IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 203.
#6401 4 years ago

So here is what I've come up with for alternate apron art. These are designed to be used with flush LED's (HH's idea of bending the sockets and installing flex bulbs is best). The first pic is not great as I just used a flashlight shining in from under the side to show how the light shines through, so light was not direct which caused shadows. The other pic is with a red flex which I think looks best, although the camera doesn’t do the deep red justice.

Anyway, these would be printed on photo printer with ultra gloss paper, coated with gloss laminate, and have an adhesive backing. I would sell them for $20 a set including postage to US (outside of US shipping would need to be calculated on a per-order basis). If you would like me to include 4 x non-ghosting 1 SMD super bright flex bulbs, then the price including US shipping is $32 (in addition to including bulbs, I will have to ship in a box vs. standard envelope which is why price is higher.

PM me with any questions or if you are interested in purchasing.
IMG_2305.JPGIMG_2305.JPG
9D84F4C5-D04E-49F7-8939-E6A1F91EC382.jpeg9D84F4C5-D04E-49F7-8939-E6A1F91EC382.jpeg
IMG_2306.JPGIMG_2306.JPGIMG_2307.JPGIMG_2307.JPG

#6402 4 years ago

Dang that was quick! Looks great! I wish I had a nice color printer, I have to send that stuff out to get printed.

You interested in an alternate design if I send it to you? Welcome to print it for anyone who wants it and I'll happily pay for a set. I am wanting to keep mine looking more like stock.

Btw.. I'm keeping this image so I can copy your game! Actually, I can't since some of that stuff isn't available anymore, but I was wondering where to put the palm trees and keep it looking clean. Your game looks really nice.

#6403 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Dang that was quick! Looks great! I wish I had a nice color printer, I have to send that stuff out to get printed.
You interested in an alternate design if I send it to you? Welcome to print it for anyone who wants it and I'll happily pay for a set. I am wanting to keep mine looking more like stock.
Btw.. I'm keeping this image so I can copy your game! Actually, I can't since some of that stuff isn't available anymore, but I was wondering where to put the palm trees and keep it looking clean. Your game looks really nice.

Thanks for the compliments. I would happily work with an alternate design. Start a PM with me and we can work things out.

#6404 4 years ago

Here's a bit of a remake of the original. I'm going to work on one other and see what I like. If anyone is interested I can do the other side.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6405 4 years ago

Here's a bit of a remake of the original. I'm going to work on one other and see what I like. If anyone is interested I can do the other side.[quoted image]

I like it - looks great! I think you need to do the other side.

#6406 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I like it - looks great! I think you need to do the other side.

I was sort of thinking including newer imagery, logos on the other version. Do you think that fits? I am worried, unlike JJPOTC, this game really only covers one movie, no?

#6407 4 years ago

I think that most would want the imagery to come exclusively from the original movie.

However, you could still do something nice with photorealistic art.

I was thinking about trying a caution tape version to match my paint scheme and other coin door decal I made.

#6408 4 years ago

You definitely need a caution tape version!

I think I'll mess with my other photo version and get both to you, with both sides.

#6409 4 years ago

Here is a bit of a concept for the other version. I didn't spend a ton of time but I sort of played with the t-rex breaking through the logo. Not sure it will work visually, but a concept.

Apron-Sticker2 (resized).jpgApron-Sticker2 (resized).jpg
#6410 4 years ago

That's funny, but cool.

I would get rid of the t-rex head silhouette in the yellow disk.

#6411 4 years ago

Here is my caution tape version.

JP Apron Art - Caution Tape.jpgJP Apron Art - Caution Tape.jpg
#6412 4 years ago

Ok, that didn't work out so here is the 2nd version.

#6413 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is my caution tape version.[quoted image]

If you start selling these, I'd like a set please. It will match my wood instruction signs nicely

#6414 4 years ago

Pinball added

#6415 4 years ago

Caution tape gets my vote so far

#6416 4 years ago

Pinball added [quoted image]

I'm liking it. Even better would be a bloody goat in mouth of T-Rex (maybe with goat leg flying around).

#6417 4 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

If you start selling these, I'd like a set please. It will match my wood instruction signs nicely

I need to test print and make any necessary changes, then they will definitely be for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/129#post-5049319

BTW: What do your wood instruction signs look like (I'm not familiar)?

#6418 4 years ago

Okay, I'm loving the caution tape apron art (although I do have a tendency to overdo things).
IMG_2319.JPGIMG_2319.JPGIMG_2320.JPGIMG_2320.JPGIMG_2321.JPGIMG_2321.JPGIMG_2322.JPGIMG_2322.JPG

#6419 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm liking it. Even better would be a bloody goat in mouth of T-Rex (maybe with goat leg flying around).

That's the animated version. As you light TREX the rex picks up the goat and chews it up.

Ok, who's making the LCD replacement?

#6420 4 years ago

Question. Will stern lollipop rails fit jp?

#6421 4 years ago

Ahh yeah, this is getting exciting! Stupid package is arriving tomorrow with my last pieces. In the meantime, I'm adding my own touches to Geteos gate:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wFhHTzPb1WAngHXv7

#6423 4 years ago

Okay JP Owners, with the ideas and help of @harryhoudini, we have four different apron art designs available for purchase. These decals are designed to be used with flush LED's with no real modifications required (you just bend the 4 sockets outward then install flex bulbs). For installation examples, please reference #6401 & #6418 in above.

The decals are printed ultra gloss photo paper, coated with gloss laminate, and have an adhesive backing.
- Set of 2 decals (left and right) | $20 including postage to US
- Set of 2 decals (left and right) + 4 x red non-ghosting 1 SMD super bright flex bulbs | $30 including postage to US
- Add a second set of decals to your order | +$15
(I will ship outside of US, but will need to quote per order)

Shipping is higher with the LED's since I must ship in a box instead of mailing in a standard envelope. However, you can always order your own flex bulbs direct from Comet Pinball.

PM me with any questions or if you are interested in purchasing, and please note which version(s) you are interested it.

Caution Tape
JP Apron Art - Caution Tape.jpgJP Apron Art - Caution Tape.jpg

Sunset
JP Apron Art - Sunset.jpgJP Apron Art - Sunset.jpg

T-Rex
JP Apron Art - T-Rex.jpgJP Apron Art - T-Rex.jpg

Original
JP Apron Art - Original.jpgJP Apron Art - Original.jpg

#6424 4 years ago

Can you shoot more pics of it lit up?

#6425 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can you shoot more pics of it lit up?

Yes, but I need to order some bulbs, so it will be a few days before I can take pics with everything lit. Also, for whatever reason, the camera doesn't do the red color and spread of the light justice, but I'll do my best.

If just having the top bulb (the "T") lit is good enough for your purposes, I can take pics of that. Just let me know which version(s) of the decals you are interested in seeing.

#6426 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, but I need to order some bulbs, so it will be a few days before I can take pics with everything lit. Also, for whatever reason, the camera doesn't do the red color and spread of the light justice, but I'll do my best.
If just having the top bulb (the "T") lit is good enough for your purposes, I can take pics of that. Just let me know which version(s) of the decals you are interested in seeing.

Id like to see them all lit if possible. No rush. Caution Tape version

#6427 4 years ago

Id like to see them all lit if possible. No rush. Caution Tape version

I just ordered LEDs and should have them before the end of the week. I'll post pics when I get them.

#6428 4 years ago

Awesome, that came together quick!

#6429 4 years ago

Done and done!

So whats up with the fence guy? The box looks good, but I cant just have the box all by its lonesome....

#6430 4 years ago

Done and done!
So whats up with the fence guy? The box looks good, but I cant just have the box all by its lonesome....

I need to print and wire them up. Was taking a couple days off, but I have an order from Germany for a fence so I’ll make a batch and put them in my store this week.

I’m out of sockets for the T. rex box, but I do have a couple 3 smd 12v strips in warm white that I could use instead of the standard socket. Or of course you can always use your original socket if you remove it from the metal box.

#6431 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is my caution tape version.[quoted image]

Mr_Tantrum PM sent

#6432 4 years ago

Has anyone tried Herg's GIzmo GI LED smoothing board in a Jurassic Park?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoothing-for-stern-wip

It was designed for Stern games but Herg says in one of the posts that he thinks it would work with DE games as well without modification. I read the EnerGI Maestro reviews above and it also sounds great, the GIzmo has less customization options but is also significantly cheaper, so I'm tempted to give it a try but thought I would check if anyone else has had success with it.

#6433 4 years ago

And another question ... Does anyone have a part number for the topper reflection bar? Couldn't find it in the manual or with a quick search at Marco.

Quoted from GRB1959:

The topper itself does not light up, however, there are flashers on top of the cabinet with a stainless steel reflection bar that directs the flasher lights towards the topper so that during gameplay the flashers do indeed flash onto the topper.

