New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80267)

Jurassic Park (DATA EAST) club

By louknees

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,386 posts
  • 473 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by sgorsuch
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

JP LED.jpg
20201128_162912 (resized).jpg
20201128_162900 (resized).jpg
20201128_162854 (resized).jpg
20201128_141649 (resized).jpg
20201128_141653 (resized).jpg
E3D87799-FA5A-41DC-A512-AB1F1EA587F7 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3594 (resized).JPG
DSCN3378 (resized).JPG
PXL_20201109_213929008 (resized).jpg
pwr bd conn (resized).jpg
PPB Hack (resized).jpg
20201101_221205 (resized).jpg
20201101_221144 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201030_210257121~2 (resized).jpg
104582BE-1DB5-44C2-AD76-E77C9AF7F707 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

58 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8386 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 168.
#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What are you supposed to do if you want to play some 9-ball?

I agree (love 9 ball) and my wife wants JP up and running. We have 8 people coming to stay with us this weekend for a family reunion. So the pressure is on.

#6702 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release/page/5#post-5109654
First picture is here by he who shall not be mentioned

49c09ee9c4727f3485b585e378876543299e7bf7 (resized).jpg
#6703 1 year ago

Photos are out. Maybe we need to rename this thread the "DE Jurassic Park Club?"

#6704 1 year ago

My parts from Marco's and Comet pinball have arrived Now it's time to get this JP back on his feet. My wife posted on bookface and asked if someone could help with the wiring for the pop bumper lights and someone shared some great photos. I was 80% sure where the wires went but just wanted to make sure I was on the right path.

Loop scoop combo mod......one of them is Terrible......the gap between the bulbs and the clear plastic is huge!!!!

20190724_115459 (resized).jpg20190724_120819 (resized).jpg
#6705 1 year ago

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my JP that I'm having a rough time solving. So the Trex head won't go down. But if I move the Trex post underneath the playfield just enough that it is off the switch, the motor kicks on. Trex head drops and comes back up until the post engages the top switch again. Then it acts like it doesn't know what to do.

I replaced the top switch with a new one and that didn't fix the issue. I'm just wondering if I need to make an adjustment or if there is a bigger problem at hand.

I've attached a photo of the switch I am talking about

20190724_175538 (resized).jpg
#6706 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Loop scoop combo mod......one of them is Terrible......the gap between the bulbs and the clear plastic is huge!!!!

Do you have the bunker (pyramid) on the left, and computer on the right?

Mine fit fine.

#6707 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Do you have the bunker (pyramid) on the left, and computer on the right?
Mine fit fine.

I also reshaped mine.

#6708 1 year ago

You guys all see that data east Jurassic Park remake they're selling now? I'm pretty sure I already have that machine.

#6709 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My parts from Marco's and Comet pinball have arrived Now it's time to get this JP back on his feet. My wife posted on bookface and asked if someone could help with the wiring for the pop bumper lights and someone shared some great photos. I was 80% sure where the wires went but just wanted to make sure I was on the right path.
Loop scoop combo mod......one of them is Terrible......the gap between the bulbs and the clear plastic is huge!!!![quoted image][quoted image]

In Jeff Goldblum voice: Well uhhh, you could bend them maybe?

We all did. Its not a perfectly made mod. Just bend the wires.

#6710 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

Photos are out. Maybe we need to rename this thread the "DE Jurassic Park Club?"

Maybe PM whoever started this thing (assuming he’s still around)?

#6711 1 year ago

If photos of the new Stern JP are representative of final product, the new t-rex looks nearly as bad as the one on DE JP. Way to go Stern!

Unleash the mod-makers.

#6712 1 year ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

If photos of the new Stern JP are representative of final product, the new t-rex looks nearly as bad as the one on DE JP. Way to go Stern!
Unleash the mod-makers.

HA. First thing I thought was "Well, they didn't commission Winteriscoming."

I think it's better than the original, but the colors seem off.

Anyone considering getting the new one from Stern? Will you keep both or sell your DE JP?

If I wasn't sentimentally attached to the DE JP, I'd consider it. But this was my 'holy grail' machine, so I can't just trade it in, and can't afford the price or the space for a second one right now. But hopefully this will be a popular machine, so they'll be quite a bit of them floating around for sale in a few years.

#6713 1 year ago

Unleash the mod-makers.

Looks more like the dino on flintstones

I like the layout
I like the ramps
But find the art a little to comic like
At first i was planning to sell a kidney, but after the first impressions i m not overwellmed

#6714 1 year ago

Not that I'm in the financial position to buy a new machine, but I don't really see much in the Stern playfield that would make me want to own it over the DE version.

Is there even a gate in it? If not, I'll have to have someone give me the measurements so I can modify mine to fit it

#6715 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

In Jeff Goldblum voice: Well uhhh, you could bend them maybe?
We all did. Its not a perfectly made mod. Just bend the wires.

