Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 143.
#551 4 years ago

No worries. Does anyone know where to get one of these?

js0014-10a.jpg
#552 4 years ago
Quoted from smerff:

Does anyone know where to get one of these?

This is a custom toy. Was not mass produced.

http://www.johnspangler.com/hwcustoms/jpexplorer.html

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from smerff:

No worries. Does anyone know where to get one of these?

They are currently selling the Jeeps though. They're promoted under Jurassic World, but look just like the Jeeps from Jurassic Park.
http://amzn.to/1FW3q8C

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

They are currently selling the Jeeps though. They're promoted under Jurassic World, but look just like the Jeeps from Jurassic Park.
http://amzn.to/1FW3q8C

Spoiler alert! Don't look at that page or you'll likely see a toy of the freakin' hybrid dino that they specifically don't show in the trailer for Jurassic World...

#555 4 years ago

You know it's serious if they don't show it in the trailer because these days almost every movie trailer is a needless spoiler-iffic cliffs notes version of the entire movie.

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Spoiler alert! Don't look at that page or you'll likely see a toy of the freakin' hybrid dino that they specifically don't show in the trailer for Jurassic World...

I was hoping to see Jurassic World without any knowledge of it. I tried to avoid the trailers posted online. But no matter how much I tried to avoid it, it was still shown in other places where I couldn't help but see it.

#557 4 years ago

Ive tried hard too...finally going to see it tomorrow before anything gets ruined for me.

#558 4 years ago

Isnt Stern releasing a Jurassic World Pin? Back on topic, is that Jeep going to fit in replacement of the "Shoot T-Rex when lit" ugly thing?

#559 4 years ago

This is how big it is. It's about 4.5 inches long, and 2.25in tall from wheel to top of roll cage.

2015-06-13 08.30.03.jpg
#560 4 years ago

Thanks thats about right for the gap. Ive bought one of these and am going to paint it. The wheels need changing though. If it looks rubbish Ill just buy the jeep.

CIMG5922.JPG
#561 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the Amber Mosquito? Did they reproduce them?

Thanks

#562 4 years ago

Not sure, sorry.

Any one ever consider taking the "shoot the trex when lit" light and moving its connection down to under the trex saucer and then putting a flashing led in the socket? Then the socket would flash when you are supposed to shoot the trex, right?

Was thinking about this so I could put the die cast jeep in the light/box's spot. I havent gotten it yet, but I am considering this. Any objections?

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Not sure, sorry.
Any one ever consider taking the "shoot the trex when lit" light and moving its connection down to under the trex saucer and then putting a flashing led in the socket? Then the socket would flash when you are supposed to shoot the trex, right?
Was thinking about this so I could put the die cast jeep in the light/box's spot. I havent gotten it yet, but I am considering this. Any objections?

Look at my post about a month back

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Look at my post about a month back

Cool. I want to just eliminate that whole box and I want the kick out hole to flash making it more obvious. You basically did what I wanted to do though, nicely done.

#566 4 years ago

You don't need a blinking LED the circuit blinks already. I just tied it into the red LED on top of the box and it flashes.

#567 4 years ago

weird, i never noticed it. maybe mine isnt working, lol.

#568 4 years ago

I think it lights when the mode is on then flashes as soon as the ball lands there, I cant remember exactly I'll have to check when I get home, but it does whatever the red light does.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think it lights when the mode is on then flashes as soon as the ball lands there, I cant remember exactly I'll have to check when I get home, but it does whatever the red light does.

The lamp on top of the T-Rex box will only ever flash or be off... or be part of the playfield light show. I don't think there is ever a time where it is lit solid.

It will flash during Feed T-Rex mode, and it will flash when Tri-Ball is ready, and it will flash after the CHAOS part of multiball when you are supposed to shoot the T-Rex.

By the way, this lamp is tied to the T-Rex insert on the map portion of the center of the playfield. That insert and the T-Rex box will always light together.

The idea of putting a bright LED under the T-Rex saucer is a great one. I need to do this too!

#570 4 years ago

Make sure you get the clear saucer http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9101-13 if you want to put a color LED under it otherwise it's going to be tinted yellow. I put red leds under the saucer and in the bunker, control room and the computer. Looks like lava under the playfield.

#571 4 years ago

I put a red LED in mine but didn't like the way it looked so I just went with a nice bright warm white.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I put a red LED in mine but didn't like the way it looked so I just went with a nice bright warm white.

Ya I think I may just go warm white because I have that in my stock so its easy, lol.

#573 4 years ago

The only way pins should be lit in my opinion.

#574 4 years ago

Just bought one on Saturday. Got a few questions to ask later.

#575 4 years ago

I also ordered a Jeep for my Jurassic Park. I'm hoping it will fit nicely into the machine, but if not it might be a toy for kids.

#576 4 years ago

I've added mine to my office toy shelf. Not that you need to see it. Just posting because I'm excited to finally see Jurassic World tonight.

11294375_10155655360950654_1778625070_o.jpg
#577 4 years ago

Like I said a couple posts up, just got this Saturday.I was wondering why my "A" light wasn't working for CHAOS and why I couldn't cycle through any of the missions (it stays on Stampede). I found this under the control room (I removed the switch):jpswitch1.jpg
jpswitch2.jpg

My question is, do I solder the two white/green wires to that first tab on my new switch? If so, will this solve my problem or is there something-else I should expect? If not, where do they go?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Now that I noticed, should those green/black wires be soldered to the first switch as well or is it supposed to have a spade terminal?

#578 4 years ago

I really wish some oe would make a mini barbesol can, lol.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I really wish some oe would make a mini barbesol can, lol.

Should also point out that my Barbesol can is one of those false can safes. Took forever to find the right can design. They changed the package design over a year ago. All I wanted was a can that looked like the one in the movie. A real can of shaving cream. But just happened to go to The Container Store, and they had this one on display. But the ones you could buy were the new style. I convinced them to sell me the display unit.

So it has a false bottom to where I can store my embryos at. But ran out of coolant.

#580 4 years ago

picked up the jeep, pretty sweet the doors open. gonna throw some leds in the headlights at some point hopefully.

not sure exactly how i want to mount it and where.

jpjeep.jpg
#581 4 years ago

that jeep is cool, try setting it on the right crooked above the lane next to the gate and see what it looks like with the headlights aimed at you with the led's it might be pretty sweet..... I have the goat where your jeep is and it looks like he can eat it when he bends over

#582 4 years ago

i used to have my raptor where i temporarily set the jeep, but i think that area might be the best/only area that makes sense to position him and still be able to get the glass on.

#583 4 years ago

InfiniteLives is your jeep the plastic one? I looked online at jeeps yesterday there are quit a few options/sizes to pick from....

I am thinking I want to try a gutted plastic one over the right lane, lighter being easier to rig up, yours looks like the right size to try that .

peace, B.

#584 4 years ago

Look! Stick Stupid! LOL....

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from smoke:

InfiniteLives is your jeep the plastic one?

Those are 1:43 die cast from Jada. I found them the other day at Target for under $6.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

Those are 1:43 die cast from Jada. I found them the other day at Target for under $6.

If you can find them. I saw them last week in Target, but didn't grab any. Then today I decided I was going to get 2 more. All sold out at 3 different Targets I went to. But all three had the new 6-wheeled Mercedes though. Poor Mercedes. Nobody wants you.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Just finish it up and put in the line up. Now time to play the s&*T out of it. Led's all from comet. Like the pop lights.

DSC05222.JPG
DSC05221.JPG

The pop lights look great. What pop lights are you using??

#588 4 years ago

WhooHoo! Will be joining the Jurassic Park Club very soon! You know how certain smells, music, visuals can instantly take you back? This machine does that. I was 13-14 when I played this machine. It's that age where you finally start to realize your surroundings and things start to have meaning. The movie was the single most influential movie that made me want to get into film making. Not a true filmmaker yet, but I did just finish my first short film. And without Jurassic Park, I may not be in the profession I'm in today as a Graphic Designer. So in between watching Jurassic Park on VHS and the behind the scenes tape that came with it, we'd make bi-weekly trips to the mall, where I would continuously play this machine at the arcade while my mom shopped.

I'd challenge anyone that says they've wanted this machine more than me.

I've started a list of things I'd like to do to it. I want to make it as close to original as possible. Will be replacing all bulbs with warm-while LEDs. No color-matched areas, or bright white LEDs. Again, trying to keep it as OEM looking as possible. Addon mods will be minimal. I do like the light scoop mod though. But no extra dino's in the playfield, or palm trees. Will probably upgrade the speakers. And will be replacing anything that looks like it can't be cleaned, or needs replacing like a flipper rebuild. Forgot to take note what the pop-bumpers look like.

Figured I'd probably order LEDs. The rest I just need to take inventory of what would need replacing after I get it.

My question, anyone have a fairly accurate number of bulbs it would need? How many #44's are there, how many flashers, how many #555? Didn't know if someone has an accurate count? Or at least generally how many would be needed of each?

Looking forward to getting it!

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from smoke:

InfiniteLives is your jeep the plastic one? I looked online at jeeps yesterday there are quit a few options/sizes to pick from....
I am thinking I want to try a gutted plastic one over the right lane, lighter being easier to rig up, yours looks like the right size to try that .
peace, B.

mines the one listed earlier from amazon
amazon.com link »

#590 4 years ago

I just picked up a nice JP that is HUO which was purchased by the original owner in June of 1993 from the Game Exchange in Denver, CO. Since I am not very familiar with this title can someone confirm if the topper as shown in the photos is correct with the metal plate in front of the topper which blocks the lights/flashers and reflects the light back onto the topper?

DSCN3386.JPG
DSCN3385.JPG
DSCN3387.JPG
DSCN3346.JPG
DSCN3349.JPG
DSCN3351.JPG
DSCN3353.JPG
DSCN3367.JPG
DSCN3369.JPG
DSCN3360.JPG
DSCN3362.JPG
DSCN3375.JPG
DSCN3383.JPG
DSCN3391.JPG
DSCN3396.JPG
DSCN3393.JPG

Gord

#591 4 years ago

Yes that's correct but it looks terrible stock. I pulled mine off painted the outside black and used a chrome paint on the other side.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I pulled mine off painted the outside black and used a chrome paint on the other side.

I'd like to see picks of that!

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I'd challenge anyone that says they've wanted this machine more than me.

I don't remember reading anyone being as passionate about this pin as you ... congrats and enjoy!

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

The pop lights look great. What pop lights are you using??

Thanks. I got them from Comet.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/bmpring.htm

#595 4 years ago

I went through the single lamp tests to ensure that all of my lamps are working correctly and after replacing a couple of bulbs all the single lamp tests are now successful. I am confused though as the single lamp tests do not test the left/right in-lane lamps which are for the 'Lite Dock' and 'Lite ADV. X' inserts.

These two inserts seem to be lit all the time. Am I missing something here or is this normal?

Gord

DSCN3403.JPG
DSCN3402.JPG

#596 4 years ago

IIRC they are lit all the time because they always score Lite Dock and Adv. X. I don't remember them being excluded from the lamp matrix, but I guess it makes sense because they're always on!

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

IIRC they are lit all the time because they always score Lite Dock and Adv. X. I don't remember them being excluded from the lamp matrix, but I guess it makes sense because they're always on!

Super, thanks for the confirmation. I appreciate it.

Gord

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I am confused though as the single lamp tests do not test the left/right in-lane lamps which are for the 'Lite Dock' and 'Lite ADV. X' inserts.
These two inserts seem to be lit all the time. Am I missing something here or is this normal?

This is normal. These two lamps are part of the GI... they are not part of the lamp matrix. Will always be on whenever the GI is on.

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

This is normal. These two lamps are part of the GI... they are not part of the lamp matrix. Will always be on whenever the GI is on.

What he said...always on.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

I'd like to see picks of that!

image.jpgimage.jpg

It's hard to see but that was kinda the point. I thought it was an eye sore just unfinished metal. With the metallic chrome paint on the back it's more reflective. I put red orange and yellow LEDs and it actually matches the sunset really well but it's hard to see in the pic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Luling, LA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside