IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 203.
#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if everyone is aware of these lockbar rail decals, but next time you order rings/rubbers, you should consider them. Not that they are necessary (then again, that can be said for many things we put on our pins), but it they do give an improved appearance every time you lift the playfield for maintenance. I have them on both my pins, and for some reason the nice finished look just makes me feel better than looking at the old tarnished/rusted piece of metal with missing/tattered stickers on it.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=133

I have one in my cart. Can you post a pic of yours installed?

#5852 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

mr_tantrum - great idea! post a pic!

Quoted from edward472:

I have one in my cart. Can you post a pic of yours installed?

Here you go. Full discloser in that I made this one as a test to see what I thought on this pin, so it is not the actual Titan Pinball product (next time I order rings, I'll get the real thing). However, it gives you a good idea of what it would look like. The ones from Titan are of extremely high quality, durable, and machine cut. Eric (Titan owner) is a great guy who loves pinball (not to mention he provides great products), so I always encourage everyone to do business with him. Personally, I have all Titan rings and flipper rubbers on both my machines, in addition to other Titan products, and highly recommend Titan to everyone.

When installing, be sure to clean as best you can the area where it will adhere. I used alcohol and several paper towels to clean mine before applying my test decal.

IMG_2100 (resized).JPGIMG_2100 (resized).JPG

#5853 4 years ago

Considering selling my JP. PM me if you would be interested in the trex mod. It was $400 new and its still $400. No price increase although I bet I could get $500....

Any ways, let me know. Not in a rush.

#5854 4 years ago

Another place you can buy some other cabinet reproduction decals is from:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00579-data-east-warning-decals

Although I have to say the solid decal across the bar is pretty sweet looking

#5855 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Considering selling my JP. PM me if you would be interested in the trex mod. It was $400 new and its still $400. No price increase although I bet I could get $500....

Wow! What pin are you planning on getting to replace it?

#5856 4 years ago

Traitor!

#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wow! What pin are you planning on getting to replace it?

Ive been eyeing an xmen le for a while. Its the last le stern to stay in the affordable range and its a next level pin for my collection. I love jp the movie, and i like the theme of the pin, but the gameplay is getting a little boring. My friends dont play it as much any more either. Looking to possibly shake it up. My wife isnt so thrilled, she thinks the kid will be sad. I dont think the kid cares. We will see...

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if everyone is aware of these lockbar rail decals, but next time you order rings/rubbers, you should consider them. Not that they are necessary (then again, that can be said for many things we put on our pins), but they do give an improved appearance every time you lift the playfield for maintenance. I have them on both my pins, and for some reason the nice finished look just makes me feel better than looking at the old tarnished/rusted piece of metal with missing/tattered stickers on it.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=133

I put one of these on a Twister I had when the lock bar wasn’t cleaning up with Evaporust and plating/powder coating wasnt worth the cost. I ran a quick coat of black spray paint over the bar so that the gap where the sticker sits wouldn’t be so obvious. I almost wish it was oversized so it could be installed and then cut with an exacto to be flush.
Oh and make sure you remove the brass screws. I didn’t... oops

#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Ive been disappointed in my scores this last year. Current high score on the machine is just over 600m. But just a few weeks after I got the game, and before I understood the rules, I set a 1.6 billion score. HAD ZERO idea how I even got that, and even thought it was an error and a switch was vibrating and giving me tons of points. After recounting the sounds I heard and the mode I knew I was in, it was confirmed here on the board that it was most likely indeed a genuine score.
Turned out I hit every shot I needed in Tri-ball pretty much instantly. I had no idea. That included the Jackpot, the CHAOS shots and the TRex with all 6 balls still on the table. I've never been able to do it since.

I'm still trying to break 500 million. My main hang-up is that I can't collect the tri-ball jackpots. When I actually do, then I can't hit the CHAOS shots.

#5860 4 years ago

Rex is spoken for if I sell.

#5861 4 years ago

Collect the jackpot, then use the smart middle to start CHAOS multiball.

#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm still trying to break 500 million. My main hang-up is that I can't collect the tri-ball jackpots. When I actually do, then I can't hit the CHAOS shots.

J-Freeze beat me to it.

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Here's my strategy that I current use.

As soon as the tri-ball starts you've got a few seconds of ball-save. So I try to make sure I take a clean shot up the ramp, or go to the dock and get the loop. If I go for the loop, I try not to pay attention to the other balls if it's early enough since they'll come back out. But once you get going, it's hard to get a clean shot with the other balls bouncing around. Unless you're a good cradler, which I'm not.

Once I get the jackpot, I just try to juggle the balls until I start hitting the CHAOS shots, then start going after the ones I need.

I always try to save my Smart Missile until the last second. And if I can make it through CHAOS without using it, I'll use it right away when the Trex shot is lit to collect as many balls as I can.

Right now all of my high scores are above 500m. I think the lowest is like 509m. Every time my friend is over, he's trying to get his initials up. I think the closest he's gotten is about 495m. He was devastated.

#5864 4 years ago

Here is my strategy. Still havn't made it to system shut down, but got close. High scores are all over 400 million, with highest topping 1 billion.

Hit the scoop to start a mode, do mode/try for the ramp or TREX shot to light scoop again (briefly). Try to get through as many as I can. In the process of doing this, I'll hit dinos and start the multiball. When multiball is started, try for jackpot, then try for CHAOS. If you are about to drain you ball on tri-ball, hit the smart missile to save game and start chaos multiball. Don't use it unless you have to. Then go for the jackpots there. If you have Smart missle when you start CHAOS, you are golden.

A few other tips I didn't notice until later is that the Boat Dock will kill a dinosaur when lit, so if you are having trouble getting the last dino to start multiball it's great.

Really liking the game.

I have 2 games, this and a Hobbit. JP is better IMO. Going to try and trade the Hobbit for a few "Lesser" Data Easts or Bally/Williams down the line.

#5865 4 years ago

My best game is a hair over 500M. I too save my Smart missile for CHAOS, but only if I'm about to drain. I just found the boat dock dinosaur thing out last night. It definitely helps with a couple of the trickier dinos in the center targets.

I noticed that in my high score game I had triggered Stampede along with another mode and my Stampede score got up to 60M, I'm still trying to figure out what stacked with it to get it up that high.

I've only got to system shutdown twice, and both times did not net me a high score. CHAOS seems to be the way to go, I got the the 2nd 50M T-Rex shot going once.

This game really compliments my Getaway which has less in game modes, but plays way faster. It seems on days when I'm playing one game poorly I get a really good score on the other.

#5866 4 years ago

Now you guys got me wanting to put up a big game.....maybe tonight.

#5867 4 years ago

Everyone calm down...JP is off the chopping block for now....

#5868 4 years ago

Don't succumb to peer pressure . . . we're always open and welcoming to newbie JP owners (after all, I'm one of them).

#5869 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't succumb to peer pressure . . . we're always open and welcoming to newbie JP owners (after all, I'm one of them).

Like I said, I love the theme. Once T2 sells, and I fill that spot, well see what happens. Still really want an xmen le, but would rather trade plus cash for it.

JP lives to see another day!

#5870 4 years ago

My best game is around 760 million I think. Similar to above, I used smart missile to start CHAOS then was able to hit the 5 CHAOS shots to start the super jackpots on the ramp.

One thing I have found helpful as well, especially to get a shot at a second Triball, is to hit the center ramp over and over off of the left flipper. It's a pretty easy shot once you know where it is and you can get Mr. DNA multiple times which will offer a Triball ready option about 25% of the time. Also can start Super Egg multiball which is fun too. Lastly I think you get an extra ball when you've shot that ramp like 8 or 10 times, I forget which.

#5871 4 years ago

Like I said, I love the theme. Once T2 sells, and I fill that spot, well see what happens. Still really want an xmen le, but would rather trade plus cash for it.
JP lives to see another day!

Well I can't help but be torn about this haha

#5872 4 years ago

Nice to see my strategy with the smart missile is in line with everyone else. Now I just have to be clutch with my shots.

#5873 4 years ago

I once traded mine, i strangely missed it, now another one is back!

JP is just one of those epic pins you need in your collection.

#5874 4 years ago

Anyone have a good rubber kit list? I know titan has a few in their database, but even those have people saying they are missing some. I don't want to buy a bunch and then have to make another order for the 1 or 2 I'll be missing.

#5875 4 years ago

I used the translucent kit they have in their database. Seemed complete and has the slim stern type sleeve on one of the egg posts which is apparently factory.

#5876 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Anyone have a good rubber kit list? I know titan has a few in their database, but even those have people saying they are missing some. I don't want to buy a bunch and then have to make another order for the 1 or 2 I'll be missing.

Quoted from ypurchn:

I think I'm going to go with shacklersrevenge list over on titan. It seems to be the most complete

Post Sleeves - 1/2 Inch (Stern / DE) Red 9
Post Sleeves - Standard Red 2
Post Sleeves - Standard Lt. Blue 2
Rubber Rings - Flipper Standard Red 3
Rubber Rings - 3/16 Inch I.D. Red 3
Rubber Rings - 3/8 Inch I.D. Red 3
Rubber Rings - 3/4 Inch I.D. Red 1
Rubber Rings - 1 Inch I.D. Red 1
Rubber Rings - 1 1/4 Inch I.D. Red 5
Rubber Rings - 1 1/2 Inch I.D. Red 1
Misc - Post Cap Lt. Blue 2
Misc - Post Cap Red 2
Rubber Rings - 3/8 Inch O.D. Red 3
Rubber Rings - 2 3/4 Inch I.D. Red 2

On my list for this weekend to install these.

#5877 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

On my list for this weekend to install these.

Did you go with the same kit?

#5878 4 years ago

Wish the guy that got the NIB JP would do a teardown to get an accurate list of rubbers used. I feel that over time, we all have different sized rubbers on our machine based on the incorrect manual/operators using what was available to them.

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Wish the guy that got the NIB JP would do a teardown to get an accurate list of rubbers used. I feel that over time, we all have different sized rubbers on our machine based on the incorrect manual/operators using what was available to them.

Yeah. I asked them for some hi res shots of the playfield and they said they would do them...Not holding my breath. I'm sure they already sold the machine. I felt like it was a really big missed opportunity to not document the game for the rest of us.

#5880 4 years ago

I hope someone can make ramps for JP soon. I need both ramps!!

#5881 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I hope someone can make ramps for JP soon. I need both ramps!!

I think my JP is defective you guys....I only have 1 ramp.

#5882 4 years ago

Main ramp and a subway ramp.

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm going with Chitown on this one. Upper is a ramp while the lower is a Subway.

#5884 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Did you go with the same kit?

Just the sizes. I went all black on color.

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Gotcha. Ya, theyre two different components. All good though, I kind of figured you meant that. Freeplay40 is the one who makes the dope ramps right? I almost bought one for my swords of fury while i had it. He makes good stuff. Some day maybe?

#5886 4 years ago

Gotcha. Ya, theyre two different components. All good though, I kind of figured you meant that. freeplay40 is the one who makes the dope ramps right? I almost bought one for my swords of fury while i had it. He makes good stuff. Some day maybe?

You would hope he would be after asking for over a year I'm not sure it will happen. JP is an awesome pin and you would think with 9k of them produced ramps would be available

#5887 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Just the sizes. I went all black on color.

Tell me how it works out and if its a complete kit

#5888 4 years ago

Well, my new JP paint scheme is underway. When I bought the pin it already had safety yellow legs, so I decided to do the same with the backbox supports, side rails, and lockbar. I'm also going to do the side rails in a caution patter theme (angled alternating yellow and black stripes). I'm debating whether or not to keep the lockbar all yellow or to do a caution pattern on it also (may be too much).

After reading as much as I could about using painting pinball parts, I decided I'd give things a try with spray enamel instead of going to the expense of powder coating (only negative I could find was potential lockbar wear, but not really concerned given home use pin). This way I could do it myself all for around $30 all in (paint, tape, mounting tape for side rails, lockbar weather stripping, etc.) Anyway, started with a light sand of parts, 2 coats of double cover gray primer, and 2 coats of safety yellow on inside of parts (where I am so far). I'll do 3 coats of yellow on the outside, tape off and paint my stripes on side rails with 2 coats black, and then everything will get 3 coats of double cover satin clear on top. Taking my time with paint, and if things go to plan I should have everything fully cured and ready to install in about a week or so.
IMG_2104.JPGIMG_2104.JPGIMG_2105.JPGIMG_2105.JPGIMG_2106.JPGIMG_2106.JPG
IMG_1908.JPGIMG_1908.JPG

#5889 4 years ago

Those with the Opto-ball through, help me think through this.

With Davi's help, I was able to get my optoboard working again. In testing, all switches now perform like how they should...Until I mount it.

The 4 right ball optos are constantly on. I've tried bending the LEDs a little, and may have gotten one working, but the others don't want to budge. I unmounted the board, and optos work again. Thinking I was creating a short whith it mounted, I placed the board back up by hand, and again, 4 right optos sense something.

So my thought is, maybe I shined up the ball through metal too much, and it's too reflective for the optos?

I don't want to keep bending the leds, as they'll eventually snap off. So I'm hoping to get some ideas before trying the next thing.

#5890 4 years ago

Okay. I'm 99% certain that my current issue is the ball through. I stuck a strip of cardboard to the top of the ball through, and the lights go out. So how do I fix this issue now?

Would putting a "shield" around each LED help? So that it has an area of focus?

Or do I take the ball through out again, and try to matte it up?

#5891 4 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Tell me how it works out and if its a complete kit

I ordered a full Universal kit and then supplemented what wasn't included.

Here's what I just took off of my JP. I went back with the same, except where noted.
(2) 2 3/4"
(4) 1 1/4" - 2 of these I went back with 1 1/2" cause they were wayy to tight IMO
(1) 1"
(2) 3/4"
(5) 3/16"
(3) 3/8" OD
(4) post 1/2 DE
(4) post standard
(3) flippers

So it looks like I didn't use (5) of the post 1/2 DE and (1) of the 3/4" that's in the kit mentioned. I ordered the acorns but, ended up putting nuts back on those posts. Not sure where I missed the other 5 rings and 1 ring? I'll do another scan of my floor and make sure some didn't fall off of the table...

#5892 4 years ago

Took the upper section of the ball through off, and held the optoboard up, all switches work just fine. So it is the upper portion of the ball through that's tripping the LEDs. I'm going to put on electrical tape on the underside to see if that fixes it, but noticed I have another problem. Mine seems to be cracked. It's been working fine, but curious if anyone sells this part? Doubt it.

2019-05-04 13.20.50 (resized).jpg2019-05-04 13.20.50 (resized).jpg2019-05-04 13.20.58 (resized).jpg2019-05-04 13.20.58 (resized).jpg
#5893 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Okay. I'm 99% certain that my current issue is the ball through. I stuck a strip of cardboard to the top of the ball through, and the lights go out. So how do I fix this issue now?
Would putting a "shield" around each LED help? So that it has an area of focus?
Or do I take the ball through out again, and try to matte it up?

It seems your ball trough upper part is very shiny. Can you add any decal to the lower surface (above the balls)?

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It seems your ball trough upper part is very shiny. Can you add any decal to the lower surface (above the balls)?

Just added electrical tape. Seems to work. Mounted the ball through and now Ball # 6 doesn't light up. It does click though. I'm going to solder the wires back on and see if it senses the ball. If the only thing is that the light doesn't work, I'm ok with it.

#5895 4 years ago

Yellow is done. I've decided to just do caution striping on the side rails. Tomorrow will be clear coating on the backbox supports and lockbar. Side rails should be cured enough to tape up and paint stripes on Monday.

Going to look similar to what Phetishboy did back in the day, but I'm going to carry my black stripes all the way to both edges: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods#post-512363

IMG_2107.JPGIMG_2107.JPG

#5896 4 years ago

I have a barely used Static Gate Mod - fully working, great cosmetically, $150 shipped
static gate (resized).JPGstatic gate (resized).JPG

Used set of (3) JP Cliffys - sold

I'm in need of the following items shown below if you would like to trade + cash. Or if you have any of these for sale
plastics needed (resized).JPGplastics needed (resized).JPG

Paypal F&F or Zelle. Thanks

Added over 5 years ago:

Items sold.

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, my new JP paint scheme is underway. When I bought the pin it already had safety yellow legs, so I decided to do the same with the backbox supports, side rails, and lockbar. I'm also going to do the side rails in a caution patter theme (angled alternating yellow and black stripes). I'm debating whether or not to keep the lockbar all yellow or to do a caution pattern on it also (may be too much).
After reading as much as I could about using painting pinball parts, I decided I'd give things a try with spray enamel instead of going to the expense of powder coating (only negative I could find was potential lockbar wear, but not really concerned given home use pin). This way I could do it myself all for around $30 all in (paint, tape, mounting tape for side rails, lockbar weather stripping, etc.) Anyway, started with a light sand of parts, 2 coats of double cover gray primer, and 2 coats of safety yellow on inside of parts (where I am so far). I'll do 3 coats of yellow on the outside, tape off and paint my stripes on side rails with 2 coats black, and then everything will get 3 coats of double cover satin clear on top. Taking my time with paint, and if things go to plan I should have everything fully cured and ready to install in about a week or so.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

get those crappy plastic leg protectors off. go with the metal ones. https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html much better. won't cause any scrapping issues and can't be seen

#5898 4 years ago

Ugh! After a lot of tinkering and soldering and troubleshooting with Davi with my Opto board, I finally got it working. Yay! But.... now I can't shut my coin door. I have a Japan import with a center coin slot and it hits about the area of the board with the JP logo on it. All I need is about 1/4 inch of space.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue, or do the double coin slots miss the board? If that's the case, maybe I should look into replacing the door?

Oh, in other news. Double check your maintenance rails for sliding the playfield out on. Mine were EXTREMELY loose. I could hand-tighten all the nuts several rotations. After tightening them up, I wiped them down cause they were dir-tay, then wiped cloth damp with oil over them. What a difference that made.

#5899 4 years ago

Picked up a playfield protector for one of these. Any big hiccups installing these, other than the PITA that is removing that ramp?

#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Picked up a playfield protector for one of these. Any big hiccups installing these, other than the PITA that is removing that ramp?

what's the point of a PF protector? JP really doesn't see much wear besides the scoops. I can't think of an example I've seen that's shown PF wear except for the scoops which can be protected by Cliffys. IMO - save your effort for something else. Adjusting the switches alone makes putting on a protector a hard sell in my book.

The ramp is easy peasy to remove. Nice heavy plastic makes it pretty durable to any twisting or whatever you need to do to get it out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/118?hl=johnjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.