IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 203.
#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Sweet... I'm in for the T-Rex box mod and the shooter lane one, maybe even the fence. Make me a package!

Definitely will. You'll be my #1 customer

Quoted from JohnJN:

geteos -- Pics of the gun launch replacement! Definitely interested in the T-rex sign as well.

I still have to add the LEDs to it, but I'm hoping to have it test fitted tonight. I'm planning on tying the lights into the Smart Launcher Button. That way you get a visual indicator on the play surface for it. I'm really happy with the way the purple part looks, the yellow filament I used doesn't print very well so I might have to find a different way to make the barrel. I'm still trying to figure out how best to do the honeycomb design on it. Probably have to go decal.

#6102 4 years ago

Does anybody know where this wire goes? It came unsoldered. It's on the left side of the inside of the cabinet just to the right of the flipper board and is connected to a fuse holder. The other side is wired down by the left coin return. Please help!!

15580346412768886819738065366769 (resized).jpg15580346412768886819738065366769 (resized).jpg
#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I have a third project on the go to replace the launcher flat plastic cover (the purple/yellow gun piece). I printed out v1 yesterday. Hopefully I’ll have it wired up this weekend. I think it’s a small cool looking mod.

Funny . . . I've had this game for a couple of months and just now realized that piece was supposed to be the top view of a gun. In looking at it, it would be fairly easy to create the honeycomb as part of the print with layer printing as long as you kept the object fairly two-dimensional. This way below the honeycomb could be yellow and the barrel gray/black or whatever color you are doing it. Now you have me wanting to tinker, but I'll wait to see what you come up with.

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

Does anybody know where this wire goes? It came unsoldered. It's on the left side of the inside of the cabinet just to the right of the flipper board and is connected to a fuse holder. The other side is wired down by the left coin return. Please help!!
[quoted image]

Trying to help, but I don't know that I have that (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

IMG_2154.JPGIMG_2154.JPGIMG_2155.JPGIMG_2155.JPGIMG_2156.JPGIMG_2156.JPG
#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Trying to help, but I don't know that I have that (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yours looks exactly like mine minus the fuse holder. It looks like a junky old fuse holder that someone installed after the fact. The other end goes to the switch on the left coin return. Seeing as I use it at home on free play, perhaps I'll just wire nut it off.

#6106 4 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

Yours looks exactly like mine minus the fuse holder. It looks like a junky old fuse holder that someone installed after the fact. The other end goes to the switch on the left coin return. Seeing as I use it at home on free play, perhaps I'll just wire nut it off.

My t-rex is on the fritz and giving me a headache. Once I get him working again, I'll see if it really affects anything or not. Thank you for your time and help sir. I appreciate it alot!

#6107 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Funny . . . I've had this game for a couple of months and just now realized that piece was supposed to be the top view of a gun. In looking at it, it would be fairly easy to create the honeycomb as part of the print with layer printing as long as you kept the object fairly two-dimensional. This way below the honeycomb could be yellow and the barrel gray/black or whatever color you are doing it. Now you have me wanting to tinker, but I'll wait to see what you come up with.

I have it curved right now. I’m trying to use the project to feature in fusion to make the honey comb bend around but haven’t gotten it to work yet. My v1 is omitting this detail but I’ll continue to work on it. I might try to make the honeycomb a separate layer printed in black.

#6108 4 years ago

I was thinking more of the top slide being rectangular with just the barrel at the point being round. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you have developed.

Update: I just took a closer look at the plastic, and I think you are right in that a yellow cylinder inside the gun top slide would look the coolest. You could definitely print in two parts (inner cylinder yellow and slide in silver or black - or whatever). Doing it this way would require a decal for the honeycomb pattern (I would use a clear waterslide decal or regular decal that covered the entire barrel to make the yellows match.

#6109 4 years ago

So my v1 is a few mm too tall. So I’m going to slice some off the bottom and reprint. But here’s a taste of what I’m going for.

8B6BCFEE-7DC1-4CD6-8B15-FD9C19E68C8C (resized).jpeg8B6BCFEE-7DC1-4CD6-8B15-FD9C19E68C8C (resized).jpeg9228C733-C8F2-475F-BAD2-D81DE80FCE8B (resized).jpeg9228C733-C8F2-475F-BAD2-D81DE80FCE8B (resized).jpeg
#6110 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

So my v1 is a few mm too tall. So I’m going to slice some off the bottom and reprint. But here’s a taste of what I’m going for.
[quoted image][quoted image]

KILLER!

#6111 4 years ago

Very nice! I am very much interested in your shooter and T-Rex mods and possibly the fence mod also. It will depend on how much is in my piggy bank.

#6112 4 years ago

I think Geteos is going to need a Pinside store soon

#6113 4 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I think geteos is going to need a Pinside store soon

I actually opened one to sell my gate but then took it down because I wasn’t quite ready yet. Once I have couple designs finalized and build a few for inventory I’ll open it up again. Appreciate everyone’s interest!

