IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 203.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Hey there, was just getting a game or two in with my JP machine this morning and during a game my bottom right flipper just stopped working . The upper right flipper is working just fine, but nothing for the bottom one.
I went into diagnostics really quick and it's registering the Right Flipper switch. Not sure if it should be registering two switches, one for the bottom and one for top - but the immediate switch seems to be working just fine?
Before I pull the playfield up and start taking a look, anyone have any ideas on what could be happening here?

Funny, this exact thing happened to me yesterday, am going to diagnose later this evening.

#7552 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, here was Tim's (opens with bone busting mode):
Can someone who owns this mod post any instructions it came with and close up photos of the components? Would love to figure out if I can convert my Tim's static gate to a motion one.

AH cool, thanks. Not sure it would be worth it to go that far with it, how many people would really even be interested.

Guess someone already did the flickering lights, lol.

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

AH cool, thanks. Not sure it would be worth it to go that far with it, how many people would really even be interested.

I for one would be interested. Tim’s gate has long been out of production and is basically unobtainium. It’s overkill for sure, but that’s what makes it so awesome.

#7554 4 years ago

I have his static gate (previous owner purchased it), but really wish it was the animated one. The key is whatever board he created and the software to go with it that triggers the gates open and closed when the modes start and end.

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have his static gate (previous owner purchased it), but really wish it was the animated one. The key is whatever board he created and the software to go with it that triggers the gates open and closed when the modes start and end.

Yeah, we can do it with an arduino. It's just the development time to engineer the mech and write the code versus how many we could sell and at what price. I'll mess around with it a bit an see how hard it will be to adapt this gate to open.

#7556 4 years ago

Yeah, we can do it with an arduino. It's just the development time to engineer the mech and write the code versus how many we could sell and at what price. I'll mess around with it a bit an see how hard it will be to adapt this gate to open.

Might want to put out feelers for commitments before you invest any effort into it. I do wish Tim would have arranged a deal with another reseller to give him a commission on ongoing sales since he has momentarily/permanently paused with pinball.

#7557 4 years ago

FYI, I found this too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-functional-gate-mod

Animated gate was $280 (with shipping) and static gate was $110 at one point, but not sure if that changed.

#7558 4 years ago

I have the functioning gate in mine and its realy cool!

It just adds some extra feelgood when gate opens in certain modes.
It has flickering torches love these!
It also has a led light behind it that shines on a picture of a jp ford explorer driving , but i placed a miniature explorer behind the gate myself.
And did some custom paint on the pillars of the gate and doors.
There is a spotlight in the kit that is placed shining at the gate.

Epic mod!

Hope you can make something just as nice, but like mr Tantrum stated better check for demand.

#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I have the functioning gate in mine and its realy cool!
It just adds some extra feelgood when gate opens in certain modes.
It has flickering torches love these!
It also has a led light behind it that shines on a picture of a jp ford explorer driving , but i placed a miniature explorer behind the gate myself.
And did some custom paint on the pillars of the gate and doors.
There is a spotlight in the kit that is placed shining at the gate.
Epic mod!
Hope you can make something just as nice, but like mr Tantrum stated better check for demand.

The one w/o the motioning gate (what I have) also has flickering torches, but none of the other stuff. I did install an amber bulb behind the gate for a lighting effect behind the doors.
JP Gate.gifJP Gate.gif

Funny, in this one little cropped clip you can see 6 different mods: gate, raptor crate, illuminated backboard, illuminated banner, Barbasol can, and Loop Combo scoop sign (7 if you count my yellow post sleeves).

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Might want to put out feelers for commitments before you invest any effort into it.

This is an important point. And multiply the number of first interests by 0.7, especially if the mod is over $100... This is my experience.
My gate is still in the box (NIB ), I can send many pictures later if needed. It's a well designed mod.

#7561 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

And multiply the number of first interests by 0.7

Less than that in my experience. Also with the current global crisis, you'll likely get more people dropping out as time goes on.

#7562 4 years ago

im ready to trade my wcs 94 in great working condition, for a Jurassic park DE in great working condition

#7563 4 years ago

Thanks for the input. Anyone want to share a pic of the gate mechanism on Tims? We have our own ideas but it would be nice to see what he did. I'm working on a test of the motors now and talking to partner about modifying the design to suit. I could open up pre-orders and let people get in on a bulk order thing if they wanted but otherwise we would just list it in our store for purchase.

