65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 203.
#6651 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I think we are on the right track. I tried twice to recreate the issue and it failed both times. During those times, I just let every ball drain. No issues with System Failure. The third time, I played it like normal. The problem shows up after all six balls are in play and the trough is empty. The game does not release a ball into the VUK but continues to fire.

This video exactly describes my issue, thank you for taking this video and uploading this

#6652 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You got some intel for us?

A rumour about new Stern pin: JP.

#6653 4 years ago

Curious, why are you guys cutting the tabs off of the eject hole inserts? When I replaced mine, I left the tabs and have never had an issue with the T-Rex eating the ball or the ball rolling out of the hole.

#6654 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Curious, why are you guys cutting the tabs off of the eject hole inserts? When I replaced mine, I left the tabs and have never had an issue with the T-Rex eating the ball or the ball rolling out of the hole.

Same here, works every time.

#6655 4 years ago

I had this problem once when the slope was not good after moving my pins around, are you sure your apron is good maybe try to masure slope on the playfield directly?

#6656 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I had this problem once when the slope was not good after moving my pins around, are you sure your apron is good maybe try to masure slope on the playfield directly?

That’s a really good point, I’ll check that tonight

#6657 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

A rumour about new Stern pin: JP.

JP and not JW?

They can go start their own Stern club, then! No way Stern puts out a better JP than what we've got in the DE version.

#6658 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

JP and not JW?
They can go start their own Stern club, then! No way Stern puts out a better JP than what we've got in the DE version.

I have the same opinion about a potential Stern release, however I have some $$ set aside and space for 1 more pin if I'm wrong

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

This video exactly describes my issue, thank you for taking this video and uploading this

I found another way to easily trigger this issue with the trough "mostly" full. Go into Diagnostics and use the Flipper Button Ball/Trough Clear function. Grab the ball before the auto launch (I suggest using a magnet tool). My machine fires the auto launch (with no ball) and then the VUK kicks four or five times.

If anyone with a working copy of the game wants to try this for me, I'd be interested to see what your results are.

#6660 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Well, best explanation is because the original ones had the tabs cut off (or at lease what I assume was original - same was the case for the one in the Boat Dock).

I first tried it with tabs intact, but had issues and was getting hung all of the time. I followed Lonzo's instruction about cutting them off and then sanding/polishing them flush, but still had issues. Now things are much improved, but ball still getting hung on occasion. I just played a game and ended up tilting. Frustrated, I found and ordered a 25mm spherical grinding bit, so I plan on emulating the hole contour of the original to hopefully fix things 100%.

Ultimately, the main issue is probably the shape of and wear in the area which is why different people get different results. Just to be clear, I have no issue with T-Rex or with ball coming out of hole. It has to do when the ball enters the area and certain angles it rims out and then rests below the hole.

#6661 4 years ago

JP and not JW?

We’ll see, it’s going to be interesting for sure.

#6662 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

SO on that part where the VUK started firing. Did the TBL ever activate to let a ball through or did the VUK just start firing?

I tested this again tonight and here is what I found. After chaos mode begins and all six balls are cleared from the trough, there seems to be an issue when three balls are in play and the other three drain. The vuk will fire once the three balls are in the trough but the TBL will never activate again until the other three balls drain and the game moves onto the next ball. I hope that makes sense. I can upload a video if that is helpful.

Thanks

#6663 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

I tested this again tonight and here is what I found. After chaos mode begins and all six balls are cleared from the trough, there seems to be an issue when three balls are in play and the other three drain. The vuk will fire once the three balls are in the trough but the TBL will never activate again until the other three balls drain and the game moves onto the next ball. I hope that makes sense. I can upload a video if that is helpful.
Thanks

I wonder if anyone with original code can test this mode to see if it behaves the same.

#6664 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I wonder if anyone with original code can test this mode to see if it behaves the same.

At my pinball league right now and someone just actually mentioned that, it might be a bug in the code.. Would anyone be able to test that ?

#6665 4 years ago

JP and not JW?

A stern JP with bubble head T-rex bash toy, two large hit targets with "Jurassic" and "Park". Two ramp. 3 pop bumpers without JP logo top on it.

Another raptor bash toy under the ramp (same as Munsters)

#6666 4 years ago
Quoted from jugood20:

At my pinball league right now and someone just actually mentioned that, it might be a bug in the code.. Would anyone be able to test that ?

I can pop my original roms back in tomorrow if I remember where I put them and where they go. Unless anyone else wants to give it a go...

#6667 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I can pop my original roms back in tomorrow if I remember where I put them and where they go. Unless anyone else wants to give it a go...

That's a no go for me. I can't find the old roms. I probably ditched them.

#6668 4 years ago

When I bought by JP, the previous owner included the old roms, if interested I can mail them to whoever needs them (assuming it is the correct version).

#6669 4 years ago

For those having issues with the 6 ball multiball searching and attempting to feed a ball after all have already been fed onto the playfield replace your diode on the end of the trough switch. I believe the issue happens when 5 balls are rapidly fed not every one gets registered by the switch because of diode or switch issues. So the game thinks only 4 of 5 have fed and attempts to keep feeding a 5th ball that already left unregistered. Hope this helps

#6670 4 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

For those having issues with the 6 ball multiball searching and attempting to feed a ball after all have already been fed onto the playfield replace your diode on the end of the trough switch. I believe the issue happens when 5 balls are rapidly fed not every one gets registered by the switch because of diode or switch issues. So the game thinks only 4 of 5 have fed and attempts to keep feeding a 5th ball that already left unregistered. Hope this helps

Most of us have no diodes because we have the new trough board. At least myself and one other guy with the issue have this board.

#6671 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Most of us have no diodes because we have the new trough board. At least myself and one other guy with the issue have this board.

I was assuming he was talking about the mini switch for the VUK. I checked it and looks like it will be a PITA to switch it out. I think I'll wait this one out.

#6672 4 years ago

PM me if you have a scoop mod set you want to sell, thanks.

IMG_9208 (resized).PNGIMG_9208 (resized).PNG
#6673 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

PM me if you have a scoop mod set you want to sell, thanks.[quoted image]

Something wrong with buying straight from the guy that makes them?

https://loopcombo.com/products/jurassic-park-scoop-light-set

They are a great addition, and I can't see many people removing them once they are on. Heck I got them sent to me from New Zealand, faster than Marco can send me a shipment

#6674 4 years ago

Quoted from newovad:

I was assuming he was talking about the mini switch for the VUK. I checked it and looks like it will be a PITA to switch it out. I think I'll wait this one out.

Correct, the switch on the right just above the solenoid to kick the ball up into the lane, shows as trough #7

#6675 4 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Correct, the switch on the right just above the solenoid to kick the ball up into the lane, shows as trough #7

Alright, ill check it out. Honestly if my game would just realize there is no ball in the vuk, and would try and release a ball again, I dont think I would have a problem. My switches all check out though, and I replaced the one on the vuk. Ill check out the diode though.

#6676 4 years ago

Yeah, no way anything Stern can put out today will make me think that it will be better than our JP's. I'll play it no matter what, but if it's a JW only theme, it won't feel like a true JP machine anyways. First movie was just okay. Second movie was garbage.

On a secondary rant of movies in general, I hate when the sequels think they need to be different. We loved the first one for a reason, we just want to see more of the same. I think 21 & 22 Jump Street nailed this. They even mention it in the sequel.

#6677 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Yeah, no way anything Stern can put out today will make me think that it will be better than our JP's. I'll play it no matter what, but if it's a JW only theme, it won't feel like a true JP machine anyways. First movie was just okay. Second movie was garbage.
On a secondary rant of movies in general, I hate when the sequels think they need to be different. We loved the first one for a reason, we just want to see more of the same. I think 21 & 22 Jump Street nailed this. They even mention it in the sequel.

Is jp stern confirmed? Sucks...no way we get a cool mech. Was hoping jjp at least.

#6678 4 years ago

Is jp stern confirmed? Sucks...no way we get a cool mech. Was hoping jjp at least.

Seen it here and a friend was talking about it. I think so far my friends been fairly right about the rumors he hears. Which is probably here on Pinside. But he said it's going to be designed buy the guy who did Medieval Madness.

#6679 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

he said it's going to be designed buy the guy who did Medieval Madness

Yes, Brian Eddy, the designer of MM and AFM was hired by Stern. (George Gomez announced that at TPF.)

We are due for a game from him or Keith Elwin next.

Stern has announced they will reveal something this weekend at ComiCon. Everything else is rumor.

#6680 4 years ago

Stern JP:
-2 very simple cheap ramps
-T-rex on a spring, they call it "toy"
-Photoshop playfield
-Everything at the back, nothing really to shot at lower playfield

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Stern JP:
-Photoshop playfield

Brian eddy tho....

I own a shadow so im an eddy believer. Let hope they dont neuter him.

#6682 4 years ago

Finally fixed my eject shield for good. I ended up using the 25mm sphere grinding bit to grind down the lip so that there was no flatness to it at all - only a slight slant inward towards the hole. Sanded it (unfortunately, only had 400 grit), buffed out with Novus, and then waxed. I can't even get the ball to sit on the lip when I try to purposely place it there by hand now.

Can't really see the scratches from player's view (too small and far away), but I'll fix that when I get some higher grit sandpaper. My teenager is having 4 others come over this weekend, and I really didn't want them banging the heck out of the pin if/when the ball got stuck.

IMG_2478.JPGIMG_2478.JPG
#6683 4 years ago

Glad you got it fixed.

#6684 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

tern JP:
-Photoshop playfield

In case you didn't see the new thread. Sterns big ComiCon is announcement is they are making a home version of Star Wars.

#6685 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

In case you didn't see the new thread. Sterns big ComiCon is announcement is they are making a home version of Star Wars.

However, Stern likes to do controlled releases from their home base. Remember when they streamed Black Knight right after TPF?

#6686 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Finally fixed my eject shield for good. I ended up using the 25mm sphere grinding bit to grind down the lip so that there was no flatness to it at all - only a slight slant inward towards the hole. Sanded it (unfortunately, only had 400 grit), buffed out with Novus, and then waxed. I can't even get the ball to sit on the lip when I try to purposely place it there by hand now
Can't really see the scratches from player's view (too small and far away), but I'll fix that when I get some higher grit sandpaper. My teenager is having 4 others come over this weekend, and I really didn't want them banging the heck out of the pin if/when the ball got stuck.[quoted image]

Cliffys now makes a protector for that scoop. Sure is nice, great fit.

#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Cliffys now makes a protector for that scoop. Sure is nice, great fit.

I don't see it on his site. Link please?

#6688 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I don't see it on his site. Link please?

When I dont on his site I send cliffy an email about it. He is good at responding to emails

#6689 4 years ago

JP and not JW?

Wanna bet?

#6690 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Seen it here and a friend was talking about it. I think so far my friends been fairly right about the rumors he hears. Which is probably here on Pinside. But he said it's going to be designed buy the guy who did Medieval Madness.

Thank god no!!!

#6691 4 years ago

It's been over 2 years and now I've decided to get JP up and running. I'm missing my pop bumpers wiring....can someone please share a few photos?

20190721_174654 (resized).jpg20190721_174654 (resized).jpg
#6692 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

It's been over 2 years and now I've decided to get JP up and running. I'm missing my pop bumpers wiring....can someone please share a few photos?[quoted image]

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album409/27_G?full=1

#6693 4 years ago

Thanks for the link. Some photos are huge help. What I cannot see is the six black wires for the pop bumper lights. I have reviewed the images posted on a shop out job but can see where the wires are located.

Screenshot_20190721-221220_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190721-221220_Gallery (resized).jpg
#6695 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

It's been over 2 years and now I've decided to get JP up and running. I'm missing my pop bumpers wiring....can someone please share a few photos?

Best I have at the moment

IMG_3387.JPGIMG_3387.JPG
#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Best I have at the moment[quoted image]

Thank you.......it helps.

#6697 4 years ago

Hey everyone, I pulled some parts off my JP and listed them for sale, if anyone needs any of the following, hit me up:

X-Pin Power Supply
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82460

ColorDMD
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82461

Full PinSound Ultimate Kit (Speakers, pinsound, headphone station)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82463

#6698 4 years ago
20190722_210801 (resized).jpg20190722_210801 (resized).jpg20190722_210801 (resized).jpg20190722_210801 (resized).jpg20190722_210842 (resized).jpg20190722_210842 (resized).jpg20190722_210827 (resized).jpg20190722_210827 (resized).jpg
#6699 4 years ago

Note to myself......never again will I trust uploading photos to a cloud service. I uploaded detailed photos of all the tear down photos 2 years ago of this JP. I waited and hoped there would be a new subway ramp available......well does not look like there is going to be a replacement made. So I have spent hours looking a every photo I can find online to get the pop bumper lights wired up. My final list of parts shipped from Marco yesterday......Hope to have it back up and running by Thursday night. I have an idea on repairing the subway ramp. I will share my thoughts and photos.

#6700 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What are you supposed to do if you want to play some 9-ball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.