IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg
IMG_1976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 203.
#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

ColorDMD can’t effect what is out put to the DMD it can only colour it. The worst that can happen is a frame is not identified and it will just show in the default colour. It could not cause a scene to not show. It is possible in sprite mode that it could get lost or stuck in the wrong palette but again the images would still output they would just be very oddly coloured.

Wasn't sure what the issue was. I did also notice during the Raptor mode ("The Raptors are out!" The one where you shoot the raptor pit with the raptor going back and forth for points value) that that screen was frozen during that mode. No movement, and the timer was stuck on 22 seconds left.

But was looking forward to seeing what the Wizard mode screen looked like in color. Guess I'll have to try it again.

#6302 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Do you have a black/yellow going to the long lamp PCB that you can see in my last photo?

Yes, I do.

79CEE326-3A51-426A-B580-5D50D086D896.jpeg79CEE326-3A51-426A-B580-5D50D086D896.jpeg
#6303 4 years ago

Almost there! Missing a few parts, gotta get that Marco order in today.

0609192117 (resized).jpg0609192117 (resized).jpg
#6304 4 years ago

Almost there! Missing a few parts, gotta get that Marco order in today.[quoted image]

Don't forget to take the protective masking off BOTH sides of those new plastics you have there.

Lookin good!!

#6305 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Put the final touch on the electric fence. The 10,000 volt sign makes it complete.[quoted image]

OK I am onboard with both the sign and fence as a set let me know when you have some ready for sale, this looks great!!

#6306 4 years ago

Just took a closer look at the loose wire, the surrounding area, and the manual, and I'm still at a loss. Any additional help from anyone regarding how to wire the flasher given my situation is greatly appreciated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/126#post-5038081

#6307 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just took a closer look at the loose wire, the surrounding area, and the manual, and I'm still at a loss. Any additional help from anyone regarding how to wire the flasher given my situation is greatly appreciated.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/126#post-5038081

20190610_213935 (resized).jpg20190610_213935 (resized).jpg20190610_213944 (resized).jpg20190610_213944 (resized).jpg20190610_213954 (resized).jpg20190610_213954 (resized).jpg20190610_214007 (resized).jpg20190610_214007 (resized).jpg20190610_214136 (resized).jpg20190610_214136 (resized).jpg
#6308 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Don't forget to take the protective masking off BOTH sides of those new plastics you have there.
Lookin good!!

HEH... yeah, it's all just tossed on there for fitment and photo. You can see some of them are removed where I installed flasher domes, etc.

#6309 4 years ago

Still for sale, lower price. Save on shipping and pick up at Pinburgh.

ddd

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Custom JP Topper $275 shipped obo or $250 pick up. Came with my recent purchase but won't fit in my basement so I am selling as a stand alone. Please see the video on YouTube fo...”
2019-06-20
Pittsburgh, PA
275 (OBO)
Archived after: 120 days
Viewed: 332 times

#6310 4 years ago

For the two of you who have posted photos (thank you), you both have a long double orange going to that flasher, while I have a 6" single black/yellow. Now I am questioning myself wondering if that flasher has ever worked since I've owned the pin (I just upgraded flasher bulbs is why I noticed). So, if I have to resort to plan B and rewire, can someone tell/show me where the two oranges connect on their other end so that I can?

#6311 4 years ago

The orange wire goes from the top right flasher to the horizontal flasher just next to it

0610191622 (resized).jpg0610191622 (resized).jpg

Then from there it goes to this sort of mounting junction thing

0610191623 (resized).jpg0610191623 (resized).jpg

My playfield is on some stands right now so it's hard to flip over. I can trace it in a few days once I get it back in the game.

#6312 4 years ago

I’m still confused. After looking at mine, I have the double orange in those 3 locations, just not on the non-working flasher.

002F4EAA-996C-4121-9BFE-2EDAC5BA5C6F.jpeg002F4EAA-996C-4121-9BFE-2EDAC5BA5C6F.jpeg
#6313 4 years ago

I'll see if I can get a better picture laying on my back, lol. I'm interested enough now that I want to see what is up!

#6314 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m still confused. After looking at mine, I have the double orange in those 3 locations, just not on the non-working flasher.[quoted image]

Note: all relay A/C circuitry, Brights/Flashers are all orange wires for voltage...
If you cannot find the "rogue" orange wire then I would attach the "jumper wire, black-yellow wire"
to one of the orange wires of the nearby Brights/Flasher lamp sockets.
Better yet, change the black-yellow wire to orange and attach...;( less confusing ).

