65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 203.
#5701 5 years ago

Man, I agreed with winteriscoming about Q27. I personally would have started with that also. oh well, you are up and running!!!!!

#5702 5 years ago

So I got game up and running, no errors. Only thing occurring is that the trex isn’t snatching up the ball. He goes down and doesn’t close the mouth, but when up chomps fine. Also tests fine. Any ideas? If I just just take glass of and move trex around it works for a bit then same thing.

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

So I got game up and running, no errors. Only thing occurring is that the trex isn’t snatching up the ball. He goes down and doesn’t close the mouth, but when up chomps fine. Also tests fine. Any ideas? If I just just take glass of and move trex around it works for a bit then same thing.

It could be an issue with the switch for the saucer in front of the t-rex. If the t-rex knocks the ball slightly on the way down, it may be letting up on the saucer switch and it might cause it to assume the ball jumped out, so it doesn't bite.

You could probably test for this in switch test - get to the test for the saucer, put a ball in, slightly knock the ball towards you and see how the switch registers.

You could also start a game and keep placing balls in the saucer for several pickup attempt to see if the t-rex is knocking it on the way down.

Another potential is flaky wiring such that when the t-rex bends forward, it causes a break in the wiring that is closed when the t-rex is up. You can test for that in t-rex diagnostics. Make the t-rex bend forward until the down switch is active and then trigger the jaw to see if it's working in the down position.

#5704 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Their was a clear plastic cover for the trough micro switches.
A lot of people/operators have removed this part from many
of the Data East games that where made.

JP did not have it

You can also see in the youtube chanel of vpcabs pinball he recently unboxed a JP realy cool!

#5705 5 years ago

Starting to build a collection of my custom mods, so thought I would put them all together in one link. You can see everything I have available here: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/jppinball, and just PM if you would like to purchase anything at anytime.

#5706 5 years ago

Just got to my second shutdown ever (my score was still bad, however). Fun thing when it happens.

BTW, I don't understand how to set the extra ball score. Can someone please explain the steps?

#5707 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just got to my second shutdown ever (my score was still bad, however). Fun thing when it happens.
BTW, I don't understand how to set the extra ball score. Can someone please explain the steps?

Do you mean setting the score for when you get a free game?

#5708 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Do you mean setting the score for when you get a free game?

Maybe. I have mine set to award a free ball instead of a game.

#5709 5 years ago

Should my J.P. be shooting balls out of the shooting lane into the pop bumpers every time? Or is it normal for it to miss occasionally? I replaced the bracket and gate, but have been getting the same results. It happens about once out of every 10 times.

#5710 5 years ago

Mr_Tantrum You will need to go into the Audit & Adjustment functions. Go past the last one, (#12 Expand Audits) to get to Adjustments. From there, you'll want to look at #4 Game Awards (Factory set to Credit). Hit start to switch from Credit to Extra Ball.

#5711 5 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

Should my J.P. be shooting balls out of the shooting lane into the pop bumpers every time? Or is it normal for it to miss occasionally? I replaced the bracket and gate, but have been getting the same results. It happens about once out of every 10 times.

Yes. Mine never misses.

#5712 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Yes. Mine never misses.

Wonder why mine does not?

#5713 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Mr_Tantrum You will need to go into the Audit & Adjustment functions. Go past the last one, (#12 Expand Audits) to get to Adjustments. From there, you'll want to look at #4 Game Awards (Factory set to Credit). Hit start to switch from Credit to Extra Ball.

Yes, I have done this. But how do I set the score at which an extra ball is awarded? It's weird in that it seems to change from game to game right now.

#5714 5 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

Wonder why mine does not?

Check the white rubber tip that is on your plunger. My launched balls started missing and I quickly figured out that the white rubber tip was coming loose and not fully seated on the shaft. I put a little double-sided tape on the shaft, reseated the rubber tip, and the ball upon launch hasn't failed to enter the pop section since.

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, I have done this. But how do I set the score at which an extra ball is awarded? It's weird in that it seems to change from game to game right now.

If it changes from game to game, check adjustment 16. Sound like Replay Boost is set to YES.

Also, take a look here https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=59

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

If it changes from game to game, check adjustment 16. Sound like Replay Boost is set to YES.
Also, take a look here https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=59

You were correct, I set #16 to no. That seemed to do the trick, now free ball is at the level set instead of randomly changing. Thanks.

#5717 5 years ago

Received my ball trough opto board from Davi yesterday, and since I didn't have anything better to do today I decided to take on the installation project.

First, I needed to trace a wire that a previous owner had installed and was connected to one of the switches. It went all the way from the white wire lead on switch 2, up through the backbox, and was spliced into the color wire for the same switch there. Long story short, I removed the wire, tested continuity on the original wire, and everything was good. I have no idea why somebody would bypass a perfectly good wire. Onto the opto board . . .

1) First thing I did was to tin all of the leads on the opto board (very crucial to do this before you install)
2) I already had a 12V supply coming from alternate source, so I hooked a wire into it - positive and ground (I used the dual wire I recovered from the no longer needed switch bypass), and with playfield lifted ran the wire through the cable management on the underside of the playfield up to where it would reach the opto board
3) Turned on pin and put a meter on the end of the newly installed wire to test for 12V (I was good), then turned off pin and lowered playfield to where braces were resting on lock bar area (i.e. end of playfield was slightly elevated and extended beyond the cabinet)
4) Put pin in service mode and ejected all 6 balls then turn pinned off
5) De-soldered all wires from 6 trough switches
6) Removed both screws from all switches to remove them (set two aside to use for mounting opto board)
7) Mounted opto board with backing in place (3D printed protector that came with the board) using 2 screws taken from removed switches (opto board mounting holes aligned with two of the existing threaded bracket holes)
8) Soldiered power wire to power pads on board (made sure neutral and positive were correct)
9) Turned power on to insure power was going to opto board (it was) and turned back off
10) Soldiered green/white pairs to appropriate station on the board
11) Turned on pin and manually tested optos, making slight adjustments where needed then turned off pin
12) Lowered playfield completely, powered on, and played a game
13) Success!

#5718 5 years ago

Davi's trough opto board survived the weekend at MGC. Not that I had any doubts, just want to help anyone who may doubt it's durability.

#5719 5 years ago

I've got one of the opto boards on the way from Davi. What was the shipping time for those in the US and did it require a signature?

#5720 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

I've got one of the opto boards on the way from Davi. What was the shipping time for those in the US and did it require a signature?

Not long at all. Maybe a couple weeks? No signature.

#5721 5 years ago

Quite fast. A week or two tops from what I recall. I was worried that the board would not arrive in time for MGC but it can a week or so beforehand.

#5722 5 years ago

It was crazy fast - shipped 4/11 and received 4/16. It did require a signature (at least I watched my wife sign for it on our security camera).

#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Received my ball trough opto board from Davi yesterday, and since I didn't have anything better to do today I decided to take on the installation project.
First, I needed to trace a wire that a previous owner had installed and was connected to one of the switches. It went all the way from the white wire lead on switch 2, up through the backbox, and was spliced into the color wire for the same switch there. Long story short, I removed the wire, tested continuity on the original wire, and everything was good. I have no idea why somebody would bypass a perfectly good wire. Onto the opt board . . .
1) First thing I did was to tin all of the leads on the opto board (very crucial to do this before you install)
2) I already had a 12V supply coming from alternate source, so I hooked a wire into it - positive and ground (I used the dual wire I recovered from the no longer needed switch bypass), and with playfield lifted ran the wire through the cable management on the underside of the playfield up to where it would reach the opto board
3) Turned on pin and put a meter on the end of the newly installed wire to test for 12V (I was good), then turned off pin and lowered playfield to where braces were resting on lock bar area (i.e. end of playfield was slightly elevated and extended beyond the cabinet)
4) Put pin in service mode and ejected all 6 balls then turn pinned off
5) De-soldered all wires from 6 trough switches
6) Removed both screws from all switches to remove them (set two aside to use for mounting opto board)
7) Mounted opto board using 2 screws taken from removed switches
8) Soldiered power wire to power pads on board (made sure neutral and positive were correct)
9) Turned power on to insure power was going to opto board (it was) and turned back off
10) Soldiered green/white pairs to appropriate station on the board
11) Turned on pin and manually tested optos, making slight adjustments where needed then turned off pin
12) Lowered playfield completely, powered on, and played a game
13) Success!

Wow, great summary, thank you!

#5724 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Davi's trough opto board survived the weekend at MGC. Not that I had any doubts, just want to help anyone who may doubt it's durability.

Good to hear, thanks for this test!

#5725 5 years ago

Got mine today. To answer your question differently Winter, yes, you may need to sign for it. I got a slip in my mailbox that said it needed a signature. I signed the slip and said to leave in the mailbox. Got the opto board today.

Need to get the 12v source figured out, and will be installing it. Might try to do it the following weekend.

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It was crazy fast - shipped 4/11 and received 4/16. It did require a signature (at least I watched my wife sign for it on our security camera).

I think that's when mine shipped or maybe the day before. Does your tracking number work on USPS? It's not showing as a valid number for them, and the Magyar Posta tracking site shows no activity since the 11th.

I'm not overly concerned about the shipping time. I'm mainly hoping it arrives before I head out of town if it requires a signature.

#5727 5 years ago

I think that's when mine shipped or maybe the day before. Does your tracking number work on USPS? It's not showing as a valid number for them, and the Magyar Posta tracking site shows no activity since the 11th.
I'm not overly concerned about the shipping time. I'm mainly hoping it arrives before I head out of town if it requires a signature.

Don't worry, yours will show up this week.
Woody24's tracking number still at 'Handover for international transport' status - same as yours.
This tracking system is strange, and visible until the Hungarian border only, then God knows, what's going on after

#5728 5 years ago

Mine was same with last activity showing 4/11, and was not able to figure out how to track after that. Not sure who delivered it, but since I live in DFW (an international flight hub) maybe mine arrived a day or two before yours will.

FYI, I just grabbed packaging out of trash, and it did say on it "signature required".
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5729 5 years ago

I'm mainly hoping it arrives before I head out of town if it requires a signature.

Ive had luck just leaving a post-it with a note to leave and my sigurature if I'm expecting a package that may require one.

#5730 5 years ago

Also, I signed up for USPS Informed Delivery last week. Its a cool service where they send you an email with the photos of the pieces of mail youre going to get for that day. This package wasn't included in that list. Not sure why. Others have been.

#5731 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure Newman is my postal service driver. He once left an undeliverable note cause the "gate was closed". To this day, I have never seen a gate at my driveway.

#5732 5 years ago

My wife just said it was our regular USPS guy that delivered.

#5733 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I'm pretty sure Newman is my postal service driver. He once left an undeliverable note cause the "gate was closed". To this day, I have never seen a gate at my driveway.

Ha! 2 weeks ago I had a delivery from Amazon. Around here Amazon has their own "Uber" type of service for delivering their packages. I got a notice that the package had been delivered, and it was "handed directly to the resident." Wasn't me. I look outside, and don't see anything on my doorstep. I started wondering which of my neighbors he delivered it to. Then I check, it was in the mailbox.

#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Ha! 2 weeks ago I had a delivery from Amazon. Around here Amazon has their own "Uber" type of service for delivering their packages. I got a notice that the package had been delivered, and it was "handed directly to the resident." Wasn't me. I look outside, and don't see anything on my doorstep. I started wondering which of my neighbors he delivered it to. Then I check, it was in the mailbox.

We have the same for most Amazon deliveries except the take a picture of the package although I've never had one handed to me.

#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

We have the same for most Amazon deliveries except the take a picture of the package although I've never had one handed to me.

that photo came in handy too. Had a packaged delivered to a neighbor's house by accident. Was able to use the photo to tell which neighbor had it.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Check the white rubber tip that is on your plunger. My launched balls started missing and I quickly figured out that the white rubber tip was coming loose and not fully seated on the shaft. I put a little double-sided tape on the shaft, reseated the rubber tip, and the ball upon launch hasn't failed to enter the pop section since.

I checked the white rubber tip. It seems good. Thank you for the insight. Someone else had posted that you can adjust the metal scoop at the end of the shooting lane. Apparently it has slotted holes in it. The ball was hitting the top of the gate and/or hitting the yellow target by it. I adjusted it all the way down. Getting a pretty good percentage going into the pop bumpers now, but still not 100%

#5737 5 years ago

You can also check to make sure the whole auto launch assembly (mounting bracket) is not loose, that could cause an inconsistant launch.

#5738 5 years ago

mine made it in 4 days from time of him sending me the tracking number. stupid fast

yes sig was required. mail lady woke my slipping kids up from nap. which lead to a "WTF did you buy now" text from wifey...

#5739 5 years ago
Quoted from weasel671:

I checked the white rubber tip. It seems good. Thank you for the insight. Someone else had posted that you can adjust the metal scoop at the end of the shooting lane. Apparently it has slotted holes in it. The ball was hitting the top of the gate and/or hitting the yellow target by it. I adjusted it all the way down. Getting a pretty good percentage going into the pop bumpers now, but still not 100%

I ended up having to take out a screw to get the metal ball diverter to align at an angle that would work. It's still weird in my mind because it worked great before I shopped it out, after shopping, missed a lot. here's my old post and fix

Quoted from ypurchn:

Lonzo for the win again! Unfortunately I had to move mine so far forward in the notch for the 1st screw that I couldn’t get the 2nd screw back in. [quoted image]
I’ll give the coil cleanup a try because it didn’t do for the first 10 or so times after I started the pin up but progressively got worst as I continued to cycle the plunger. Perhaps it’s also coil and heat related too.

#5740 5 years ago

Who here has removed their side rails for painting or replacement before? Just wondering how difficult it was on this pin and if there are any tips or tricks I need to know before attempting.

Also, what type of tape/adhesive did you use to replace them?

#5741 5 years ago

For those with PinSound+ boards in their JP's -- did you all also install the DE Power Booster when you did your install?

The install video on their website doesn't mention it at all for this board, but did come inside the full DE pin sound package so I installed it with the board.... that's fine right?

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnJN:

For those with PinSound+ boards in their JP's -- did you all also install the DE Power Booster when you did your install?
The install video on their website doesn't mention it at all for this board, but did come inside the full DE pin sound package so I installed it with the board.... that's fine right?

Yes. I did install the power booster. Works fine.

#5743 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbear:

Yes. I did install the power booster. Works fine.

Thanks Pinbear

#5744 5 years ago

Just finished a deep cleaning and minor restoration on my playfield. I decided to add a few extra items, like palm trees, Jeep, pteranodons, raptor, Titan rubbers, and Comet LEDs. I know some people either like or hate some of those “mods”, but for now I’m enjoying the added dimension. And if for any reason I, or the next owner, wants to remove any of them it’s as easy as unscrewing a nut.

I’m still wanting to backlight the “when dinos rules the earth” and backdrop plastics, but that will be at a later time.

It was also my first time flame polishing a plastic ramp and I was very pleased with how the ramp and subway turned out. Pretty much came out crystal clear.

Here are some before, during, and after pictures.

236F9E47-4A22-45DE-996A-6DA77E7FE3C8.jpeg236F9E47-4A22-45DE-996A-6DA77E7FE3C8.jpegD416AB4B-23E8-47D0-AE82-29817ECE9196.jpegD416AB4B-23E8-47D0-AE82-29817ECE9196.jpegD4064930-D297-4151-829B-C060A1A7C681.jpegD4064930-D297-4151-829B-C060A1A7C681.jpeg49968279-D2B6-4D48-8AE4-FDA9560CB4CD.jpeg49968279-D2B6-4D48-8AE4-FDA9560CB4CD.jpeg49D4ECB8-C6DB-4BD2-B29C-F9D0276AF58C.jpeg49D4ECB8-C6DB-4BD2-B29C-F9D0276AF58C.jpeg
#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Just finished a deep cleaning and minor restoration on my playfield. I decided to add a few extra items, like palm trees, Jeep, pteranodons, raptor, Titan rubbers, and Comet LEDs. I know some people either like or hate some of those “mods”, but for now I’m enjoying the added dimension. And if for any reason I, or the next owner, wants to remove any of them it’s as easy as unscrewing a nut.
I’m still wanting to backlight the “when dinos rules the earth” and backdrop plastics, but that will be at a later time.
It was also my first time flame polishing a plastic ramp and I was very pleased with how the ramp and subway turned out. Pretty much came out crystal clear.
Here are some before, during, and after pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Much better, nice job.

#5746 5 years ago

Just got my custom apron cards from @mikonos. Great quality, price, and communication. The chrome vinyl they are printed on give them a foil pokemon card type of effect. They have a nice UV resistant coating. They feel really durable. I got them in just in time for a party my wife was throwing last night. Got a lot of compliments on them. No one ever even noticed the stock set.

20190420_180949 (resized).jpg20190420_180949 (resized).jpg20190420_181101 (resized).jpg20190420_181101 (resized).jpg20190420_183038 (resized).jpg20190420_183038 (resized).jpg20190420_183029 (resized).jpg20190420_183029 (resized).jpg
#5747 5 years ago

Hey Guys
Hope everyone is having lots of fun with the JPs

I was playing mine today and right flipper went dead !

Anyway the little metal cylinder that was in the flipper link fell out ( pic for demonstration)
Can anyone tell me where i can get a new part to link this to the arm ?

Happy Easter and Passover !

20190420_211131 (resized).jpg20190420_211131 (resized).jpg
#5748 5 years ago

Lol i didnt want the party to stop so i cut a nail and slipped it in with the head up for now

#5749 5 years ago

It's called a roll pin - don't remember the size, but it should be in the bottom of the machine. Take it to a hardware store - they may have the right size to replace it.

#5750 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

It's called a roll pin - don't remember the size, but it should be in the bottom of the machine. Take it to a hardware store - they may have the right size to replace it.

Thanks hope home depot carries them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.