Topic Stats

• 7,150 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by jamex
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,653 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3100 (resized).JPG
IMG_3099 (resized).JPG
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_3097 (resized).JPG
IMG_3095 (resized).JPG
IMG_3094 (resized).JPG
IMG_3093 (resized).JPG
IMG_3092 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
20191113_193626 (resized).jpg
jp-rubbers (resized).PNG
15731544016047818554563461197544 (resized).jpg
15731543029144165323966519385247 (resized).jpg
E309E618-4A50-4AA8-A796-FD7D507193B2 (resized).jpeg
3930A69B-6CA8-4AC1-AA6F-EE7EB5D3E906 (resized).jpeg
CC1D61D4-533D-4962-BD7B-0E172596ED56 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 143.
#501 4 years ago

Hey, Chad. Your game looks great! I really like the T-Rex. Did you have any trouble installing the gate?

#502 4 years ago

Cant wait to get mine too!

#503 4 years ago

Man, I've got to get my machine working so I can get a gate. I also need an 8 foot tall version to put on my driveway.

#504 4 years ago

my machine is down too at the moment but i ordered the gate anyways Chad, your T Rex is so freaking awesome! I'll post new pics when my gate arrives

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

Hey, Chad. Your game looks great! I really like the T-Rex. Did you have any trouble installing the gate?

No troubles at all.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Chad, your T Rex is so freaking awesome!

This is the T-Rex being made by Winteriscoming. Yes... it is awesome! Read more about it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress

#506 4 years ago

AHHH. I want a JP machine so bad! Gotta sell my current one first, and then find a JP.

#507 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

AHHH. I want a JP machine so bad! Gotta sell my current one first, and then find a JP.

Sell your currnet one first? Blasphemy!

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Sell your currnet one first? Blasphemy!

Heh. Space is 1st concern. Only have made enough space in my house to have one machine. Second would be to free up the cash to purchase another machine. I'm easing my way into the hobby.

One day I plan on having a basement or game room with a few machines.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Looking good.

What, no back lit banner? Slacker!

#510 4 years ago

Here is a video of GoodToBeDad's ramp Gate mod... but being controlled by a PIG 2.

Why control it with a PIG 2??? I mentioned this in another thread but I'll paste it here:

The problem with the lamps on the JP gate are that they are off all the time. The only time they ever come on is to flash with Bone Busting mode and with Victory mode. Other than that, they are off. Even in attract mode, they stay off.

Here's where the PIG 2 comes in. The PIG 2 is highly customizable. One of the functions it can do is "invert" an output. This means that when something is on, it is inverted to be off... and when something is off, it is inverted to be on.

This is PERFECT for the JP gate lamps. Now, instead of the lamps always being off, they are on... and when the Bone Busting or Victory mode are played, they flash off and on (instead of on and off, but same result).

And this is just using one of the INs and one of the OUTs of the PIG 2. There are three more INs and three more OUTs plus two servo controllers (perfect for controlling a movable gate door?) for other mods.

#511 4 years ago

Hi ChadH,

I know virtually nothing about PIG 2s. How had is this to step up up?

OK, quick search and found PIG 2. Still would like input on the set-up and difficulty. This looks very interesting. Great effect on GoodToBeDad's gate.

#512 4 years ago

Chad you can't include those features with the new rules?

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

What, no back lit banner? Slacker!

Challenge accepted. Lit banner and back plastic.

image.jpg

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Challenge accepted. Lit banner and back plastic.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

D'oh! Yeah, well, where's the electric fence?

#515 4 years ago

In no way a challenge but I'm happy with goat and insert light

image.jpg
#516 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

In no way a challenge but I'm happy with goat and insert light

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You should make the light red and tie it to the red feed Trex light.

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You should make the light red and tie it to the red feed Trex light.

It is tied in to that circuit, I put a red LED in but the insert is yellow and it looks weird so I just went with a warm white LED.

#518 4 years ago

I like your goat placement. Did you use a wire? Ive been using wire and hot glue, but i wasnt sure where to put it so input it along the back right side in front of the dock saucer area.

#519 4 years ago

I used that grey double sided tape with the red wrap. It sticks like crazy, but if you do want it off, a couple seconds with a blow dryer and it just lets go. If you look close you can see it just under the feet. The trees where attached with hot glue when I got the table but they started falling off so I redid them with the same tape and they seem solid now.

P.S. The goat lights up kinda cool with the pops in that spot too.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It is tied in to that circuit, I put a red LED in but the insert is yellow and it looks weird so I just went with a warm white LED.

Ahh, right! Still looks awesome!

#521 4 years ago

Hi guys, I was playing JP last night, and I got to System Failure (what a sweet effect!). I didn't know what i was doing but walked away with 85 million. My question is, what's the strategy for System Failure? Just keep balls alive, go for pops? Any secrets?

Thanks!

#522 4 years ago

Only reached system failure once, and was also just flabbing the flippers basically, its a total chaos (ka-ching) with 6 balls. But since its about getting as many switches as possible I would bet on bumpers

#523 4 years ago

Cool. It's just crazy when the balls keep coming. I tried to drain a few so I could focus on hitting shots, but thats probably not the best way to rack up points.

So is the biggest (and best) scoring strategy in JP the Chaos multiball after collecting jackpots in regular multi?

#524 4 years ago

Theres a papa write up on scoring strategy.

#525 4 years ago

Found a FS ad here on Pinside for an NOS topper from someone in Canada who could deliver to Allentown. A pinball buddy of mine who was headed up picked it up for me there. Very happy to have the "final piece" of JP coming in soon!

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I tried to drain a few so I could focus on hitting shots

Only "problem" is that they are spit right back into the game

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I was playing JP last night, and I got to System Failure

Congrats! I still have yet to accomplish that feat! Maybe I'll go home tonight and take off the glass!

#528 4 years ago

i really need to get my game back up and running. Reading about it gets me all giddy then i cant play. ahhh

#529 4 years ago

Intentionally draining during SF is a good idea, because it launches the balls back into the pops.

#530 4 years ago

Thought I would share GoodToBeDad's gate mod. I very happy with this. Easy to install and adds to the play field without being too distracting (IMHO). Great support as GoodToBeDad was quick to respond to my question.

Now I am patiently waiting for winteriscoming's T-Rex and Rock914's acrylic backboard light mod?. Oh and I also love accidental's scoop mods my JP looks undressed without them.

Oh, sorry for the crappy photography. This picture doesn't do the gate mod justice.

Phil

JP-Mod.jpg

#531 4 years ago

Thanks for the post, Phil. Your game looks great!

#532 4 years ago

Got my GoodToBeDad gate installed last night. Need to solder the wires on to get a better connection, just have them alligator clipped right now. Now if I could get this damn machine to recognize the balls in the trough and get the solenoid to fire the ball into the shooter lane...

gate.jpg

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Now if I could get this damn machine to recognize the balls in the trough and get the solenoid to fire the ball into the shooter lane...

Sounds like you need to replace the last switch in the trough. I'm having the same problem ... just haven't got around to doing it yet.

#534 4 years ago

Yeah I have replaced it but it doesnt work, its like everything from the apron down isnt registering. My shooter lane switch doesnt activate either or the 3 targets on the left side. I've checked like every solder joint and reflowed a bunch of stuff, still nothing

#535 4 years ago

Have you looked at the switch matrix? Is that a whole column/row? Could be a connector at the board.

#536 4 years ago

OK I need help.

#1 Keep in mind im an idiot.

Went to install the gate mod by goodtobedad and clipped the wrong wires. I clipped 3 wires, a yellow, and two red at the wrong spot. See pic.

image.jpg

Since I realized this at the moment I clipped the third wire, I said hell, if I need to pull the iron out to fix this, why not solder in the gate as well at the same time. Got it all soldered back the way it was, flipped the game on, crazy ghosting of some inserts. I thought maybe I switched the red wires on the mess up re-solder, so i turned it off and swapped the wires. Same issue.

Game plays fine, but the C, H, Ramp JACKPOT, and a few other inserts are now ghosting. The gate lights up and flashes during bone busting as it should.

Here is a short video showing the ghosting.

Any ideas? Bad solder job maybe? I cant figure this out. I messed up, so pissed.

#537 4 years ago

Morning bump....that bad huh?

#538 4 years ago

Might be worth checking your diodes. Are all of those with ghosting in the same row or column? Does the ghosting go away if the mod is unplugged?

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Might be worth checking your diodes. Are all of those with ghosting in the same row or column? Does the ghosting go away if the mod is unplugged?

I am going to remove the mod wires next and see what happens. Thanks

#540 4 years ago

The gate shares a row in the lamp matrix with a few of the lights that are ghosting on your machine. Make sure that the black wire from the gate is attached to the banded side of the diode. Double check that the alligator clips aren't shorting across a connection.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from GoodToBeDad:

The gate shares a row in the lamp matrix with a few of the lights that are ghosting on your machine. Make sure that the black wire from the gate is attached to the banded side of the diode. Double check that the alligator clips aren't shorting across a connection.

Hey dude, I didnt mean to cause any issues on your side, I just thought I messed up and wanted help. Ill PM you about this. Thanks!

#542 4 years ago

No problem at all. I'm happy to help you solve it.

1 week later
#543 4 years ago

Installed Rock914's acrylic mod today and it looks fantastic!

Please note that I had to shorten 2 screws (one on each ramp bracket) to prevent them from hitting the new LED strip. I can't say if these were original screws, but they protruded through the acrylic pretty far. Others may not encounter this, but you'll want to check if you see any holes located directly over the LED strip.

Here are some pics, though my cell phone doesn't do justice to how well this looks. The backboard doesn't actually look as glaring as the one picture makes it seem. Thanks again, Rock914.

JP1.jpg JP3.jpg
#544 4 years ago

I am having a weird, but small issue with my T-Rex. He goes left and right no problem, and even picks up and swallows the ball without issue. However, after he eats the ball, he'll drop a second time to eat a ball, even though its not there.Sometimes he'll randomly drop, even when he's not centered. He always comes back up, but I just thought it was weird.

I recently adjusted the top switch on TRex so he'd go all the back to help swallow the ball. Is that causing him to double dip?

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

I am having a weird, but small issue with my T-Rex. He goes left and right no problem, and even picks up and swallows the ball without issue. However, after he eats the ball, he'll drop a second time to eat a ball, even though its not there.Sometimes he'll randomly drop, even when he's not centered. He always comes back up, but I just thought it was weird.
I recently adjusted the top switch on TRex so he'd go all the back to help swallow the ball. Is that causing him to double dip?

If the up switch isn't reliably registering, the t-rex will go back down.

#546 4 years ago

Having an issue with my JP. The C won't register during CHAOS. Both the control room and bunker seem to register during regular play. Ball kicks out every time. Was just planning on replacing the switches. Anybody have a similar issue? Thanks.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

If the up switch isn't reliably registering, the t-rex will go back down.

Perfect! T-Rex is now behaving like a good little carnivore.

Does anybody have an extra 180-5118-00 ball trough kick up switch [ www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5118-00 ] I could buy from them? I'm still having some issues with the game not recognizing all the balls during CHAOS.

#548 4 years ago

i have one, bought it from p4p.no , but im sure pinballlife oer marco has it?

1 week later
#549 4 years ago

Installed GoodToBeDad's gate mod. Craftmanship is flawless, handpainted and looks so good. Big up on getting one of these. Worth every penny. Thanks again mate.
Photos are taken on cell.

20150605_180328.png 20150605_182241.jpg
#550 4 years ago
Quoted from smerff:

Installed GoodToBeDad's gate mod. Craftmanship is flawless, handpainted and looks so good. Big up on getting one of these. Worth every penny. Thanks again mate.

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm happy that you're enjoying it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 7150 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside