IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 203.
#6801 4 years ago

Has the pleasure to try out the new game at Cabin Fever here in Toronto and must say I’m pleasantly surprised - especially the animations.

C65324DB-F451-4B13-AA90-41CFD59FE3B5 (resized).jpegC65324DB-F451-4B13-AA90-41CFD59FE3B5 (resized).jpeg
#6802 4 years ago

They need rename this club.....come on mods....you can do it

#6803 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

They need rename this club.....come on mods....you can do it

I PM’d the OP, but no response. Can everyone bombard him?

#6804 4 years ago

Not sure this club needs to be renamed. All the members can find it easily just looking at their 'topics in which you posted' as your Pinside start page. That's where I start when opening Pinside.

Sterns JP should be noted as JP2 in the forums since it is a big tribute to our JP:

Similar playfield art
Smart Missile
Feed T-REX hurryup
Spelling C-H-A-O-S
T-REX eating the ball
Raptor Pit shot
Escape shot
similar 3-flipper layout
East Dock
Visitors Center
Helipad
Rescue
Control Room
System Boot
MR DNA
Raptor multiball

Added over 5 years ago:

Helicopter arrives when you press start.
Yellow logo pop bumper caps.

#6805 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

All the members can find it easily just looking at their 'topics in which you posted' as your Pinside start page. That's where I start when opening Pinside.

I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that this will soon be a Stern JP discussion as new owners get their their machine, they're just going to see Jurassic Park Club, and come here to talk about how much money they just blew and the dimples, and the ghosting, and the whatever else they find annoying about their brand new machine that they just spent a lot of money on.

At least that's what I worry about.

#6806 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I PM’d the OP, but no response. Can everyone bombard him?

Just sent a message. Also included the thread link so that he doesn't have to go hunting for it.

I suggested "(1993) DE Jurassic Park Club" and "Jurassic Park Club (DE, 1993)"

#6807 4 years ago

Option 2 !

#6808 4 years ago

Funny, my suggestions were: "DE Jurassic Park Club" or "DE Jurassic Park (1993) Club"

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny, my suggestions were: "DE Jurassic Park Club" or "DE Jurassic Park (1993) Club"

Just received some JP decals/goodies from Mr_Tantrum

They are great. Super fast shipping too. Thank you!!

I highly recommend checking his stuff out for your own machine.

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Just received some JP decals/goodies from Mr_Tantrum
They are great. Super fast shipping too. Thank you!!
I highly recommend checking his stuff out for your own machine.

Thanks, Dad! Anyone interested can PM me and I'll provide the link to see my JP Stuff. I also have of ton of things for Getaway, I do keychains for any pin, have all kinds of custom apron cards, and will do ad-hoc design work.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in JP themed decals for their PinGulp. Idea would probably be the JP logo. I just started producing these for Getaway upon an owner's request. For $10 (includes US shipping), I would send two decals (1 for each side of PinGulp) that are photo quality printed and vinyl laminated. If anyone has interest, please post here in the thread and I'll take the time to design some.

In case you want a visual, here they are on Getaway: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/195#post-5150705

#6811 4 years ago

The control room on my JP doesn’t always register. So I went ahead and purchased a new switch thinking that would solve the issue. Installed it today and still having the same issue. I noticed that if the ball goes slowly into the control room, there is no issues. It seems to be only be happening on certain shots ( maybe going in too fast and not registering the ball)? anyone else have or had this issue, and any ideas how to solve it?

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

The control room on my JP doesn’t always register. So I went ahead and purchased a new switch thinking that would solve the issue. Installed it today and still having the same issue. I noticed that if the ball goes slowly into the control room, there is no issues. It seems to be only be happening on certain shots ( maybe going in too fast and not registering the ball)? anyone else have or had this issue, and any ideas how to solve it?

Did you adjust the wire roll over, I was having the same issue, the wire needed to be sent up slightly.

#6813 4 years ago

I did try that , I’ll give it another go and see if that fixes the issue, thanks

Quoted from hodgesm0:

Did you adjust the wire roll over, I was having the same issue, the wire needed to be sent up slightly.

#6814 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

I did try that , I’ll give it another go and see if that fixes the issue, thanks

On mine, I have a deadining pad at the bottom so that the ball doesnt jump over the switch in the middle. It stops the bounce.

#6815 4 years ago

Can you show me a picture or point me to where you got the deadlining pad? Thanks

Quoted from woody24:

On mine, I have a deadining pad at the bottom so that the ball doesnt jump over the switch in the middle. It stops the bounce.

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

Can you show me a picture or point me to where you got the deadlining pad? Thanks

Mine already had it installed when i got it. It's about 1/8in thick rubber pad about 1 1/2 inches square. Its like that black rubber that doesnt allow for much bounce.

Never thought about the practical use of it until others were saying the switch kept getting missed. It was determined that the ball was just jumping over that switch.

You could probably even go to Lowes and get some of that rubberized foam seal, and over time it would compress and probably act similar.

Sure you could probably even mount one of those blue rubber pads that machines use. Cant think of a game off hand right now that uses them though.

#6817 4 years ago

My JP likes to cook everything related to the raptor pit on occasion. I turned on a few of my games and started smelling something. I assumed it was a different game until I took the glass off of JP and felt the plastic above the raptor pit being hot. Then saw that r16 had blown...

Q4 is pretty new, but may need to be replaced again, and perhaps the coil and or diode on the raptor pit.

Ugh... just wanted to play some pinball with my family.
1566158892381683 (resized).jpg1566158892381683 (resized).jpg

#6818 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My JP likes to cook everything related to the raptor pit on occasion. I turned on a few of my games and started smelling something. I assumed it was a different game until I took the glass off of JP and felt the plastic above the raptor pit being hot. Then saw that r16 had blown...
Q4 is pretty new, but may need to be replaced again, and perhaps the coil and or diode on the raptor pit.
Ugh... just wanted to play some pinball with my family.
[quoted image]

I'd hate to have that feeling again. I spent a month trying to diagnose my problem with my VUK when I got my JP. In the end I followed the path of the VUK in the schematics and replaced every single component on both that PPB board and the CPU board. I felt super satisfied when I powered it up and didn't blow a fuse. But I was pulling out my hair. Learned a lot about schematics though.

#6819 4 years ago

An incredible night @ the Hollybowl where the LA Phil performed the entire score live to a sold out crowd. Wow.

IMG_2553 (resized).jpegIMG_2553 (resized).jpeg
#6820 4 years ago

Looking for measurement help. What is the X-Y size of airball protector at the green standup target?

19_G.sized (resized).jpg19_G.sized (resized).jpg
#6821 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Looking for measurement help. What is the X-Y size of airball protector at the green standup target?[quoted image]

I'm on vacation.......wish I could help. Sorry

#6822 4 years ago

Speaker hum question- I had a dead power board and got a rottendog. Works perfect now except has the dreaded loud speaker hum. Original speakers. Will upgrading speakers fix this? Ideas? It’s so loud on attract mode.

#6823 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Speaker hum question- I had a dead power board and got a rottendog. Works perfect now except has the dreaded loud speaker hum. Original speakers. Will upgrading speakers fix this? Ideas? It’s so loud on attract mode.

Your power supply can be repaired. I will send it to have it rebuilt. Rotten dog boards have had issues supplying the correct voltages.

#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Your power supply can be repaired. I will send it to have it rebuilt. Rotten dog boards have had issues supplying the correct voltages.

Thanks. I was going to have repaired eventually as I’m not able to do it but was wondering if there’s anything that could help now so I’m not just eating the 100$. Seems like I Should have done my homework first on this one.

#6825 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Looking for measurement help. What is the X-Y size of airball protector at the green standup target?[quoted image]

x = 13mm
y = 35mm

#6826 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

x = 13mm
y = 35mm

Thank you!

#6827 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Thanks. I was going to have repaired eventually as I’m not able to do it but was wondering if there’s anything that could help now so I’m not just eating the 100$. Seems like I Should have done my homework first on this one.

Try loosening the screws on the audio board, thus floating the ground. It helped me alot.

#6828 4 years ago

Look at this! Gonna be epic!
Barbasol can mod!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-amp-jp2-light-mod

#6829 4 years ago

I've actually thought of this, but I don't really think an FDM 3D printer will generate an acceptable model (not capable of many of the minute details pictured in the rendering), and for me the size would need to be much smaller to fit the game. I think the rendering is gorgeous (flashinstinct obviously has some design skills), but the end product will only be representative of that image. Still curious to see what he can come up with as this is a logical addition to both the classic and new JP's. Also, Mezel does a lot of great mods, but their version is just wrong (the movie one opens from the bottom - not the top). However, it is more representative of what a FDM 3D printer is capable of producing.

#6830 4 years ago

Life finds a way!

Today got my retro refurb side art in!
15663166613596758187908189335656 (resized).jpg15663166613596758187908189335656 (resized).jpg1566316635664618749869140883758 (resized).jpg1566316635664618749869140883758 (resized).jpg1566316607157557754028464521007 (resized).jpg1566316607157557754028464521007 (resized).jpg1566316463626835316856270086269 (resized).jpg1566316463626835316856270086269 (resized).jpg15663163995745678497601872478713 (resized).jpg15663163995745678497601872478713 (resized).jpg15663163649945718470474930751886 (resized).jpg15663163649945718470474930751886 (resized).jpg

#6831 4 years ago

And placed an explorer behind my functioning gate

20190820_180405 (resized).jpg20190820_180405 (resized).jpg20190820_180414 (resized).jpg20190820_180414 (resized).jpg
#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've actually thought of this, but I don't really think an FDM 3D printer will generate an acceptable model (not capable of many of the minute details pictured in the rendering), and for me the size would need to be much smaller to fit the game. I think the rendering is gorgeous (flashinstinct obviously has some design skills), but the end product will only be representative of that image. Still curious to see what he can come up with as this is a logical addition to both the classic and new JP's. Also, Mezel does a lot of great mods, but their version is just wrong (the movie one opens from the bottom - not the top). However, it is more representative of what a FDM 3D printer is capable of producing.

