IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 203.
#7301 4 years ago

I’m planning to pick up a JP in about a month. I’ll have only a few minutes to look it over and test it before buying it. What should I quickly check for before purchase?

#7302 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

I’m planning to pick up a JP in about a month. I’ll have only a few minutes to look it over and test it before buying it. What should I quickly check for before purchase?

Left/right/down/up on trex

scoop and trex saucer wear

Cracked ramp

#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's not original.
None of the pinball manufacturer installed any small sticker onto the cabinet (except serial number on front cabinet decal - it's simply not "arcade proof".
Original method was screen printing.

Some JP came also with black grid, a member of this forum is in this case,

has a JP with full black original speaker grid like mine.. how do you explain that?

Sega bought the compagny Data East in 1994 wich correspond to the date of the end of production of the pinball. The only thing i know, is that the person who sold it to me, is the first owner of this machine, and he told me that he never modded his machine.

I need to check the serial number.. but if i remember right, this is a "end production machine"

#7304 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

If you don't have much time, this video shows quickly most of classic problems with the JP.. other things to check, burned electronics in the front panel and under the playfield (mostly the power supply is likely to have problems), rubbers, broken plastic playfield, and mostly, the decoration, check that everything is here because peaces are hard to find. The mosquito amber, the 2 pteranodons... (you can help yourself with good quality pictures from internet so you wont forget anything) also there are colored rubber cover for some bulbs most of the time missing (Top of the ramp Door, control room ect...) mylar or no mylar, but a lot of mylar is scary as hell. To finish, do a dianostic mode checking the switch/lights/T-Rex.. And the shaker, make sure it is working. A new shaker is 150 euros
All of this, estimated right can help you to get down the price. Trex not working could be a 200 euros motor broken, or decoration missing can get expensive, 50 euros for the two pteranodons that were missing on mine. Amber mosquito almost impossible to find! and very pricy.

Now you have to find someone next to you who owns a JP and exerce yourself to do all of this in a few minutes

Here a link of the video, good luck with your JP

#7305 4 years ago

Thanks for the video. I really liked the part where you mentioned they could be found for about $1200....how things have changed in a decade!

#7306 4 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

Thanks for the video. I really liked the part where you mentioned they could be found for about $1200....how things have changed in a decade!

Avec plaisir
Yeah I wish I bought my appartment 10 years ago.. It is the only reason i waited so long to buy it
By the way, I forgot to mension about the Topper, It is a 100 euros more item if you want your JP to be complete. But no worries, there are very good reproductions on the market.

#7307 4 years ago
Quoted from jurassicpark93:

Avec plaisir
Yeah I wish I bought my appartment 10 years ago.. It is the only reason i waited so long to buy it
By the way, I forgot to mension about the Topper, It is a 100 euros more item if you want your JP to be complete. But no worries, there are very good reproductions on the market.

I made my own topper with papo dinos:

20200130_101648 (resized).jpg20200130_101648 (resized).jpg
#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I made my own topper with papo dinos:[quoted image]

Poor Velociraptor, it has no chance against two T-Rex

#7309 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I made my own topper with papo dinos:[quoted image]

That wallpaper border brings back some memories of my old basement. It does not come off easily.

#7310 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Make sure the flipper coil wires are secure on the coil, not cracked a little. Same goes for the wires on the End of Stop (EOS) switch there, make sure the wires are secure, and also make sure the EOS switch contacts are clean.

Neal_W - thank you sir.

#7311 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

That wallpaper border brings back some memories of my old basement. It does not come off easily.

It was like that when I moved in. I keep meaning to take it down and re-paint...but a jam-packed gameroom has slowed my desire to do so.

#7312 4 years ago

Wondering if someone might be able to help me out. My T-Rex is missing the black skirt between it and the play field. I plan on making one out of rubber material. Can someone trace it out for me and email it to me please. PM me if you can help out and I will send you my email address.

Thank You,
Pete

T-Rex (resized).pngT-Rex (resized).png
#7313 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

Wondering if someone might be able to help me out. My T-Rex is missing the black skirt between it and the play field. I plan on making one out of rubber material. Can someone trace it out for me and email it to me please. PM me if you can help out and I will send you my email address.
Thank You,
Pete[quoted image]

Some where in this thread, some one made a template to cut it out. I wish the OP would star all the good useful posts in this thread and index them.

#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Mine already had it installed when i got it. It's about 1/8in thick rubber pad about 1 1/2 inches square. Its like that black rubber that doesnt allow for much bounce.
Never thought about the practical use of it until others were saying the switch kept getting missed. It was determined that the ball was just jumping over that switch.
You could probably even go to Lowes and get some of that rubberized foam seal, and over time it would compress and probably act similar.
Sure you could probably even mount one of those blue rubber pads that machines use. Cant think of a game off hand right now that uses them though.

here is a post about the rubber t rex piece, I hope this helps

#7315 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

Thank You,
Pete[quoted image]

I scanned it in the attached document. It's just a thin black rubber material. I measure it at .52mm thick. I'm not sure what all could be used as an alternative. I think someone suggested bike tire inner tube. You can find black sheets of rubber online at McMaster Carr close in thickness.

t-rex angle reference document.PDFt-rex angle reference document.PDF
#7316 4 years ago

Some where in this thread, some one made a template to cut it out. I wish the OP would star all the good useful posts in this thread and index them.

Anyone can sign up to get the ability to make key posts. At one point, I read through this entire thread, all 7,000 posts. I tried to key post the things that seemed important that weren’t already marked. I’ve marked the previous post as a key, so there are now 57 in the thread. Hope it helps someone in the future.

#7317 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Anyone can sign up to get the ability to make key posts. At one point, I read through this entire thread, all 7,000 posts. I tried to key post the things that seemed important that weren’t already marked. I’ve marked the previous post as a key, so there are now 57 in the thread. Hope it helps someone in the future.

Awesome, Thanks!!

#7318 4 years ago

Is the Apron not supposed to be symmetrical?

#7319 4 years ago

Thank You

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

Is the Apron not supposed to be symmetrical?

No - it sticks out more on one side. I think if you're looking at the t-rex from the player's position, the longer part of the skirt goes to the right side.

#7321 4 years ago

Yet another question. Just got my JP delivered today. I have 2 legs that measure and 28 1/2 and 2 legs that measure 30 1/2. Taller legs in the back? Anyone want to measure there legs for me?

Thanks,
Pete

#7322 4 years ago

I'm thinking about getting the color dmd "led" and also installing the 6.0 ROM set.
As the display ROM is modified in the 6.0 will the color dmd work correctly?
Like if the 6.0 has images that were never accessed or not at all in the factory ROMs... and thus were possibly not "colorized" for the color displays?

#7323 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I'm thinking about getting the color dmd "led" and also installing the 6.0 ROM set.
Like if the 6.0 has images that were never accessed or not at all in the factory ROMs... and thus were possibly not "colorized" for the color displays?

ColorDMD works perfectly with 6.0 and it looks awesome you won’t regret it.

#7324 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Before DMD, I would highly suggest a PinSound. It completely changes the game experience and makes it significantly better IMO.

#7325 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I did NOT know this.

#7326 4 years ago

I did NOT know this.

I just bought a Space Shuttle. The owner's club is 48 pages long and there are ZERO keyposts. I just start from the beginning and look at it with newb eyes (which in this case, I am). Sometimes, the really old stuff is no longer even viable. Links to plastics, playfields, etc.

Quoted from peteyhugs:

Yet another question. Just got my JP delivered today. I have 2 legs that measure and 28 1/2 and 2 legs that measure 30 1/2. Taller legs in the back? Anyone want to measure there legs for me?
Thanks,
Pete

Mine are 28.5. All four. I'd put the longer ones in the back. Obviously, it would be like having 2 inch leg levelers all the way out.

#7327 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Before DMD, I would highly suggest a PinSound. It completely changes the game experience and makes it significantly better IMO.

Right now I'm struggling to LED pins, next year color dmds. I'm broke these days.
I've heard the JP pinsound on the internet and it sounded good.
But I advised a friend to get pinsound for a couple pins and it was probably the sound files but it didn't help.
He was bummed as it was a pricey thing ontop of it.
He had Flipper Fidelity in one pin and pinball pro in the other.
I have another friend with pinsound on LOTR and it sounds better but It doesn't seem to me the sound files they are using follow the action / modes as precisely as the original pin music, but I don't care for the pin music Stern used being electronic either though.
There are also some tech issues their repair guy attributes to the pinsound, but I'm skeptical.
I'm pretty happy with Flipperfidelity in JP right now.
Maybe some day I'll do pinsound with the full kit, but that's pretty pricey for me currently.
I would also like to experience it in person on a JP before spending that much.
That being said, what I did see/hear with Pinsound and JP posted here seemed amazing.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will take it seriously.

#7328 4 years ago

I pulled the batteries while the machined was powered off. Is it difficult to set it back to Free Play?

#7329 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

I pulled the batteries while the machined was powered off. Is it difficult to set it back to Free Play?

Super easy, you have to go into the adjustments.

#7330 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

Adjustment 30 is Free Play

#7331 4 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

Mine already had it installed when i got it. It's about 1/8in thick rubber pad about 1 1/2 inches square. Its like that black rubber that doesnt allow for much bounce.
Never thought about the practical use of it until others were saying the switch kept getting missed. It was determined that the ball was just jumping over that switch.
You could probably even go to Lowes and get some of that rubberized foam seal, and over time it would compress and probably act similar.
Sure you could probably even mount one of those blue rubber pads that machines use. Cant think of a game off hand right now that uses them though.

Quoted from C65Mustang:

here is a post about the rubber t rex piece, I hope this helps

What this is talking about is the foam rubber in the bottom of the A scoop so that when you shoot that scoop, it doesn't bounce over the switch.

#7332 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Adjustment 30 is Free Play

Got it, all set. Thank You

#7333 4 years ago

My next topic. Anyone make plastics for this PIN. I need 3 pieces that I found to have cracks in them. Anyone making them?

Thanks,
Pete

#7334 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

My next topic. Anyone make plastics for this PIN. I need 3 pieces that I found to have cracks in them. Anyone making them?
Thanks,
Pete

Go to ebay and search "jurassic park pinball plastic" and you'll find a few.

#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from jurassicpark93:

Some JP came also with black grid, a member of this forum is in this case,

has a JP with full black original speaker grid like mine.. how do you explain that?
Sega bought the compagny Data East in 1994 wich correspond to the date of the end of production of the pinball. The only thing i know, is that the person who sold it to me, is the first owner of this machine, and he told me that he never modded his machine.
I need to check the serial number.. but if i remember right, this is a "end production machine"

Yes, I have been on the quest for "legit official" dino speaker grills for 2 years now. I do not know if mine came from the factory like this, but just assumed it was from some previous repair or had something to do with mine being a reimport from Germany. Never really asked around as I felt my machine was the only one I'd seen in pictures or vids with plain black.

I too have been debating the sticker route or finding a mod like the ones pictured earlier, but the purist in me never reached out to the guy to ask if he could do the JP dinos lol.

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

FYI - Here are my notes on adjustment and some settings I sometimes use...

Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

adjustment 49 attract music = off
adjustment 4 game awards = credit -> Extra ball -> special
adjustment 46 trex eat balls = yes
adjustment 6 limit extra balls 3 -> 0
adjustment 41 tournament => EXPO (resets audits)
adjustment 30 Free Play

#7337 4 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

I too have been debating the sticker route or finding a mod like the ones pictured earlier, but the purist in me never reached out to the guy to ask if he could do the JP dinos lol.

If you like craft projects with the family, print out the photo to scale, cut out the dino shape for a little stencil, then remove and paint the metal screen using the sencil. (flip it over for the left side)

speaker (resized).jpgspeaker (resized).jpg

#7338 4 years ago

I am looking for a couple pieces of plastic for my JP. Wondering if someone might have them lying around.

Thanks For Looking,
Pete

IMG_5637 (resized).jpgIMG_5637 (resized).jpgIMG_5638 (resized).jpgIMG_5638 (resized).jpg
#7339 4 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

Yes, I have been on the quest for "legit official" dino speaker grills for 2 years now. I do not know if mine came from the factory like this, but just assumed it was from some previous repair or had something to do with mine being a reimport from Germany. Never really asked around as I felt my machine was the only one I'd seen in pictures or vids with plain black.

You confirm my story thank you!

#7340 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

If you like craft projects with the family, print out the photo to scale, cut out the dino shape for a little stencil, then remove and paint the metal screen using the sencil. (flip it over for the left side)
[quoted image]

A high quality scan would be perfect, could you share that with us? easy with google drive

#7341 4 years ago

I have one set of Data East Jurassic Park decals which I ordered for a customer that requested it during one of
our Group Buys. He later cancelled his request; but I forgot to remove it from my spreadsheet and ended up ordering it by mistake.
This set is a reproduction, new from Pinball.Center:
Precision Cut Decals, just peel and stick.
High Quality Print!
8 Decals
Ref. Part No.: 64986

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9310/decal-set-for-jurassic-parc
Decal SetDecal Set
This is the only set I have available; When it's gone... it's gone.
Will ship in stay flat envelope to protect the contents.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1122-pinball-modscom/02525-decal-set-for-jurassic-park

#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

My wife has a cricut...had been debating going that route but never actually sat down to go find the image and match the colors lol

#7343 4 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

My wife has a cricut...had been debating going that route but never actually sat down to go find the image and match the colors lol

Well you got my attention! I have a friend who is going to make a high quality scan of his JP Grids to me, and i am not too bad at photoshop, mabe we could work together to make a vinyl cut with your cricut? i can make the files and send them to you, (would pay for post and Vinyl of course) what do you think? Send me a pm if you are interested

#7344 4 years ago

Finally was able to join the club a few days ago after picking up my JP Machine! I was lucky enough to jump on one that was in a family basement for just over 20years. I went through the audit tables and found it had around 1700 total balls played and not one System Failure. Hoping to be the one to eventually make it!

Playfield is immaculate, and everything else seems to be in great working order, just needs a little cleaning. Also, can't wait to brighten it up with some LEDs!

Only issue I'm currently having is sometimes the T-Rex will pick up the ball, but not swallow it. It just hangs out in his mouth while the game tries to find it. Pretty frustrating, but I've only had it for 48hrs so far.

IMG_20200205_202810 (resized).jpgIMG_20200205_202810 (resized).jpg
#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Finally was able to join the club a few days ago after picking up my JP Machine![quoted image]

Welcome to Jurassic Park... 60 million years in the making, enjoy

#7346 4 years ago

So I've been working alot on the machine lately, cleaning and fixing minor issues and came across this bungee in the middle of cabinet base. One end is connected to the cabinet but the other end is loose. Any idea what this is used for?

Maybe it's a thing on all machines, but this being my first one makes me wonder a bit.

IMG_20200208_125257 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_125257 (resized).jpg
#7347 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

So I've been working alot on the machine lately, cleaning and fixing minor issues and came across this bungee in the middle of cabinet base. One end is connected to the cabinet but the other end is loose. Any idea what this is used for?
Maybe it's a thing on all machines, but this being my first one makes me wonder a bit.[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/35#post-2966838

#7349 4 years ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Whoops, learning my lesson about searching these threads. Thank you.

Most all of us had to go through that phase.

#7350 4 years ago

Hi all. Did something dumb while trying to fix my power supply. I had to clip my black wires going to CN2 and forgot to label them. I think I have it right but before I turn it on does it matter which black wires you have going to pins 6 and 3? Can they go either way? Anyway to 100% tell which one goes to which if it does? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.