Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 143.
#701 4 years ago

Honestly I'm afraid to touch the post brackets after having to re-glue all three of them multiple times. The lamps aren't tight on the posts, so they don't stay up if I pivot them. I'm going to work on them more if/when I order some non-ghosting LEDs, but for now I'm just playing it after having it be a paperweight for a year. And getting my butt kicked. I had two less-than-2-minute games tonight and gave up. lol

#702 4 years ago

I bought some of these flexible lights to try with the scoop mod. Figured it would work with the power icon, not sure about the bigger disc. But I have an assortment of lights to try, to see which ones I like better.

http://cointaker.com/products/555-super-flex

#703 4 years ago

I've tested those before and they work well. You can squish them right up against the bulb housing so they are super low profile and the light is focused quite narrowly.

#704 4 years ago

Man what a PITA changing a few of the #44 bulbs was. Especially the three next to the gate entering the pop bumpers. After changing them, I was worried that I couldn't see a possible short with the rats nest of cables right there. But man, I had to contort my fingers in ways I didn't know possible. Also have minor nicks from sharp solder points all over my fingers.

And pretty much every single #44 socket had a coat of rust on it. (Good thing I'm up on my tetanus booster.) I was worried that after changing the bulbs, I'd have to go in and clean several contacts. But so far, looks like every one of them is firing.

CAN'T WAIT to get this restoration done. It's going to look so sharp!

#705 4 years ago

any help with my issues I listed here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-coil-issue-i-am-losing-my-mind
would be awesome!! Im pretty close to getting her back up and running but have a few things I cant seem to fix

#706 4 years ago

I wanted to do a quick price check on my JP. It is the nicest one I have ever seen even from all the pics on pinside. Mostly stock, but has lots of LEDs and white captive ball and cliffys. Was HUO from NY and I purchased a while back. There is not a scratch on it anywhere and the playfield is mint. Cabinet still looks like it came out of the box 20+ years ago. Everything works 100% and was shopped 3 months ago. The only real flaw I can find on it is a very small paint chip on the bottom of T-rex mouth. I only want to sell if the return will help benefit a couple other pins I have been wanting. I just want some honest feedback to see what people think I could get for a really nice JP.

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I wanted to do a quick price check on my JP. It is the nicest one I have ever seen even from all the pics on pinside. Mostly stock, but has lots of LEDs and white captive ball and cliffys. Was HUO from NY and I purchased a while back. There is not a scratch on it anywhere and the playfield is mint. Cabinet still looks like it came out of the box 20+ years ago. Everything works 100% and was shopped 3 months ago. The only real flaw I can find on it is a very small paint chip on the bottom of T-rex mouth. I only want to sell if the return will help benefit a couple other pins I have been wanting. I just want some honest feedback to see what people think I could get for a really nice JP.

Crazy nice, about $3k I'd say, but that thing better be close to mint. Even then it might be a tough sell.

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Crazy nice, about $3k I'd say, but that thing better be close to mint. Even then it might be a tough sell.

Yeah, and remove about $150 if you don't have the topper.

#709 4 years ago

thanks guys, It has perfect topper. The thing is really nice. If it did not have the small paint chip on t-rex lower jaw then it would be out of box nice. It really is insane. Everybody that comes over thinks its brand new.

#710 4 years ago

I sold a similar condition JP...mint HUO, not a scratch on the cabinet...perfect playfield...topper...no LEDs though but did have the cliffy set installed...for $2500...this was about 2 years ago just for reference

#711 4 years ago

I bought mine in November for $2500. Beautiful playfield, Cliffy protectors, full LEDs, working T-Rex, cabinet a solid "A" (one small scratch on the side that kept it from getting an "A+") and topper. I rebuilt the flippers, but that's only because I feel like the flippers should be the strongest part of the machine as they are your only real link to the ball (yeah, I know you can nudge, but weak flippers can completely ruin a game IMO).

I felt like I got a heck of a deal.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

thanks guys, It has perfect topper. The thing is really nice. If it did not have the small paint chip on t-rex lower jaw then it would be out of box nice. It really is insane. Everybody that comes over thinks its brand new.

NOS lower jaws are available. It's just held onto the jaw frame with a rivet.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-JP535-6641-00

#713 4 years ago

Velociraptor and Pterodactyl dinosaur mods:

I am making a few of these mods for my JP. The Velociraptor eyes and mouth light up with red LEDs. And the Pterodactyl Eyes are red with 3 yellow LEDs under its wings. (more pictures to follow).

Let me know who is interested? Send me a msg, not sure yet on cost.

And I am working on a small JP jeep with white LED headlights and red brake lights. (more pictures to follow).

-Dan

IMG_3991.JPG

IMG_4011.JPGIMG_4036.JPGIMG_4039.JPGIMG_4040.JPG

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Velociraptor and Pterodactyl dinosaur mods:
I am making a few of these mods for my JP. The Velociraptor eyes and mouth light up with red LEDs. And the Pterodactyl Eyes are red with 3 yellow LEDs under its wings. (more pictures to follow).
Let me know who is interested? Send me a msg, not sure yet on cost.
And I am working on a small JP jeep with white LED headlights and red brake lights. (more pictures to follow).
-Dan
IMG_3991.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG IMG_4036.JPG IMG_4039.JPG IMG_4040.JPG

Very nice. PM sent.

