65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 203.
#6551 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Those metal cards are really dope. Something about them not having corners really bugs me though. Are they that thick that you cant bend them?

They’re actually made of wood and are too thick to bend. On most games they’d be held on by magnets, but since JP has a plastic apron, I’ll have to figure it out shortly

#6552 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

What does he charge for them?

They were selling them for $50 at the time

#6553 4 years ago

Yall see that 5500 jp in madison? Dude is smoking something...

Do the math on the mods, It's simply game value + mods. As I stated in the ad, happy to sell without the mods if someone wants a nice clean JP. I don't think most people bothered to actually read the description. I'll consider any reasonable offer on the game, nearly all of the mods can be pulled off and sold or reused on another game, so i'm not going to lose my ass on those for no reason when i can reuse them. The only one specific to JP/Data East is the GI Maestro, everything else I can use on a Williams.

#6554 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Do the math on the mods, It's simply game value + mods. As I stated in the ad, happy to sell without the mods if someone wants a nice clean JP. I don't think most people bothered to actually read the description. I'll consider any reasonable offer on the game, nearly all of the mods can be pulled off and sold or reused on another game, so i'm not going to lose my ass on those for no reason when i can reuse them. The only one specific to JP/Data East is the GI Maestro, everything else I can use on a Williams.

I just thought it was funny that a guy in madison thought my game was over priced with $1000 worth of mods at 4k ish. You have around the same amount of money tied into your game. Just different mods. GLWTS

#6555 4 years ago

I just thought it was funny that a guy in madison thought my game was over priced with $1000 worth of mods at 4k. You have around the same amount of money tied into your game. Just different mods. GLWTS

Yeah, there are always people who want to get it for below market price, i get that. I've been watching the for sale ads for months before i bought mine and since i bought it as I knew it wouldn't stay for long, but wanted to have one to play for awhile. Mine is super clean with very little wear, so it's better than most out there. I spent a lot of time hunting down super clean machines.

I will most likely pull the mods off as sell the game separate, but I'm not in a big hurry, so figured I'd just post it up as is and if the right buyer came along, great. If someone really wanted a clean JP, they will probably message me. But the way it's listed should keep most of the low-ballers out of my hair and only get serious buyers.

#6556 4 years ago

Have any of y'all guys upgraded to different, better playfield support brackets? If so type and pics please. I don't care for the factory DE brackets.

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

Have any of y'all guys upgraded to different, better playfield support brackets? If so type and pics please. I don't care for the factory DE brackets.

I bought the easy slides but haven't put them on yet.

#6558 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

I ordered the "upgraded" ones from Marco and they were basically the same with more screw holes. Stainless.. nothing special. So now I have two sets of stupid supports. I almost, almost got up the nerve to try and retrofit the WMS/Bally lift & click supports because these are so crappy. Half the time I wrack the playfield trying to put it up or down. Interested too.

On another note, the ramp arrived from PBL. Exactly as pictured, no ball bracket at the end so that has to be moved over. Flap looks to be stainless steel and everything is riveted on. It's odd the one support is there for the metal ramp but not the end ball protection/mount. It feels as thick as the original (which is pretty thick) and I see no issues with it.

If anyone is interested in a used/repaired ramp I can send pics. 100% functional, comes with everything but the end ball bracket (lol) and a brand new flap on it. Minor repair with lexan and plastic weld, somewhat noticeable but ignorable. I'd let it go fairly cheap compared to the new $200 ramp and I have a box sitting here now to ship it in.

0701191410 (resized).jpg0701191410 (resized).jpg

#6559 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I bought the easy slides but haven't put them on yet.

Details please?

#6560 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/98#post-4778753

#6561 4 years ago

I think he means the slides not the supports, but I put those supports on mine and totally worth it in every way. Edit: just re-read and you're probably correct.

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Details please?

https://back-alley-creations.myshopify.com/products/ez-slide-slider-bracket

#6562 4 years ago

Nice. Do you know the part numbers? That looks a lot better.

Someone asked back then if anyone replaced with the WMS ones and no one replied. Now I'm tempted.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

I think he means the slides not the supports, but I put those supports on mine and totally worth it in every way.

https://back-alley-creations.myshopify.com/products/ez-slide-slider-bracket

Those look nice, I guess? I mean, I don't see the issue with the metal ones. They seem to slide just fine. It's the prop up brackets that are shit. Unless I'm missing something.

#6563 4 years ago

Those look nice, I guess? I mean, I don't see the issue with the metal ones. They seem to slide just fine. It's the prop up brackets that are shit. Unless I'm missing something.

They don't have the "bump" to have to go over when you slide the playfield back in.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html

I think either of these will fit.
I put the newer spike style on and they are a complete game changer.

#6565 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

They don't have the "bump" to have to go over when you slide the playfield back in.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-playfield-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-sam-machines.html
I think either of these will fit.
I put the newer spike style on and they are a complete game changer.

Awesome, thanks!

#6566 4 years ago
20190401_203416 (resized).jpg20190401_203416 (resized).jpg
#6567 4 years ago

You do have to do a little drilling but they weren't that hard to install.
Again, NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE.
100% recommend it.

#6568 4 years ago

Yes, I was asking about the playfield brackets. I believe the slides are fine, but I want better support brackets and pics to show position for mounting / drilling. Thanks!

#6569 4 years ago

Drill pilot holes for the rear screws so the wood doesn't split.

20190401_203447 (resized).jpg20190401_203447 (resized).jpg20190401_203459 (resized).jpg20190401_203459 (resized).jpg20190401_203437 (resized).jpg20190401_203437 (resized).jpg20190401_203542 (resized).jpg20190401_203542 (resized).jpg20190401_204640 (resized).jpg20190401_204640 (resized).jpg
#6570 4 years ago

Awesome. Of course I JUST placed an order with Marco last night. I swear USPS and pinball suppliers are in cahoots. Definitely doing this upgrade. I do really wish the sides were better. My WMS games lift up so nicely, even compared to my JJP games (which those playfield support bars are NICE. I can pull my playfields ALL the way out of the game, resting the front on a stool).

#6571 4 years ago

This will probably be the last post about my Youtube channel as I don't want to risk upsetting people. In my latest video there is a segment where I talk about all my JP mods if anyone is interested.

#6572 4 years ago

Made a video tour of my Jurassic Park while fiddling around with the best way to record a game. Here for reference in case anyone wants to see a mediocre player in action or see what too many mods in a machine looks like.

#6573 4 years ago

Hi everyone, my dinosaur started not to swallow the ball anymore, what can it be?

Thanks

#6574 4 years ago

This is the link to the video I made of the diagnostics. I understand very little, do you think there is something wrong? Thank you

#6575 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

This is the link to the video I made of the diagnostics. I understand very little, do you think there is something wrong? Thank you

Search this thread, t-rex chomping has been covered many times I believe. There are usually just a few basic reasons why he can't chomp. Is the game set at the right angle? Is the t-rex centering properly (adjust center switch) or is he not lowering all the way down? Is there something impeding him (wires coming from the back, rubber piece in the front), etc.

#6576 4 years ago

Can someone help me do a continuity check on my t-rex relay board? I don't know what pins I should expect what result from. We could do a live video chat if that would be ok, and just go through the pins. I confirmed continuity from the header pins to the actual relay pins but through the various combinations (starting at one lug of the relay and testing to every other one, then moving to the next one) I don't know what I should be expecting.

After replacing the relay and the rex left/right motor it still only goes left. In test mode both flippers send it left, in startup it can only go left, etc.

#6577 4 years ago

Here's a video of my t-rex situation if anyone has some input. Just replaced Q24 (see this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-t-rex-side-to-side-motor-issues) but I guess it might actually be Q27. Aside from the transistors and the relay I don't know where to look next. He also doesn't chomp or go up and down in the test. I have no idea what happened, this was all working before I pulled him. Wires all look good, but voltage readings are odd to me... shown in the video. Maybe someone can confirm their voltage.

#6578 4 years ago

Here's a video of my t-rex situation if anyone has some input. Just replaced Q24 (see this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-t-rex-side-to-side-motor-issues) but I guess it might actually be Q27. Aside from the transistors and the relay I don't know where to look next. He also doesn't chomp or go up and down in the test. I have no idea what happened, this was all working before I pulled him. Wires all look good, but voltage readings are odd to me... shown in the video. Maybe someone can confirm their voltage.

This may seem odd, but check the fuses on the shaker motor board in the bottom left of the cabinet.

#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

This may seem odd, but check the fuses on the shaker motor board in the bottom left of the cabinet.

And the fuse holders, the Data east fuse holders are sometimes crappy

#6580 4 years ago

If the fuse thing doesn't work, it's been a while since I had to mess with mine, but my write up of what I figured out (without a multi-meter) is in post #5234 with pictures...

#6581 4 years ago

anyone have a spare TRex arm that attaches to the vertical motor? (part 535-6657-00)? im working on one that has a badly fashioned from home depot one that's doing more harm than good. Also, I read a few posts about a spring on that arm. Does anyone have a few good pics to post since the spring isn't in the manual (or even better a part number to order it?)?

#6582 4 years ago

Recieved my gun launcher mod today, looks realy nice in the game sooo mutch better then my cracked plastic one!!

#6583 4 years ago

PM me if you are selling a set of loop combo signs, thanks

IMG_9160 (resized).PNGIMG_9160 (resized).PNG
#6584 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If the fuse thing doesn't work, it's been a while since I had to mess with mine, but my write up of what I figured out (without a multi-meter) is in post #5234 with pictures...

Thanks, as far as I can tell the fuses on the shaker board are find (all have continuity) and the holders seem fine (although not exactly sure how to test those, but there is continuity from each end of each fuse holder to another component on the board.

It seems like somehow I introduced two problems, although I don't know how as this was all working before I put it back together. The rex doesn't move up and down (although all switches seem fine in the test) and does not snap his jaws. I put some voltages in my video, maybe someone could compare to their game to see if I am seeing proper values?

#6585 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

PM me if you are selling a set of loop combo signs, thanks[quoted image]

PM sent

#6586 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

Hi everyone, my dinosaur started not to swallow the ball anymore, what can it be?

Thanks

I identified the problem, the wires in the sheath that reach the coil on the back of the T-Rex, the wires are damaged and the sheath cut, I removed it and I attached the wires directly to the coil, without passing them around the dinosaur. .. Now everything works, eats perfectly ... This winter I will change the sheath and the wires to make them pass around the dinosaur again

#6587 4 years ago

Ok. I guess I lied. I will let you know about one more video I just uploaded. It tell you how to modify your Jurassic Park or any Data East or system 11 game to turn the backbox off during gameplay and get rid of the backbox reflections in the playfield glass.

#6588 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Ok. I guess I lied. I will let you know about one more video I just uploaded. It tell you how to modify your Jurassic Park or any Data East or system 11 game to turn the backbox off during gameplay and get rid of the backbox reflections in the playfield glass.

Oooooh.. interesting!

#6589 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

I identified the problem, the wires in the sheath that reach the coil on the back of the T-Rex, the wires are damaged and the sheath cut, I removed it and I attached the wires directly to the coil, without passing them around the dinosaur. .. Now everything works, eats perfectly ... This winter I will change the sheath and the wires to make them pass around the dinosaur again

You have to do a loop-de-loop with the wiring harness to the T-Rex mouth coil.

#6590 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You have to do a loop-de-loop with the wiring harness to the T-Rex mouth coil.

What is the loop-de-loop?

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from jamex:

What is the loop-de-loop?

The T-Rex assembly bends at a 90°... That is what causes the wiring harness to fatigue and fail...
By replacing the wiring harness and adding a 360° loop to the harness at the bend point...
it distresses the wiring harness.

#6592 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Awesome. I was hoping to see a video on this. Thanks

#6593 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The T-Rex assembly bends at a 90°... That is what causes the wiring harness to fatigue and fail...
By replacing the wiring harness and adding a 360° loop to the harness at the bend point...
it distresses the wiring harness.

Thanks

#6594 4 years ago

Thanks mr.Tantrum for my apron decals!!

20190709_180941 (resized).jpg20190709_180941 (resized).jpg20190709_180956 (resized).jpg20190709_180956 (resized).jpg
#6596 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Thanks mr.Tantrum for my apron decals!!

Looks great, and you're welcome.

#6597 4 years ago

I went with the Mr_Tantrum apron decals to match my inner art.
I used green leds to light the T-Rex on the decal.
Thanks Mr.T!

IMG_9190.JPGIMG_9190.JPGIMG_9192.JPGIMG_9192.JPGIMG_9193.JPGIMG_9193.JPG
#6599 4 years ago

I still dont know if my game needs mirror or art blades.

Stickers loop dope. I gotta get in on a set at some point. I did come up with the idea after all!

#6600 4 years ago

I still dont know if my game needs mirror or art blades.
Stickers loop dope. I gotta get in on a set at some point. I did come up with the idea after all!

I have mirrors in mine and really like them. I have art in my Getaway, and like those too.

There you go, a definitive opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/132?hl=hazzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.