If you look at the distance between the bulbs and scoop mod it's has a very large gap between them. Bending it will not close up the gap. I will need to cut the wire and reform a hole for the mounting stud.

#6716 1 year ago

I was going to sell my DEJP but I don't think I can do it... I guess Dialed in gets the axe.

I'm too attached, and something seems cool about lining all 3 JP pins up together.

#6717 1 year ago

Unleash the mod-makers.

My first thought was, "Is that a T-Rex?". The elongated neck and pose was throwing me off. I don't plan on purchasing it for a few reasons (mainly money, higher priority pins I want, and I already have a DE JP), but I am excited to see what Stern does with the theme.

#6718 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

If you look at the distance between the bulbs and scoop mod it's has a very large gap between them. Bending it will not close up the gap. I will need to cut the wire and reform a hole for the mounting stud.

Wrong. Not the prettiest, but it can be done. At least he gave us TOO much wire instead of not enough.
image (resized).jpg

#6719 1 year ago

Wrong. Not the prettiest, but it can be done. At least he gave us TOO much wire instead of not enough.
[quoted image]

Uhh... I had no problem mounting mine without modifying or a large gap. Think you're using the wrong mounting point.

#6720 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I was going to sell my DEJP but I don't think I can do it... I guess Dialed in gets the axe.
I'm too attached, and something seems cool about lining all 3 JP pins up together.

I have the other two as well but I dunno about the new one. I know its early and we haven't seen much but visually it feels like a pin for a low budget Saturday morning cartoon. It doesn't capture the movie at all. The original Data East playfield is pretty terrible art wise but the pin really captures the movie. The sound the dots, the black cabinet just like the poster, it is great integration of the film and theme.

#6721 1 year ago
Quoted from woody24:

Uhh... I had no problem mounting mine without modifying or a large gap. Think you're using the wrong mounting point.

Theres no where else to mount it there. Not sure where you mean.

AD7F8403-CA83-412A-B8A7-8C03C35F0F0F (resized).jpeg
#6722 1 year ago

Theres no where else to mount it there. Not sure where you mean.[quoted image]

Will get a photo on mine tonight, but know it's not mounted there.

EDIT. Can't believe out of the 4 years I've had my machine, I don't have any photos on my phone of that area. And maybe I do have it mounted there and just got the correct length of wire? I know I didn't have to make any major modifications. Just a tiny bend to get it in the correct orientation. But I remember one of those two being longer and thinking "oh, there's where it mounts."

#6723 1 year ago

So I guess I lied. Mine's in the same spot, but I don't remember modifying. IF I did, I would have pulled off the block and cut it shorter and then glued it back.

2019-07-25 19.24.14 (resized).jpg
#6724 1 year ago

Well the Thursday midnight deadline getting JP finished was a fail. I continued to find issues with it after powering it up. With family here for the weekend I will not have time diagnosis the issues.
Left sling is not firing the coil.
One pop bumper does not function.

I will post photos of my subway repairs soon

#6725 1 year ago

So are you guys going to rename this thread with the new game coming? Maybe “Jurassic Park (1993) Club”

#6726 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So are you guys going to rename this thread with the new game coming? Maybe “Jurassic Park (1993) Club”

It's already been suggested "DE Jurassic Park Club", but the one who has to change it is the OP. I've PM'd him and am awaiting a response.

#6727 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Well the Thursday midnight deadline getting JP finished was a fail. I continued to find issues with it after powering it up. With family here for the weekend I will not have time diagnosis the issues.
Left sling is not firing the coil.
One pop bumper does not function.
I will post photos of my subway repairs soon

Isn't today Thursday? You can do it!

Don't know about left sling, but surely pop not working has to do with wiring?

#6728 1 year ago

Actually it's Friday

But maybe some of your family has small hands to get into those tight spaces to to help diagnose the repair I know i get my wife to help me out

#6729 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Actually it's Friday
But maybe some of your family has small hands to get into those tight spaces to to help diagnose the repair I know i get my wife to help me out

Oh geez, where has the week gone?

#6730 1 year ago

Am I the only one legitimately shocked at Sterns new JP announced today?

Like I get that I’m perpetrating some sort of toxic fandom for the older machine - and hey I have my beefs with the OG Machine as well - but like no characters except Nedry? No JP music? What’s with that Jeep?!

I REALLY wanted to love this one and put it side by side with my DE but how can I?

I truly don’t believe that stern is unaware of the fan backlash, and like ok fine maybe the license is crazy expensive at this point - but like couldn’t you do a kickstarter to help raise money for like some kinda Uber-JP machine if you’re worried about recouping costs? I imagine a ton of people subscribed to this forum would’ve been like ‘holy shit - Jeff goldblum doing call outs / shut up and take my money’.

Maybe this is absolutely stupid on my part - and I would gladly still like to try the game - but I’m shocked that in this day and age something like this, with the fandom and passion this franchise spawns, would be so.... poorly executed.

On the Instagram post they say that this one is ‘for the kids’ - but guys, this is a movie that is from the early 90s, yeah kids love dinosaurs but this is clearly a nostalgia grab mixing the first 3 films and skipping JW (which today’s kids would know for sure) entirely - just look at the digital pinball machines that JP and JW inspired - even something a quarter close to the things on those tables (converted to physical limitations of course) would’ve flown off the shelves.

Am I wrong? Is anyone thinking of buying this thing?

I apologize for loosing my mind like this as nothing really illicit’s this kind of response from me (as it’s just a game and not a lifesaving) but I saw it this morning and like immediately wanted to grab a woman named Karen and go speak to the manager.

#6731 1 year ago

I'm buying it. From what I understand it is not based on the movie but takes place after the movie.

#6732 1 year ago

I am new to the club. My first PIN is arriving next week and this will be my 2nd one for sure.

Who knows maybe they will do a upgrade down the line wit some other voices.

Mods get ready to ROAR!!!

Have a great day ALL.

#6733 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I'm buying it. From what I understand it is not based on the movie but takes place after the movie.

If it’s after the movie, why is nedry on the machine then?

Legitimately though, once you get it, please do a review of the machine - I’m very curious.

#6734 1 year ago

Kinda want this new game guys....really sucks as I cant afford it for at least a couple years.

No way i would get rid of my movie JP though. I think theyd look nice next to each other really...

Premium only way to go. Whats jp without a dino eating the ball?

#6735 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

If it’s after the movie, why is nedry on the machine then?
Legitimately though, once you get it, please do a review of the machine - I’m very curious.

I guess because he was the cause of all the chaos.

#6736 1 year ago

I am thinking about selling mine, soon. Titans,cliffys,color dmd, great shape. Anyone think the new Stern JP will affect the price or selling ?

#6737 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I am thinking about selling mine, soon. Titans,cliffys,color dmd, great shape. Anyone think the new Stern JP will affect the price or selling ?

Not sure. DESW didnt lose any value when the new SW came out.

#6738 1 year ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Anyone think the new Stern JP will affect the price or selling ?

It with either help, hurt, or not matter at all.

#6739 1 year ago

Good information, thanks.

#6740 1 year ago

I don't believe this is accurate. Good news however is that JP is a much better game than DESW.

#6741 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't believe this is accurate. Good news however is that JP is a much better game than DESW.

I believe this is 99% accurate.

DESW was 4k-ish prior to Stern SW.

DESW is still selling for 4k-ish.

What are you seeing?

#6742 1 year ago

I believe this is 99% accurate.
DESW was 4k-ish prior to Stern SW.
DESW is still selling for 4k-ish.
What are you seeing?

DESW $4500ish before Stern SW. DESW $3500ish after Stern SW.

#6743 1 year ago

Should increase in value...

People will get the JP bug and learn that original JP is awesome for a heck of a lot less.

... Altan

Some may disagree, but it's all speculation at this point.
As of today, Pinside says "Estimated value $2680 - $3120"

#6744 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

That price is quite low IMHO. Hard to find a fully working, good condition DE JP for that.

Quoted from JohnJN:

Am I wrong? Is anyone thinking of buying this thing?

Can't answer until I have played it.

#6745 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Should increase in value...
People will get the JP bug and learn that original JP is awesome for a heck of a lot less.
... Altan
Some may disagree, but it's all speculation at this point.

Was thinking the same thing. That the people who've been DE haters would finally try the DE JP and actually like it, and then become fans of DE games.

Drives me nuts when I advocate for something to my friends for years about something and they always balk at me, and then something happens and they try it and then they act like they've just discovered a hidden gem. And I'm like yeah, I've known that for years.

#6746 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That price is quite low IMHO. Hard to find a fully working, good condition DE JP for that.

Can't answer until I have played it.

One is listed in Ohio for $2,600 here in the market. I see most people asking upper 3's and they don't even have a 3D printed gate or new T-Rex! They say it has MODS, but they're talking a papo raptor and some LED's. Neat. I could be a seller if that trend continues. On the bright side for us, maybe this will lead to an additional stream of useful mods that work on this JP as well.

#6747 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I see most people asking upper 3's and they don't even have a 3D printed gate or new T-Rex!

My buddies and I agree that the pinside price estimate is quite low.

But we all know it's regional and only works if there is a willing seller and a willing buyer.

#6748 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

One is listed in Ohio for $2,600 here in the market. I see most people asking upper 3's and they don't even have a 3D printed gate or new T-Rex! They say it has MODS, but they're talking a papo raptor and some LED's. Neat. I could be a seller if that trend continues. On the bright side for us, maybe this will lead to an additional stream of useful mods that work on this JP as well.

I wouldnt take any less than 3800 with trex and color dmd, etc.

#6749 1 year ago

Hi All,

Looking to buy a translite and wanting some options. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
There are 8386 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside