IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 203.
#7401 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi, which mods are still in production and sale for our JP data east? Thanks

Too many to name, but you can look here on pinside, mezel mods, modfather, cointaker, etc

Are you looking for something specific?

#7402 4 years ago

Thanks, no I'm not looking for something specific but I was looking for some nice mods for my JP, The gate I see here seems nice

#7403 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi, which mods are still in production and sale for our JP data east? Thanks

Here are the ones I offer: http://thezumwaltfamily.com/jppinball

Here is everything in the Pinside classifieds: https://pinside.com/pinball/market?gameid=267&query=Jurassic+Park

Here is everything in the Pinside shops: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops?gameid=267&query=Jurassic+Park

#7404 4 years ago

Installed my mr. Tantrum flipper toppers today!
A great product and looks realy cool!

Now waiting for my pinsound to arrive!

#7405 4 years ago

Me. tantrum gas amazing mods! I have several. His work is awesome.

#7406 4 years ago

Very thanks

#7407 4 years ago

Do you ship to Italy? Possibly How much are the shipping costs? Will I have to pay duties? Thank you

#7408 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Do you ship to Italy? Possibly How much are the shipping costs? Will I have to pay duties? Thank you

I ship worldwide. I will move this conversation to a PM.

#7409 4 years ago

Hey there, I'm curious what you all set as your replay score and award within a home environment? After upgrading to 6.0, mine was set around 200M, which I since lowered to 150M. I currently have the award set at "CREDIT", which obviously means nothing on free play so I'm thinking about switching this to "EXTRA BALL". The only thing stopping me is that I kinda feel like that's cheating?

What do you all have setup?

#7410 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Hey there, I'm curious what you all set as your replay score and award within a home environment? After upgrading to 6.0, mine was set around 200M, which I since lowered to 150M. I currently have the award set at "CREDIT", which obviously means nothing on free play so I'm thinking about switching this to "EXTRA BALL". The only thing stopping me is that I kinda feel like that's cheating?

It's a home game, do what you like. Now, if you ever have tournaments you might want to set to factory. Also, if/when you ever post to brag about your high score, you may want to disclose any non-default settings.

Personally, I set all my games to 5 balls (pinball blaspheme to many) and I pretty much leave the other settings default. However, I don't play them enough to be great and 3 balls would just be frustrating. Also, I find that non-pinball guests appreciate the game a little more with 5 balls. If/when I ever conquer a game with 5 balls and it becomes too easy, I might set it down to 3.

#7411 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I set mine to 195m. Seems to be right at that edge where most of my good games are near 170m-180m. So it gives me something to shoot for.

#7412 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

I've set mine really high, but I have a reason. When you get a replay, the Victory Lap comes on for 30 sec. It's messed up the game for me when I'm in the second CHAOS multiball and I've already fed T-REX and the replay starts the Victory Lap. The game doesn't see me hitting the ramp as a Super Jackpot. It see it as me hitting a Victory Lap and scores according to the Victory Lap scoring instead of Super Jackpot scoring. It happened enough times so I bumped the replay up high so it shouldn't happen as often

#7413 4 years ago

With help of mr Tantrum i got my pinsound+ in and working, for ayone who has doubts YES! Its worth it
Go for it!

This is a real gamechanger!!!

Jorro out
Of to play some more!

#7414 4 years ago

Evening DEJP experts. Got a question- I changed the bulb to the smart missle. Anyone know which switch clip the purple wire goes to inside the handle? I think it’s the furthest out but I’ve been having glitches w it. You should be able to see without removing anything. There’s two to choose from, one right next to the black wire but that one is labeled NC and isn’t working at all hooked up. Thanks

Jimmy

#7415 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Evening DEJP experts. Got a question- I changed the bulb to the smart missle. Anyone know which switch clip the purple wire goes to inside the handle? I think it’s the furthest out but I’ve been having glitches w it. You should be able to see without removing anything. There’s two to choose from, one right next to the black wire but that one is labeled NC and isn’t working at all hooked up. Thanks
Jimmy

Smart missile is an insert lamp so you need to use a non-ghosting bulb there. Are you?

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Smart missile is an insert lamp so you need to use a non-ghosting bulb there. Are you?

Replaced w same incandescent as the led wouldn’t fit. I sent the armour out for powder coating so can’t really test but if anyone was willing to lift a playfield and take a pick I would appreciate it. Just in case you are already under there couldn’t find in the manual and I swear to god I learned my lesson about not taking pics

#7417 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Replaced w same incandescent as the led wouldn’t fit. I sent the armour out for powder coating so can’t really test but if anyone was willing to lift a playfield and take a pick I would appreciate it. Just in case you are already under there couldn’t find in the manual and I swear to god I learned my lesson about not taking pics

Post what pictures you have of it.

#7418 4 years ago

I've been experimenting with 3D printed speaker grills for JP, and I think I've come up with something that looks good and works well. I just finished printing my first set, and I think they came out pretty nice. they have a little flex to them, but are quite strong and durable. I would change a couple of things for the production version including a tighter grill pattern and one more filament layer on the dinosaur.

I'd be happy to sell a pair for $25 with US shipping included in the price. Optionally, I'm also happy to do custom designs and colors at no additional charge. As always, please PM me if interested and we'll work out all of the details.

Here are several pics with my 3D printed version on the right and the OEM on the left.
IMG_3474.JPGIMG_3474.JPG
IMG_3475.JPGIMG_3475.JPGIMG_3478.JPGIMG_3478.JPGIMG_3476.JPGIMG_3476.JPGIMG_3477.JPGIMG_3477.JPGIMG_3480.JPGIMG_3480.JPG

#7419 4 years ago

Just got my FIRST system failure tonight! If that classifies as a "wizard mode" then it's my first of the hobby as well. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not an amazing score (339M), but what an awesome feeling!

#7420 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Just got my FIRST system failure tonight! If that classifies as a "wizard mode" then it's my first of the hobby as well. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Not an amazing score (339M), but what an awesome feeling!

It is cool, isn’t it?

#7421 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It is cool, isn’t it?

System Failure is definietly cool, the machine looking like it's completely powering down is fun, but the 5-10(ish)min journey to get to System Failure was the highlight for me. The pressure of hitting those last couple scoops was nuts.

Now, if I could only hit the ramp with the same level of accuracy...

#7422 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

System Failure is definietly cool, the machine looking like it's completely powering down is fun, but the 5-10(ish)min journey to get to System Failure was the highlight for me. The pressure of hitting those last couple scoops was nuts.

I got to total system shutdown a total of 1 time during the 6 months I had mine. Awesome feature!

#7423 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

What I like about it is that you can achieve it even if you don't score incredibly high. Makes it fun to approach the game in a couple of different ways: play for score or play just to get to the shutdown.

#7424 4 years ago

I'm a content tourist and keep my JP with continue enabled. Every few months I'll try and do it on as few games as possible, I don't know if I have ever done it on a single three ball game.

#7425 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm a content tourist and keep my JP with continue enabled. Every few months I'll try and do it on as few games as possible, I don't know if I have ever done it on a single three ball game.

Wait?!? Have I forgotten about the buy-in to continue? I must have shut it off wanting the most pure experience. May have to turn it on just for a bit to play.

Since owning mine, I've gotten to System Failure twice. Once shortly after getting it, and again nearly 3 years later. And the second time I got to it, and still had my smart missile. That was my goal, to keep it until that moment, and use it to collect ALLLLLLLLL the points. Well, it didn't work that way. There was really no benefit for holding onto it until the end.

#7426 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Wait?!? Have I forgotten about the buy-in to continue? I must have shut it off wanting the most pure experience. May have to turn it on just for a bit to play.
Since owning mine, I've gotten to System Failure twice. Once shortly after getting it, and again nearly 3 years later. And the second time I got to it, and still had my smart missile. That was my goal, to keep it until that moment, and use it to collect ALLLLLLLLL the points. Well, it didn't work that way. There was really no benefit for holding onto it until the end.

Yeah for me the pure experience was the arcade experience and anything that had the insert coin to continue it was always enabled. I think every game with a wizard mode should have continue.

#7427 4 years ago

So my JP is in pretty good shape (my eyes) - but I thought about adding leg protectors as an extra precaution just to make sure everything stays as good as can be. Is this a good idea or bad idea? If it's a good idea, which protectors would everyone recommend?

#7428 4 years ago
Quoted from Turdbol:

So my JP is in pretty good shape (my eyes) - but I thought about adding leg protectors as an extra precaution just to make sure everything stays as good as can be. Is this a good idea or bad idea? If it's a good idea, which protectors would everyone recommend?

If original cabinet art, I would say they are not really needed unless you just like the aesthetics. However, if the cab has been re-decaled then the hidden metal leg protectors are a must to prevent the decals from wrinkling around the legs over time. Optionally for looks, you can add the plastic leg protectors in addition to the metal ones, assuming your leg bolts are long enough to support them. When I bought my JP it already had red plastic ones that came with it. I liked the way they look, and they do cover some art wear around the top of the legs so I decided to keep them.

Metal (hidden): https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html
Several plastic versions (visible): https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=plastic+leg+protectors

IMG_3494 (resized).JPGIMG_3494 (resized).JPG
#7429 4 years ago
Quoted from Xjship:

So I am the market for my first pinball, and have always wanted Jurassic Park as it was my favorite movie as a young kid.
I really want to like this game, but am finding it to be pretty difficult and not that fun. There's a local arcade where I've played it regulary. I put $20 in the machine yesterday and I think my highest score was 165M. Never hit Chaos, and only got Tri-balls and jackpots rarely. I know the strategy at least at a high level too. I keep playing, waiting for it to grow on me, and it isn't happening. The other pins there, like Pirates of the Car., Star Trek, or Medieval Madness are much more enjoyable. There's also a Star Wars DE there, and I liked it at first but that game is almost too easy (repeat shots) and I have no trouble getting replays on it.
I noted that the table had the Cliffy scoop protectors and made that makes them harder to hit? No other mods or board issues that I could tell. Also, I feel like I was getting drains constantly, to the point where it was laughable how easy they'd drain.
Don't know if I have a question, just sharing my frustration. I am OK paying $3k+ for a game, but I want to like it. I guess I'll try to play a different JP somewhere else so I can give it a fair chance.

I bought this as my first Pinball. I had never even played the game, but am such a fan of Jurassic in generic, that it was a no-doubter. Some of the game I do find slower than I would have expected, but I still love it nonetheless, the worst thing its shown me is that now I need more pinballs to have different flavors!

#7430 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Post what pictures you have of it.

Thanks- I just swapped around the wires and it worked- 50-50 chance but did get back from powder coating. I went opposite you (red/yellow).

25E8FDE1-D72D-4C94-8B5D-3D30787EBEAC (resized).jpeg25E8FDE1-D72D-4C94-8B5D-3D30787EBEAC (resized).jpeg595B2BEC-4343-4E2F-AA69-9A74A726B573 (resized).jpeg595B2BEC-4343-4E2F-AA69-9A74A726B573 (resized).jpeg
#7431 4 years ago

Hey JP friends, I'm wondering if anyone has noticed some pretty loud rattling or rumbling with the cabinet whenever the shaker motor fires? I notice this most during the Smart Missle, and also when T-Rex eats the ball.

I've walked around the cabinet while it's happening and it almost sounds like it's rattling somewhere underneath or behind the backbox? It's defintiely loud rattling that I don't really notice while playing on other machines that have shakers installed. I also tried testing the shaker while holding down the playfield main glass, and can confirm that it's definitely not the culprit.

Any ideas?

#7432 4 years ago

Check the bungie cord it hangs loose and the hook could be rattling off something. There is a picture of it a couple pages back. Thats the only thing I can think of.

#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Hey JP friends, I'm wondering if anyone has noticed some pretty loud rattling or rumbling with the cabinet whenever the shaker motor fires? I notice this most during the Smart Missle, and also when T-Rex eats the ball.
I've walked around the cabinet while it's happening and it almost sounds like it's rattling somewhere underneath or behind the backbox? It's defintiely loud rattling that I don't really notice while playing on other machines that have shakers installed. I also tried testing the shaker while holding down the playfield main glass, and can confirm that it's definitely not the culprit.
Any ideas?

my shaker is loud and too strong imo. I haven’t adjusted it but need too. It shakes the game way too much. If anyone has adjustment advice I’m open as well. Mainly during same times. If not I’ll dig in and report back.

#7434 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

my shaker is loud and too strong imo.

You can easily add an inexpensive motor speed controller to a shaker if needed, and make your shaker power adjustable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor#post-3051780

#7435 4 years ago

You could always do what I did and replace it with a PinSound shaker if you have a PinSound. It is much more interactive, and you can easily customize each event to be less intense if you prefer.

#7436 4 years ago

Is there a safe or easy way to test the shaker motor while the playfield is up? I don't remember seeing anything in the diagnostic mode.

#7437 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Is there a safe or easy way to test the shaker motor while the playfield is up? I don't remember seeing anything in the diagnostic mode.

Maybe stick your tongue on it and lower the playfield on your head? Just an idea.

Actually, give me a minute and I’ll look through the settings to see if there is a shaker test.

#7438 4 years ago

Adjustment 42 is shaker on/off, but that is all I see. Nothing in the diagnostics section to test it.

#7439 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Shaker Test is in the diagnostic mode. It is in with Flash Lamp / Coil test. The shaker will barely function in that test mode, however. I believe it is just a single pulse. Nothing like it is in game.

#7440 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Shaker Test is in the diagnostic mode. It is in with Flash Lamp / Coil test. The shaker will barely function in that test mode, however. I believe it is just a single pulse. Nothing like it is in game.

You're right, it was totally just a little "pfft". Oh well, I guess I can live with the rattling.

#7441 4 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

Hey Guys, looking for some help with my JP.
After about 2 hours of sitting idle it will go into a slam tilt and keep restarting.
I can play on it all night without anything happening, but if it sits idle it will start going this slam tilt thing.
I have tried unplugging the two plugs that goto the switch matrix (green and white wires) and it still happens. I have tired another CPU rom and taking the CPU out and looking at the transistors (q55) for some bad solder joints of problems.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Any one have any ideas on this?

Thanks

#7442 4 years ago
Quoted from freshjive:

Any one have any ideas on this?
Thanks

If you go in to diagnostics and select the switch test, and just let it sit for an hour, does anything happen? Do you see other switches randomly firing? If any switches fire, I believe you will hear a beep (take off the glass and press a switch to try it), so you can do other things while waiting to see if you hear any beeps while it is sitting, it should also show what switch fired last if it does beep.

#7443 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

If you go in to diagnostics and select the switch test, and just let it sit for an hour, does anything happen? Do you see other switches randomly firing? If any switches fire, I believe you will hear a beep (take off the glass and press a switch to try it), so you can do other things while waiting to see if you hear any beeps while it is sitting, it should also show what switch fired last if it does beep.

This is a great idea, thank you for the suggestion!

#7444 4 years ago

I finally joined the club after 6 years of pinball collecting!
I have always wanted a JP, and I almost bought one as my first game. At the time I thought $1800 was too much to spend on a pinball machine.
I ended up paying a bit more this time around. But it has everything I could ask for, including the @winteriscoming T-Rex. By far the coolest pinball mod for any game.

5CFAADC8-C9F2-44FA-8048-27EA1664341B (resized).jpeg5CFAADC8-C9F2-44FA-8048-27EA1664341B (resized).jpeg
#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I finally joined the club after 6 years of pinball collecting!
I have always wanted a JP, and I almost bought one as my first game. At the time I thought $1800 was too much to spend on a pinball machine.
I ended up paying a bit more this time around. But it has everything I could ask for, including the @winteriscoming T-Rex. By far the coolest pinball mod for any game.[quoted image]

Nice! Facebook just showed me that it's been over 4 years since I've had the Trex mod. That's crazy. Doesn't feel like I've had it that long.

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

At the time I thought $1800 was too much to spend on a pinball machine.

It is! We just don't know better. Welcome to the club!

#7447 4 years ago

Another Happy Mr_Tantrum customer!

3ECA1D0F-4370-4C4E-82CE-F3D1B2E56337 (resized).jpeg3ECA1D0F-4370-4C4E-82CE-F3D1B2E56337 (resized).jpeg8A5776D7-7767-463B-9430-88227D278E1A (resized).jpeg8A5776D7-7767-463B-9430-88227D278E1A (resized).jpegFE1D2AF1-EE2C-4A9B-9BD4-10D4C48EA662 (resized).jpegFE1D2AF1-EE2C-4A9B-9BD4-10D4C48EA662 (resized).jpeg
#7448 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Another Happy mr_tantrum customer!

I see your control room cliffy is curling up in the right side like mine. I figured the previous owner was cleaning and caught the rag on the back of the cliffy and bent it up, but maybe they just deform that way because the scoop hole is a little worn?

#7449 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I see your control room cliffy is curling up in the right side like mine. I figured the previous owner was cleaning and caught the rag on the back of the cliffy and bent it up, but maybe they just deform that way because the scoop hole is a little worn?

Don't know if you had my issue or not. Cliffy's aren't designed to cover already chewed up areas with holes. When I bought my game I had the same issue. Removed the Cliffy and realized there was a large amount of wood missing around the scoop. I filled it with wood filler to reshape, sanded level/smooth, then covered with a new Cliffy which is performing perfectly now. Since you can't see the repair covered by the Cliffy I didn't bother painting or clear coating it.

#7450 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Another Happy mr_tantrum customer![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, sir. Everything looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
There are 10,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.