Plan is SLS process.

#6833 4 years ago

The side art is officialy for stern JP
They are a little shorter then i thougt, i placed them a little more to the front as i wanted the vulcano to line up with the fuk on the right.
Real nice firm quality and popping collors

#6834 4 years ago

woody24 - is this the blue rubber pad you are referring to? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5082-00

Quoted from woody24:

Mine already had it installed when i got it. It's about 1/8in thick rubber pad about 1 1/2 inches square. Its like that black rubber that doesnt allow for much bounce.
Never thought about the practical use of it until others were saying the switch kept getting missed. It was determined that the ball was just jumping over that switch.
You could probably even go to Lowes and get some of that rubberized foam seal, and over time it would compress and probably act similar.
Sure you could probably even mount one of those blue rubber pads that machines use. Cant think of a game off hand right now that uses them though.

#6835 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

This is where I send my stuff to be repaired. Not only do they do pinball repair they can repair arcade games.

http://www.eldoradogames.com/

#6836 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Life finds a way!
Today got my retro refurb side art in!

Looking good, and that pin to the left is "imamaculate"!

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Plan is SLS process.

Guess I saw the printer in his posts and assumed that would be the source of final production. SLS would definitely be an improvement.

#6838 4 years ago

Thanks to your apron decals!

#6839 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

and that pin to the left is "imamaculate"!

No this one has got 4 legs

#6840 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

woody24 - is this the blue rubber pad you are referring to? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5082-00

yup. Thats the stuff. I don't think I have the blue pad in mine, but I would assume it's about the same. I don't think those allow for much bounce. I could be wrong. But I'm 99% sure the problem is that it's just jumping over that switch, which is why slow shots work, and fast ones don't register.

Also, if you're going to place an order, try this one too. This looks closer to what is in my machine. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/0500-9852

#6841 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And placed an explorer behind my functioning gate[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome. Where'd you get the explorer? I have the same mod.

#6842 4 years ago

Well, didnt win the auction for the JP pro. Guess I still have to fix this hog and play it some more....blurg

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

yup. Thats the stuff. I don't think I have the blue pad in mine, but I would assume it's about the same. I don't think those allow for much bounce. I could be wrong. But I'm 99% sure the problem is that it's just jumping over that switch, which is why slow shots work, and fast ones don't register.
Also, if you're going to place an order, try this one too. This looks closer to what is in my machine. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/0500-9852

I wonder if you used a piece of foam mouse pad if it would work. That's what the pic from Marcos looks like

#6844 4 years ago

I've created a backlit box for the "When dinosaurs ruled the Earth" banner plastic.
Tomorrow I will test it, then will share the design for free.

20190820_211342 (resized).jpg20190820_211342 (resized).jpg
#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And placed an explorer behind my functioning gate[quoted image][quoted image]

Does your TREX have diff teeth? If so, where/how? haha

I personally don't mind the TREX in this game as is but new teeth wouldn't be bad!

As for side blades - I was thinking of getting the same ones. Not 100% sure. Looking at this one too:

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/raven-pinball-sideblades/

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Looks awesome. Where'd you get the explorer? I have the same mod.

Fleabay
I believe it was a
Takara tomy jurassic park explorer

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does your TREX have diff teeth? If so, where/how? haha
I personally don't mind the TREX in this game as is but new teeth wouldn't be bad!/

I made them myself
I used a white firm plastic food container, i think i got it st the chinese restaurant with noodles i cut out the teeth with some extra length to clamp between the mouth and the inside were the ball is grabbed.
The first time i made the teeth to big and that interfered with the ball so i made them a little smaller.
Just clamped them in, no glue or anything.
There in there for more than a year, never had any problems.

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I've created a backlit box for the "When dinosaurs ruled the Earth" banner plastic.
Tomorrow I will test it, then will share the design for free.[quoted image]

Great mod for those who have not backlit yet. I like the housing idea.

#6849 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

That’s great! I wish there were more free designs. Being on the other side of the planet from most pinsiders is a real issue when shipping can be more than the item itself :/

How big was your printer?

#6850 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I printed something exactly like that. Worked great, you will like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 10,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/137?hl=hodgesm0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.