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I need one of these!

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

I actually opened one to sell my gate but then took it down because I wasn’t quite ready yet. Once I have couple designs finalized and build a few for inventory I’ll open it up again. Appreciate everyone’s interest!

Can't wait, your mods look fantastic...keep up the great work

#6116 4 years ago

Yeah, the 3D gun piece looks great. I’d be in for one. Nice job!

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Yeah, the 3D gun piece looks great. I’d be in for one. Nice job!

Is that what that is supposed to be? I thought it was just a weird version of the cryo/barbasol can. Huh!

#6118 4 years ago

V2 of the T. rex box printed in marble. Same depth as the original box to hide the flasher. Still need to figure out mounting the spot and other bulb. I’ll probably convert the other bulb into 5mm leds which will plug into the leads of the old bulb to keep it plug and play.

I have to pick up some decal paper to print the 3 stickers. Probably won’t happen till Tuesday when I’m back at work and can use the colour laser printer. Let me know what you guys think!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

V2 of the T. rex box printed in marble. Same depth as the original box to hide the flasher. Still need to figure out mounting the spot and other bulb. I’ll probably convert the other bulb into 5mm leds which will plug into the leads of the old bulb to keep it plug and play.
I have to pick up some decal paper to print the 3 stickers. Probably won’t happen till Tuesday when I’m back at work and can use the colour laser printer. Let me know what you guys think!

#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

That looks very nice. I do think it needs a top on it to carry out the thickness appearance, but this will pose some challenges on how to print (maybe just a piece that glues on). I love the marble!

#6121 4 years ago

Cooool!

#6122 4 years ago

To top circle seems to be proportionally too large, compared to what's in the movie. Unless you're wanting to put some legible info in there, I'd recommend going smaller.

#6123 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

To top circle seems to be proportionally too large, compared to what's in the movie. Unless you're wanting to put some legible info in there, I'd recommend going smaller.

If you are going to put a decal there, I would suggest making it a common size that you can purchase a circle cutter or punch for instead of something odd.

Also, is the T-Rex insert circle 1" (right size for a starburst insert?)

#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Is that what that is supposed to be? I thought it was just a weird version of the cryo/barbasol can. Huh!

At least that's what I thought it was supposed to be!?

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you are going to put a decal there, I would suggest making it a common size that you can purchase a circle cutter or punch for instead of something odd.
Also, is the T-Rex insert circle 1" (right size for a starburst insert?)

Right now it is 22mm to match the scaled decal circle. My plan was to print a translucent plug to go into the hole that holds 4 LED's and wire them up to plug into the existing wiring. This would replace the current T-Rex light. My reasoning was so that you wouldn't need to unrivet the current socket from the metal box.

Yea, looking at the screen from the movie, it looks like the circle center is in line with the top and is about 1/3 of the width (16.7mm in my model). I tried this out right now and 1/3 looked a bit too small, so I increased it about 22mm wide. I think it looks better.

I test fit my new fence and the stand inside the game. I was able to transfer over the spot light into the box. It press fits onto a nub I print on the back. I will change this to a screw hole in the final version.
IMG_2505 (resized).jpgIMG_2505 (resized).jpg

#6126 4 years ago

I'm thinking the gun handle and original plastic aren't even representing a prop found in the movie. I have always thought of the plastic up top as being part of the gun, but no clue what the artist referenced to come up with it.

I'm not sure what to make of the 3D version. Is it based off of something? It kind of ends up looking like a laser gun.

#6127 4 years ago

I'm thinking the gun handle and original plastic aren't even representing a prop found in the movie. I have always thought of the plastic up top as being part of the gun, but no clue what the artist referenced to come up with it.
I'm not sure what to make of the 3D version. Is it based off of something? It kind of ends up looking like a laser gun.

It's based off the picture printed on the plastic. The way the shading comes across to me it looks like a circular barrel so that's what I went with. My thinking is that it is supposed to be a sci-fi -ish stun gun. Where the energy is stored in the yellow chamber.

But also, if you look at the actual gun on the machine. The barrel is also round and matches the aesthetic. So I think it follows pretty well.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#6128 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Right now it is 22mm to match the scaled decal circle. My plan was to print a translucent plug to go into the hole that holds 4 LED's and wire them up to plug into the existing wiring. This would replace the current T-Rex light. My reasoning was so that you wouldn't need to unrivet the current socket from the metal box.

Yea, looking at the screen from the movie, it looks like the circle center is in line with the top and is about 1/3 of the width (16.7mm in my model). I tried this out right now and 1/3 looked a bit too small, so I increased it about 22mm wide. I think it looks better.
I test fit my new fence and the stand inside the game. I was able to transfer over the spot light into the box. It press fits onto a nub I print on the back. I will change this to a screw hole in the final version.
[quoted image]

OH damn, it's coming together!

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

It's based off the picture printed on the plastic. The way the shading comes across to me it looks like a circular barrel so that's what I went with. My thinking is that it is supposed to be a sci-fi -ish stun gun. Where the energy is stored in the yellow chamber.
But also, if you look at the actual gun on the machine. The barrel is also round and matches the aesthetic. So I think it follows pretty well.[quoted image]

Hmm... given that the gun handle is all black, I wonder if the 3D printed parts were done in black if it would look good. Or a black shell and gray core.

#6130 4 years ago

Hmm... given that the gun handle is all black, I wonder if the 3D printed parts were done in black if it would look good. Or a black shell and gray core.

I was thinking, if the mod isn't black, I might repaint the handle to match.

#6131 4 years ago

These are gonna be sweet!!!!!!

#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

But also, if you look at the actual gun on the machine. The barrel is also round and matches the aesthetic. So I think it follows pretty well.[quoted image]

I thought it was supossed to be the electric stun pole/gun from the start of the movie to control the raptors
jpark039 (resized).jpgjpark039 (resized).jpg

Jurassic-Park-Jurassic-Park-Dino-Taser-2 (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Jurassic-Park-Dino-Taser-2 (resized).jpg
#6133 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

I thought it was supossed to be the electric stun pole/gun from the start of the movie to control the raptors
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ah that would make sense! I was looking at screen caps trying to find it. Good stuff!

I’ll print it in black to see how it’ll look. My only concern is that it’ll blend in with the apron, might lose a bit of its detail.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well, now the mod needs to be increased to go all the way down the shooter lane. Gotta be true to the movie.

#6135 4 years ago

Here are some grabs from the movie.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image.pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6137 4 years ago

The stun gun is now making even more sense with the "Thumper Ready" callout.

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The stun gun is now making even more sense with the "Thumper Ready" callout.

I’ve spent the last 20 years owning this pin never being able to understand what he’s says it’s “&:$/9dhdi ready” in my mind. Thumper makes sense

#6139 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Well, now the mod needs to be increased to go all the way down the shooter lane. Gotta be true to the movie.

I could extend it all the way to line up with the edge of the apron. Does anyone have the movie in 4K that could get a good pic showing the pattern on the outer diameter of the weapon?

#6140 4 years ago

HOLY SHIT ITS A STUN GUN!!!! GOOD LORD!

Why wouldnt it be the handle of Robert Muldoon's gun? Hes hunting the raptors...were shooting at them....plus he shoots this gun in the shoot again animation. Ugh! What choices they made...

#6141 4 years ago

https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/jurassic-park-dino-taser-prod.116158/

Not sure if we are on the right track with the taser. This thread seems to suggest it just looks like a speargun with an XLR cable wrapped around it.

#6142 4 years ago

Heres muldoons weapon

601px-JP1SPAS12-1 (resized).jpg601px-JP1SPAS12-1 (resized).jpggallery-jurassic-park-02 (resized).jpggallery-jurassic-park-02 (resized).jpg
#6143 4 years ago

Including the prop one
Jurassic-Park-Jurassic-Park-Dino-Taser-2 (1) (resized).jpgJurassic-Park-Jurassic-Park-Dino-Taser-2 (1) (resized).jpgShockProd (resized).jpgShockProd (resized).jpg

prod_comp (resized).jpgprod_comp (resized).jpg
#6144 4 years ago

Maybe its a little inbetween? and they had to house the smartmissle button.

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

LOL... this is great.

Best club in all of pinball I would say.

#6147 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Best club in all of pinball I would say.

I'm guessing the people left posting here, compared to some of the newer games I have, are the sort of die hards who want to keep their game going or redo it. A lot of the people in the other clubs on the newer games are having to repair shit right away, it's their first game, etc. Rules issues with new code. Manufacturing issues (POTC *cough*). Maybe I'm just in too many JJP clubs, lol.

#6148 4 years ago

JP with the chadh 6.0 code is a surprisingly well balanced game for its age and there are a lot of opportunities for customization with it.

My printer has been busy the last 24 hours pumping out revisions. The revised gun barrel fit perfectly under the glass so I'm working on the lighting now. I'll print a 2nd copy of it in black with a yellow barrel for those interested in that colour combo.

I modified the T-Rex stand and shrunk the no photography circle. I'm now working on fitting the flasher into it. It's going to require drilling out the rivet or purchasing a 2nd bayonet mount with an L bracket like so:
https://www.pinballlife.com/bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-laydown-mounting-bracket-for-89-bulbs.html

I'll probably have to include some butt splice connectors for people who aren't comfortable with soldering so they can just snip off the wiring from the old bulb, strip off a bit of wire and then just crimp the two wires together. Should make it a bit cleaner and secure vs just twisting the wires together.
Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 6.46.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-18 at 6.46.50 PM (resized).pngT-Rex Stand v4 (resized).pngT-Rex Stand v4 (resized).png

#6149 4 years ago

I'm gonna stop replying "awesome" to every update, just assume that I'm posting that each time.

#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from Geteos:

Amazing work, I need this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/123?hl=johnjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.