65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 203.
#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hi! Bonjour
Welcome... to jurassic park!
What are the things you have in your speakers?

Merci!

Epic your video! that's exactly the music that whent through my head when i received the pinball and trurned it on (with the divine light)

The sound of my JP is original, I love the the old sound ... memories memories

Added over 4 years ago:
Quoted from jorro:

Hi! Bonjour
Welcome... to jurassic park!
What are the things you have in your speakers?

Merci!

Epic your video! that's exactly the music that whent through my head when i received the pinball and trurned it on (with the divine light)

The sound of my JP is original, I love the the old sound ... memories memories

By the way, the speakers are 100% original, they just have a different logo because this pinball is one of the last machines made "end of series", it is very rare... but honestly, I prefer the original logo yellow and red... I need to find someone interested to mod his JP and do a swap

#7252 4 years ago
Quoted from jurassicpark93:

By the way, the speakers are 100% original, they just have a different logo because this pinball is one of the last machines made "end of series", it is very rare... but honestly, I prefer the original logo yellow and red... I need to find someone interested to mod his JP and do a swap

Your English is fine. Welcome to the JP club!

Is that logo painted on or is that a sticker? How do you know it is end of series? Is anything else different with your JP?

Many times there are prototype 'first' versions that are different from the standard production version of a pinball machine, but I am not aware of a special final version of JP.

#7254 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Your English is fine. Welcome to the JP club!
Is that logo painted on or is that a sticker? How do you know it is end of series? Is anything else different with your JP?
Many times there are prototype 'first' versions that are different from the standard production version of a pinball machine, but I am not aware of a special final version of JP.

Merci! it is a very thick sticker
it is simply due to the fact that Sega bought Data East in 1994, my "speaker pannels" are from a Jurassic World pinball.. from.. SEGA
they had to complete the missing ADN of the Data East with parts of the SEGA, and it made this Dinosaure very end of production completed
as simple as that

if anyone is interested to do a swap, i dont care about this details, i just want my JP to look exactly as it was when i saw it for the first time (27 years ago... damnnn i'm getting old)

For the rest, i can not really tell, but i think it is the only differences, the playfield seems to be identical.. the only things that could have a few differences could be the electronics.. but to be honnest, i didn't take the time to compare, as this baby is in really good condition.. so i am focussing on playing right now

Quoted from Daditude:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks Dadi

#7255 4 years ago

Merci! it is a very thick sticker
it is simply due to the fact that Sega bought Data East in 1994, my "speaker pannels" are from a Jurassic World pinball.. from.. SEGA
they had to complete the missing ADN of the Data East with parts of the SEGA, and it made this Dinosaure very end of production completed
as simple as that
if anyone is interested to do a swap, i dont care about this details, i just want my JP to look exactly as it was when i saw it for the first time (27 years ago... damnnn i'm getting old)
For the rest, i can not really tell, but i think it is the only differences, the playfield seems to be identical.. the only things that could have a few differences could be the electronics.. but to be honnest, i didn't take the time to compare, as this baby is in really good condition.. so i am focussing on playing right now

Thanks Dadi

Where are you getting this information?
What is the manufacture date on your machine?
I've never heard of anything like this but
they are 100% not from a sega JP.

A guy in the Data east club posted some screen decals that are closer to the original. Post #909

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/19#post-4309651

Hmm, the plot thickens, in that very thread two posts down Meloyelo51 says he has plain black screens too.

365016a01354d2298def4c158decb44b28ba348e.jpeg (resized).jpg365016a01354d2298def4c158decb44b28ba348e.jpeg (resized).jpg
#7256 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

A guy in the Data east club posted some screen decals that are closer to the original. Post #909
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pinball-club/page/19#post-4309651
Hmm, the plot thickens, in that very thread two posts down meloyelo51 says he has plain black screens too.[quoted image]

I need these Williams Red one's for my Getaway. Will be much easier than pulling out and painting!

#7257 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Hmm, the plot thickens, in that very thread two posts down meloyelo51 says he has plain black screens too.[quoted image]

Thanx for the decals link!

