’s son doesn’t want the game I’ll be picking it up mid July.

Awesome find. If not too competitive of a situation, I might start at $4500 and be willing to go up to $5500.

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome find. If not too competitive of a situation, I might start at $4500 and be willing to go up to $5500.

I tend to agree with you.

This would be the third game I’ll have purchased from this guy. In the past, I’ve always paid fair market value with no regrets because all of his machines are cosmetically perfect which is important to me.

#7796 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

dang. That'll be the 2nd NIB JP within 2 years thats popped up. Document the crap out of it. Disappointed that the previous guys shows an unboxing, but didn't really provide clear photos/shots of the playfield. Mainly, it would be awesome if an accurate count of rubbers could be made of what it was shipped with. The manual is junk.

Let us know how it goes!

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Most of the times troubles with eating the ball, as in picking up or bringing up to swallow are problems with the switches and on a rare occasion broken wires.
If a switch is being held to short or to long ie the mouth wil open or cose to early or to late, resulting in not grabbing or dropping the ball.
My plate has the pacers too but they look a little different.

No. This operates fine, just didnt go down far enuf to grab ball. By taking out spacers, it grabs 100%

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Yes, they keep the plate from hitting the T-Rex L/R mech.[quoted image]

It functions perfect with no interference with spacers out. I did get a big air ball but it bounced forward, not into t-rex.

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Yes, they keep the plate from hitting the T-Rex L/R mech.[quoted image]

Can you show the other side of your plate? Maybe mine is an aftermarket piece, maybe a bit too wide. thx

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you show the other side of your plate? Maybe mine is an aftermarket piece, maybe a bit too wide. thx

Not my plate, look at history in this thread and its discussed. I have a high spacer on mine and the ball grab works perfect, if yours is not working proper something then something is askew. The T-rex should go down till it touches the saucer.

Check switch adjustments.

20200529_183957_2.gif20200529_183957_2.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/156?hl=jesperpark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.