JP_Deflector (resized).jpgJP_Deflector (resized).jpg
#6435 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And another question ... Does anyone have a part number for the topper reflection bar? Couldn't find it in the manual or with a quick search at Marco.
[quoted image]

I don't think you'd be able to find that anywhere... maybe I'm off, but those kinds of pieces are rarely in stock anywhere. Seems like it could easily be made out of a sheet of almost any metal from a home improvement store. Drill some holes, bend it over the side of the workbench, a few cuts, etc.

#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is this similar to the GI Maestro which is known to work and fully tested on DE games?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/116#post-4953748

They are designed for the same basic purpose, but GIzmo is a simpler product with more limited customization of fade times, etc., and is less than half the price of EnerGI Maestro (plus GIzmo is currently in stock). It sounds like the EnerGI Maestro works perfectly, but I'd be happy with less functionality at a cheaper price, and always like to do business with Herg based on the quality and support he provides for his LED OCD boards. Just thought I'd ask if anyone has tried a GIzmo with JP before I take the plunge.

#6437 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

You may have to custom make one. If it comes to that let me know and I can provide measurements.

#6438 4 years ago

So close I can taste it. I'm gonna let that ramp sit a while.. I used some plastic "adhesive" made by "weld-on" that is supposed to melt the plastic and bond it permanently. Then I am going to back it up with some fillable/instant cure super glue (its a two part system with a dry granular powder that you put in place and then just drop some super glue on it). It is either that or epoxy.. not 100% sure. Maybe even just some hot glue.. those hemostats are so awesome, thanks Marco. Wish I had another pair.

I don't think that part of the ramp gets hit hard, I think the diverter does most of the work. Hopefully it's a solid fix. I tried to see if someone would make the ramp but the guy who is making ramps in small batches doesn't have an oven big enough to do it. I assume there isn't a huge demand so paying a vacuum form shop to do it is probably crazy expensive based on my investigation in to cyclone ramps back in the day.

0618191650 (resized).jpg0618191650 (resized).jpg0618191703 (resized).jpg0618191703 (resized).jpg

#6439 4 years ago

Crap, does anyone have this decal? Or want to make one? I bought all of the decals like 5 years ago and thought I had them but this is the only one I am missing. I have a spare one for the t-rex box side which looks like it might work decent there, so if nothing else i'll use that (and bay area has those in stock). I can't even find that decal pictured at any seller.

#6440 4 years ago

So close I can taste it. I'm gonna let that ramp sit a while.. I used some plastic "adhesive" made by "weld-on" that is supposed to melt the plastic and bond it permanently. Then I am going to back it up with some fillable/instant cure super glue (its a two part system with a dry granular powder that you put in place and then just drop some super glue on it). It is either that or epoxy.. not 100% sure. Maybe even just some hot glue.. those hemostats are so awesome, thanks Marco. Wish I had another pair.
I don't think that part of the ramp gets hit hard, I think the diverter does most of the work. Hopefully it's a solid fix. I tried to see if someone would make the ramp but the guy who is making ramps in small batches doesn't have an oven big enough to do it. I assume there isn't a huge demand so paying a vacuum form shop to do it is probably crazy expensive based on my investigation in to cyclone ramps back in the day.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you used weld-on 3,4 or 16 (thicker) that should hold well. You can also back it up with a UV cured adhesive, I tried one from Home Depot that actually worked quite well for a ramp for another guy.

Speaking of JP ramps I will be looking at building a mold and pulling parts for sale. Won't get a chance to work on the mold until Mid July and hopefully parts by fall. I was looking for a damaged ramp to use as a basis for a mold, but since I can't find one I am going to use my good one a the basis of the mold. Fingers crossed I won't break mine I have a vacuum former at work that will fit the JP ramp and subway nicely.

That said if anyone has a damaged/cracked/broken ramp they are willing to let go for the sake of building new ramps send me a PM

#6441 4 years ago

Crap, does anyone have this decal? Or want to make one? I bought all of the decals like 5 years ago and thought I had them but this is the only one I am missing. I have a spare one for the t-rex box side which looks like it might work decent there, so if nothing else i'll use that (and bay area has those in stock). I can't even find that decal pictured at any seller.[quoted image]

Hi Harry
PM me your email adres i have a copy on my computer i can mail you

#6442 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

If you used weld-on 3,4 or 16 (thicker) that should hold well. You can also back it up with a UV cured adhesive, I tried one from Home Depot that actually worked quite well for a ramp for another guy.
Speaking of JP ramps I will be looking at building a mold and pulling parts for sale. Won't get a chance to work on the mold until Mid July and hopefully parts by fall. I was looking for a damaged ramp to use as a basis for a mold, but since I can't find one I am going to use my good one a the basis of the mold. Fingers crossed I won't break mine I have a vacuum former at work that will fit the JP ramp and subway nicely.
That said if anyone has a damaged/cracked/broken ramp they are willing to let go for the sake of building new ramps send me a PM

I used 3... I wish I got 16 but 3 works. I backed it up with another piece of lexan and then filled the gaps with the filler glue. I have some UV cure stuff but I haven't had the best luck with strength.

Would really be nice to have a replacement!

#6443 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hi Harry
PM me your email adres i have a copy on my computer i can mail you

Thanks!

#6444 4 years ago

Crap, does anyone have this decal? Or want to make one? I bought all of the decals like 5 years ago and thought I had them but this is the only one I am missing. I have a spare one for the t-rex box side which looks like it might work decent there, so if nothing else i'll use that (and bay area has those in stock). I can't even find that decal pictured at any seller.[quoted image]

These were posted on Pinside a while back by a fellow Pinsider (not sure who).

Gord

Jurassic_Park_Decals (resized).JPGJurassic_Park_Decals (resized).JPG

#6445 4 years ago

Selling my spare ramp, nice condition. $200 plus shipping

#6446 4 years ago

Just acquired a JP last week! Very excited for this title. Having a tough time getting my right flipper working however. Hoping one of you fellow owners might be able to help out? Thread is here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-flipper-issue-3

#6447 4 years ago

So I acquired my Jurassic Park a couple of weeks back. I've been able to fix most of everything that was broken on it but I'm stuck with my lighting.

Most of my lighting works but a couple of spots don't. I've replaced bulbs but that hasn't done anything for me. Some lights are out in the center modes (Extra ball, and Stampede). Also a couple of my Trex padlock lights on the apron won't light up.

Could it just be a fuse? My only other thoughts would be reflow solder on the circuit board or start tracing wires.

#6448 4 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

So I acquired my Jurassic Park a couple of weeks back. I've been able to fix most of everything that was broken on it but I'm stuck with my lighting.
Most of my lighting works but a couple of spots don't. I've replaced bulbs but that hasn't done anything for me. Some lights are out in the center modes (Extra ball, and Stampede). Also a couple of my Trex padlock lights on the apron won't light up.
Could it just be a fuse? My only other thoughts would be reflow solder on the circuit board or start tracing wires.

If other lights in the same column and/or row on the lighting matrix work then it is not a fuse. Most likely either a loose wire, a bad socket, or a rusty socket. I would recommend the following:

DO ALL OF THIS WITH THE PIN TURNED OFF!

1) Make sure no wires have come loose from the sockets not lighting on the underside of the playfield. If not, proceed, if so then solder them back on
2) On the topside, remove the bulb and take a small piece of steel wool, insert it into the socket, and rotate back and forth several times to clean the socket lead
3) Make sure you are using a bulb that works in another socket, and try it in the socket not working. If does not work, remove, rotate it 180", and re-insert (some LEDs only work when inserted in correct orientation)

#6449 4 years ago

Seeing how there is recent conversation about the decal on the front of the T-Rex pit, I noticed that mine had quite a bit of wear on it. Seems like this decal takes a lot of abuse, so I figured others may need/want to replace theirs. I'm making the decal available for $5 which includes US postage (will quote outside US postage on a per order basis). Decal is printed with 6 color photo printer on OEM ultra gloss photo paper, coated with clear gloss vinyl, and full adhesive backing.

Please PM me if interested, and I'll provide payment information.

Decal
front decal.jpgfront decal.jpg

Coloring
IMG_2335.JPGIMG_2335.JPG

Installed
IMG_2337.JPGIMG_2337.JPG

#6450 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

chalkey gave me this advice a few months back.
"If you moosh together the eos contacts (or bridge them with a test lead) does it flip? There is a service bulletin about this issue. I had it happen after doing a flipper rebuild kit."
Also, lonzo suggests the following: "During the time that it is dead, are you getting the red light on the flipper board? Also check your connections to the flipper board. When it is dead, try moving the connectors around. May need a new connector or the solder may need re-flowed on the pins."
So, check those EOS switch contacts and check your fuses/fuse clips on the flipper board.

So i'm having this same issue after a complete flipper rebuild on both flippers, but only have issues with the left flipper going dead. It's random. I've resoldered everything to make sure it's not a bad solder joint as well.

Any other tips or things to check? I will look into the flipper board connectors as well.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

There are 10,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.