IMG_2307 (resized).jpeg
65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 203.
#5801 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Had to pull the machine out from the wall, which meant moving some other stuff around the room to get into the backbox to install the power connector to power the opto board.
And Pinsound, I'm just not sold on it. I want 100% original sounds. Now if someone can do a 1 to 1 conversion using high res sounds, then I'd be all over that, but since that hasn't been done, I'm holding off.
Now you may say that the new one sounds a lot better. Sure, it may. To you. But this is my 1994 childhood I'm remembering. Now, if I wasn't as much of a fan of JP as I am, then yeah, I'd probably get it. Heck, if I had any other machine and someone updated the sounds and callouts, I'd probably get it for that too because I'd have a less sentimental attachment to it.

Beauty of PS is that you can have multiple orchestrations and easily switch between them at any time, so you could have original and the movie based themes.

However, I do understand your reasons. My Getaway is awesome for PinSound, and I’m now working on my 10th different orchestration for it. Fast paced action with driving theme lends itself to a lot of different music options.

#5802 5 years ago

Okay. Help me troubleshoot. Installed the opto board and having some issues. With no balls installed, 3rd and 4th one from the left are already lit. When I test them by running my finger over them, 1st and 2nd from the left work, and oddly, when the second one is lit, the third one goes out. Nothing changes about the 4th one. It always stays lit. And 5 and 6 don't respond at all to anything. Everything seems solidly soldered.

2019-04-24 20.06.57 (resized).jpg2019-04-24 20.06.57 (resized).jpg2019-04-24 20.08.38 (resized).jpg2019-04-24 20.08.38 (resized).jpg2019-04-24 20.08.48 (resized).jpg2019-04-24 20.08.48 (resized).jpg
#5803 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Okay. Help me troubleshoot. Installed the opto board and having some issues. With no balls installed, 3rd and 4th one from the left are already lit. When I test them by running my finger over them, 1st and 2nd from the left work, and oddly, when the second one is lit, the third one goes out. Nothing changes about the 4th one. It always stays lit. And 5 and 6 don't respond at all to anything. Everything seems solidly soldered.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If already lit you just need to bend the diodes away from each other sightly. If they don’t respond at all then bend them a little closer to each other.

I too had to make a few minor adjustments, but it was quick and simple. Be sure to fully test with pinballs entering and leaving the trough before buttoning everything down.

I put the pin in service mode, blocked the center drain and then ejected balls one at a time. Then I removed block and let them all return. Drained all six a second time but only inserted one ball at a time. This should be enough to make any minor LED positioning adjustments you need.

#5804 5 years ago

Some of it was shorting out at least. I think it had poked through the 3d printed backing. I unmounted it and let it hang in the air. Now they all work except for the 5th one. It's always on. I tried bending one of the leds, but didn't do anything. I'll mess with it tomorrow. Once I figure it out, I'll put some kapton tape on the back of it to prevent any shorting. It's close to working.

#5805 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Some of it was shorting out at least. I think it had poked through the 3d printed backing. I unmounted it and let it hang in the air. Now they all work except for the 5th one. It's always on. I tried bending one of the leds, but didn't do anything. I'll mess with it tomorrow. Once I figure it out, I'll put some kapton tape on the back of it to prevent any shorting. It's close to working.

Please show a pic about back plastic. If you apply too much force, the leads at the back can damage this plastic, and can cause short circuit.
About 5th: before you do any change, put a non translucent piece of paper between transceiver (clear) and receiver (black) LED's. Green LED should turn off. In this case, adjust carefully LED's, bend the diodes away from each other slightly.
If the green LED stays on, most probably the board is damaged during short circuit load.

#5806 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I had the leads poke thru the backing. It started out acting flakey then I would consistently not get the LEDs to light up regardless... Pulled the board and noticed holes in the plastic. To fix it, I cut a piece of of felt to place between the board and the backer. Later Davi sent me the file, I have a 3d printer and I printed a thicker version.