#6315 4 years ago

Anyone replaced the rubber and plastic on the front of the t-rex? I am trying to find a suitable match and I don't really want to randomly go buying stuff on amazon.

0610191944 (resized).jpg0610191944 (resized).jpg
#6316 4 years ago

Anyone replaced the rubber and plastic on the front of the t-rex? I am trying to find a suitable match and I don't really want to randomly go buying stuff on amazon.[quoted image]

Wow.. didn’t even know mine was missing.

#6317 4 years ago

I am trying to find a suitable match

You could take it to the craft store to find something, but just thinking about what is around the house. That looks similar to bike inner tube if you have something like that around to try.

#6318 4 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

You could take it to the craft store to find something, but just thinking about what is around the house. That looks similar to bike inner tube if you have something like that around to try.

Oh good option. I have some gray rubber from a shower floor pan, but wanted to keep it black. I'll see if I have a tube laying around... I worry it won't sit flat once cut. I suppose a craft store is the next option, thanks.

#6319 4 years ago

Damnit, just broke the ramp right near the diverter. I was trying to rivet back in the plate which connects the wire ramp. I am guessing this is unobtainium, looks like I'm doing some plastic welding. Damnit, damnit, damnit.

#6320 4 years ago

Damnit, just broke the ramp right near the diverter. I was trying to rivet back in the plate which connects the wire ramp. I am guessing this is unobtainium, looks like I'm doing some plastic welding. Damnit, damnit, damnit.

Bummer... I feel your pain. I've had a similar experience working on a different pin

#6321 4 years ago

Anyone replaced the rubber and plastic on the front of the t-rex? I am trying to find a suitable match and I don't really want to randomly go buying stuff on amazon.[quoted image]

I printed a black piece to replace the plastic so it is all black and blends much better. You could trim any piece of thin black plastic to replace the original.

#6322 4 years ago

I just installed Cliffy's and came really close to breaking mine doing something stupid. I swear I had a mini heart attack.

#6323 4 years ago

Hope...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/57#post-4771199

#6324 4 years ago

I think someone suggested rubber from an innertube. Could either buy a cheap new tube at Walmart or bike store for a couple of bucks.

#6325 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Note: all relay A/C circuitry, Brights/Flashers are all orange wires for voltage...
If you cannot find the "rogue" orange wire then I would attach the "jumper wire, black-yellow wire"
Better yet, change the black-yellow wire to orange and attach...;( less confusing ).

I'll give this a try and report back. If I fry my pin, I'm going to put 100% of the blame on you!

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Well, I soldered onto lead of flasher just below where orange wires were connected, and I'm back in business. After looking at things closely and seeing where my wire would reach, this had to be where it was originally. Thank you to everyone for your help with this. I know it is just one flasher, but my OCD just wouldn't let it go.

#6327 4 years ago

UPDATE: 1 BALL REMAINING (2 ARE SOLD)

I have 3 extra Pinball Life Powerballs/Navi-Balls/Rolling Stones (https://www.pinballlife.com/powerballnavi-ballrolling-stone.html) that came with the box of goodies when I bought my Jurassic Park. These are used as a replacement for the silver ball in the dinosaur egg chute. I've had them sitting in a storage box for the last couple of months, but figure that I will never use them. Normal price with shipping from Pinball Life is around $30. I will offer them for $24 each including US shipping (will ship outside US but will need to add shipping).

Please PM if interested, and the first 3 to commit get the balls.

FYI, for $2 more I will include one of my custom egg target decals for the white square target in the egg chute (pictured below)
IMG_2273.JPGIMG_2273.JPGIMG_2274.JPGIMG_2274.JPG

#6328 4 years ago

Put that ball in the tumbler for a bit to make it really look like a dino egg...

#6330 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think someone suggested rubber from an innertube. Could either buy a cheap new tube at Walmart or bike store for a couple of bucks.

Yeah, I'll start there and use some polycarb for the plastic unless I can find something else.

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Put that ball in the tumbler for a bit to make it really look like a dino egg...

They already have a "spottiness" to them which helps the egg appearance. Would be funny if could actually shape them like an egg and they still worked.

