IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 203.
#7151 4 years ago

I thought I'd give everyone an update on the new PinSound shaker for Jurassic Park. I just finished programming the shakerization for the game and have delivered it to PinSound. I'm sure the guys will have it integrated in a few days or less, so if you've been wanting an updated shaker for your Jurassic Park then now is the time to order just in time to treaty yourself for Christmas.

#7152 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

My JP resets very often (once the word slam tilt appeared, the others restart or the screen remains off while the lights of the playfield turned on for a few minutes and then restarts) I think it depends on the 5v right? What are the components to replace on the power supply to restore the 5v? I'm not familiar with electronics but I'm handy with the welder

Have you first cheked the , door slam tilt?

#7153 4 years ago

Just got Data East Jurassic Park as my first pin after much looking (and saving). The game is great however the Trex has had issues since bringing it home. I’m hoping someone here can help... the t-Rex left switch isn’t being recognized when I engage it. I replaced the switch and still nothing.

Also, the trex up-down motor wasn’t working and saw that it had the cables pulled out of the motor and since I wasnt sure how they connected I bought a new up-down motor. Up-down still isn’t working with the new motor installed. Any ideas?

9B246A5D-2F9B-4CEF-8B87-C3B9C11DCFBA (resized).jpeg9B246A5D-2F9B-4CEF-8B87-C3B9C11DCFBA (resized).jpeg
#7154 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Just got Data East Jurassic Park as my first pin after much looking (and saving). The game is great however the Trex has had issues since bringing it home. I’m hoping someone here can help... the t-Rex left switch isn’t being recognized when I engage it. I replaced the switch and still nothing.
Also, the trex up-down motor wasn’t working and saw that it had the cables pulled out of the motor and since I wasnt sure how they connected I bought a new up-down motor. Up-down still isn’t working with the new motor installed. Any ideas?[quoted image]

First of all, congrats on your first pin and welcome to the wormhole that will suck you in.

As far as the T-Rex goes, there are all kinds of issues documented in this thread and others. My first advice would be to search the term within this thread and then on Pinside as a whole to read the issues others have had.

Second, have you gone into service modes to ensure that the T-Rex features are enabled? It is common for the T-Rex to malfunction, so the software allows you to turn off various aspects of it's movement.

If you don't have a manual, you can download one here: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=jurassic+park&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1343

#7155 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Have you first cheked the , door slam tilt?

Yes, i have cheked the door slam tilt, this isn't the problem

#7156 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First of all, congrats on your first pin and welcome to the wormhole that will suck you in.
As far as the T-Rex goes, there are all kinds of issues documented in this thread and others. My first advice would be to search the term within this thread and then on Pinside as a whole to read the issues others have had.
Second, have you gone into service modes to ensure that the T-Rex features are enabled? It is common for the T-Rex to malfunction, so the software allows you to turn off various aspects of it's movement.
If you don't have a manual, you can download one here: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=jurassic+park&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1343

Thanks for the welcome! I did go into diagnostics for the t-Rex and when trying to engage up-down movement I hear the relay click but no motor movement. One of the threads (which I’ve been searching through) mentioned to reflow the relay board to fix movement issues so I’m going to try that.

That doesn’t explain the left t-rex switch not working though which I replaced and it still doesn’t work. I’m wondering if it may be a shot diode connected to the switch but I’m really grasping at straws with it...

#7157 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Thanks for the welcome! I did go into diagnostics for the t-Rex and when trying to engage up-down movement I hear the relay click but no motor movement. One of the threads (which I’ve been searching through) mentioned to reflow the relay board to fix movement issues so I’m going to try that.
That doesn’t explain the left t-rex switch not working though which I replaced and it still doesn’t work. I’m wondering if it may be a shot diode connected to the switch but I’m really grasping at straws with it...

You'll need to get familiar with using a multi-meter to test voltages, continuity, etc. Best first step is knowing if power is getting to the part or not. Sometimes things can be easy to track, and other times more difficult. My T-rex diagnoses took a month or more before I figured it out with tremendous support from other JP owners. In the end, I had to replace a couple of components on my power driver board.

#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You'll need to get familiar with using a multi-meter to test voltages, continuity, etc. Best first step is knowing if power is getting to the part or not. Sometimes things can be easy to track, and other times more difficult. My T-rex diagnoses took a month or more before I figured it out with tremendous support from other JP owners. In the end, I had to replace a couple of components on my power driver board.

I will test tonight to see if there’s power going to the left switch. I’m hoping that fixing the switch issue will solve the up-down motor not working.

Do you know if it matters The order in which the two up-down motor wires plug into the connector? They’re both yellow.

