65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 203.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm wondering how my pop bumper action is compared to others.

Those are more active than stock. Definitely get the ball moving.

#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Printing as two pieces with the flush joint support was perfect. I use Testers Plastic Cement which works much better for me that Superglue on PLA (it also stays clear and doesn't leave a white haze).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good, thanks for your time. How about quick install? I hope it fits without any clearance issue.

#6903 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, I'm wondering how my pop bumper action is compared to others. When I first got the pin they were incredibly sluggish and I had a hard time getting form than a couple of pops at a time. I recently rebuilt them with Williams spoons, and now there are quite lively compared to what they were before.

I use Williams spoons as well. I just rebuilt the pop bumpers. One thing I see some people do not replace or forget to install is the spring for the pop bumper skirt. All the manuals I have seen do not list that spring. 266-5048-00.

#6904 4 years ago

I think I'm going to add a post to my left outlane. It's brutal right now. Anyone have the part/ link for that?

#6905 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I'm going to add a post to my left outlane. It's brutal right now. Anyone have the part/ link for that?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-3905

#6906 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Great looking JP! The jeep blocks the view of the upper flipper a little, so that's not for me.

Here is player's view with camera at eye level (FYI, I'm 6'3").

IMG_2643.JPGIMG_2643.JPG
#6907 4 years ago

Well. My 3-yo niece loves pinball.

Yesterday I had a yard sale. My mom was helping me run it. During the day, my sister showed up with her two daughters (3, and 9mo). The 3 year old LOVES Dinosaurs right now and can name pretty much every one by name. I'd been curious if she'd like to see my JP. So I sent her mom and her into the house to turn it on. They came back out and said the noise scared her.

A little later, my niece said she wanted to see it again. So while my mom and sister were manning the garage sale, I went in to show her how it played. First game she was a little timid. She sat in front of it on a bar stool while I stood behind her. Then after the first game I asked if she wanted to go back outside. She said, "No, again." So we played another game. Then asked if she was done. "No." Played 2 more games before I said I had to go back out, but that her mom could play with her.

So for and hour, me, my sister, my mom, and my dad rotated playing JP for about an hour. And she still wasn't done. She didn't want to leave. I have my game set up to take 2 tokens. She knew how many and how to add them. Knew to press the start button. Knew how and when you launch the ball. And somewhat understood how to flip. But she was more interested in watching the ball. I always tried to get the Trex to eat the ball whenever I could. She'd make the sound effects while the trex was bending down. Oh, and she even tried to "nudge" the ball one time when it was on the verge of going to the outlane. I don't nudge myself, she knew that once the ball goes out, it's done. So she motioned for it to go to the in lane.

So we have a new fan.

#6908 4 years ago

Super cute! Spread the pinball love man!

#6909 4 years ago

Finaly had the time to install Mr Tantrum's target decals.
Great product, i already have his door decal and he was realy great making me apron decals with cutouts for the lightbulbs.
Some pics
20190825_195210 (resized).jpg20190825_195210 (resized).jpg20190825_195235 (resized).jpg20190825_195235 (resized).jpg20190825_195253 (resized).jpg20190825_195253 (resized).jpg20190825_195339 (resized).jpg20190825_195339 (resized).jpg20190825_195346 (resized).jpg20190825_195346 (resized).jpg20190825_195359 (resized).jpg20190825_195359 (resized).jpg

20190825_201624 (resized).jpg20190825_201624 (resized).jpg
#6910 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Yesterday I had a yard sale. My mom was helping me run it. During the day, my sister showed up with her two daughters (3, and 9mo). The 3 year old LOVES Dinosaurs right now and can name pretty much every one by name. I'd been curious if she'd like to see my JP. So I sent her mom and her into the house to turn it on. They came back out and said the noise scared her.
A little later, my niece said she wanted to see it again. So while my mom and sister were manning the garage sale, I went in to show her how it played. First game she was a little timid. She sat in front of it on a bar stool while I stood behind her. Then after the first game I asked if she wanted to go back outside. She said, "No, again." So we played another game. Then asked if she was done. "No." Played 2 more games before I said I had to go back out, but that her mom could play with her.
So for and hour, me, my sister, my mom, and my dad rotated playing JP for about an hour. And she still wasn't done. She didn't want to leave. I have my game set up to take 2 tokens. She knew how many and how to add them. Knew to press the start button. Knew how and when you launch the ball. And somewhat understood how to flip. But she was more interested in watching the ball. I always tried to get the Trex to eat the ball whenever I could. She'd make the sound effects while the trex was bending down. Oh, and she even tried to "nudge" the ball one time when it was on the verge of going to the outlane. I don't nudge myself, she knew that once the ball goes out, it's done. So she motioned for it to go to the in lane.
So we have a new fan.

Love it!

#6911 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Great product, i already have his door decal and he was realy great making me apron decals with cutouts for the lightbulbs.
Some pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look great on your pin. I also like the 10K volt decal you have. I’ll be making myself one today. Did you make it, buy it somewhere, or did it come with the pin?

#6912 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They look great on your pin. I also like the 10K volt decal you have. I’ll be making myself one today. Did you make it, buy it somewhere, or did it come with the pin?

Made it myself, printed on normal paper and laminated it placed it there for the popbumers are tim climbing the electric fence mode and my entry gate was a little dull and scratched.
Looking forward to see what you make of it!

#6913 4 years ago

Actually, I like it better with square corners. Here is my version made the same way I make all of my other high quality decals. It takes the full height of the metal piece and the full width between where the bends start.

Thanks for the great idea!

IMG_2645.JPGIMG_2645.JPGIMG_2646.JPGIMG_2646.JPG
#6914 4 years ago

If you produce these i would like to buy one!

29xja7 (resized).jpg29xja7 (resized).jpg
#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, I like it better with square corners. Here is my version made the same way I make all of my other high quality decals. It takes the full height of the metal piece and the full width between where the bends start.
Thanks for the great idea![quoted image][quoted image]

FYI, I have @jorro's permission to make and sell these. They will be $5.00 including US shipping, so PM if interested. Also, jorro is getting his for free

#6916 4 years ago

Thanks Tantrum!

#6917 4 years ago

Oops, invalid post. I hate it when that happens.

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Some pics

Those are great pics. You should post a few in the pinball photography thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-photography-post-your-best-photos-here

#6920 4 years ago

What service rails will work w de JP? Anyone got any extra? Pm me. I hate the service legs. Thanks

#6921 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

They don't have the "bump" to have to go over when you slide the playfield back in.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html
I think either of these will fit.
I put the newer spike style on and they are a complete game changer.

#6922 4 years ago

Who do we need to speak to about getting ramps made? More specifically the subway? Mine is acting up again, and I'm pretty sure it's the DIY repair job on the part that mounts near the VUK.

A while back I was pretty sure the DIY rivots were causing the ball to not make it all the way up into the wireform. I sanded those back down, and VUK shot perfect. Then it started to act up again. Then decided that the rivots weren't the issue this time, it was the way the mounting tabs broke off. A tiny lip of plastic was most likely causing the ball to hit it, and get deflected. So I shaved that down and was shooting perfect, until last night.

The ball has made it 100% of the time, but I can tell it's going just ever so slightly fast enough to get over the hump. A little slower, and it wouldn't make it.

And to eliminate this question, VUK was rebuilt a couple years ago.

I feel like being that it's not seen, it could be rebuilt by anything. Aluminum for all I care. Who knows maybe I'll try my hand with it.

#6923 4 years ago

I feel your pain.......I have tried getting one made but nobody knows where or who can make one. There was a pinside poster that has a NOS one and offer it to freeplay40 to copy and he declined because he can't make that ramp because he needs a larger heater So I gave up and went to a local hardware store and purchased some lexan and plastic JB weld. Used a small propane torch to make a new end for the VUK. Can you share a photo.....I can try to repair your ramp

#6924 4 years ago

Where are you guys getting the teeth for the Trex? They look good

#6925 4 years ago

Guys where can I buy the updated teeth for the Trex?

#6926 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Go back in time and buy winteriscoming 's T-Rex, go forward in time and buy winteriscoming 's T-Rex, plop down a bunch of money and purhcase someone else's winteriscoming 's T-Rex or make your own out of a takeout container like someone else in the thread did. One guy bought a T-Rex hand puppet and used that.

#6927 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Go back in time and buy winteriscoming 's T-Rex, go forward in time and buy winteriscoming 's T-Rex, plop down a bunch of money and purhcase someone else's winteriscoming 's T-Rex or make your own out of a takeout container like someone else in the thread did. One guy bought a T-Rex hand puppet and used that.

haha ok I thought it was still for sale....

If I remember the redone trex was like 400+ or something.

#6928 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm starting work on developing a 3D printed version of just the teeth to use with OEM T-Rex. Not sure when I will be ready to share (need a lot of trial & error testing).

#6929 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm starting work on developing a 3D printed version of just the teeth to use with OEM T-Rex. Not sure when I will be ready to share (need a lot of trial & error testing).

Nice! I actually like the TREX they have now. Teeth would be the necessary upgrade. Keep me posted!

#6930 4 years ago

winteriscoming Trex is awesome looking.....wished it could be purchased

#6931 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I will beta test it

#6932 4 years ago
phpThumb_generated_thumbnail (resized).pngphpThumb_generated_thumbnail (resized).png
#6933 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So we have a new fan.

That's so awesome!!! A completely new generation of JP fans!!

#6934 4 years ago

Thanks to @delt31, I have a new decal to offer. Cost is $5 with US postage, so please PM if interested.

This one is for the top of the ball launch gate. I have mine covered with a jeep so I never noticed it, but I thought the idea was a good one. Here is an image of the decal and a simulation of what it looks like installed.

Caution - Dino Area.jpgCaution - Dino Area.jpgDanger - Dino Area.jpgDanger - Dino Area.jpg
#6935 4 years ago

I've been in the cleaning out mode. I've got the power supply board and DMD from my JP. Looking to sell at a good price. Anyone in search of those two?

#6936 4 years ago

And here is my newest decal mod - coin reject decals. Daditude showed me something similar out there, but not for the original JP. This version matches my other caution themed decals (coin door & apron art - not to mention the paint scheme on my rails). Cost is $10 for the set of 2 which includes US postage. As always, please PM me if interested in purchasing.

JP_CoinSlotDecal.jpgJP_CoinSlotDecal.jpgIMG_2659.JPGIMG_2659.JPGIMG_2660.JPGIMG_2660.JPG
#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And here is my newest decal mod - coin reject decals. daditude showed me something similar out there, but not for the original JP. This version matches my other caution themed decals (coin door & apron art - not to mention the paint scheme on my rails). Cost is $10 for the set of 2 which includes US postage. As always, please PM me if interested in purchasing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

you got any of the coin reject inserts you show in the pics?

#6938 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

you got any of the coin reject inserts you show in the pics?

Of course, but not really worth it unless you are ordering other stuff too.

However, you can make your own: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/108#post-4887601

#6939 4 years ago

well just finished my LED conversion for my JP (all comet LEDs - they're the best for lighting). Also - I put a giant LED strip in the back to light up that backboard plastic and banner - thought it came out well as I can now see it!

All that is left is to add is loop combo for the scoops which are in the mail (desperately need those) and mirrors. This is a very nice example of JP and there are stapled pieces of paper covering the area that I need to access to unluck those lug nuts. Pretty cool. Must have come that way from factory. See attached.
20190830_203812 (resized).jpg20190830_203812 (resized).jpg20190830_203816 (resized).jpg20190830_203816 (resized).jpg20190831_093414 (resized).jpg20190831_093414 (resized).jpg20190831_093410 (resized).jpg20190831_093410 (resized).jpg

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

well just finished my LED conversion for my JP (all comet LEDs - they're the best for lighting). Also - I put a giant LED strip in the back to light up that backboard plastic and banner - thought it came out well as I can now see it!
All that is left is to add is loop combo for the scoops which are in the mail (desperately need those) and mirrors. This is a very nice example of JP and there are stapled pieces of paper covering the area that I need to access to unluck those lug nuts. Pretty cool. Must have come that way from factory. See attached.

z5z8e (resized).jpgz5z8e (resized).jpg
#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Could you tell us what LED strip you used(voltage and maker) and where you attached it to (GI?)

#6942 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Could you tell us what LED strip you used(voltage and maker) and where you attached it to (GI?)

I don't know what he used, but here is what I've used to do it (All Comet Pinball products):

- 2 x 20 SMD (8") Amber Matrix LED strips (or cool white, but I think the Amber gives a better overall look). Remove the plastic connector off one to expose the wire leads, trim the clear plastic above the leads on the other to expose the solder pads, solder the leads of the one at right to the pads on the one at left (wiring will be coming from back left as you face the front of the sign). If you don't want to solder then purchase an extra 12" extension cable and two-way splitter wire to connect the two LED strips to one input wire.

- 1 x 36" (or 3 x 12" depending upon what they have in stock) Matrix extension wire

- 1 x Matrix alligator clips (included for free with the LED strips)

- You will also need the 3D printed light box in the thread above or 2 x 1/2-3/4" standoffs, along with some sort of backing to adhere the LEDs to (e.g. an aluminum or plastic strip with holes drilled that align with the sign mounting holes on left & right. Standoffs are not 100% necessary, but they do allow for light diffusion so that you don't see the individual SMDs which creates more of a glow effect.

- 2 longer screws to use with standoffs or light box

When you mount the sign, run the cable for the LEDs through the tubing at back left down to the cabinet. Lift the playfield fully, then you can use the alligator clips to attach to one of the 5V GI sockets on the underside of the playfield at the back left. This should give you plenty of slack in the wiring when you need to slide out and/or elevate the playfield.

You would always go cheaper by getting some 5V LED strips on ebay, do all of your own soldering, doing all of your own wiring, and soldering and/or somehow connecting into the GI, but I find for the few extra dollars the Comet Matrix products are hassle free, quick, and easy to install.

#6943 4 years ago

FYI, for those who would like to purchase a plug-n-play banner lighting kit from me, I will 3D print the Davi light box, and include all of the amber LED lighting, wiring, and alligator clips ready to install along with the two longer screws required to mount the box for $50 which includes US shipping (will ship outside the US, but will need to quote additional shipping based upon destination). You will use your existing banner plastic, but everything else required will be included.

Please PM me if interested.

#6944 4 years ago

My JP has no carton paper protector over the flipper board.
I have a custom one
20190831_190745 (resized).jpg20190831_190745 (resized).jpg20190831_221246 (resized).jpg20190831_221246 (resized).jpg

#6945 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have a custom one

Love it! Will be in Budapest Monday- Wednesday for the first time - anywhere to get in a few games near the Hilton Budapest? Went to the Krakow Pinball Museum today and left disappointed...

#6946 4 years ago

Question on JP board- these guys get real hot- is that normal?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Question on JP board- these guys get real hot- is that normal?[quoted image]

The full row of 3w27s

#6948 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Love it! Will be in Budapest Monday- Wednesday for the first time - anywhere to get in a few games near the Hilton Budapest? Went to the Krakow Pinball Museum today and left disappointed...

Visit Pinball Museum in Budapest. About 130 pinballs, many video games.
Closed on Monday and Tuesday.

140317-CER_0013s (resized).jpg140317-CER_0013s (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#6949 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have a custom one
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice.

#6950 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Question on JP board- these guys get real hot- is that normal?[quoted image]

Yes thats normal, the resistors get verry warm.
Or do you mean extreme?
They are from a ceramic material so it can withstand high temperatures.
Judging by the pictures youre fine, but if you have doubts about the heat/ functionality you can easely replace them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/139?hl=kuchiyaji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.