65CAB543-E774-4E3F-BE43-41A065718418 (resized).jpeg
172457CB-CDD8-4220-83F8-23B672578DD2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4931 (resized).jpeg
71ZSWlVWEuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (2) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

59 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 203.
#5501 5 years ago

Okay, I need some help with my T-Rex side movement. I have read everything I can find, but did not uncover my exact scenario. Previous owner told me he had disabled side movement and he hadn’t had time to diagnose, so thought I would give it a try. Here is the situation this far:
- Blue power cable for motor was disconnected, so I reconnected for my testing (disconnected when done since I don’t want the motor running full time).
- Manual side movement is not possible (i.e. try to turn the T-rex by hand and it won't budge - no play in it at all).
- Removed motor from gearbox and manual movement is free (of course) and when looking into gearbox it appears that the gear that is visible is fully intact with all teeth.
- While motor is disconnected when I turn on pin the motor begins to run and never stops running.
- In T-Rex test mode, motor does reverse direction back and forth with press of left and right flipper buttons.
- If I hold the long gear that is attached to the motor while running, I can easily stop its rotation, but seems like the motor itself is still spinning (ie the gear is slipping).
- Voltage to motor is pretty constant 4.5V.

My first thought is why is the motor spinning at all times? Why is this not enough force to turn T-rex, and has this trashed the motor?

#5502 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thinking about adding the two Pteranodons to my game (missing them). I found the birds, but can anyone tell me what diameter of piano/music wire I should use to mount them?

Do yourself a favor and get a pair of Papo pteranodons. The stock versions look like crap, and the movie didn't even have any in it anyway (but let's ignore that for now). At least the Papo versions look like the ones from JP3.

#5503 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Do yourself a favor and get a pair of Papo pteranodons. The stock versions look like crap, and the movie didn't even have any in it anyway (but let's ignore that for now). At least the Papo versions look like the ones from JP3.

I was looking at these (inexpensive): ebay.com link: Data East Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Pteranodon Bird Set A MUST HAVE New

#5504 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was looking at these (inexpensive): ebay.com link » Data East Jurassic Park Pinball Machine Pteranodon Bird Set A Must Have New

If you're looking for stock versions, those are not stock. That's someone trying to mark up some cheap (and cheap-looking) toys. They're no better than the stock ones, but they aren't stock.

#5505 5 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

If you're looking for stock versions, those are not stock. That's someone trying to mark up some cheap (and cheap-looking) toys. They're no better than the stock ones, but they aren't stock.

Not looking for stock. Just something similar.

Is this something like you are suggesting? Not sure what size I am looking for, but don't want them overly large (e.g. would like similar size to originals). https://www.amazon.com/Papo-The-Dinosaur-Figure-Pteranodon/dp/B000GL1BHO/ref=sr_1_1

Just read questions. One person measures as having an 9" wingspan (sounds way too big).

Also, I see what you mean by the Papo quality. There stuff looks highly detailed compared to everything else I've seen.

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not looking for stock. Just something similar.
Is this something like you are suggesting? Not sure what size I am looking for, but don't want them overly large (e.g. would like similar size to originals). amazon.com link »
Just read questions. One person measures as having an 9" wingspan (sounds way too big).
Also, I see what you mean by the Papo quality. There stuff looks highly detailed compared to everything else I've seen.

That's the one. They're not overly large. I used a heat gun to pose them differently, and curled the wings down more than they were.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/share-your-jurassic-park-mods/page/4#post-1092094

#5507 5 years ago

From a support thread I created, things seem to be pointing to my gearbox. I've searched everywhere, but cannot seem to find an explanation on how to remove it from the game. Can someone please detail for me (or point me to a place that already describes it) how to remove the gearbox? I assume you have to somehow pull the entire T-Rex assembly, but I can't figure out how to do that either.

#5508 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Correct, if you lift the playfield all the way up there would be an eyelet bolt on the bottom of the playfield that you would hook the bungee onto to keep it upright.

Looks like I'm missing the eyelet (I see a hole where it should be). Oh well, don't know that I need it anyway.

#5509 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like I'm missing the eyelet (I see a hole where it should be). Oh well, don't know that I need it anyway.

If I'm recalling correctly, there's a t-nut in the bottom of the cab that the eyebolt threads through. You can get a replacement at the hardware store. Not sure on thread size off hand.

Mine didn't have the eyebolt or the strap. I found a suitable replacement black rubber strap with metal hooks on the ends in the towing section of Lowes.

It's handy when working under the pf.

#5510 5 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

On the flipper board start with diode 6, Q10 (TIP36) and Q9 (TIP32) if any of those have failed.

Ended up replacing diode 6 and Q9 and I'm back in business. Thanks!

#5511 5 years ago

What have you guys done for the backbox glare? It doesn't bother me, but my wife is really short (less than 5 foot tall) and complains about the glare. I bought her a DMD glare eliminator that I'm going to install this weekend to help with that issue. I've removed some of the GI bulbs in the backbox. Anyone have a EnerGI Maestro? Does dimming the bulbs using this help with the glare?

#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

What have you guys done for the backbox glare? It doesn't bother me, but my wife is really short (less than 5 foot tall) and complains about the glare. I bought her a DMD glare eliminator that I'm going to install this weekend to help with that issue. I've removed some of the GI bulbs in the backbox. Anyone have a EnerGI Maestro? Does dimming the bulbs using this help with the glare?

I just use a bent plastic, but I'm 6'3". I'm sure the DMD glare eliminator will go a long way, but she still may have some backbox glare.

Alternatively, you could get here a stool to stand on when playing

#5513 5 years ago

DMD Glare eliminator is a miracle worker on JP. If you have any LED's in the back box take them out. I have lighted the back of the playfield it helps brighten things up. I also have added a couple spotlights one on the left sling to light the middle of the playfield and one by the third flipper to light up that area. I find if you light things up well under the glass it helps cut down the outside lights reflected off it.

#5514 5 years ago

Remove some of the GI bulbs behind the white lettering, that helps. A dmd glare eliminator lens or plastic shield will help, too. Additionally, if you do the backboard lighting mod, that will help with the dmd glare.

edit: haha, yes pretty much what Darscot said ^^

#5515 5 years ago

Or get the invisibly glass. Ouch, it is expensive.

#5516 5 years ago

Thanks for the advise. Her major complaint is the glare from the backbox. I might try removing even more bulbs.Anyone have the EnerGI Maestro and could vouch for it's effectiveness for my problem?

I've been thinking about lighting the backboard. Not to help with the backbox glare. I just think it will look awesome. I like what Lonzo did on his restore with the backboard. Seemed really budget friendly.

Invisglass is not in the budget, but I really do need a new piece of glass. I just spent my pinball budget on an LED upgrade. Best money I've spent in awhile. Completely changed the look of the inserts. I didn't realize how filthy the underside of my inserts were until I was cleaning them while changing the bulbs

#5517 5 years ago

GI maestro won't solve that problem because it works for ALL the G.I. but is great for the blinding strobing effect.

#5518 5 years ago

I did the same thing as Darscot and put a spotlight on the left sling and up by the 3rd flipper as well to light the playfield up better.

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I did the same thing as Darscot and put a spotlight on the left sling and up by the 3rd flipper as well to light the playfield up better.

Mind posting a pic when you get a chance so I can compare to my setup?

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

OK, so I purchased the “correct” sleeve, and it looks exactly like the ones thats already in there....
Im still having issues. The game still doesnt recognize that there is a ball in the trough vuk. It will leave a ball sitting there and think that a ball is missing and go into ball search during multiball.
The switch tests fine in diagnostics, AND I replaced the switch based on chadh recomendation that ut could be bad if it tests good.
What the fuq is wrong with this stupid machine? Im super pissed right now. [quoted image]

The VUK should have a flanged sleeve. I had issues with mine until i put the proper sleeve in, works every time now. Make sure that trough switch is being triggered by the weight of the ball.

#5521 5 years ago

Sometimes i shouldn't read this thread, LOL, just ordered a EnerGI Maestro...

Finally got done going through my JP and un-doing all the work from previous owners that shouldn't be allowed near games... things are properly soldered, shrinked tubed etc now... replaced fuse holders that were jumpered etc... replaced burnt connectors and replaced main power wiring that was twisted together and electrical taped... and many others... fun times

Also installed:
X-pin power supply, replace burnt/exploded GI connectors as well
Pinsound full speaker and board kit with headphone station
ColorDMD
OCD board for inserts (had from Williams game)
Full LED's on entire game
Titan rubber rings
Invisiglass (had a sheet)
Put a new red translucent insert in front of T-Rex and then lighted it with a red LED (linked to feed T-Rex)
White egg (ceramic ball)
Ninja pinballs
Replaced the legs with properly length black legs, black bolts and black levelers
Removed hardware wood screw that was in the left outlane post position... ridiculous... installed proper post and repaired the hole

I do have a brand new MPU-004 from Rottendog that I didn't end up needing, i'll posting that for sale soon if anyone needs one.

Think that's about it... been a long couple of weeks getting everything together...

#5522 5 years ago

That G.I. maestro is worth every penny.

#5523 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

That G.I. maestro is worth every penny.

First I've ever heard of it. Just checked out the website & watched all the videos. Very cool product for $123 shipped! All of his vids are on a LAH, so was wondering how many GI lines does JP have and what does each light?

#5524 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

**** Ball Trough Opto Board Update ****
Good news, 1st batch is ready. 2nd (last) batch is in progress, will be ready in 2 weeks. Only 10 boards, 3 slots left.
I am going to contact all of you about payment and shipping information.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Opto boards without harness are on they way!
Boards with harness: planned to send next week.
Thank you guys for your support and for nice feedback.

Sidenote:
I've got no feedback from these guys to my shipping/payment PM:
nocreditdot
JP1993
Groucho

I have purchased all the parts, and assembled the boards based on your commitment. I guess we are all adults and able to communicate and make decisions.

#5525 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First I've ever heard of it. Just checked out the website & watched all the videos. Very cool product for $123 shipped! All of his vids are on a LAH, so was wondering how many GI lines does JP have and what does each light?

Honestly I'm not sure, I just used it to control all of the g.i. to fade down to dim and back to full instead of strobe on and off. Gets rid of the relay click as well. Makes a huge difference in modes like chaos MB.

#5526 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

GI maestro won't solve that problem because it works for ALL the G.I. but is great for the blinding strobing effect.

You know i guess i just set it up and never tinkered with it after the fact, but from what I'm reading now maybe you CAN use it to dim the backbox by itself, I'll have to dink around with it some more when I get some time.

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Opto boards without harness are on they way!
Boards with harness: planned to send next week.
Thank you guys for your support and for nice feedback.
Sidenote:
I've got no feedback from these guys to my shipping/payment PM:
nocreditdot
jp1993
groucho
bigcat68
I have purchased all the parts, and assembled the boards based on your commitment. I guess we are all adults and able to communicate and make decisions.

I’ll take someone’s slot if it comes to that.

#5528 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

You know i guess i just set it up and never tinkered with it after the fact, but from what I'm reading now maybe you CAN use it to dim the backbox by itself, I'll have to dink around with it some more when I get some time.

I put two relays in the backbox. That turn the backbox GI off whenever the flippers are active. I’m sure Stern stole my idea when they added that adjustment to new pins.

#5529 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I put two relays in the backbox. That turn the backbox GI off whenever the flippers are active. I’m sure Stern stole my idea when they added that adjustment to new pins.

Any pics/instructions of the install?

#5530 5 years ago

Had an issue come up today. The lower half of my gi is out including ny 2 coin door lights. I checked the connector on the PPB and the fuses. Everything was fine. Any gi connected to Yellow and white yellow writes are out. How do I go about fixing this. I've also checked all the lamp sockets on that gives line and the wires look good

#5531 5 years ago

Connector on the upper right power supply. Same colors as the PPb connector

#5532 5 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Connector on the upper right power supply. Same colors as the PPb connector

That one checks out too

#5533 5 years ago

Special request - power supply box

20190331_153425 (resized).jpg20190331_153425 (resized).jpg
#5534 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Special request - power supply box[quoted image]

Ooooooo! Thats cool!

#5535 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Special request - power supply box[quoted image]

You gotta post the price too! Lol

#5536 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

From a support thread I created, things seem to be pointing to my gearbox. I've searched everywhere, but cannot seem to find an explanation on how to remove it from the game. Can someone please detail for me (or point me to a place that already describes it) how to remove the gearbox? I assume you have to somehow pull the entire T-Rex assembly, but I can't figure out how to do that either.

Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm going to look at one later today that is stuck left.

#5537 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm going to look at one later today that is stuck left.

Nope. I'm at the point where I can't figure out how to remove the entire assembly which is required if you are going to detach the gearbox (there are 3 screws attaching the gearbox accessible from topside, but one of them is completely covered by a metal plate above it). Trying to get someone who has actually done it before to instruct me or at least have someone point me to where it is documented (I've not been able to find anything yet).

#5538 5 years ago

Had friends over last night and the bottom right flipper started flaking out on me. It stopped working intermittently then completely stopped altogether even though the upper right flipper worked fine. Didn't take time to lift the playfield then, but will look at it later today. I'm assuming possible loose wire somewhere in the line, but any other pointers are appreciated.

Also, I've seemed to have lost the spring on my lockbar handle (literally, it has disappeared and I can't find it - who knows where it shot off to). Can someone please post a pic of the spring and where it attaches so that I can install it correctly if I can find a replacement?

#5539 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Special request - power supply box

That looks great. What material are you using, and do you think it has enough ventilation? I've never bothered to touch the power supply installed in my cabinet to see what kind of heat it generates.

#5540 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

That one checks out too

Had time this morning to poke around some more. I was converting my game over to LED last night. This was the last socket I did before I had this line of GI go out. It's the bulb between the shooter lane and the T-Rex head on the play field. After reading some last night, it seem that if there is a problem at the beginning of the gi they are daisy chained and none below the issue will light. Can anyone confirm if this is the first socket on the yellow wire GI? If this socket is the problem , can i unsolder the socket and leave the wire twisted together and should the rest of the strand work?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#5541 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nope. I'm at the point where I can't figure out how to remove the entire assembly which is required if you are going to detach the gearbox (there are 3 screws attaching the gearbox accessible from topside, but one of them is completely covered by a metal plate above it). Trying to get someone who has actually done it before to instruct me or at least have someone point me to where it is documented (I've not been able to find anything yet).

After doing a little more reading have you tried reflowing solder on the relay board under the PF and fuse board above the shaker?

Intermittent flippers on DE games a lot of times is EOS related. Try squeezing the contacts together briefly and tapping the button and see if they come alive. Also solder / connections on the flipper board inside the cab.

#5542 5 years ago

Jurassic Park t- Rex.
I had mine apart about a year ago, so I am doing this by memory.
Around the dino, there is a blue plastic, got to take it off(3 screws, I think)
Underneath, unplug 4 connectors for dino assembly
Remove plastic subway ramp
I believe there are 4 screws holding the dino assembly to bottom of playfield, remove those and pull the whole thing out from the bottom.
It may seem overwhelming, but it's pretty simple

With all that in hand you can then remove both
motors and clean everything.

Hope this helps

#5543 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I would imagine you'd remove the top, side components and then remove the assembly from underneath. The t-rex itself isn't too hard to disassemble. You bend it forward in t-rex test, turn off power, unscrew the collar plastic with 3 screws, unscrew the head/back piece with one screw, lift t-rex up and unscrew the chest piece with 2 screws. De-solder or unplug the solenoid on the back of the t-rex. The t-rex frame pivots forward on a rod held in with c-clip. The rod has a spring around it, too. Remove one c-clip and slide the rod out, taking care to catch the spring. Now all top-side parts are removed.

I'm not as familiar with bottom-side components, but can't imagine it's too bad once all top-side stuff is removed.

Edit: per post above, maybe you don't need to remove t-rex, just the collar piece.

#5544 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That looks great. What material are you using, and do you think it has enough ventilation? I've never bothered to touch the power supply installed in my cabinet to see what kind of heat it generates.

This is standard PLA. Recommended only for high efficiency switching power supplies, without fan. I have no experience about performance - more holes can be added later.

#5545 5 years ago

Yes, the t- Rex itself does not need to be removed. Just the collar plastic with three screws. Whole assembly should pull out. only thing I don't remember is, if you have to let t- Rex bend a little and shut game to stop him from going all the way down.

#5546 5 years ago

So T-Rex operating theory question...

I was having some intermittent issues where T-rex would only go halfway. One thing I noticed in test mode is that in theory, once the motor hits the up or bottom switch, it would stop (in the game, not test mode) and then reverse direction. However if it rotated past the switch, then it would be able to go behind the opposite switch. In theory this would cause a situation where it would only register up (going behind the bottom switch) or bottom (going behind the up switch). It appears to stop and reverse if it hits resistance as well.

Anyways, that seemed odd to me, so I took the very ends of the switches and bent them about 45 degrees, this eliminates the possibly for the peg to rotate behind the switch. Instead it can rotate all day long and always hit the top/bottom switches without ever going behind. My T-Rex has been 100% since doing that.

Not sure what the switch leafs are supposed to look like, mine were just flat.

#5547 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I want it for my 12v power supplies that I have for my mods. Would clean that up nicely. Fancy red box looks better than two black boxes. I wonder if I could mount them to expose the D-plug power on one side....hmmm

#5548 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I want it for my 12v power supplies that I have for my mods. Would clean that up nicely. Fancy red box looks better than two black boxes. I wonder if I could mount them to expose the D-plug power on one side....hmmm

I agree, and it looks awesome. My questions were not intended to be critical, rather, I was just curious in case I wanted to make one for myself.

#5549 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for the T-Rex instruction. I hope to maybe try again in a few days.

#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thank you everyone for the T-Rex instruction. I hope to maybe try again in a few days.

Certainly take a ton of pics. If you're able to document the definitive steps, I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 10,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/111?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.