IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 203.
#6851 4 years ago

I showed photos of mine using flat stock aluminum and 4 inch strips from comet pinball.

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

That’s great! I wish there were more free designs. Being on the other side of the planet from most pinsiders is a real issue when shipping can be more than the item itself :/
How big was your printer?

Not big, 8x10 inch. Printed in 2 pieces.

#6853 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I printed something exactly like that. Worked great, you will like it.

The truth is that I have seen your thread about a year ago, and I knew I have to do something similar. The design is very limited, the shape of banner plastic and the side brackets will determine the look of the box.
Hopefully heat won't be an issue, the box is fully closed by the plastic.

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The truth is that I have seen your thread about a year ago, and I knew I have to do something similar. The design is very limited, the shape of banner plastic and the side brackets will determine the look of the box.
Hopefully heat won't be an issue, the box is fully closed by the plastic.

I’ve never had any issues with heat. I actually printed mine solid and then drilled holes for the screws once I had it finished. Can’t see it at all and it keeps the light from flooding the playfield.

#6855 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Try loosening the screws on the audio board, thus floating the ground. It helped me alot.

Loosened the bottom left screw a bit on the soundboard and the hum almost disappeared entirely. Thanks for the advice! Just for my education, not quite sure what floating the ground means. Is there any potential downside to doing this?

#6856 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Loosened the bottom left screw a bit on the soundboard and the hum almost disappeared entirely. Thanks for the advice! Just for my education, not quite sure what floating the ground means. Is there any potential downside to doing this?

Floating ground means that there is no grounding to the earth (kind of an oxymoron to me - since it is floating, it is literally not grounded - well maybe at some point at the electrical panel the neutral is somehow joined to the ground). Like 2 prong plugs with just 1 hot & 1 neutral instead of 3 prongs which has a ground. Circuit is complete w/o grounding. Grounding is important for power spikes et. al. where extra voltage is diverted and absorbed.

Only danger I could see is if there is some sort of short or component failure that generated a power spike, or if external voltage was applied to the wrong place (i.e. a really bad static shock or something). Grounding is most likely an extra precaution with the voltages going through these pins to promote component longevity.

Sort of a simplified explanation and I'm no electrician (and certainly not a pinball design guru) so take my input for what it is worth. I'm sure others who are more knowledgeable that I am on the subject can provide their input.

#6857 4 years ago

Hum issue is such a pain. I've never had success with floating the sound boards on any of my DE games. Recapping the power supply always made the hum worse, too. I ended up using a switching power supply to power the sound board on my JP and eliminate the hum.

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Hum issue is such a pain. I've never had success with floating the sound boards on any of my DE games. Recapping the power supply always made the hum worse, too. I ended up using a switching power supply to power the sound board on my JP and eliminate the hum.

Or you could just buy and install a PinSound then use Endprodukt's awesome orchestration.

#6859 4 years ago

Such good info. The hum is still there but very very reduced compared to the board being bolted completely down. I just want to make sure I’m clear of any potential risks otherwise I’ll Pin on and say solved. Until something catches on fire this seems like a common problem so hopefully other game owners will benefit from the discussion. I didn’t find much about it.

#6860 4 years ago

@Davi, been trying to figure out your avatar forever, but still not sure. Looks like some sort of rectangular insert, but the big round hole/object above it is throwing me off. What is it . . . something Budapestian?

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Or you could just buy and install a PinSound then use Endprodukt's awesome orchestration.

any videos of this. Would ike to hear. i actually like the DE music though which is hilarious.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

any videos of this. Would ike to hear. i actually like the DE music though which is hilarious.

This is not my recording, but gives a good overview of the orchestration. Also, I have modified mine slightly with more/different callouts. Happy to make it available to others, but Endprodukt's original version is near perfection for this game.

Also, I've tried playing with original orchestration (you can have multiple ones at the same time on PinSound and switch between them), but I just can't after playing with the new one - it completely changes the game.

#6863 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is not my recording, but gives a good overview of the orchestration. Also, I have modified mine slightly with more/different callouts. Happy to make it available to others, but Endprodukt's original version is near perfection for this game.
Also, I've tried playing with original orchestration (you can have multiple ones at the same time on PinSound and switch between them), but I just can't after playing with the new one - it completely changes the game.

thanks! Any chance you can upload a video of this in action from your machine? Hard to tell what the main theme is that plays outside of modes.

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Davi, been trying to figure out your avatar forever, but still not sure. Looks like some sort of rectangular insert, but the big round hole/object above it is throwing me off. What is it . . . something Budapestian?

I have purchased about 500 inserts 2 years ago for many playfields. I have picked up one big insert (I think this is TZ big door insert), and moved it under the light of dining table, to show the fresh look to my friends. What you can see: a rectangle insert, 2 fingers, and the lamp.

#6865 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

yeah, no.

#6866 4 years ago

Pinsound is a great board but not cheap. Most “Home made” sound packages are ok but I’ve never heard one that would make me spend the money. But JP is different. The sound package is professionally done and sounds amazing. As said earlier, it changes the game.
If the money is available, Pinsound for JP is a no brainer.

#6867 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

As said earlier, it changes the game.

Love when people say this. Without new code, no it doesnt. It changes nothing about how the game plays. All it changes is the music, and it changes it to a much slower dramatic tone. Boring. Sorry, just dont agree.

You can get better sound (than stock) with cheaper methods. There was a decent thread from the korn I think who went through a bunch of options.

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Love when people say this. Without new code, no it doesnt. It changes nothing about how the game plays. All it changes is the music, and it changes it to a much slower dramatic tone. Boring. Sorry, just dont agree.
You can get better sound (than stock) with cheaper methods. There was a decent thread from the korn I think who went through a bunch of options.

Link please!

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Pinsound is a great board but not cheap. Most “Home made” sound packages are ok but I’ve never heard one that would make me spend the money. But JP is different. The sound package is professionally done and sounds amazing. As said earlier, it changes the game.
If the money is available, Pinsound for JP is a no brainer.

I second that. Endprodukt's incredible work is also on my IJ. Game changer.

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Of course it doesn’t change the game “play”, it changes the “experience”. Pardon me
It’s not just music, it’s the entire sound package.
I worked with the board you are referring to for months and it never worked and very little support. His JP “sounds” like the pinsound but if you listen, it plays a ton of sounds at the wrong time.

#6871 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Link please!

His website seems to be gone! www.thekorn.net

Not JP, but you can use the same principles:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massively-improve-your-acdc-premiumle-sound-under-80

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have purchased about 500 inserts 2 years ago for many playfields. I have picked up one big insert (I think this is TZ big door insert), and moved it under the light of dining table, to show the fresh look to my friends. What you can see: a rectangle insert, 2 fingers, and the lamp.

Aha! Thanks for the explanation.

#6873 4 years ago

I am a true believer and absolutely sold out for PinSound (see my guide thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound), so my opinions related to the product are quite strong, but also well substantiated. I've actually personally developed and shared with the community a dozen or so custom orchestration from my first pin - The Getaway.

With that being stated IF you want to change the overall experience of game play on many classic pins (i.e. better immersion, true stereo, actual themed callouts, custom music, and coming very soon - coordinated shaker events) there is nothing better than this product. What it delivers better than any other mod, IMO, is an immersive and interactive experience far greater than the original pin ever did.

Obviously, there is a price to this that not everyone wants to spend or can afford. However, if you are going to mod a machine, PinSound should be seriously considered. There may be other DIY solutions, and if that is your thing then by all means I encourage you to pursue it. However, if you want a proven professionally developed and supported product, then PinSound is the way to go. Fortunately, this is the case in the pinball world with a variety of other products (e.g. PinStadium Lighting, ColorDMD, etc.), so everyone can spend and invest whatever time they wish to achieve similar outcomes.

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks! Any chance you can upload a video of this in action from your machine? Hard to tell what the main theme is that plays outside of modes.

Sure, but my sound recording quality kind of sucks. Give me a few, and I'll see what I can do.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I am a true believer and absolutely sold out for PinSound (see my guide thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound), so my opinions related to the product are quite strong, but also well substantiated. I've actually personally developed and shared with the community a dozen or so custom orchestration from my first pin - The Getaway.
With that being stated IF you want to change the overall experience of game play on many classic pins (i.e. better immersion, true stereo, actual themed callouts, custom music, and coming very soon - coordinated shaker events) there is nothing better than this product. What it delivers better than any other mod, IMO, is an immersive and interactive experience far greater than the original pin ever did.
Obviously, there is a price to this that not everyone wants to spend or can afford. However, if you are going to mod a machine, PinSound should be seriously considered. There may be other DIY solutions, and if that is your thing then by all means I encourage you to pursue it. However, if you want a proven professionally developed and supported product, then PinSound is the way to go. Fortunately, this is the case in the pinball world with a variety of other products (e.g. PinStadium Lighting, ColorDMD, etc.), so everyone can spend and invest whatever time they wish to achieve similar outcomes.

I agree - about Pinsound 1. Pinsound Plus (2nd version) is a big disappointment, due to lack of volume separation between cabinet and backbox speakers. I am going to swap my Pinsound Plus board to Pinsound 1.
I have no nostalgic connection to JP original "music" (never played in my childhood), so I am not biased - and after a test of Pinsound/JP mix, I have zero intention to switch back to original.

#6876 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You ask, I deliver. I even almost made it to shut-down mode. Forgot to take the glass off, but shouldn't be too big of a bother. Enjoy.

#6877 4 years ago

Wow!
Thats a gorgeous JP man!

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You ask, I deliver. I even almost made it to shut-down mode. Forgot to take the glass off, but shouldn't be too big of a bother. Enjoy.

Awesome will listen now.

Btw I'm def getting mirror blades after seeing yours
Did you buy them from pinball side mirrors?

#6880 4 years ago

So I'm torn on the pinsound. My concern is the JP theme playing over and over again. I think that's too much for me / makes it less special but it does sound good. Thanks for taking the video

#6881 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I'm torn on the pinsound. My concern is the JP theme playing over and over again. I think that's too much for me / makes it less special but it does sound good. Thanks for taking the video

That's right. However for guests, birthday parties that's a good choice. Then you can switch back for any other version.

#6882 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You will like GI control board.
And your "H" insert acts as mine in attract mode: from right to left sweep doesn't lit

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome will listen now.
Btw I'm def getting mirror blades after seeing yours
Did you buy them from pinball side mirrors?

They were bought at TPF by the previous owner, so I don't know what brand they are.

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guess what, you can customize it yourself. You can add multiple tracks to that event and they will be randomized. I actually put several of the callouts on mine that are not part of Endprodukt's original.

If you will look at that link I posted, I've done several completely different musical theme orchestrations for The Getaway.

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just watched. It doesn't work for me. The theatrical JP theme is all about wonder, nature, and beauty. It plays during low action scenes that, back in 1993, filled the viewer with awe. IMHO, this is 100% not the experience the JP pin offers (action, speed, mechanical, loud). So not a good match for me.

I am glad that it exists for people that like it.

... Altan

#6886 4 years ago

What is stock outlane setting? 1,2 or 3rd hole (top to bottom)? Mine is top hole on both....

Also flippers align with the metal guides below or the traditional hole? Mine are hole and they get up very well.... Machine is in amazing condition must say. Kudos to previous owner

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I've created a backlit box for the "When dinosaurs ruled the Earth" banner plastic.
Tomorrow I will test it, then will share the design for free.[quoted image]

Are you ready to share the STL file yet?

#6888 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you ready to share the STL file yet?

Yes - you are the beta tester

#6889 4 years ago

Never use the main theme from a movie as the main theme for your pinball game. For my version of JP I used a much more dramatic track from the second movie, the Lost World (The Hunt I think it's called). Listen to that track on YouTube and imagine it in your game....gets the blood pumping. The music from the 2nd movie is a much better fit for most of JPs modes. I only used the main theme and it's variations for high score entry and the attract sequence.

#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Never use the main theme from a movie as the main theme for your pinball game. For my version of JP I used a much more dramatic track from the second movie, the Lost World (The Hunt I think it's called). Listen to that track on YouTube and imagine it in your game....gets the blood pumping. The music from the 2nd movie is a much better fit for most of JPs modes. I only used the main theme and it's variations for high score entry and the attract sequence.

Did you do this on Pinsound? If so would love to try it out, sounds awesome.

#6891 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Great, I'll let you know how it comes out.

#6892 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You can have more than one and switch between them. I keep 7 or 8 different versions on my Getaway and switch around depending upon the mood I'm in. Traditional - I go with ZZ Top theme, a little nostalgic for the 90's - I go with Nirvana theme, want to rave - I go with my techno theme, want to rage a little - I go with my latest John Wick theme.

JP doesn't really lend itself to the variety that Getaway does, but still nice to have a few different orchestrations to mix things up a little.

#6893 4 years ago

When I hit the Trex loop from top right flipper is it expected to return right back to the right flipper for continuos loops bc mine very rarely does. It hits that wall which causes the ball to bounce as little too far left of the flipper.

It doesn't drain like someone else had an issue with and I checked the divider metal is not bent.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Have you posted it on the PinSound Community forums?

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When I hit the Trex loop from top right flipper is it expected to return right back to the right flipper for continuos loops bc mine very rarely does. It hits that wall which causes the ball to bounce as little too far left of the flipper.
It doesn't drain like someone else had an issue with and I checked the divider metal is not bent.

Yes, it should. I had similar issue which I addressed here:

- My problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/108#post-4886204
- The resolution: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/108#post-4886713

You say the diverter metal is not bent, but it is all about the path the ball takes on the final corner as it loops around. I guarantee the shape of that metal piece is not allowing the ball to make a nice smooth transition.

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, it should. I had similar issue which I addressed here:
- My problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/108#post-4886204
- The resolution: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/108#post-4886713
You say the diverter metal is not bent, but it is all about the path the ball takes on the final corner as it loops around. I guarantee the shape of that metal piece is not allowing the ball to make a nice smooth transition.

I figured it out. Thanks

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Great looking JP! The jeep blocks the view of the upper flipper a little, so that's not for me. It's fun watching the color DMD. I never noticed the Spitter Attack mode [at 3:00] had the animation of the Dilophosaurus spitting at Nedry. They got the spitter sound right in the Pinsound version. So cool!

#6898 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Great looking JP! The jeep blocks the view of the upper flipper a little, so that's not for me. It's fun watching the color DMD. I never noticed the Spitter Attack mode [at 3:00] had the animation of the Dilophosaurus spitting at Nedry. They got the spitter sound right in the Pinsound version. So cool!

Glad you like it. Regarding the jeep, from the player's perspective about a foot or more higher than I had the camera, the flipper is in full view. Otherwise, it would drive me crazy too.

#6899 4 years ago

BTW, I'm wondering how my pop bumper action is compared to others. When I first got the pin they were incredibly sluggish and I had a hard time getting form than a couple of pops at a time. I recently rebuilt them with Williams spoons, and now there are quite lively compared to what they were before.

#6900 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Printing as two pieces with the flush joint support was perfect. I use Testers Plastic Cement which works much better for me that Superglue on PLA (it also stays clear and doesn't leave a white haze).
IMG_2641.JPGIMG_2641.JPGIMG_2642.JPGIMG_2642.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/138?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.