#7159 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

I will test tonight to see if there’s power going to the left switch. I’m hoping that fixing the switch issue will solve the up-down motor not working.
Do you know if it matters The order in which the two up-down motor wires plug into the connector? They’re both yellow.

Full disclosure in that electronics are not my strong suit. Posting pics and asking specific questions here in the owners thread is best. Won’t be home until later tonight, but may already be some good pics in the thread that answer your question.

#7160 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Full disclosure in that electronics are not my strong suit. Posting pics and asking specific questions here in the owners thread is best. Won’t be home until later tonight, but may already be some good pics in the thread that answer your question.

I’ve started to research switch matrix and what’s really interesting is that there are three switches that fail in diagnostics and they are all next to each other in the same matrix row. I wonder if it’s a faulty diode or wiring between these three switches. Row 8, number 24, 32, and 40.

9C8331FB-40E6-4087-A7B8-B4093B96D102 (resized).jpeg9C8331FB-40E6-4087-A7B8-B4093B96D102 (resized).jpeg
#7161 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’ve started to research switch matrix and what’s really interesting is that there are three switches that fail in diagnostics and they are all next to each other in the same matrix row. I wonder if it’s a faulty diode or wiring between these three switches. Row 8, number 24, 32, and 40.

#7162 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Likely a problem with the wire that goes to that row: Gray with white dots.

Probably came loose from one switch which makes the rest down the line not work also. Follow the wire and check it, starting at those switches.

#7163 4 years ago

So I posted a couple of weeks ago about my auto launcher being sluggish. Now the auto launcher has stopped completely after a game a couple of nights ago. I checked the fuses, coil , reflowed the wires on the coil. Nothing. I went into the coil test and can't get it to fire. All other coils are firing. I've got guest coming over Saturday itching to play. Help!

#7164 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

So I posted a couple of weeks ago about my auto launcher being sluggish. Now the auto launcher has stopped completely after a game a couple of nights ago. I checked the fuses, coil , reflowed the wires on the coil. Nothing. I went into the coil test and can't get it to fire. All other coils are firing. I've got guest coming over Saturday itching to play. Help!

Picture of the mech please, can you manualy move the plunger in the coil? How is the coil bushing
Have you checked the switch matrix, the wireing and conector and pins at the boards?

#7165 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Picture of the mech please, can you manualy move the plunger in the coil? How is the coil bushing
Have you checked the switch matrix, the wireing and conector and pins at the boards?

The coil is fine. Its a coil not a switch so I don't need to check the switch matrix. The connectors on the ppb are fine. I reseated them.

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Its a coil not a switch so I don't need to check the switch matrix.

There is a switch in the shooter lane. If the ball is not detected on that switch, it may not auto plunge.

#7167 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

There is a switch in the shooter lane. If the ball is not detected on that switch, it may not auto plunge.

Even during the coil test?

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Even during the coil test?

No, if it does not operate during the coil test, its not the switch.

#7169 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

No, if it does not operate during the coil test, its not the switch.

That's what I thought. I'm starting to think it the transistor on the PPB

#7170 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

That's what I thought. I'm starting to think it the transistor on the PPB

I have never worked on that, but I enjoy electronics. It appears it is driven by Q5 which gets its signal from D3.

Also, do you have the 50v at the coil?

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#7171 4 years ago

Would there be an issue adding starpost lights to this game because of the metal washers? I'm thinking the washers could potentially short out the lights?

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Would there be an issue adding starpost lights to this game because of the metal washers? I'm thinking the washers could potentially short out the lights?

Are you referring to the DE JP or the new stern JP?
My DEJP doesnt have or need metal washers and my stern JP doesnt necessarily NEED them so you can just take them off either way.
You can buy rubber or felt washers if you want to keep some on.
But to answer your question yes I would be wary of installing the lights with metal washers.
You could always contact @Ryanwagner from comet and ask him, he is very responsive.

#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Are you referring to the DE JP or the new stern JP?

Oops! I have the wrong thread. I was referring to the new Stern JP. They have metal washers installed form the factory which I'm assuming are to address the pooling in the clear. Thanks for the response anyway!

#7174 4 years ago

Why is my game skipping past a bunch of settings in the adjustments? Im trying to turn free play off, which is adjustment 30, and my game goes from 19 to 99. But when I go backwards its there. W t f

#7175 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Why is my game skipping past a bunch of settings in the adjustments? Im trying to turn free play off, which is adjustment 30, and my game goes from 19 to 99. But when I go backwards its there. W t f

That's normal to make it faster. You can also turn on 'extended list'.

Here are my notes on the goofy DE 3 menu buttons:

Pressing Black with the green button 'in' starts diagnostics.
Pressing Black with the green button 'out' starts Audits and Adjustments.
When in a menu, set the green in or out to go to next or previous menu item when black is pressed.
Some higher menu items are not shown unless you go backwards through the list, or 'extend list' is selected.
Start button is used to change the value, then hit next to save.

#7176 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I have never worked on that, but I enjoy electronics. It appears it is driven by Q5 which gets its signal from D3.
Also, do you have the 50v at the coil?
[quoted image]

No power at the coil. Problem solved. Auto launch coil is daisy chained to the right VUK. The power wire for the auto launch came off the right VUK coil

#7177 4 years ago

If anyone is looking to join the club, there is a very nice looking JP for sale on FB right now, not mine, just thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349/permalink/1458399227669726/?sale_post_id=1458399227669726

#7178 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Likely a problem with the wire that goes to that row: Gray with white dots.
Probably came loose from one switch which makes the rest down the line not work also. Follow the wire and check it, starting at those switches.

Success on the left t-Rex switch! Found a wire that detached further down the chain. Soldered and now all good.

However I still have the issue with the t-Rex not moving up/down. There is a click on the relay board but no Dino movement. I took off the relay board to inspect thinking there are cold solder joints. What I found is that there’s a copper strip that was a bit charred and is hanging off the board. Is there any way to fix this or should I be on the lookout for a new relay board?

1FB499A0-FE8E-4A01-9420-5C767ECEF715 (resized).jpeg1FB499A0-FE8E-4A01-9420-5C767ECEF715 (resized).jpeg31354A90-A71E-4388-AC7F-68BDA3C75A89 (resized).jpeg31354A90-A71E-4388-AC7F-68BDA3C75A89 (resized).jpeg
#7179 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Success on the left t-Rex switch! Found a wire that detached further down the chain. Soldered and now all good.
However I still have the issue with the t-Rex not moving up/down. There is a click on the relay board but no Dino movement. I took off the relay board to inspect thinking there are cold solder joints. What I found is that there’s a copper strip that was a bit charred and is hanging off the board. Is there any way to fix this or should I be on the lookout for a new relay board?[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a continuity between red points?

20191222_202723 (resized).jpg20191222_202723 (resized).jpg
#7180 4 years ago

Run a jumper wire from both points. That trace is clearly broken. It will be fine if there is no underlying reason it did that in the first place.

#7181 4 years ago

Also, just as Davi said you can check continuity between the two points and to verify if it broken

#7182 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Is there a continuity between red points?[quoted image]

Great suggestion! There was not continuity. A small portion of the ribbon near the pin had a broken connection point. After adding some solder in that section it’s now working. T. rex I’d happily eating balls now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Also, just as Davi said you can check continuity between the two points and to verify if it broken

Thank you. You were both correct!

#7184 4 years ago

Hope to sand my ball trough bottom rail and get my balls queuing up properly again. I havent played my game in months.

Got some time off coming up. Fingers crossed.

#7185 4 years ago

Argh. After fixing a t-Rex switch issue, replacing a up/down motor, and fixing the up/down relay the t-Rex is finally working (thanks to multiple people on this site).

However, the last issue I am dealing with is that the t-Rex slams down on the play field and it’s starting to chip the play field. I think the issue may be that there’s no spring on the arm that the up/down motor is connected to that I’ve seen on pics from other machines. See the yellow circle where a sprint should be. Does anyone know what kind of spring is used and how to connect it? I see there’s an eye at the end of the arm but not sure how it connects on the other end.

4D265636-DCD4-493B-8333-2900C8EF376A (resized).jpeg4D265636-DCD4-493B-8333-2900C8EF376A (resized).jpeg
#7186 4 years ago

Hope this helps

IMG_20191222_213856 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_213856 (resized).jpg
#7187 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hope this helps[quoted image]

Thank you! That’s the clearest picture I’ve seen so far.

#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Thank you! That’s the clearest picture I’ve seen so far.

Found out it’s called an extension spring with part no 265-5017-01. Currently out of stock everywhere I’ve looked except in Australia. Wondering is it’s worth the $20 and wait to order from AU...

#7189 4 years ago

Hi guys,
I'm joining the club today as I ve just purchased a JP to a friend of mine.

It was unused for years and needs good cleaning and some fixes....

The good thing is that the fuses are ok and the GI is working (as I have redone CN8....)

But, none of the controlled lamps is working...zero....
As I have already checked the fuses and thé connectors, what should I do next ???

The Trex jaw doesnot work. Probably a bad cool, but where is it located ?
I cant find it in the manual......

Finally, I ve round out some connectors inside the cabinet which are..not connected to anything.....why ??

Although winter has come, I hope it is not too late tout get help from Winteriscoming for thé T rex !!!!
Thx....

IMG_20191222_162103 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_162103 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_163132 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_163132 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182013 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182013 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182020 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182020 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182028 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182028 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182041 (resized).jpgIMG_20191222_182041 (resized).jpg
#7190 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Found out it’s called an extension spring with part no 265-5017-01. Currently out of stock everywhere I’ve looked except in Australia. Wondering is it’s worth the $20 and wait to order from AU...

Can always stores locally see what the have that would work the same

#7191 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikew492:

Check the bottom of your cabinet. Odd that that spring would just be missing totally.

#7192 4 years ago

Anyone have a part number for the black piece that goes between the T-Rex and play field? I included a picture and circled the are in red.

Thanks For Looking

Peter

T-Rex (resized).pngT-Rex (resized).png
#7193 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

Anyone have a part number for the black piece that goes between the T-Rex and play field? I included a picture and circled the are in red.
Thanks For Looking
Peter[quoted image]

Search the thread, as many have custom made them from inner tube rubber or similar.

#7194 4 years ago

I can't seem to find anything..

#7196 4 years ago
Quoted from softail:

Hi guys,
I'm joining the club today as I ve just purchased a JP to a friend of mine.
It was unused for years and needs good cleaning and some fixes....
The good thing is that the fuses are ok and the GI is working (as I have redone CN8....)
But, none of the controlled lamps is working...zero....
As I have already checked the fuses and thé connectors, what should I do next ???
The Trex jaw doesnot work. Probably a bad cool, but where is it located ?
I cant find it in the manual......
Finally, I ve round out some connectors inside the cabinet which are..not connected to anything.....why ??
Although winter has come, I hope it is not too late tout get help from Winteriscoming for thé T rex !!!!
Thx....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

After some investigation, I do have the 5 V and 12 V.
But 0 V when measuring the fuse clips of F4 and F7.

COuld these clips be the culprits ?

#7197 4 years ago

I have a quick question. On my main board I have a column of what looks like ceramic blocks that are getting fire hot to the touch. crazy hot. Is that normal or a prelude to something bad getting ready to happen?

IMG_7406 (resized).JPGIMG_7406 (resized).JPGIMG_7407 (resized).JPGIMG_7407 (resized).JPG
#7198 4 years ago

I have a quick question. On my main board I have a column of what looks like ceramic blocks that are getting fire hot to the touch. crazy hot. Is that normal or a prelude to something bad getting ready to happen?

#7199 4 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

I have a quick question. On my main board I have a column of what looks like ceramic blocks that are getting fire hot to the touch. crazy hot. Is that normal or a prelude to something bad getting ready to happen?[quoted image][quoted image]

This is normal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/139#post-5179598

#7200 4 years ago

Hello! May I please get some help! This has been a grail machine for me - and the wife finally let me buy one! We found one that is in great shape, mirrored blades, LED, and just in all around great shape. We got it home, and it worked perfectly. The next morning (today), I noticed that the T-Rex wasn't eating the ball anymore. Through the manual - I found a small board that seemed like it controlled part of the T-Rex, I think its the one pictured but it may be the slightly larger one. I simply removed the connections and replaced them, and the T-Rex started working again! Hooray! However - now - sadly - I started throwing the "Missing 6 ball Error" and the switch that controlled the ball trough solenoid claimed it worked(test mode), but would NOT fire the solenoid. The solenoid still will not fire, but somehow I have started down a rabbit hole and created other issues. For starters, the ball trough switch - I removed it to examine it and it fell apart in numerous pieces. I have ordered another one - but am stuck now without it.

The bigger problem (amongst many) is that now I have this music sound (T-Rex Stomp) that comes on at the beginning and will NOT STOP. It repeats, UNTIL - I hit the start game button - once that happens, it joyfully reminds me that I am "missing 6 balls" even though they are there, and then the sound goes away. The attract music plays just fine once the cycle has been completed, but if I reboot the machine, here comes the sound again.

Please help me! I am new (very) new to the pinball world, I have had 2 projects in the past and both had to be sold because I couldn't figure them out! I bought a working machine, got home with a working machine - and somehow 12 hours later - I have a non-working machine! The wife is rather bummed to have spent north of 3k and we can't even use it!

Here's a video to my sound issue!

IMG_8335 (resized).JPGIMG_8335 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 10,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/144?hl=jamex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.