#7564 4 years ago

I’ve honestly only been looking to buy JP pins with Tim’s animated gate installed, because it’s a must have mod for me and it’s impossible to buy alone. That’s how serious I am of buying this thing.

#7565 4 years ago

Heh, ok, we're working on it to see what it will take. I don't think we would do the backdrop picture, although I guess it could be an option. I don't personally see the need for it. Since it would be arduino controlled I'll see if we can come up with some other options. I think setting light color and flicker amounts or other effect options would be nice. No need to choose color ahead of time when ordering. Maybe you want the lights on all the time, maybe you want the smaller ones to light up with the gate opens. Or maybe dim most of the time and then bright when the gate opens. All possible. We don't half ass stuff.

#7566 4 years ago

Heh, ok, we're working on it to see what it will take. I don't think we would do the backdrop picture, although I guess it could be an option. I don't personally see the need for it. Since it would be arduino controlled I'll see if we can come up with some other options. I think setting light color and flicker amounts or other effect options would be nice. No need to choose color ahead of time when ordering. Maybe you want the lights on all the time, maybe you want the smaller ones to light up with the gate opens. Or maybe dim most of the time and then bright when the gate opens. All possible. We don't half ass stuff.

All of that sounds enticing. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

#7567 4 years ago

What's up my JP peeps! I'm gone for a minute and I see people are making all kinds of versions of my gate. I always have people reaching out to see if I'm still making them but I've been swamped with my Escape Room business I opened plus the full time job. I actually got on here to see if there was any interest in a short run of gates as I'm on quarantine just like everyone else and have some time on my hands. I think I have all the parts to make some static ones but would need some significant interest to make the functioning version as I have to order more PCBs.

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

What's up my JP peeps! I'm gone for a minute and I see people are making all kinds of versions of my gate. I always have people reaching out to see if I'm still making them but I've been swamped with my Escape Room business I opened plus the full time job. I actually got on here to see if there was any interest in a short run of gates as I'm on quarantine just like everyone else and have some time on my hands. I think I have all the parts to make some static ones but would need some significant interest to make the functioning version as I have to order more PCBs.

Cool, let us know if you are going to make more moving ones and we'll hold off, don't need to compete with you.

#7569 4 years ago

Animated gate, +1 here. Take my money please!

#7570 4 years ago

I'm down for a functioning gate mod. I got my JP in mid February and added a pinsound plus, color dmd, a set of cliffys, loop combo's scoop signs, a gang of comet LEDs are coming this monday, and drooling over mr_tantrums caution theme. I just kinda play dumb with the wife when (yet another) box shows up.... I just tell her it keeps me out of trouble.

#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

He’s alive! We all miss you, and you can tell by the chatter how awesome your mods are. I would be in for upgrading from my static gate to the animated version.

Sort of begs the question if an existing non animated gate can be converted to an animated one. Would be great if I could buy the parts from you to do it so that my current one doesn’t go to waste. However, if not I’m still in for a complete replacement.

#7572 4 years ago

Harry
Tim
Maybe you guys could team up?
Will save you both a lot of time

#7573 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Harry
tim
Maybe you guys could team up?
Will save you both a lot of time

Sounds like Tim has it under control (I would defer to him since it's his mod) but if he needs anything from us we're here. Happy to assemble, stock, etc. Whatever he needs.

#7574 4 years ago

Yep, have reached out to Tim before to find out that he's no longer making them. Definitly still interested in a functioning gate mod, good to see you're still on pinside Tim!

#7575 4 years ago

Timing is everything. Functioning gate? I'll take 2 just to have a reserve. Seriously - if you are doing a limited run and they are not all spoken for - I don't want to be called a hoarder and shamed out of existence.

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

He’s alive! We all miss you, and you can tell by the chatter how awesome your mods are. I would be in for upgrading from my static gate to the animated version.
Sort of begs the question if an existing non animated gate can be converted to an animated one. Would be great if I could buy the parts from you to do it so that my current one doesn’t go to waste. However, if not I’m still in for a complete replacement.

Thanks for the kind words. Technically it could be upgraded but it would take some doing and I don't have instructions on how do an upgrade. It might be easier to buy a new one and you could always sell your static one. Sounds like there might be some interest on the 2nd hand market.

#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Timing is everything. Functioning gate? I'll take 2 just to have a reserve. Seriously - if you are doing a limited run and they are not all spoken for - I don't want to be called a hoarder and shamed out of existence.

Hey it's just a gate mod for a non-essential toy, not toilet paper. You should be good! Hoard away.

#7578 4 years ago

Ok, so I'm playing on the new code and I am wondering about a few things.

1. The random skill shot is great and all, but doesn't everyone just wait till the dino walks back and then shoot it? The only time it makes sense going forward is when the one poses for the camera (heh).

2. It seems like the random "shoot the video dino" has messed up video now. Maybe it's just me but I never see it "blow up" so I have to keep pulling the trigger until I think it's enough.

3. It would be really nice if the game restart used the ball in the shooter lane instead of having to cycle it through, look for the missing ball, etc.

4. I don't know if this is easily moddable, but if the Diagnostics menu respected the reverse button it would be nice. Adjustments does.

5. Another nice feature would be an instant "don't eat the ball" by holding both flippers down or pulling the trigger or something. Sometimes I just want to keep going and not have him eat it.

Is the dude who did this still working on it? Maybe I can suggest some items, but if anyone has input would love to hear. I love the bypass the rex check on start, great feature. The random modes is perfect as well.

Does anyone have geometry problems with the left loop? I've always struggled through there and I know it's a tight shot but it feels almost impossible. I picked up the left and right side rubbers along that loop and set them on top of the metal "rails" that are under the rubbers. I think they are sitting out too far, at least that is what it looks like when I take the "ball view" of the loop. Anything I should adjust?

Same question for the ball launch. I think this has been covered many times before but aside from changing the metal guide rail position is there anything else? I shopped the whole game, coil rebuilds on all, so it should theoretically be performing well but I constantly get shots that are too long or short. I don't recall it being so bad before I shopped it. I've adjusted the rail several times but no matter what the shot is inconsistent. I'm half tempted to just get a new coil to rule that out.

#7579 4 years ago

Ok, so I'm playing on the new code and I am wondering about a few things.
1. The random skill shot is great and all, but doesn't everyone just wait till the dino walks back and then shoot it? The only time it makes sense going forward is when the one poses for the camera (heh).
2. It seems like the random "shoot the video dino" has messed up video now. Maybe it's just me but I never see it "blow up" so I have to keep pulling the trigger until I think it's enough.
3. It would be really nice if the game restart used the ball in the shooter lane instead of having to cycle it through, look for the missing ball, etc.
4. I don't know if this is easily moddable, but if the Diagnostics menu respected the reverse button it would be nice. Adjustments does.
5. Another nice feature would be an instant "don't eat the ball" by holding both flippers down or pulling the trigger or something. Sometimes I just want to keep going and not have him eat it.
Is the dude who did this still working on it? Maybe I can suggest some items, but if anyone has input would love to hear. I love the bypass the rex check on start, great feature. The random modes is perfect as well.
Does anyone have geometry problems with the left loop? I've always struggled through there and I know it's a tight shot but it feels almost impossible. I picked up the left and right side rubbers along that loop and set them on top of the metal "rails" that are under the rubbers. I think they are sitting out too far, at least that is what it looks like when I take the "ball view" of the loop. Anything I should adjust?
Same question for the ball launch. I think this has been covered many times before but aside from changing the metal guide rail position is there anything else? I shopped the whole game, coil rebuilds on all, so it should theoretically be performing well but I constantly get shots that are too long or short. I don't recall it being so bad before I shopped it. I've adjusted the rail several times but no matter what the shot is inconsistent. I'm half tempted to just get a new coil to rule that out.

The only thing I think I'd change about the newer code is to make the pops, slings or something change which mode is lit.

Make sure the launch coil is tight and aligned correctly vertically and horizontally. Also make sure the coil bracket isn't cracked or compromised.
If it isn't striking the ball correctly it will be inconsistent into the pops.

#7580 4 years ago

As I was going through my inventory I found a bunch of parts to make more of the East Dock signs. Any interest in those? Same price as before. $19.99.

#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

As I was going through my inventory I found a bunch of parts to make more of the East Dock signs. Any interest in those? Same price as before. $19.99.

Pic? I can almost guarantee there is interest. People love your mods.

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

the ones with the moving sign or static?

#7583 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would love a moving one!

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The arrow on mine can move by hand but it is not controlled. There's only 1 guy that made his move that I'm aware of and he only made it for his game, not to sell.

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

The arrow on mine can move by hand but it is not controlled. There's only 1 guy that made his move that I'm aware of and he only made it for his game, not to sell.

A misremberance on my part, thanks for the clarification.

#7586 4 years ago

Pic? I can almost guarantee there is interest. People love your mods.

Here's a pic.

20171112_160806 (resized).jpg20171112_160806 (resized).jpg
#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here's a pic.[quoted image]

Yes please.

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I believe Tim is referring to me. I made one for my machine that won Grand Champion at TPF 2018. Here are a few pictures to show what I did and give you some ideas if you want to modify one or make one from scratch like I did. I designed it in blender and printed it with my 3D printer. This uses Tim's servo control board to operate the servo.

Here is the sign from the players perspective. Please forgive the camera strap in the picture.
The arrow rotates when you hit the East Dock eject hole. I used a ultra nano servo so it is not visible from the front.
Dscf5284 (resized).jpgDscf5284 (resized).jpg

I printed a cover for the servo so if you looked at it from the side, it gives it a cleaner look and the black helps hide it from view. Obviously it shows up will with the flash. The arrow sign has a area on it that fits the servo and a small screw holds it in and then the arrow decal is applied.
Dscf5286 (resized).jpgDscf5286 (resized).jpg

From the back you can see that I have a groove in the post so the wires from the servo can remain hidden on the "inside" of the post. A grove is also in the bracket that goes under the ramp so the wires can run to the side of the playfield and the bracket can sit flush on top the plastic. There is a little piece of black foam on the back to stop any stuck balls.
Dscf5288 (resized).jpgDscf5288 (resized).jpg

Let me know what you think.

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Let me know what you think.

I think AMAZING.

You should win an award for that.

#7590 4 years ago

For the right side VUK does the switch armature go above the white ball seat? I believe it goes below but something happened and my switch isn't getting depressed enough now to trigger. Everything looks fine, if I nudge it down it triggers. Just rebuilt everything and it was working.

#7591 4 years ago

The actuator should rest below the white plastic. Mine is actually having the opposite problem from yours- it will occasionally activate 2 or 3 extra times after popping a ball out. I think the white part comes back down so fast that it activates the switch again and does this several times in a row.

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

The actuator should rest below the white plastic. Mine is actually having the opposite problem from yours- it will occasionally activate 2 or 3 extra times after popping a ball out. I think the white part comes back down so fast that it activates the switch again and does this several times in a row.

Sounds like we need switch adjustments. I'm going to bend my wire out more so it actuates quicker.

#7593 4 years ago

Hi, first time post in the club. I've lost all controlled flashers somehow. I took out the power driver board and tested all fuses and holders, one of the tip 36c transistors has been changed in the past but it tests good, as do the others. Im thinking maybe it is the big left / right relay bad? I did switch over to a 6.0 code (installing 2 ICs) and the game plays and display works great, just no flashers. I didn't notice when exactly the flashers crapped out. Could someone please share some pro tips on tracking this issue down? I did read many many pages of this club thread but didn't to date find anything specific. Thank you!

#7594 4 years ago

My son's middle school video production class had them make a 30 second video, he decided to try and create a pinball one.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Hi, first time post in the club. I've lost all controlled flashers somehow. I took out the power driver board and tested all fuses and holders, one of the tip 36c transistors has been changed in the past but it tests good, as do the others. Im thinking maybe it is the big left / right relay bad? I did switch over to a 6.0 code (installing 2 ICs) and the game plays and display works great, just no flashers. I didn't notice when exactly the flashers crapped out. Could someone please share some pro tips on tracking this issue down? I did read many many pages of this club thread but didn't to date find anything specific. Thank you!

Are all of your flashers off? My pin was this way when I got it, until I went into the system menu and saw there was an option to turn them off/on. I switched to on, and voila!

#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

My son's middle school video production class had them make a 30 second video, he decided to try and create a pinball one.

Nice! Can he boost his narration track just a bit? Hard to hear his voice above the machine.

#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Nice! Can he boost his narration track just a bit? Hard to hear his voice above the machine.

I will ask him to try, I thought it was just him being cool teenager, lol That's a good suggestion though. Already done and new link posted.

#7598 4 years ago

Sounds like we need switch adjustments. I'm going to bend my wire out more so it actuates quicker.

FYI my switch was broken/on the way out. I swapped the wire arm to another switch and works perfect now. I didn't replace any working micro switches in my refurb, not wanting to throw away working parts.

#7599 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Isnt there a spring in the white pastic base?

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Isnt there a spring in the white pastic base?

Yeah, either that needs some extension to prevent the bounce or the switch armature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/152?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.