#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Please show a pic about back plastic. If you apply too much force, the leads at the back can damage this plastic, and can cause short circuit.
About 5th: before you do any change, put a non translucent piece of paper between transceiver (clear) and receiver (black) LED's. Green LED should turn off. In this case, adjust carefully LED's, bend the diodes away from each other slightly.
If the green LED stays on, most probably the board is damaged during short circuit load.

Did a real quick test before I headed to work this morning. Stuck a piece of paper between the diodes and the light is still lit.

How do I go about checking to see what component(s) are bad?

#5808 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Did a real quick test before I headed to work this morning. Stuck a piece of paper between the diodes and the light is still lit.
How do I go about checking to see what component(s) are bad?

For easier troubleshooting, please send high resolution pictures to my email (PM sent).
I am looking for:
Pictures about backboard and board (for example backboard, then below the opto board)
Some close up pictures up at faulty area

Do you see any sign of burn, deformation at the housing of transistor and black opto receiver?
I will come back later today with more info.

#5809 4 years ago

Quoted from JohnJN:

Thanks davi

7oxford - Thanks, I will check it -- is there a way to make sure its firing straight...?

If you have an iPhone put the camera in SLO-MO mode and record a plunge. Then during playback you can edit and slow down the video at the time of ball release. If the plunger is off center the ball will bounce off the walls of the channel. The video link above shows mine shooting straight.

Other phones may have a similar function.

#5810 4 years ago
Quoted from 7oxford:

If you have an iPhone put the camera in SLO-MO mode and record a plunge. Then during playback you can edit and slow down the video at the time of ball release. If the plunger is off center the ball will bounce off the walls of the channel. The video link above shows mine shooting straight.
Other phones may have a similar function.

Sorry, yes I understand the video part - just not sure how to fix it if it’s not hitting it straight.

#5811 4 years ago

Installed the trough opto board and it all seems to work fine except the far left LED isn't lighting. In test mode, all six balls are recognized and if I back that final ball up with my finger, the test will count back to five balls, then back to six balls as I let the ball go back into its resting spot. In game, it loses count of the balls during multiball. I've soldered and resoldered the connections and tried adjusting the opto for that ball, so what's the fix here?

Hmm...nevermind, I guess. I fixed it by loosening the screw next to it by two turns. NICE.

#5812 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Installed the trough opto board and it all seems to work fine except the far left LED isn't lighting. In test mode, all six balls are recognized and if I back that final ball up with my finger, the test will count back to five balls, then back to six balls as I let the ball go back into its resting spot. In game, it loses count of the balls during multiball. I've soldered and resoldered the connections and tried adjusting the opto for that ball, so what's the fix here?
Hmm...nevermind, I guess. I fixed it by loosening the screw next to it by two turns. NICE.

Your LED leads are poking thru the plastic protector. I had a very similar issue.

#5813 4 years ago

Several hours later and I'm still messing with mounting this board to get it so every light is lit. In game, the shaker is rattling the mount loose since I don't have a drill to widen the hole and I broke one of the small screws off inside the hole where it mounts to. All because the mounting holes don't line up...

#5814 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Several hours later and I'm still messing with mounting this board to get it so every light is lit. In game, the shaker is rattling the mount loose since I don't have a drill to widen the hole and I broke one of the small screws off inside the hole where it mounts to. All because the mounting holes don't line up...

If the mounting holes don't line up...
Don't try to fix/mount the board, something will be damaged - in this case the screw.
If you can't (or don't want to) widen the hole, please send back the board to me, and I will give you a full refund.

#5815 4 years ago

I don't understand how the holes are not lining up for people. I thought this was the case for me at first, but then I realized they lined up perfectly if I used the higher hole on the right and the lower hole on the left. Once I did this it was perfect alignment, and even with the slight tilt regarding how the board is mounted it still works perfectly.

#5816 4 years ago

I put a new Roll Pin in last night on the right flipper link.

I had to take the whole housing out to do it. Thanks to those that told me the name of the part but boy... If i would have known you gotta hammer that sucker in i would have just bought a new unit. Great learning experience though! My JP Back online !

#5817 4 years ago

The holes on my opto board were slightly off as well. When I screwed one side completely down, the other side had issues. I broke two screws and stripped another one. Then, I started both screws just a bit and tightened until things were good enough. I'd say that probably helped in that I wouldn't end up going to far and end up going through the protector. I re-aligned afterwards to get things all light correctly and it's been golden ever since.

#5818 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I used the higher hole on the right and the lower hole on the left.

Those are the only holes close to the board. I thought that maybe I had it misaligned, but couldn't figure out anyway else it could have gone.

#5819 4 years ago

FYI, here is my ball trough board mounted. You can see the screw holes I used which aligned for me (circled in yellow) without any adjustments at all using two of the original screws from the removed switches. I just wonder if DE was not that exact from game to game with their hole positioning for mounting the switches.

bt_back.jpgbt_back.jpgbt_front.jpgbt_front.jpg

#5820 4 years ago

It's possible there were just loose tolerances when the trough switch mounts were being drilled and threaded. If Davi designed it to fit his game precisely, it may be that others have games where the holes don't match his exactly.

Those having issues with the LEDs shorting against the metal might get away with cutting some card stock or cereal box cardboard to make a backer to help with that.

#5821 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

It's possible there were just loose tolerances when the trough switch mounts were being drilled and threaded.

That is why the playfield plastics have one or two oblong slots.
In order to address this kind of problem. Good call.

#5822 4 years ago

Tried to get mine going again tonight. No luck. I just have one that won't respond. The light is always lit. Adjustments and even putting cardboard between the diodes doesn't do anything. Davi's trying to help. Been sending him photos and info. So he stands by his product which is nice, instead of just saying, "you didn't do it right, you dumbass."

#5823 4 years ago

Nice Club! I want to join this.. What is process?

#5824 4 years ago
Quoted from cologneled:

Buy a Jurassic Park pinball machine and you're in!

Seriously, open and free to all. Just click the star at top to flag as one of your favorites so you can see anytime new messages are posted. Feel free to contribute however and whenever you like.

#5825 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

It's possible there were just loose tolerances when the trough switch mounts were being drilled and threaded. If Davi designed it to fit his game precisely, it may be that others have games where the holes don't match his exactly.
Those having issues with the LEDs shorting against the metal might get away with cutting some card stock or cereal box cardboard to make a backer to help with that.

Yes, deviation can happen.
9,008 JP were made. Anyway, if there is small gap, a correction takes about 10 seconds with a 1$ drill.

#5826 4 years ago

Thanks to @davi, my power supply is all nice and tidy now.

IMG_E1722[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E1722[1] (resized).JPG
#5827 4 years ago

Installed my opto board from Davi today. Works great! Thanks Davi!

#5828 4 years ago

While I've got the machine pulled away from the wall to install the optoboard, I received and installed my ColorDMD. It looks pretty good. Still wish some colors were a little different, but the logo does look nice.

Instructions weren't the clearest, and omitted some things. Also flipped the board that gets remounted back on 180 degrees. Not sure why they didn't say to do it this way to begin with. The ribbon cable wasn't long enough to reach, but rotating 180 degrees, it was perfectly fine. And the other ribbon cable they provide was perfectly long enough to stretch across.

2019-04-28 12.25.44 (resized).jpg2019-04-28 12.25.44 (resized).jpg
#5829 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Thanks to davi, my power supply is all nice and tidy now.
[quoted image]

I am glad you like it.

#5830 4 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

Installed my opto board from Davi today. Works great! Thanks Davi!

One more opto board is up and running. Good to hear, thanks for feedback!

#5831 4 years ago

I think I just did something stupid. My Jurassic Park came with a subwoofer. It really makes the T-Rex roar. It is hooked up with alligator clips going from the speaker on the bottom to sub and has been operating for 3 months with no issue. I recently read how to hook up my hobbit to the same sub. I played a game and it rocked. I went over to the Jurrassic park afterwards and the sound was anemic and coming in and out of from loud to soft like certain speakers were only working intermediately. I didn't hear the woofer and looked at how it was plugged up. To my horror, I had switched the RCA jacks to the Output instead of the input on the woofer for my Jurassic Park. I had assumed (incorrectly) they were all inputs. When I was playing my Hobbit, the sound was going out to the sub and being powered from the sub to the speakers in the Jurassic Park. I have not troubleshot too much yet, but I am assuming I messed up the bottom speaker in my Jurassic Park. What do you guys think would be the most likely solution?

If it is the speaker, what is the best way to replace something like that?

#5832 4 years ago

Anyone looking for a used/ excellent condition DMD display for their JP, I have one for sale. No missing lines or dots. $125 shipped. PM me. Located in Santa Clarita California

#5833 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

It’s one of the up down switches on trex not registering. I had to bend the wire up just a little so it was making solid contact and activating the switch properly. Basically, the machine never sees the switch activate so it just leaves it down.
Mine would sometimes show in test mode but almost never worked in the game - I attributed this to the shaker causing extra vibrations.
I believe it was the top switch in the assembly that needed adjustment. So this would make it the “trex down position switch” - I think.

My trex still eats the ball, then comes halfway down and stays there the rest of the game until I hit start. Its intermittent. If I go into diagnostics mid game I can get him to go back up still. What is new is that sometimes when I go into diagnostics and try to move him right or left, he only moves left no matter what flipper I hit, but its intermittent also. In game, he sometimes wont move left or right to pick up the ball also. Any ideas?

#5834 4 years ago

Are all your switches working in test? Is he chomping after eating the ball? If not it might never recognize the up position or something and just cycle.

#5835 4 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

My trex still eats the ball, then comes halfway down and stays there the rest of the game until I hit start.

this was exactly my issue that ended up being the upper trex switch

Quoted from weasel671:

he only moves left no matter what flipper I hit, but its intermittent also. In game, he sometimes wont move left or right to pick up the ball also. Any ideas?

this sounds like a wiring issue since trex would be getting "hot" on the left regardless of being told left or right.

#5836 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

this was exactly my issue that ended up being the upper trex switch

this sounds like a wiring issue since trex would be getting "hot" on the left regardless of being told left or right.

The upper switch works fine in diagnostics. Maybe he's not far enough up when he hits the switch?

#5837 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Are all your switches working in test? Is he chomping after eating the ball? If not it might never recognize the up position or something and just cycle.

All switches register in diagnostics. When he eats the ball, he does chomp

#5838 4 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

The upper switch works fine in diagnostics. Maybe he's not far enough up when he hits the switch?

Mine would usually check out ok in diagnostics. Something about gameplay made it not work...

#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Mine would usually check out ok in diagnostics. Something about gameplay made it not work...

What exactly did you do to fix it?

#5840 4 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

What exactly did you do to fix it?

Quoted from ypurchn:

I had to bend the wire up just a little so it was making solid contact and activating the switch properly. Basically, the machine never sees the switch activate so it just leaves it down.
Mine would sometimes show in test mode but almost never worked in the game - I attributed this to the shaker causing extra vibrations.
I believe it was the top switch in the assembly that needed adjustment. So this would make it the “trex down position switch” - I think.

#5841 4 years ago

Just had my best game since I've owned the pin for a couple of months - 812M (5 ball, ROM v6.0). I made it all the way through shutdown, but I missed so many opportunities along the way. After playing JP over the past several weeks now, what keeps my attention are the mini-games within the game. You can make it all the way through the CRTs, but still not score well if you don't fulfill the challenges along the way.

#5842 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just had my best game since I've owned the pin for a couple of months - 812K (5 ball, ROM v6.0). I made it all the way through shutdown, but I missed so many opportunities along the way. After playing JP over the past several weeks now, what keeps my attention are the mini-games within the game. You can make it all the way through the CRTs, but still not score well if you don't fulfill the challenges along the way.

Nice score! I definitely agree the 6.0 code is a MASSIVE upgrade to this machine. When I first got mine and played the stock code I was considering selling it after a few weeks. Since I have installed the 6.0 code, done an LED conversion and dialedin/shopped the machine it is a real pleasure to play and is no longer on the chopping block!

My best game on 6.0 code had two Triballs, accomplished CHAOS once for the super jackpots and got system failure. My machine is set for 3 balls but I think I had two or three extra balls that game.

#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from cologneled:

Ship me a jurassic park pinball

#5844 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just had my best game since I've owned the pin for a couple of months - 812K (5 ball, ROM v6.0). I made it all the way through shutdown, but I missed so many opportunities along the way. After playing JP over the past several weeks now, what keeps my attention are the mini-games within the game. You can make it all the way through the CRTs, but still not score well if you don't fulfill the challenges along the way.

I hope you mean 812M, not 812K....right? Lol

#5845 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just had my best game since I've owned the pin for a couple of months - 812K (5 ball, ROM v6.0).

napoleon (resized).jpgnapoleon (resized).jpg

#5846 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I hope you mean 812M, not 812K....right? Lol

You're right, 820K would be a little braggadocios.

Quoted from SirScott:

[quoted image]

While I appreciate the meme (I did chuckle when I saw it), my point really isn't the score or to compare myself to anyone else. Rather, I'm just happy that I'm getting better and learning how to play the game. Obviously the score is probably the easiest and/or best way to measure one's improvement.

#5847 4 years ago

Don't know if everyone is aware of these lockbar rail decals, but next time you order rings/rubbers, you should consider them. Not that they are necessary (then again, that can be said for many things we put on our pins), but they do give an improved appearance every time you lift the playfield for maintenance. I have them on both my pins, and for some reason the nice finished look just makes me feel better than looking at the old tarnished/rusted piece of metal with missing/tattered stickers on it.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=133

#5848 4 years ago

Ive been disappointed in my scores this last year. Current high score on the machine is just over 600m. But just a few weeks after I got the game, and before I understood the rules, I set a 1.6 billion score. HAD ZERO idea how I even got that, and even thought it was an error and a switch was vibrating and giving me tons of points. After recounting the sounds I heard and the mode I knew I was in, it was confirmed here on the board that it was most likely indeed a genuine score.

Turned out I hit every shot I needed in Tri-ball pretty much instantly. I had no idea. That included the Jackpot, the CHAOS shots and the TRex with all 6 balls still on the table. I've never been able to do it since.

#5849 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if everyone is aware of these lockbar rail decals, but next time you order rings/rubbers, you should consider them. Not that they are necessary (then again, that can be said for many things we put on our pins), but it they do give an improved appearance every time you lift the playfield for maintenance. I have them on both my pins, and for some reason the nice finished look just makes me feel better than looking at the old tarnished/rusted piece of metal with missing/tattered stickers on it.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=133

Mr_Tantrum - great idea! post a pic!

#5850 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Don't know if everyone is aware of these lockbar rail decals, but next time you order rings/rubbers, you should consider them. Not that they are necessary (then again, that can be said for many things we put on our pins), but it they do give an improved appearance every time you lift the playfield for maintenance. I have them on both my pins, and for some reason the nice finished look just makes me feel better than looking at the old tarnished/rusted piece of metal with missing/tattered stickers on it.

That does look nice, and of course I just put an order in yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 10,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/117?hl=cologneled and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.