#6332 4 years ago

All this talk about eggs has got me thinking. I have a cheap Mattel Raptor I got from Target glued to a piece of plastic and mounted over the raptor pit. It is one of the raptors that has "jumping" action with springs in it's legs. I am tempted to drill a small l shaped hole in the plastic above it, add a piece of stiff wire to the raptor leg, and make it so that the raptor physically moves up and down when the ball hits the kickback. Has anyone done anything like this?

#6333 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

All this talk about eggs has got me thinking. I have a cheap Mattel Raptor I got from Target glued to a piece of plastic and mounted over the raptor pit. It is one of the raptors that has "jumping" action with springs in it's legs. I am tempted to drill a small l shaped hole in the plastic above it, add a piece of stiff wire to the raptor leg, and make it so that the raptor physically moves up and down when the ball hits the kickback. Has anyone done anything like this?

Sounds fun - would love to see it!

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

They already have a "spottiness" to them which helps the egg appearance. Would be funny if could actually shape them like an egg and they still worked.

Not as nice as mine though...

3F5A675E-0CF8-46A9-8BE8-F562C14EF8D3 (resized).jpeg3F5A675E-0CF8-46A9-8BE8-F562C14EF8D3 (resized).jpeg
#6335 4 years ago

Not as nice as mine though...[quoted image]

Tims?

#6336 4 years ago

The captive ball. It was run through a tumbler. It has a greyish spotty finish now that looks like a real egg. I think the stock powerball is too white.

#6337 4 years ago

The more you play with them the dirtier your balls will get.

#6338 4 years ago

Agreed. Mine looks really close to yours and its WAY nicer than a bright white ball.

#6339 4 years ago

Trying to figure out if this is an OEM part or not... sorry no pic, but easy to describe.

Most of the gray, clear and metal posts which support a plastic use a metal post inside of them that is threaded top and bottom with a built in "nut" ... PBL calls it a "Machine Post/Stud". Every single one on my game are the exact same EXCEPT one. The one is about 2-3mm taller (the top threaded portion). I can't see where this might have specifically gone. Maybe I could see it as one of the support for the Amber piece, but there is only one of them. Does this one go somewhere special or did someone just toss the wrong one in the game?

#6340 4 years ago

Top of the right sling? Where the main wireform is secured.

20190611_235529 (resized).jpg20190611_235529 (resized).jpg
#6341 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Top of the right sling? Where the main wireform is secured.[quoted image]

YES!!! Thank you!!

(I'm glad someone else is using colored nuts!)

#6342 4 years ago

Is this the Pinball Life ball or something different?

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is this the Pinball Life ball or something different?

Pinball Life. Put it in a tumbler. How many times do I have to say the same thing?

#6345 4 years ago

Pinball Life. Put it in a tumbler. How many times do I have to say the same thing?

Sorry dude, I did not see you explicitly state that it was the Pinball Life version of the ball (I know there are others brands/types out there). I get the tumbler part, just wanted to make sure it was done with the same exact type of ball.

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sorry dude, I did not see you explicitly state that it was the Pinball Life version of the ball (I know there are others brands/types out there). I get the tumbler part, just wanted to make sure it was done with the same exact type of ball.

#6347 4 years ago

Didn't mean to "dude" ya. Thanks for the info.

#6348 4 years ago

Having a new flipper issue. My right flipper was very weak and cleaning contacts didn't seem to matter so I decided to do a flipper rebuild. Bought the kit from Pinball Life and rebuilt all flippers. Soldered in all the wires as they were before. Turned on the machine and all was wonderful for two games. Right flipper was back to full strength, working great.

Then suddenly right lower flipper stops working completely. Right upper flipper is fine. Remove the glass and the right lower flipper just vibrates slightly when the flipper button is pressed. You can't see it but you can feel it with your finger. I rechecked the wire connections and they seem fine. Also metered out all the fuses on the flipper board and they are ok. Flipper moves freely by hand, no binding in the coil sleeve itself. Flipper will hold up when moved by hand but won't fire so it's the high voltage side that's the issue.

Ideas on where to go next?

#6349 4 years ago

Try cleaning your EOS and flipper contacts again. On mine, the set of contacts on the flipper button were not "square" and the amount of contact surface area must have been too small to carry enough current.

#6350 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Try cleaning your EOS and flipper contacts again. On mine, the set of contacts on the flipper button were not "square" and the amount of contact surface area must have been too small to carry enough current.

Did that, no effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.