Unfortunately if i have to stick decals on the screens, i think i will do them myself using photoshop.. i want it to look as close as the originals, the best way would be to get a very high quality scan from someone who would take the time to unscrew them and share the file.. I think I will ask if I don't find anybody to swap screens.

do you know where i can find the manufacture date? so i can check if the seller was right about the story.. i am the second owner of this pinball..

Here is a picture of my speaker. Be careful! I'm not saying that my speakers are identical than the SEGA, just saying that the design has been made by SEGA.

jhgfdfghjk (resized).jpgjhgfdfghjk (resized).jpg
#7258 4 years ago

Got my gate translite in totday

Its hard to take good pictures, in real live the lights are less shining trough
Ive got Some blinkers behind the flares for flickering flames
04DC7774-5164-4AE2-BA4E-AF89D57D6AB6 (resized).jpeg04DC7774-5164-4AE2-BA4E-AF89D57D6AB6 (resized).jpeg7B6FC943-EE3E-4675-AA9E-C15AFD9A5722 (resized).jpeg7B6FC943-EE3E-4675-AA9E-C15AFD9A5722 (resized).jpeg94DBEB2A-7C14-4995-87FF-22F578D6980F (resized).jpeg94DBEB2A-7C14-4995-87FF-22F578D6980F (resized).jpegF97CF5CA-6AE3-47DF-8445-434C0C2780C7 (resized).jpegF97CF5CA-6AE3-47DF-8445-434C0C2780C7 (resized).jpeg

#7259 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow - I like that translite a LOT!

#7260 4 years ago
Quoted from Turdbol:

Wow - I like that translite a LOT!

You can buy them at retrorefurbs
Here's a link the topic from the guy who made them
Some pics in there too

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-new-alternative-jurassic-park-translites

#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey! Nice mod!!! are you planning to change the lights position? so the flames of the gate will flash?

By the way, is it me or your T-rex has teeth
if yes i want to see more pictures please

#7262 4 years ago

Hey! Nice mod!!! are you planning to change the lights position? so the flames of the gate will flash?
By the way, is it me or your T-rex has teeth
if yes i want to see more pictures please

The blinkers are allready almost at the good position but still messing around with them,
The teeth i made myself, but fellow pinsider Mr Tantrum makes a realy nice teeth mod!
Here is a link to a previous post scroll down from there to see the result.
Shoot him a PM for more info

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/141#post-5208312

Mine are homebrew

20191006_153405 (resized).jpg20191006_153405 (resized).jpg
#7263 4 years ago

Anyone have an extra small right habitrail they might be willing to sell me? or a lead on one? - #535-6532-00

#7264 4 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Anyone have an extra small right habitrail they might be willing to sell me? or a lead on one? - #535-6532-00

Yours is missing?

#7265 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

The blinkers are allready almost at the good position but still messing around with them,
The teeth i made myself, but fellow pinsider Mr Tantrum makes a realy nice teeth mod!
Here is a link to a previous post scroll down from there to see the result.
Shoot him a PM for more info
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/141#post-5208312
Mine are homebrew[quoted image]

I went to the link, I really like the idea, and the work of Mr Tantrum; It is very clean, but i really prefer the scale of the teeth you made, much more accurate to me. I think I will do it myself.. your Trex is really beautiful and very well modded btw thanx for the picture, you motivated me

#7266 4 years ago

Whatever you come up with, a gummy T-Rex just isn’t very menacing compared to one with teeth!

#7267 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Whatever you come up with, a gummy T-Rex just isn’t very menacing compared to one with teeth!

#7268 4 years ago

Question regarding turning around the 'shoot T-rex when lit' sign -- do you guys just unscrew the right most screw and turn it to face forward? is there a particular you prefer to screw in once turned to keep it from moving or does she just sit loose on that side?

#7269 4 years ago

Who's in the mood for a little tongue? T-Rex tongue, that is. Here is my replacement version for the cartoonish OEM T-Rex tongue decal.

- It's more realistic
- It has better coloring
- It's larger
- It's sized to fit perfectly

Cost is $6 which includes US postage (international orders are $7 including postage). As always, please PM me if interested in purchasing.

Original Anemic Cartoon Tongue Decal
IMG_3330 (resized).JPGIMG_3330 (resized).JPG

My Replacement Tongue Decal
IMG_3331 (resized).JPGIMG_3331 (resized).JPG

Installed with My T-Rex Teeth (if you already have teeth installed you will need to remove them, install the decal, then replace the teeth.
T-RexTongue (resized).jpgT-RexTongue (resized).jpg

#7270 4 years ago

I've gotta say Mr_Tantrum that the closeup of the tongue is gross. But...

It looks great installed!

#7271 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I've gotta say mr_tantrum that the closeup of the tongue is gross. But...
It looks great installed!

Thanks. BTW, I enjoy your site.

#7272 4 years ago

Workshop of the day:

- Added the missing pteranodons (bought them from ebay, despite the fact that the attachment were missing, they are the original models)
- Cleaned the playfield with microfiber and water so i can change the 6 balls (i heard that the balls get micro scratches and destroy the playfied's paint with time if you dont change them..)
- Improved the egg ball with a white ceramic (the commercial adds of 1993 were already showing a white captive ball!) damn it is much better looking!
- Installing a set of protectors for the drop holes. Very discreet! and not making the ball harder to get in so... very happy with that.

Finaly found the vertical and horizontal motors of the T-rex!
(Just paranoid of having issue with them. One day, they will get out of stock, or too pricy so.. I think it is a good investment)

Next step:

- Will try to repair and paint the damadged drop holes
- taking of the mylar peaces (just little peaces i am very lucky), removing the left glue, cleaning the playfield
then install a complete playfield protector (no glue), i also heard of waxing protection, any advice? i want to keep my JP's artwork for lifetime...
- Install full led with frosted models (I dont really like the "too bright leds, i prefer the old style look
(if anybody has advice for a complete detailed list playfield and front panel, it would be awesome instead of buying an expensive full kit)
- changing the parts broken and add washers protectors (everywhere if i can..)
- Give some teeth to the T-rex (The only aesthetic modding i will do to the pinball with the egg ball)
- Get rid of the AA battery (my nightmare) and install an NVRAM, if anybody has a recommandation for a good product,
there are many people selling those.. would appreciate
- Change the glass for a "anti reflection" (the actual glass has already a lot of scratches so...)

Thats it for now!

Thank you all for your posts on this forum, it really helped me to do things right
Dont hesitate to tell me if i am doing something wrong, or if you have any other ideas that i could have missed to improve my JP and to give it a long life.
A1 (resized).JPGA1 (resized).JPGA2 (resized).JPGA2 (resized).JPGA3 (resized).JPGA3 (resized).JPGA4 (resized).JPGA4 (resized).JPGA5 (resized).JPGA5 (resized).JPGA7 (resized).pngA7 (resized).pngA8 (resized).JPGA8 (resized).JPGA9 (resized).JPGA9 (resized).JPGA10 (resized).JPGA10 (resized).JPGA11 (resized).JPGA11 (resized).JPGA12 (resized).JPGA12 (resized).JPGA13 (resized).JPGA13 (resized).JPGA14 (resized).JPGA14 (resized).JPGA15 (resized).JPGA15 (resized).JPGA16 (resized).JPGA16 (resized).JPGA17 (resized).JPGA17 (resized).JPGA18 (resized).JPGA18 (resized).JPG

#7273 4 years ago

Took my apron off for the first time and noticed there’s two screws missing on the shooting rod mech - are these two mounting holes supposed to have screws or are they traditionally empty on JP?

Apologies for the noob question

325BA079-816E-4706-8616-FA8BC846D7E3 (resized).jpeg325BA079-816E-4706-8616-FA8BC846D7E3 (resized).jpegA1810463-E1CA-4C4A-AC49-4AA6E29E5692 (resized).jpegA1810463-E1CA-4C4A-AC49-4AA6E29E5692 (resized).jpeg
#7274 4 years ago

Turns out that adding both finally allows the balls to enter the gate everytime — ive never considered checking for screws, I’d always though it was ‘is the game level’

#7275 4 years ago

- Get rid of the AA battery (my nightmare) and install an NVRAM, if anybody has a recommandation for a good product

6264 NVRAM will be plug and play for all DE, Sega, and Stern Whitestar games (except Sharkey's Shootout will require 62256 NVRAM). Since you are in France, you still should be able to get something there without issues.

https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#7276 4 years ago

Does anyone have a line on a sticker for the previously unseen side of the OG ‘t-rex’ box?

4FFF35C0-28BE-4A58-A986-E3D0627FC8E2 (resized).jpeg4FFF35C0-28BE-4A58-A986-E3D0627FC8E2 (resized).jpeg
#7277 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

Does anyone have a line on a sticker for the previously unseen side of the OG ‘t-rex’ box?[quoted image]

How about this (mirror of the other side)?

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#7278 4 years ago

Here is what I came up with. $6 if anyone is interested.
IMG_3356 (resized).JPGIMG_3356 (resized).JPG

#7279 4 years ago

Question regarding Service Bulletin 54 --

I realigned my flipper angle on my lower-left-flipper two days ago and suddenly the flipper will stop working all together at random.

If I physically move the flipper up while holding the left button it will eventually engage and play a few more rounds but will eventually die again and not respond. When I do hold the button the flipper is definitely getting power and if I physically move it up it will stay up and the hold in the up position is strong.

I've purchased a flipper rebuild kit and am waiting for it to arrive, but was wondering about replacing my flipper board like SB54 suggests -- I've got 520-5033-03 in my game currently and upon googling replacement board 520-5076-00 I came across this:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5076-00

It is listed as a 'Stern' on Marcos -- has anyone used this board? any issues?

Is there a better solution to SB54 than this board replacement?

#7280 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the new Cliffy set in their JP's?

In particular -- has anyone with winteriscoming 's rex tried the T-Rex cliffy? does his rex come near the edge of the cliffy? wondering about the two being used together and if they've come to damage each other in anyway.

#7281 4 years ago

I only put cliffys on my scoops. The saucer is fine scratched up, and Id never want to risk scratching my $400 rex.

#7282 4 years ago

nm

#7283 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

6264 NVRAM will be plug and play for all DE, Sega, and Stern Whitestar games (except Sharkey's Shootout will require 62256 NVRAM). Since you are in France, you still should be able to get something there without issues.
https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Thank you! i will definitly have a check on that.

Quoted from JohnJN:

Has anyone installed the new Cliffy set in their JP's?
In particular -- has anyone with winteriscoming 's rex tried the T-Rex cliffy? does his rex come near the edge of the cliffy? wondering about the two being used together and if they've come to damage each other in anyway.

Have you got the link? can't find it and curious about it

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Id never want to risk scratching my $400 rex.

What do you mean by that? the T-Rex's cliffy is scratching it?

#7284 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yours is missing?

Not missing but in really rough shape.

#7285 4 years ago

Thank you! i will definitly have a check on that.

Have you got the link? can't find it and curious about it

Cliffy's stuff is here: http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

I emailed him via his site and he put a package together of the redesigned set of 3, plus the t-rex saucer cliffy and the launch lane cliffy's.

And as for the T-rex cliffy scratching the physical rex toy -- to be honest, I haven't installed mine in the game yet but the others are fantastic -- but I just remember the t-rex mod install video and winteriscoming was adamant about checking the placement and movement of his rex so I was curious if anyone with their rex mod had issues or had tried this cliffy out. But judging from @chitownpinball's mention, I don't think he'll be trying it anytime soon LOL

#7286 4 years ago

At random my game has started popping up with this 'To Adjust Replay Push Start' upon powering up... has anyone seen this before? anything I can do to fix? anything I need to worry about?

IMG_3712 (resized).jpgIMG_3712 (resized).jpg
#7287 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

At random my game has started popping up with this 'To Adjust Replay Push Start' upon powering up... has anyone seen this before? anything I can do to fix? anything I need to worry about?[quoted image]

Your average score is too low. The game offers here to lower the replay value.

#7288 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Your average score is too low. The game offers here to lower the replay value.

Davi and here I was worried about some electrical problem (having lots of issues lately), thankfully i'm just terrible at my game!!!

#7289 4 years ago

Thanks, now i understand why he talks about T-Rex scratching... nah not for me, i think i would be scared too scratching the Toy.. I prefer to restore the whole with some resin instead

#7290 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

I realigned my flipper angle on my lower-left-flipper two days ago and suddenly the flipper will stop working all together at random.
If I physically move the flipper up while holding the left button it will eventually engage and play a few more rounds but will eventually die again and not respond. When I do hold the button the flipper is definitely getting power and if I physically move it up it will stay up and the hold in the up position is strong.

Make sure the flipper coil wires are secure on the coil, not cracked a little. Same goes for the wires on the End of Stop (EOS) switch there, make sure the wires are secure, and also make sure the EOS switch contacts are clean.

#7291 4 years ago

I mean the cliffy for the saucer is a metal ring. I dont want a chance for that ring to damage my custom sculpted trex. Id rather the saucer get scratched up.

#7292 4 years ago

I mean the cliffy for the saucer is a metal ring. I dont want a chance for that ring to damage my custom sculpted trex. Id rather the saucer get scratched up.

I'd have to get one to test, but I would be surprised if that causes an issue with the improved t-rex.

The protector is along the front edge, and I'm not sure if anything would happen with the t-rex other than the nose resting on the protector during pickup. I suppose there's a chance that the slight raising of the resting spot could impact pickup.

#7293 4 years ago

after having a look of the ring on cliffy's web site, i got to the same point, seems very risky, i will think about another solution.

#7294 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I'd have to get one to test, but I would be surprised if that causes an issue with the improved t-rex.
The protector is along the front edge, and I'm not sure if anything would happen with the t-rex other than the nose resting on the protector during pickup. I suppose there's a chance that the slight raising of the resting spot could impact pickup.

I dunno man. He lowers, and closes on the ball. To me, it looks like when he closes he would scrape that protector. Hes got a taller schnoz than the stock one doesnt he?

Either way, unless you just had your playfield restored or if its mint, why even bother with this. Risk/reward.

#7295 4 years ago

I am looking for swapping my two speaker's Grid whith yellow/black T-Rex ones (Totaly original from the Pinball, not a mod or DIY. This is 100% authentic)
I would feel stupid to mod them, destroying the original design. Would someone be interrested?
jhgfdfghjk (resized).jpgjhgfdfghjk (resized).jpg

#7296 4 years ago

I picked up a JP a few months ago and love it. It has the lights and JP sign for the topper but is missing the metal light diverted bracket that goes in front of the lights. Anyone have dimensions /drawings for that or know where I could get one? Thank you!

#7297 4 years ago
Quoted from wleisenr:

I picked up a JP a few months ago and love it. It has the lights and JP sign for the topper but is missing the metal light diverted bracket that goes in front of the lights. Anyone have dimensions /drawings for that or know where I could get one? Thank you!

I am missing this part too, and very interrested if someone could give us the dimensions of this light diverted bracket with pictures (both sides)
just to be acurate to the original, a bracket can easily be found in a DIY store, it would just need to be cutted and painted

#7298 4 years ago
Quoted from wleisenr:

Use the "Find in topic" function:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/82#post-4161300

#7300 4 years ago

I am looking for swapping my two speaker's Grid whith yellow/black T-Rex ones (Totaly original from the Pinball, not a mod or DIY. This is 100% authentic)
I would feel stupid to mod them, destroying the original design. Would someone be interrested?
[quoted image]

It's not original.
None of the pinball manufacturer installed any small sticker onto the cabinet (except serial number on front cabinet decal - it's simply not "arcade proof".
Original method was screen printing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.