Gord

#715 4 years ago

anyone know where to get this side art / blade art? In the Jurassic Park Mods thread it seems like it was made for Congo. The source the OP posted on it never responded to any attempt to see if they could make it still. i think it is awesome and would love to add it

54589.jpg

#717 4 years ago

awesome thanks!

#718 4 years ago

Hello fellow JPers, does anyone have any photos of their JP with LEDs? I currently have standard incandescent and am debating going down the LED route. I just don't want them to be too bright - keen for thoughts...

#719 4 years ago

Would absolutelyr commend http://www.cometpinball.com and their sunlight led. Not as cold as natural white and not as yellow-ish as warm white often can be

Morten

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Hello fellow JPers, does anyone have any photos of their JP with LEDs? I currently have standard incandescent and am debating going down the LED route. I just don't want them to be too bright - keen for thoughts..

If you can wait 4-5 days I'll probably have mine all put back together. I put in Coin Takers frosted Warm-White LEDs. Closest thing to the real deal that I could find. The frosted dome also does a great job at diffusing the light, so you don't have any hard light or shadows occurring.

Really fills the playfield inserts with light. It's not too bright, and it's even light and with no harsh blown out areas.

#721 4 years ago

Anyone here getting the new lit game topper?

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Too expensive....Id rather spend my money on the new Trex

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

If you can wait 4-5 days I'll probably have mine all put back together. I put in Coin Takers frosted Warm-White LEDs. Closest thing to the real deal that I could find. The frosted dome also does a great job at diffusing the light, so you don't have any hard light or shadows occurring.

Really fills the playfield inserts with light. It's not too bright, and it's even light and with no harsh blown out areas.

Excellent - definitely don't mind waiting at all. Can't wait to see the result!

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Would absolutelyr commend http://www.cometpinball.com and their sunlight led. Not as cold as natural white and not as yellow-ish as warm white often can be
Morten

Thanks Morten - will check that one out and might give it a whirl to see what it looks like.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Too expensive....Id rather spend my money on the new Trex

... I've seen a number of posts about this new trex, is there any update?

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Thanks Morten - will check that one out and might give it a whirl to see what it looks like.

I will take some photos of mine soon, Its currently under maintenance due to...something. either a short or bursted transistor or switch. sigh.

#727 4 years ago

What purpose do the diode on leaf switches, or any switch for that matter serve? Replaced a non-game specific target with one that belongs and noticed that the diode was improperly installed. It wasn't connected to the loop. Both wires were connected to a leaf that makes the connection. The diode was connected to one of those ends, and then connected to the third end that didn't connect to anything else. After a few minutes scratching my head trying to figure out if a loop was truly happening, I decided it wasn't and resoldered it just like the rest of the targets.

But the target technically worked without a diode. And it still works with my updated loop.

So what purpose does it serve?

*edit. Found my answer.

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

... I've seen a number of posts about this new trex, is there any update?

Hes making them in small batches. Hes not real keen on pumping them out quick. If your name is higher up on the list, youll probably get one. If not, you are most likely not going to. Luckily I think I am set to be in on the second batch!

#729 4 years ago

JP with cointaker LEDs

20150516_175438.jpg
11209576_678360300511_7591427399382262173_n.jpg
20150516_201143.jpg

I can take better shots of the playfield tonight if needed. I will say this, they are bright!

#730 4 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Hello fellow JPers, does anyone have any photos of their JP with LEDs? I currently have standard incandescent and am debating going down the LED route. I just don't want them to be too bright - keen for thoughts...

I got all mine from comet pinball. I went the natural white frosted.
This is with the pop light rings (love them) on.
DSC05221.JPG

This is with pop lights off.(sorry a little blurry)
DSC05225.JPG

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Im on the list

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same here...on the list...supposed to ship towards the end of next week...think it's going to be an awesome upgrade to the current topper!

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from dj_xwing:

Same here...on the list...supposed to ship towards the end of next week...think it's going to be an awesome upgrade to the current topper!

I'm getting one too and I don't even have the game, gonna use it for gameroom art. I just live a few miles from him so I'm picking it up...save some bucks that way.

#734 4 years ago

Any one disable their two white flashers that are under the pops? Ive been considering it. The machine already has so many flashers it gets kind of annoying.

#735 4 years ago

LED JP Jeep mod done! (with working head-lights/brake-lights) Mounting it when I have time this weekend.

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

#736 4 years ago

Nice! I have mine all wired up but havent installed either. Been trying to finish getting my game up and running first lol. Hopefully I can get everything going today as I got another parts shipment in, should have all parts i need to finish it up

#737 4 years ago

I posted this in my tech thread but maybe someone here can help me too

So I got replacement switches and diodes for the bunker and control room.
This is how i wired them, according to the manual the band of the diode should be on the right, the switches I replaced were on the left... so not sure which is correct.

Now the control room switch registers points in game but doenst start game modes
The bunker switch seems to be activating the dino dna ramp stuff and going crazy when the game is on and auto firing
If the ball goes into the control room it doesnt fire out of the bunker until the ball search tries to find it.

Is this wired correctly?

bunker.control.switches.jpg

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

LED JP Jeep mod done! (with working head-lights/brake-lights) Mounting it when I have time this weekend.

IMG_4056.jpg IMG_4058.jpg IMG_4057.jpg

Any pics showing how you have the LEDs inside of the Jeep? I have the same one and am trying to figure out how to get the LEDs mounted.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I posted this in my tech thread but maybe someone here can help me too
So I got replacement switches and diodes for the bunker and control room.
This is how i wired them, according to the manual the band of the diode should be on the right, the switches I replaced were on the left... so not sure which is correct.
Now the control room switch registers points in game but doenst start game modes
The bunker switch seems to be activating the dino dna ramp stuff and going crazy when the game is on and auto firing
If the ball goes into the control room it doesnt fire out of the bunker until the ball search tries to find it.
Is this wired correctly?

bunker.control.switches.jpg

Check out this thread I started not too long ago. There's a few pics and diagrams that may help.

Also, do you have the remote diode board? If so, you don't need the diode on the Control Room switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-switch-issue

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Check out this thread I started not too long ago. There's a few pics and diagrams that may help.
Also, do you have the remote diode board? If so, you don't need the diode on the Control Room switch.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-switch-issue

i do not have the remote board, i will check your thread thanks!
my thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-coil-issue-i-am-losing-my-mind

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Any pics showing how you have the LEDs inside of the Jeep? I have the same one and am trying to figure out how to get the LEDs mounted.

OR how much to do mine if I send it to you?

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I got all mine from comet pinball. I went the natural white frosted.
This is with the pop light rings (love them) on.
DSC05221.JPG
This is with pop lights off.(sorry a little blurry)
DSC05225.JPG

Quoted from Slim64:

JP with cointaker LEDs
20150516_175438.jpg
11209576_678360300511_7591427399382262173_n.jpg
20150516_201143.jpg
I can take better shots of the playfield tonight if needed. I will say this, they are bright!

LEDs look amazing!!!

#743 4 years ago

I've put together a jeep mod as well.

20150718_203203.jpg20150718_203219.jpg

It replaces the flasher in this location. It's rigged up so that the headlights replace the flasher.

You can see how I put it together in this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/something-different-for-my-jp

#744 4 years ago

Hey guys, I picked up a JP today so I'm happy to be part of the club now! When I got the game home and opened up the head, I noticed there was a loose ground braid. My gut tells me that this connects to the right speaker, but can somebody tell me where this is supposed to attach? Should I hold off on turning on the game until I get it re-attached? I have included a picture for reference.

Also looks like I need to reattach the braid to the lug. Do I do this by simply soldering them together?

Thanks in advance!!

IMG_0827.jpg

#745 4 years ago

That connects to the metal plate between the dmd and dmd board. There should be a ground braid from that plate to the speaker, that wire goes there as well. Crimp a new connector back on or solder but solder will break in time.

#746 4 years ago

Thanks Rock. There is in fact a braid between the plate and speaker. Should I attach my loose braid on the same standoff, but opposite side of the plate? Attached a photo for what I'm describing.

IMG_0832.jpg

#747 4 years ago

Yes that will ground everything so you should be all set to enjoy your new game. Welcome to the club.

#748 4 years ago

Got my game going 100% again! now i can finish installing my jeep! Im going to clean and wax her tomorrow and hopefully wire in the lights on my jeep!

#749 4 years ago

Im make a bunch of LED Jeeps. Maybe a dozen or so. Msg me if you want one. Not sure yet in cost.

Last photo shows placement and not hooked up yet. More to follow...

-Dan

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Okay, I really hoped not to have to come here with a problem so soon, after having my JP working almost flawless for half a year. but alas.. I need your input, dear JP owners Suddenly last week it seemed like all switches triggered and the machine was completely confused. After some switch checking, I observe this: (See attached image)
1. When slapping the cabinet, it triggers all switches in the bottom row in the matrix (marked in red). This also happened at itnervals without me touching cabinet, and the playfield up resting on te hackbox.
2. When activating the left slingshot, the corresponding row (marked in green) switches all trigger.
3. Likewise with the right slingshot and its corresponding row switches.
Also it seemed like the left t-rex movement switch was dead. I yanked abit on the wires to get them off the switch, and then suddenly it triggered again when pushing the leaf. Nevertheless I replaced the switch and connected wires, and it does not work now.
Any ideas or similar experiences?
jp_issues.png

Thought id update on this issue:
Q50 is dead. I suspect the leafs for mosquito captice ball made contact a little too long and therefore blew it (sounds like a cause?) But i bent and made the gap wider so it doesnt trigger by slapping the machine. So will replace q50 and hope that solves it. But darn small transistors, 2n3904...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 50.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside